Remove downstate beta from PvP

Chilli.2976

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give everyone a base HP of 15.6k (Mesmer/Ranger/Eng/Revenant HP).

I don't really support this idea, since the downed system works pretty well in its current state. If you lose a 1v1, you'll be punished by being in downstate for a long time unless you get rescued. In teamfights all the cleave will damage you more making you die faster and respawning faster (less punishment). Also, it's like a second life--just because you ran out of HP doesn't mean all hope is lost! Maybe a comeback CAN happen!

But who knows, without downstate players will respawn like crazy and points will be decapped more often, but there will be less counterplay.

No removing downstate would be a big mistake. It would remove the fight complexity in pvp and www, while making pve hell. Think about this: you wouldn't be able while doing pve content to get ressed by your party...In pvp/www leaving someone in downstate it's a strategic move that can let you decap a point or go help your allies while your enemies are out of 1 team member.Edit: just came to my mind that all the skill involving res would become useless as a lot of traits in many trait lines across all classes

@witcher.3197 said:People melt in 2 seconds and you want to remove the only safety net mechanic that was implemented precisely so that people can come back from it? No thanks.

This is exaggerating, but i agree. In other metas, it might have been interesting to test out no downstate mechanic. In this one, it would make unbalanced fights even more unbalanced

I dont know why people ask for new features that have to be created from scratch from Anet so easily. Anet isn't GGG or Blizzard. Suggestions that require something brand new to be made have like a 2 year lead time especially if it isnt something that isn't bug related.

If community voted to get rid of downstate today you arent going to see it happen until like 2020. Its really only towards a major content release day that all their PR starts to come out with the classic bs line "we are listening to the players all the time".

Its easier to make small very specific suggestions that just slightly alter things already in the game. Those can likely be done between balance patches.

Its now after 5 years they decide to make pinned threads where they continuously talk to players about content. If they had done this before HoT expansion, they would have avoided so many problems.

@"Rezzet.3614" said:All we need is to have downstate skills removed , downstate sucks now cuz some are better than other , necro flat out deals more damage than while alive while healing

or you can just account for down states before you enter a duel. downstates are part of the game, and if nothing else it gives gw2 it's combat flavor. I understand might they feel unfair due to balance disparities, but isn't that the same issue with "alive" states? Some builds and professions will always be better duelists than others. You only need to account in your fights that there is this thing "downsatate" which is another/second phase of the battle and be prepared that it might be able to turn the tides if it catches you off guard.

Archived