Wvw Events

XenesisII.1540

@Dawdler.8521 said:Examples of simple changes:

• Disable out of combat health regen globally, people have to heal up themselves.
  • All wall and door hp cut by 50%
  • Balloon tactivators disabled
  • Yellow swords now show when 10 people fight instead of 25
  • Trebs do 100% more damage
  • Arrowcarts do 50% damage
  • etc and so on

I would consider these balance changes, your not going to get people interested in an event by reducing/increasing some numbers and turning some things off and on.ben said it not necessary to use these events as a test for permanent changes. so even though these suggestions good for testing some gameplay balancing it don't mean wvw cant have some more interesting events tested.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@hunkamania.7561 said:

• EU/NA merge weekend
  • No SMC gates weekend
  • No Superior AC weekend
  • Mount weekend
  • No AoE cap weekend
  • cannot use invisibility weekend
  • 500% magic find 500% wxp on red BL weekend(maybe someone will play on the map)-No desert BL weekend

Spice it up

You cannot merge NA and EU servers for tons of reasons. The rest is ok.

Yes you can. They did it in the desert BL beta. Shouldn't be an issue for a weekend event.

I sincerely don't remember but how can that work? Time zones are almost opposite, when it's peak time in NA, it's night time in EU, so noone around.

Events that change the way WvW is played can be very divisive, many still remember golem week which got no end of complaints from many WvW players, it also had a lot of bugs. However I think it was also perhaps too big a change to how the game could be played.

Ideas:Double rewards week.Double magic find in WvW week.Double ram or trebuchet or catapult damage for a week.No shield generators for a week.No tactics for a week.Dolyaks are armoured, packed and super speed for a week but no camp upgrades.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:We certainly welcome any ideas for future WvW events!

Here are some guidelines we've been using in our brainstorming.

Change the way WvW is played in some way. Doesn't have to be a big change, but should be a change.

Using events as test beds for permanent changes can be nice, but isn't necessary. There are many things we probably would be willing to do for the length of a matchup, but wouldn't want it to be forever.

Events shouldn't require large art changes. We want to be able to implement these events quickly and not rely on getting a lot of art that may never be used again.

Events shouldn't exclude large sections of the player base. No restricting events to specific classes, expansions, etc.

Looking forward to hearing more ideas!

So what you're saying here is a No Elite Specs Weekend is a possibility, since it doesn't exclude any class or expansion from accessing the game mode (every expac includes Core).

Personally I think it offers a good opportunity to see just how much the Elite Specs have messed this game mode up with their power creep and AoE spam.

@Zaraki.5784 said:

• EU/NA merge weekend
  • No SMC gates weekend
  • No Superior AC weekend
  • Mount weekend
  • No AoE cap weekend
  • 500% magic find 500% wxp on red BL weekend(maybe someone will play on the map)-No desert BL weekend

Spice it up

Yes you can. They did it in the desert BL beta. Shouldn't be an issue for a weekend event.

I sincerely don't remember but how can that work? Time zones are almost opposite, when it's peak time in NA, it's night time in EU, so noone around.

They just put NA/EU together for the beta is how it worked and NA players can play EU primetime on the weekend ez so can EU players if they stay up late to catch NA primetime.. This would be SUPER fun for the weekend.

@hunkamania.7561 said:

• EU/NA merge weekend
  • No SMC gates weekend
  • No Superior AC weekend
  • Mount weekend
  • No AoE cap weekend

Spice it up

They just put NA/EU together for the beta is how it worked and NA players can play EU primetime on the weekend ez so can EU players if they stay up late to catch NA primetime.. This would be SUPER fun for the weekend.

Wow, it's SUPER fun to play when no enemy is around, really fun.

I would like to see an event, where supply management will be crucial again. I liked that aspect of the game before all the auto-upgrade system took over. Perhaps to beta test some new ideas with traps (see below)

Ideas to improve playing with the supply resource & traps could be

1. Poison Caravan traps (only triggered by dolyaks), that will slow dolyaks (crippled, like Sentinel do) and make them lose all but 10 supply when not manually healed (by a condi cleanse); costs 5 supply to place
  2. Sapper trap (placed next to an enemy wall will slowly drain the wall's HP to 75%, so it is easier to attack the wall with siege (does no stack, will be removed by a normal repair, so it is only there to weaken the wall, not break it down); costs 15 supply to create
  3. Summon Worker (it is a trap item); This is a callback to the old workers before auto upgrades; If used next to a depot (we need a summon zone), it calls a worker, who is seeking out a damaged wall/gate and slowly repairs it; 20 Supply to summon => worker gains 20 supply and starts moving around and repairs like a player without a repair mastery; he returns to his depot when we has supply left or vanishes when he runs out of supply; This could also be a counter to a Sapper trap. Sadly, that would require a lot of Dev hours.
  4. Supplying the Army debuff; While being on an enemy Borderland, the costs of all builds (involving spending supply) is increased by 25%; I think that would make it less easy for a dominating server to take over an enemy BL and dig in, making supply management for an attacking commander a task again (who right now can send his troops back to home base and just resupply from his dominated maps).

@Zaraki.5784 said:

• EU/NA merge weekend
  • No SMC gates weekend
  • No Superior AC weekend
  • Mount weekend
  • No AoE cap weekend

Spice it up

What? It'll be packed with commanders and players on all sides.

@hunkamania.7561 said:

• EU/NA merge weekend
  • No SMC gates weekend
  • No Superior AC weekend
  • Mount weekend
  • No AoE cap weekend

Spice it up

How? Let's say we have Desolation vs Maguuma vs X, I'm playing on Desolation (EU) world for exemple from 8 to 13, there will be no Maguuma (NA) enemy players in that time. Or the opposite, if I play on Maguuma world from 18-1

@Zaraki.5784 said:

• EU/NA merge weekend
  • No SMC gates weekend
  • No Superior AC weekend
  • Mount weekend
  • No AoE cap weekend

Spice it up

How? Let's say we have Desolation vs Maguuma vs X, I'm playing on Desolation (EU) world for exemple from 8 to 13, there will be no Maguuma (NA) enemy players in that time. Or the opposite, if I play on Maguuma world from 18-1

Well, that's the problem WvW has with the server system. It's very unbalanced. It'll obviously work better with the new WvW restructuring that's coming

@hunkamania.7561 said:

• EU/NA merge weekend
  • No SMC gates weekend
  • No Superior AC weekend
  • Mount weekend
  • No AoE cap weekend

Spice it up

Well, that's the problem WvW has with the server system. It's very unbalanced. It'll obviously work better with the new WvW restructuring that's coming

Yes but it's a bit mitigated now without the merge of EU and NA because time zones between countries of the same continent vary less, if you merge them you could potentially create large time slots where one world is active and the other one is sleeping.

World restructuring should solve this issue but before that, merging NA and EU is a bad idea imo.

Archived