XenesisII.1540

@Zaraki.5784 said:

• EU/NA merge weekend
  • No SMC gates weekend
  • No Superior AC weekend
  • Mount weekend
  • No AoE cap weekend
  • cannot use invisibility weekend
  • 500% magic find 500% wxp on red BL weekend(maybe someone will play on the map)-No desert BL weekend

Spice it up

You cannot merge NA and EU servers for tons of reasons. The rest is ok.

Yes you can. They did it in the desert BL beta. Shouldn't be an issue for a weekend event.

I sincerely don't remember but how can that work? Time zones are almost opposite, when it's peak time in NA, it's night time in EU, so noone around.

They just put NA/EU together for the beta is how it worked and NA players can play EU primetime on the weekend ez so can EU players if they stay up late to catch NA primetime.. This would be SUPER fun for the weekend.

Wow, it's SUPER fun to play when no enemy is around, really fun.

What? It'll be packed with commanders and players on all sides.

How? Let's say we have Desolation vs Maguuma vs X, I'm playing on Desolation (EU) world for exemple from 8 to 13, there will be no Maguuma (NA) enemy players in that time. Or the opposite, if I play on Maguuma world from 18-1

Well, that's the problem WvW has with the server system. It's very unbalanced. It'll obviously work better with the new WvW restructuring that's coming

Yes but it's a bit mitigated now without the merge of EU and NA because time zones between countries of the same continent vary less, if you merge them you could potentially create large time slots where one world is active and the other one is sleeping.

World restructuring should solve this issue but before that, merging NA and EU is a bad idea imo.

I suggested it for ONE weekend IE 2-3 days. It's not a big deal and would be a lot of fun for many guilds and players.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Notjes.7182" said:"Open Season"Remove all doors and all walls from all fortifications.(If that is to complicated: disable repairing everywhere.)

Imagine the onslaught. Lord room fights 24/7 on all boarders. :D

No one is going to defend, not when a group can just come in and sneak a keep easily, everything will be like a camp and those get sneak taken very often.The point of walls and gates is to delay attackers long enough for a defensive response.Other adjustments will have to be made to compensate for that, like watchtower full time or triple lords health, or K-train and back capping fiesta is all it will turn out to be.

@hunkamania.7561 said:

• EU/NA merge weekend
  • No SMC gates weekend
  • No Superior AC weekend
  • Mount weekend
  • No AoE cap weekend
  • 500% magic find 500% wxp on red BL weekend(maybe someone will play on the map)-No desert BL weekend

Spice it up

Yes you can. They did it in the desert BL beta. Shouldn't be an issue for a weekend event.

I sincerely don't remember but how can that work? Time zones are almost opposite, when it's peak time in NA, it's night time in EU, so noone around.

They just put NA/EU together for the beta is how it worked and NA players can play EU primetime on the weekend ez so can EU players if they stay up late to catch NA primetime.. This would be SUPER fun for the weekend.

How? Let's say we have Desolation vs Maguuma vs X, I'm playing on Desolation (EU) world for exemple from 8 to 13, there will be no Maguuma (NA) enemy players in that time. Or the opposite, if I play on Maguuma world from 18-1

Well, that's the problem WvW has with the server system. It's very unbalanced. It'll obviously work better with the new WvW restructuring that's coming

Yes but it's a bit mitigated now without the merge of EU and NA because time zones between countries of the same continent vary less, if you merge them you could potentially create large time slots where one world is active and the other one is sleeping.

World restructuring should solve this issue but before that, merging NA and EU is a bad idea imo.

I suggested it for ONE weekend IE 2-3 days. It's not a big deal and would be a lot of fun for many guilds and players.

Being one weekend or one year still present the same issue.

Remove PPK. In the beginning, I'd say most people thought it was a good idea. The idea was that the best fighting servers would be rewarded. Unfortunately, it just turned into people only fighting when they have clear numbers advantages. I come to WvW for the fights. PPK removes the incentive too many times.

