Use spear weapon on land!

There's 3 possible weapons that could use Spear skins:

• Harpoon: The spears used underwater that we have already.
  • Javelin : 1 hand spears used mostly on ranged attacks, like paragons.
  • Polearm: 2 hand spears that can also use some staff and trident skins, used mostly on melee attacks with considerably long reach, from 180 to 360 units.

Something similar could be done with harpoon guns:

• Haphazardly slap a shorbow skin from the same weapon set on to of a harpoon gun, boom, crossbows.

@Oglaf.1074 said:Spear on land makes me chuckle because Warriors have the innate ability to wield all their weapons in either hands. Which means you’d end up with dual Spears, and the idea of some stabbing with two Spears like a madman is inherently funny to me.

They can make main hand only spear? Like any other class has main hand only weapons.

@Sylent.3165 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:Spear on land makes me chuckle because Warriors have the innate ability to wield all their weapons in either hands. Which means you’d end up with dual Spears, and the idea of some stabbing with two Spears like a madman is inherently funny to me.

They can make main hand only spear? Like any other class has main hand only weapons.

Nope. Warriors get the class bonus of being allowed to wield any one-hander as they please. Because masters-at-arms and all that.

‘Tis the way of the Warrior.

It wouldn’t be right not to have off-hand Spear as well - no matter how comical I would find it.

@Oglaf.1074 said:

Nope. Warriors get the class bonus of being allowed to wield any one-hander as they please. Because masters-at-arms and all that.

It wouldn’t be right not to have off-hand Spear as well - no matter how comical I would find it.

Shield says hi ^^

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

Shield says hi ^^

Shield isn’t a one-hand weapon, it is an offhand. Same thing withTorch and Warhorn.

@IndigoSundown.5419 said:Doubtless this thread will end up the same as the many other threads of the same topic over time.

• A few people will post in favor.
  • The perpetual naysayers will post their Fifty Shades of Nay.
  • ANet will ignore it.

Good luck.

And the new trend of people who say these topics are pointless.I'd love the spears on land, but I've long since accepted 'defeat'

As much as I think this would be a nice addition to the game, looking at this realistically, there are a few glaring issues which seem to be unaddressed.If this "Spear" was introduced, do all professions have access to it? That seems a bit odd, giving everyone the same wep and unfair to only allow selected classes to use it. The better implementation would be to add 3 new weapons - 1 for each weight class(one of which can be the "spear"). However, this is a huge amount of work and would draw resources from other developments in game like story or FoTM or (existing)gear development.I could end up eating my own words, but at this point, I believe we won't see any new weapons in the near future. There are just about enough "unused" options remaining for at least 1 more expac(looking forward to a dagger guard, scepter warrior and GS thief :lol: ).

@Oglaf.1074 said:

We'll see how well that holds up if Warrior ever gets an elite spec to wield Scepter.

The spear is one of those weapons that are vastly underrepresented in fantasy settings although they've been the most popular and dealdy meele weapons throughout history. Same goes for all kinds of polearms and crossbows, which were pretty much skipped for some weird reason. Then again, Gw2's weapons and armor have never been very realistic.As much as I'd love to see spears being used properly, I don't have much hope.

@Oglaf.1074 said:

Shield says hi ^^

Shield isn’t a one-hand weapon, it is an offhand. Same thing withTorch and Warhorn.

Incidently this is why we cant dualweild shields or torches, imagine what freak of nature that was born with two offhands instead of just two hands. The difference is important.

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:

Think of 2greatswords then XD

That’s actually the opposite in that it would be the most rad thing ever. Well, the second most rad thing ever after dual-Hammers. :D

There really should be a Minor Trait in Strength that allowed you to. Diablo II Barbarian4Lyfe

if they introduce a new weapon, i want big! spectacular! shiny designs!!! not these boring ass designs like the pistols, maces, warhorns etc that all look practically the same. i want spears like inspired by mongolians etc... otherwise anet can keep it if theyre gonna make stupid designs like "The Ugly stick" and so forth.

Archived