Charged Quartz Crystals ?

Not many things require Charged Quartz. The only case you really have to grind them on your own is when you want gear with celestial stats (5 per inscription/insignia), wanderer- or commander-stats (1 per inscription/insignia). And even in that case, depending on the rarity, you can bypass some gear-parts with selectable-stats-pieces.

If you need them for guildhall-upgrades, you can ask in LFG/map-chat or in the Players helping Players sub forum. Some of us are collecting Charged Quartz in the deep hope for a nice update one day.

Aside from the home-instance node you can also try the other Quartz nodes in Drytop or Crystal Oasis (if you own the expansion). The Charged Quartz is seen as a rare-bonus from gathering those nodes, so it would be best use to one character for the gathering only and gear it up with a booster, banners & the guildhall buff of course. The chances are pretty low though.

If you are in need of Sheet of Charged Ambrite, you can purchase those straight out of the TP.

It would be nice to have more detailed information.

@HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:Aside from the home-instance node you can also try the other Quartz nodes in Drytop or Crystal Oasis (if you own the expansion). The Charged Quartz is seen as a rare-bonus from gathering those nodes, so it would be best use to one character for the gathering only and gear it up with a booster, banners & the guildhall buff of course. The chances are pretty low though.The charged quartz crystal only drops from the home instance node, according to the wiki. My own experience of gathering quartz pretty much every day basically since Dry Top became part of the game bears that out:normal quartz node: 3 crystals, always; except for buffs that give you a chance of additional gathering hits.rich quartz node: 10 crystals, always.home instance node: 3 crystals, low chance with every hit of getting 5 additional crystals, rare chance per hit of getting a charged quartz crystal

And depending on what you want them for, a lot of times its better to look for alternative methods of getting the end product. For celestial armor, unless you're going fractals (which rarely uses celestial builds now), you're better off getting "choosy stat" armor boxes that have them as an option. Stat yields by gear type descend in the following order of significance/cost.

WeaponAmuletRingsAccessories/EarringsArmorBackpiece

Because the difference between Asc and Exotic armor sets is only 20 on the primary stat, and the back piece only 5, the only real concern is the need for infusions. Plus looking at the math, you can only get 30 points from stat infusions on armor, which makes your total difference (theoretically) just under 50 from the max possible if you had exotic armor and ascended everything else. A difference of barely 2 stacks of might, and only has a significant impact in a hand full of high multiplicative situations (ie....practically never happens unless you have the impossible perfect rotation). Any half way competent raid group wouldn't be bothered by this due to still being on the high end of stat ratios, while in WvW the stats are just padding more then anything else.

if you're doing it for Leyinfused tools, you're better off buying them with spare gold then trying to suck it up on the time gate...... those requirements were made with the intention of 70+ guild members doing that every day, and donating to the guild hall. But if you're doing it for crafting collections, you're pretty much boned; however, I don't think any require more then 5, so thats not too much of a wait overall.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@Dami.5046 said:They arelalso used in make trailblazer armour, I know - I was dumb enough to decide to craft a set. My friend had been getting the odd one out of trick or treat bags.

Charged Ambrite is at least tradeable - you can completely bypass the timegate.

I never thought to look, just grabbed the 25 crystals and went, so many thx :D. Was toying with a dire set anyways as cheaper :anguished:

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@Dami.5046 said:They arelalso used in make trailblazer armour, I know - I was dumb enough to decide to craft a set. My friend had been getting the odd one out of trick or treat bags.

Charged Ambrite is at least tradeable - you can completely bypass the timegate.

I never thought to look, just grabbed the 25 crystals and went, so many thx :D. Was toying with a dire set anyways as cheaper :anguished:

This is one of those items for which you only run out once... and then you take steps to prevent the issue from arising ever again (by preparing a bunch long before you need it again or deciding to avoid using it altogether).