@Zaraki.5784 said:

• EU/NA merge weekend
  • No SMC gates weekend
  • No Superior AC weekend
  • Mount weekend
  • No AoE cap weekend

Spice it up

There's no issue. with wvw restructure everyone will have players. With more people playing there's less coverage issues. should only be skill issues. and there's coverage gaps now so what's the difference anyways? You can't say that this game is balanced at all. No1 cares about winning so it shouldn't even be an issue. Only people that would be salty are those EU players that nightcap everyday and want to bang doors all night instead of fight.

@hunkamania.7561 said:

• EU/NA merge weekend
  • No SMC gates weekend
  • No Superior AC weekend
  • Mount weekend
  • No AoE cap weekend

Spice it up

There's no issue. with wvw restructure everyone will have players. With more people playing there's less coverage issues. should only be skill issues. and there's coverage gaps now so what's the difference anyways? You can't say that this game is balanced at all. No1 cares about winning so it shouldn't even be an issue. Only people that would be salty are those EU players that nightcap everyday and want to bang doors all night instead of fight.

Read me, I said in my prev post that with the new WvW Restructure, your idea will be okay, but not before that moment.

well, in another game I've been playing, they have an interesting mechanic that I think GW2 can indirectly use to also balance the game ...random handicaps ..

example of handicaps -

• random pockets of poison fields ....where when you run through this area - you are hit with aoe and your health drains.
  • in another instance, the npc guards get seriously buffed ...and are super hard to take down and can pretty much one shot you.
  • half life or half energy - players log on with either half life or half energy
  • land mines - where you are being chased by a zerg ...and lead them to your friendly neighborhood landmines
  • wild fires - where the woods are on fire and contact with the trees set players on fire
  • low / high gravity events - where everyone can fly / jump high ....or pretty much drops like lead.
  • insanely fast mode - where everyone moves 1/3 to 1/2 faster than normal.
  • tequatl pops in to say hello and forces the whole map to fight it , while fighting each other at the same time. tequatl can also be an interesting neutral mechanic as he can burn everything down negating ownership of random properties around the game till someone kills it.
  • super pet buffs - where pets ...and summoned minions are seriously op - the one day that the minion master is a serious threat in wvw.
  • etc

Nothing fixed ...just a rotation of handicaps or buffs that keep players on their toes and subtly make each match feel different, and give different classes a chance to be the hero of the day. Basically capitalizing on the power creep as opposed to trying to balance it. lol.

Now this can also be used to give random handicaps to various groups - for example ....a radar that disables invis. , or a mechanical device that disables all forms of physical / melee type fights - elemental damage only......and the inverse ...matches that are physical damage only.

Just something that "randomly" puts different characters - that are otherwise considered OP - at a major disadvantage.
the whole randomness of it will encourage versatility when normally powerful classes are at a big disadvantage, lesser classes a bigger advantage,and encourage using different classes of characters as tools for the occasion ...vs the go to kill everything all the time character.

A weekend were having more then 4 other players next to you gain a speed debuff of 3% for every player in a 200 radius of you.

So like the more players over 4 in your radius the more speed debuff stacks there will be:

• 4 players = 0% speed reduction
  • 5 players = 3%
  • 6 players = 6%
  • 10 players = 18%
  • 15 players = 33%

The numbers here could go all the way to a max of 66% reduction or even start stack reduction when players in your radius exceeds 10. This could encourage smaller squads and spread players around the map more.

And somthing for fun slippy surfaces all over EB and the BL, this will mean you will slide down hills and be hard to climb then, you probely run to the edge of a cliff and slip off.

@neven.3785 said:No fortified objectives (reinforced happens at tier 3)

Perma quickness

Quaggan keep lords that shoot baby quaggan projectiles.

Aftershock - damages all gates and walls 15% every 30 min

Champion sentries

No superior or guild siege

Ruination - triple wxp for players killed in ruins, ruins contribute to ppt tick.

