[Private Poll] Do you enjoy Super Adventure Box? Why?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I do love jumping puzzles, I can't enjoy SAB. The game is not bad at all, but honestly, I don't want to play Mario. I want to jump around using my character, while in Tyria. I want to play GW2.I would prefer they invest the resources in actual Jumping Puzzles.

It was fun the first time. After that, I've become a little bored of it. There are a few main reasons I can think of;

• Tribulation Mode exists. I like being able to wander around, find everything, complete all the achievements. With Tribulation Mode, that's just too much work. Since I only enjoy SAB as casual entertainment, the presence of a swath of achievements I can't be bothered doing is a disincentive for me to even go there.
  • Act 2 seems like it's added all sorts of janky bits and pieces that don't really improve the gameplay.
  • There are so many SAB skins, and SAB guild anthems throughout the rest of the world that I've already had enough of it by the time the next festival rolls around. I had to switch my guild's hall music because it was driving me crazy. Doesn't look like anyone's noticed... yet.

@sweetrules.8359 said:

@Sithis.3564 said:IMHO, wasted resources. However I acknowledge that ppl like it.

That statement is contradictory. It isn't wasted resources if enough people like it.

No it's not. In MY opinion it's wasted. They could put those resources into creating new maps, expanding the world.

However I know there are some ppl who do like it. How many is debatable. There was no new world added recently so that might indicate how true my words are.

I am OBSESSED with SAB, I want trampolene and a slab of ice guild hall decorations, I want SAB mounts skins with a Beedog griffon skin. I want the four other color bauble infusions so we can have all 6 colors at once like little skittles jumping off our character, I want a guild hall decoration SAB portal that lets you enter SAB at any time, or even a gemstore item to enter SAB anytime you want. Last but not least I want worlds 3 and 4! Please Anet someday~ paaaleeeeese!!!!

I enjoyed it because of nostalgia. Something about the old style I really enjoyed.It was also fun and had one of the best reward systems in the game (a random chance at skins and the ability to purchase the ones you wanted directly through playing SAB). And then (world 1) tribulation mode made it more challenging but with its own kind o fun. The length of world 2 (and all the open death areas/minute needed jumps) is my only real problem with SAB. I just don't like how world 2 was done (without infinite coin probably would have rage quit). I hope we get a world 3 this year, with length of each zone somewhere inbetween world 1 and 2.

The only good SAB is a tribulation SAB. Normal mode wont reach zelda tier enjoyment because bosses and puzzles arent at that adventure level. Farming those SAB infusions through 16/16 collections was a blast, so many deaths, so much to memorize and selling in year 2 made me 1.5k gold so nice reward.

I hope this year we get a yellow/purple/green SAB infusion but I dont get my hopes up, there is very little love for this event in the past years. (purple SAB weapon skins pretty please!!)

Without being overly negative, I can't stress how much I dislike it.I lived through the 8-bit graphics/music when vidjya games were new, I'm quite happy to never see them again, retro or not. I personally don't like the platforming aspects that exist in game already. JP's were done for the achievements and I only return to them now for whatever Legendary I'm working on, (thank god for mesmers).I'm a bit of an achievement wh ... uh ... lady of the night ... and finding an entire section of this game that I love so much, that I have next to zero interest in, is quite annoying. Whats worse, since I continue to 'give it a another try' each time it pops up, I have an ever expanding list of unfinished achievement tracks. The OCD completionist in me is wigging out.Lastly, what with the most annoying mini's evar (at least til we were given the option to turn em off) and the gliders and such ... it can be slightly immersion breaking. (yeah, yeah, I know, along with everything else lately ... but in my mind the infusions and what-not can be explained away by, "it's Magic!!". 8-bit graphics, not so much)

Having said that, I kind of do like how its been implemented. It's mostly contained, it isn't like there's an entire map like this. I'm all for others doing what they love.

Dear Arenanet,I'm speaking my mind, but I'm sure a lot of people share my opinion.There are not enough new Jumping Puzzles in the game for a long time. There's like one JP in HoT zones, I don't remember any in the PoF zones. With all the gliding and mounting people are forgetting what made this game interesting and funny. I see people just rushing the new zones and not looking around to see the views that your developers had created with their hands. Underwater content is gone. Little by little it looks like your Team is forgetting that this game is different from any other MMO. Stop listening to the raging players, I know mostly their opinions are shared in the forums or reddit. When someone is having a problem with something he want's to share his opinion...that's normal. But don't misjudge the situation here.Super Adventure Box (SAB) is not only 8-bit joke for some players who think the idea behind it is waste of time. SAB is also the representation, the face of the JP gamestyle in this game. By closing its doors and by not making any more JPs in the open world because of 5% of the actual players who are coming here, complaining about them, that does not mean you have to pull the plug to the old things that made the game what it is today. Sure we all love the new content that you are putting. I'm proud of you for the great work on the new expansion, season 4 story and maps. Please don't turn the experiance I'm having so far just... do the story, do the maps, do the achievments, do the collections...What I'm trying to say is try to stop cutting parts of the game like a plastic surgents trying to make something more pretty and eye soaring for the players. More of the players joined this game not because of the mounts or the gliders but because of the idea behind the game. The community is my family and the game is our home. Try not to inovate it and turn it more like a business place, somewhere where we don't feel comfortable being, place where the job must be done and leave the place asap as we finish it.Thank you for the taken time. I love you Arenanet ! <3

PS: Loved the Three Golem Monte achievment... do more minigames. Fun times.

@Kethavel.1759 said:I am OBSESSED with SAB, I want trampolene and a slab of ice guild hall decorations, I want SAB mounts skins with a Beedog griffon skin. I want the four other color bauble infusions so we can have all 6 colors at once like little skittles jumping off our character, I want a guild hall decoration SAB portal that lets you enter SAB at any time, or even a gemstore item to enter SAB anytime you want. Last but not least I want worlds 3 and 4! Please Anet someday~ paaaleeeeese!!!!

YESSSSSSS! So much this and purple weapon skins ^^ I am so HYPE I gonna open my tribulation mode school again so feel free to write during SAB season i love to guide ppls.

Archived