I do wish ANet would change one of the elements that makes this annoying:If something is account bound, it shouldn't be time-gated; if it's time-gated, it should be tradeable. There's no reason to have double limitations (and good reasons to make it more flexible). For example, if the charged quartz is time gated, then allow us to sell the insignia/inscriptions on the TP.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:This is one of those items for which you only run out once... and then you take steps to prevent the issue from arising ever again (by preparing a bunch long before you need it again or deciding to avoid using it altogether).

I do wish ANet would change one of the elements that makes this annoying:If something is account bound, it shouldn't be time-gated; if it's time-gated, it should be tradeable. There's no reason to have double limitations (and good reasons to make it more flexible). For example, if the charged quartz is time gated, then allow us to sell the insignia/inscriptions on the TP.

It used to be like that with T7 mats being tradable.... but turns out that wasn't restrictive enough when people can just offset the time gate with gold. This pretty much started with the revisions to crafting with Legendary armor collections.... because they needed something to make sure the process required a MINIMUM number of days to complete, so people wouldn't have something in day one, week one, or month one.

@starlinvf.1358 said:It used to be like that with T7 mats being tradable.... but turns out that wasn't restrictive enough when people can just offset the time gate with gold. This pretty much started with the revisions to crafting with Legendary armor collections.... because they needed something to make sure the process required a MINIMUM number of days to complete, so people wouldn't have something in day one, week one, or month one.

I think T7 mats work just fine. They sell for a big premium on the TP; jeweled dowels & patches demand an even bigger coin boost (even without a limiting-time gate). Charged quartz is unique in being limited both by the time gate and the account binding; I think it's overkill. (Although, given that it hasn't changed in 5 years, I expect it won't ever get an update.)

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@starlinvf.1358 said:It used to be like that with T7 mats being tradable.... but turns out that wasn't restrictive enough when people can just offset the time gate with gold. This pretty much started with the revisions to crafting with Legendary armor collections.... because they needed something to make sure the process required a MINIMUM number of days to complete, so people wouldn't have something in day one, week one, or month one.

I think T7 mats work just fine. They sell for a big premium on the TP; jeweled dowels & patches demand an even bigger coin boost (even without a limiting-time gate). Charged quartz is unique in being limited both by the time gate and the account binding; I think it's overkill. (Although, given that it hasn't changed in 5 years, I expect it won't ever get an update.)

But thats not really the point..... the reason for the time gate on what I call Gen 2 crafting (I'm just calling it that from now on) to force a routine. The reason for the time gate in Gen 1 (ascended gear), was merely to create scarcity.

@Gudy.3607 said:

@HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:Aside from the home-instance node you can also try the other Quartz nodes in Drytop or Crystal Oasis (if you own the expansion). The Charged Quartz is seen as a rare-bonus from gathering those nodes, so it would be best use to one character for the gathering only and gear it up with a booster, banners & the guildhall buff of course. The chances are pretty low though.The charged quartz crystal only drops from the home instance node, according to the wiki. My own experience of gathering quartz pretty much every day basically since Dry Top became part of the game bears that out:normal quartz node: 3 crystals, always; except for buffs that give you a chance of additional gathering hits.rich quartz node: 10 crystals, always.home instance node: 3 crystals, low chance with every hit of getting 5 additional crystals, rare chance per hit of getting a charged quartz crystal

My guildie got 10 charged from home instance mode once.

• 9 months later...

But when crafting a full set of celestial gear, or the satchel of emblazoned celestial gear, this time gate makes the craft minimum 30 days. 30 days is awhile. Because I have all the materials right now. I just can only charge one crystal a day. So I can only craft one piece of gear a week basically.

@"HnRkLnXqZ.1870" said:Not many things require Charged Quartz. The only case you really have to grind them on your own is when you want gear with celestial stats (5 per inscription/insignia), wanderer- or commander-stats (1 per inscription/insignia). And even in that case, depending on the rarity, you can bypass some gear-parts with selectable-stats-pieces.

If you need them for guildhall-upgrades, you can ask in LFG/map-chat or in the Players helping Players sub forum. Some of us are collecting Charged Quartz in the deep hope for a nice update one day.

Archived