No fall damage

Trebwars - trebs cost half supply

Champion sentry Razer!

I have no faith left in Anet at the moment, and this is due to some servers locked for over a year, condi become the meta, and terrible linking. I guess the game will continue to lose players at regular intervals because the very basic uncomplicated issues that are either ignored, or have a program written to take the place of good human logical intervention. Do whatever you like for the week-end, just give me the dates so I can go play other games for that period.

@XenesisII.1540 said:

@"Notjes.7182" said:
"Open Season"
Remove all doors and all walls from all fortifications.
(If that is to complicated: disable repairing everywhere.)

Imagine the onslaught. Lord room fights 24/7 on all boarders. :D

No one is going to defend, not when a group can just come in and sneak a keep easily, everything will be like a camp and those get sneak taken very often.The point of walls and gates is to delay attackers long enough for a defensive response.Other adjustments will have to be made to compensate for that, like watchtower full time or triple lords health, or K-train and back capping fiesta is all it will turn out to be.

Maybe, so what is the problem? Who the kitten cares about karma in wvw?

@MarkBecks.6453 said:I have no faith left in Anet at the moment, and this is due to some servers locked for over a year, condi become the meta, and terrible linking. I guess the game will continue to lose players at regular intervals because the very basic uncomplicated issues that are either ignored, or have a program written to take the place of good human logical intervention. Do whatever you like for the week-end, just give me the dates so I can go play other games for that period.

I can't do anything to restore your faith in Anet. However, these are not 'very basic uncomplicated issues'. That's a gross misinterpretation of their challenges. I submit that Anet cares and Anet has some smart and creative people. Where they fall down is the amount of resources they dedicate to the game mode. Its insufficient to make changes at anything but a snails pace. Lastly, they take forever to recover from bad decisions. A current example is having a separate balance team from the game mode the balance is done with. PvP and WvW balance bounces between bad and horrific. Until they get a balance team dedicated to each game mode, they should just stop making any changes.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:We certainly welcome any ideas for future WvW events!

Here are some guidelines we've been using in our brainstorming.

Change the way WvW is played in some way. Doesn't have to be a big change, but should be a change.

Using events as test beds for permanent changes can be nice, but isn't necessary. There are many things we probably would be willing to do for the length of a matchup, but wouldn't want it to be forever.

Events shouldn't require large art changes. We want to be able to implement these events quickly and not rely on getting a lot of art that may never be used again.

Events shouldn't exclude large sections of the player base. No restricting events to specific classes, expansions, etc.

Looking forward to hearing more ideas!

Reset Daily.

There. No art changes. No balance issues. No player alienation. Did I win?

D:

! P.S. It is lacking a RP element. So I guess those players are out of luck. Still they aren't blocked from attending. Alas, I tried!

@Dreggon.6598 said:well here's a dumb idea i threw together

make all structures invulnerable except the main one in each map - SMC in EB, and the garrisons in each borderlands, would be the only vulnerable structures

while you're inside one of those contested structures that your team owns, you get drip-fed WXP and reward track progress. the goal is to capture those structures so you get the gradual rewards, and defend them so you don't lose those rewards.

i haven't thought it through any more than this, if you like it then great

Invulnerable? All structures except one? What would be the purpose of that? Might as well just make a new map that have just one structure in it that everyone fights over. What you're suggesting sounds like everyone would just sit inside their own Garri and get drip fed WXP and rewards for doing... nothing. ???

That's what it seems like to me anyway, and if that's the case then seriously this wouldn't work out well at all.

