Empyraal Fragments, Bloodstone Dust and Dragonite Ore - Could we get a vendor price on these?

Oglaf.1074

I think 1c would actually be the appropriate price:

• 80 copper is the estimated value of each mat, based on the bags produced by the eaters, including the value of salvaged gear, ecto from mystic-salvaged rares, and selling ecto
  • 1-2c is the estimated value of each mat, based just on the junk items dropping from the mats.

So 1c per mat seems like a reasonable vendor price: to avoid the inconvenience of converting the mats, we forgo the better rewards.

There are two problems:

• Some people have ascended mats stored in quantity. That's a huge amount of "instant gold" added to the economy, even if only a fraction of players has more than a few stacks to convert
  • It changes the reward values from a number of sources (some farmed, some not), which also has economic implications.

One way to mitigate the economic impact would be to limit the amount convertible per day (e.g. perhaps to 20-25s).

Total Gift Value Data
  • Back in 2015, the value was estimated to be around 10-20 gold per stack of Gifts of Mawdrey|Generosity Rewards|Gunk Covered Pellets.
  • Given (the current) ecto & mat deflation, let's call it 10g/stack.
  • That's roughly 40s/bag, which requires 50 mats
  • i.e. roughly 80 copper per mat
Junk Value Data

But the proposal asks to "skip the middleman" to simplify inventory management. So let's just go by the value of the junk items, i.e. the minimum that ANet wanted us to get from 'eaters'. Those numbers are:

• Gunk Pellets: 1c (from 1.32g per stack of bags, i.e. 5 stacks of mats)
  • Generosity: 1.78c (2.22g/bag-stack)
  • Mawdrey II: 1.91c (2.39g/bag-stack)

didn't we flog this subject to death only recently.

Agree a very low vendor option would be useful, not just for dusts and frags but for magic find as well.Making more use of the resources though would be my preferred option as even a very low vendor value option could still have an impact on wealth generation, meaning more gold sinks would emerge somewhere down the line.

@"Shaogin.2679" said:They already solved this issue with the items that consume this stuff and spit out gift bags.

There's barely anyone who has just the right amount of ascended mats. Typically, people have too much, waaaaaaaaaaay too much, or too little. Currently, most of the "too little" can catch up quickly enough, especially farming LS3 mats (since each drop a goodly portion of b-dust, d-ore, or empty frags). And most people have little enough to spare that the eaters can pick up the slack.

However those that farm regularly, especially silverwastes or multiple routes of Bitterfrost etc, ... they are going to accumulate the mats at rates far beyond the capabilities of a half dozen eaters. On the one hand, I feel that is an okay price to pay for those who farm|farm|farm non-stop; inventory management is always going to be problematic. On the other... I really would like to see ANet add a vendor price to just about anything that we accumulate, except for the stuff we don't want to get rid of accidentally.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Shaogin.2679" said:They already solved this issue with the items that consume this stuff and spit out gift bags.

There's barely anyone who has just the right amount of ascended mats. Typically, people have too much, waaaaaaaaaaay too much, or too little. Currently, most of the "too little" can catch up quickly enough, especially farming LS3 mats (since each drop a goodly portion of b-dust, d-ore, or empty frags). And most people have little enough to spare that the eaters can pick up the slack.

However those that farm regularly, especially silverwastes or multiple routes of Bitterfrost etc, ... they are going to accumulate the mats at rates far beyond the capabilities of a half dozen eaters. On the one hand, I feel that is an okay price to pay for those who farm|farm|farm non-stop; inventory management is always going to be problematic. On the other... I really would like to see ANet add a vendor price to just about anything that we accumulate, except for the stuff we don't want to get rid of accidentally.

I see. Those eaters have always been more than enough to handle my daily income of mats. Guess I just don't play or farm enough to run in to that problem.

@Shaogin.2679 said:I see. Those eaters have always been more than enough to handle my daily income of mats. Guess I just don't play or farm enough to run in to that problem.Nor I. But I come close just from doing a handful of dailies in the LS3 zones. I can see how farmers can feel it's overwhelming.

I farm those areas frequently and its not, because i dont spend all my time their. All my 16 of my chars have full asc and i have no need to stay in those areas. I simply put the mats on my bag toon and consume them over time.

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:I would much rather see something done about ley line sparks, airship oil and auric dust, which have little to no use, and accumulate just as quickly.Jeweled patches and dowels sell for a huge premium. I'd love to have "too many" of those.