• 2 weeks later...

i guess ill start a lil list:

no invuln going into downstate.to make a structure contested, you have to kill one guard every 30 seconds or hit with siege damage every (10?) seconds.improving ranger in some way to make them more viable in large scale wvw, either with aoe damage, better team support, or a few unique buffs/debuffs. oh and give mesmer some good aoe damage. maybe give phantasms and clones 1 sec of invuln when created as a minor trait somewhere.putting some sort of buff when youre on top of walls (maybe something you can build via upgrades) when no wall or gate is down so that you dont get insta killed or pulled.putting some sort of damage cap on gates and walls so zergs cant build 10 catas and blow through defenses like cheese. not a popular choice i bet. probably a bad idea lol.nerfing maximum targets of acs.disabling the ability for mesmers (maybe necros too eh) to port people up onto walls to bypass walls. no more mesmer sweeps yay.stop nerfing aoe caps. makes it so you need more numbers, which is not possible for most servers. might be different with world restructuring.

• 2 weeks later...

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:We certainly welcome any ideas for future WvW events!

Change the way WvW is played in some way. Doesn't have to be a big change, but should be a change.

Using events as test beds for permanent changes can be nice, but isn't necessary. There are many things we probably would be willing to do for the length of a matchup, but wouldn't want it to be forever.

Events shouldn't require large art changes. We want to be able to implement these events quickly and not rely on getting a lot of art that may never be used again.

Events shouldn't exclude large sections of the player base. No restricting events to specific classes, expansions, etc.

Hey, hey... I have a great idea for an event...

... the name for this event would be 'Make WvW Great Again', where we already have a really fun WvW, and not the mess we have now!

Keeping apart the ironic mode for some seconds... seriously, you waste time with 'events' when the WvW environment is rolling down without giving us realistic mechanics and ideas for resurrecting it? What happens, we gonna wait until WvW is totally dead for coming with a really objetive plan?

Oh my god...

@Cambeleg.7632 said:

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:We certainly welcome any ideas for future WvW events!

Hey, hey... I have a great idea for an event...

... the name for this event would be 'Make WvW Great Again', where we already have a really fun WvW, and not the mess we have now!

Keeping apart the ironic mode for some seconds... seriously, you waste time with 'events' when the WvW environment is rolling down without giving us realistic mechanics and ideas for resurrecting it? What happens, we gonna wait until WvW is totally dead for coming with a really objetive plan?

Oh my god...

And what exactly are you expecting out of them? what are realistic mechanics and ideas to resurrect to wvw for you?

Don't know what people don't understand here. They are working on the alliance system full time, it's going to be a huge change for wvw. There are times when they can work on other stuff like these weekend bonuses which wouldn't take much to setup, or QoL changes, because they don't implement wvw changes all on their own, there are other teams involved in the work. So people need to stop with the generic "why aren't you doing this instead" rap. There are also thing that are mostly or completely out of their control to change, like class balancing which affects 3 different sections of the game but ours is tied to pve, everyone has to wait on the balance team to make those calls.

If people are looking for specific changes to the game that would make wvw enjoyable for them, then please start a thread and state your ideas.

Not sure if this was suggested but I think it would be fun to have a "Survival WvW". Map resets, players enter in their bras and granny panties only. Must locate objects that can be generated into gear and weapons or use object weapons found in the map e.g. stick, torch etc. Players have to build or take over existing structures and create siege to defend them. It may actually give players a feeling that what they have built is of value and therefore they will defend it to the death. :-)

@"Zushada.6108" said:Not sure if this was suggested but I think it would be fun to have a "Survival WvW". Map resets, players enter in their bras and granny panties only. Must locate objects that can be generated into gear and weapons or use object weapons found in the map e.g. stick, torch etc. Players have to build or take over existing structures and create siege to defend them. It may actually give players a feeling that what they have built is of value and therefore they will defend it to the death. :-)

I love that idea! Sounds like fun and some guilds have done that when they get bored.

How about a debuff for groups larger than 25. Weakness, or a big stat drop as soon as within a certain size area there are more than 25 of your own team.The blobbing and zerging is getting ridiculous at the moment. ON reset all you see is 2 big map blobs taking camps and undefendable towers.

Archived