The problem with making Jeweled patches/dowels is that Fulgurite1) Uses Obsidian, a material not available for straight gold.2) Uses all three in equal measure.This makes Fulgurite a very inconvenient "eater" for us who acquire these materials in uneven amounts.

To avoid having to delete my surplus of Airship Oil and Auric Dust I will have to go out of my way to farm Ley-Line Sparks (and there's a reason I don't get as much of those - I strongly dislike TD) as well as buy Obsidian, spending a non-gold currency (without any way to replenish it directly from the sale).

So to get any value out of items A & B, farm item C and maybe even currency D.

In reality, you trade one kind of junk for another kind of junk. I stopped using these gizmos quickly, they are not worth my time and valuable inventory slots. Instead, I just delete all the dust, fragments and ore. You just have to drag & drop them from the material storage to the inventory and then out and confirm. I have about 60 of each of the refined stuff in my storage, that's more than I'll ever need.

I would not mind if it sold for 1 copper each at vendors, and please add the "junk" flag to them, so they can be sold with the other junk.

@Shaogin.2679 said:They already solved this issue with the items that consume this stuff and spit out gift bags.

Nope, it's both an inventory and time sink.Fortunately there's a way to reduce most of the pain, but it requires some investment in order to benefit from the QoL.

• Capped storage ( and when you have 2k you trash everything ). But this is 800 gems per storage, which makes 5600 gems, or 4480 gems on discount.

Improved storage is definitely worth it imho.I was not sure at first, but even with 1 or 2 more upgrades it was definitely great!

@Shirlias.8104 said:Improved storage is definitely worth it imho.I was not sure at first, but even with 1 or 2 more upgrades it was definitely great!

I agree, I hesitated for a long time before buying 2 upgrades because you get supposedly more value out of bank slots or another character slot for your money. However, not having to clear out T5 mats and dust/fragments/ore every day is good quality of life. Now, I wished the stack of 750 would stay a stack of 750 so I can delete it all at once, but since you have to move it to the inventory first, you get 3 stacks of 250 again, which you have to delete one by one. Let us just delete a full stack right from the material storage, after confirmation.

@Oglaf.1074 said:

Solved? Hardly.

Alleviated? Possibly.

You're still flooded by way more of the stuff than these can eat.

The item you get from the Aurora collection eats a lot of them like you can get 18 bags from them in all combinations.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gleam_of_Sentience

@Faaris.8013 said:

In reality, you trade one kind of junk for another kind of junk. I stopped using these gizmos quickly, they are not worth my time and valuable inventory slots. Instead, I just delete all the dust, fragments and ore. You just have to drag & drop them from the material storage to the inventory and then out and confirm. I have about 60 of each of the refined stuff in my storage, that's more than I'll ever need.

I would not mind if it sold for 1 copper each at vendors, and please add the "junk" flag to them, so they can be sold with the other junk.

Twice I've had freshwater pearls drop from those junk dispensers, as well as other useful crafting materials. And very rarely an exotic item. And the actual junk you can sell. I like my eaters, have trouble getting enough stuff to feed them.

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:I would much rather see something done about ley line sparks, airship oil and auric dust, which have little to no use, and accumulate just as quickly.Jeweled patches and dowels sell for a huge premium. I'd love to have "too many" of those.

Cool, I didn't realize that. Still hard to get obsidian at anything like the rate the other stuff drops, though.

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:Cool, I didn't realize that. Still hard to get obsidian at anything like the rate the other stuff drops, though.If you rely on random drops, sure. But unless you're short on Karma, obsidian shards can be obtained in large quantities from the temple vendor at Cathedral of Glorious Victory in Malchor's Leap for 2100 Karma each.

@Gudy.3607 said:

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:Cool, I didn't realize that. Still hard to get obsidian at anything like the rate the other stuff drops, though.If you rely on random drops, sure. But unless you're short on Karma, obsidian shards can be obtained in large quantities from the temple vendor at Cathedral of Glorious Victory in Malchor's Leap for 2100 Karma each.

See also: the wiki article. Among other currencies you can trade for obbi shards:

• 25 Aurillium + 1050 Karma (instead of 2100) (the other HoT currencies can be used, too)
  • 100 Unbound Magic plus copper (or VM too)
  • 50 Bandit Crests plus copper
  • 30 Fractal Relics plus copper (although I don't recommend this one, since there are other useful relic sinks)

Thanks, but I find lots of uses for ALL my alternate currencies! XD Maybe at some point. For now, most of my obsidian comes from Ley-energy matter converter. It will probably provide all the obsidian I need, considering that damask cloth, elonian leather, spiritwood and deldrimor ingots also take some time and effort to acquire.

Archived