So, time for Underwater Mounts?

@X T D.6458 said:With the upcoming (and long overdue :) ) overhaul of underwater skills hopefully it will be easier to play underwater and we will see more of that content in the future. So...will we be able to ride Dolphins anytime soon?

In my honest opinion I think it would be th next logical step to give skimmer the ability to swim underwater.

"The next Guild Wars 2 balance update arrives on May 8, bringing a sea change to underwater combat! We’re enhancing underwater skills and utilities so you can blast the barnacles off anything that tries to nibble your toes while you’re swimming."

No idea what is that "overhaul" you're talking about, this thing is screaming "balance update" to me...

But on a second note, it would be cool to use a skimmer underwater ;)

@"Ziooo.8932" said:"The next Guild Wars 2 balance update arrives on May 8, bringing a sea change to underwater combat! We’re enhancing underwater skills and utilities so you can blast the barnacles off anything that tries to nibble your toes while you’re swimming."

No idea what is that "overhaul" you're talking about, this thing is screaming "balance update" to me...

Yep, particularly as the underwater utilities they're enhancing are also surface utilities so I'm not expecting that much really.

I just hope that they make more skills usable underwater, maybe make all ground targeted skills target your current target when underwater. That kind of thing.

Underwater mount.. specifically Dolphin's been a request of mine for a while now.

I am very happy the devs are finally giving the underwater content some TLC.. it is very long overdue and frankly something I've also been nagging for years about.

It makes me optimistic that future content involving the sea dragon isn't going to be ignored which a lot of people were starting to suspect it would be thanks to underwater content overall being negatively viewed despite GW2 having one of the best underwater and combat systems in the MMO world.

I'm probably getting my hopes up a little too high here but I can't help it.. this is something i've wanted for years now.

A seahorse would be neat. But realistically, it would be a lot easier to give the skimmer (basically a manta ray) a dive function and have it swim underwater. Like a circular back flip that plunges in down. Swimming animations wouldn't need to be changed. I feel like skimmer needs some extra love.

Since we got introduced to mounts in PoF I think in the next expansion they could theoretically expand upon mount abilities by giving them the power to swim underwater or it could be a mastery trait but tbh i prefer the former. In any case I am very excited for this underwater balance update.

@Samnang.1879 said:4 quaggans carrying an underwater chariot... i vote for this... @anet_mount_designer_team... ppl would buy the 3rd expansion just for this

I have to say, that sounds pretty awesome. I'd pay gems for that.

There was a thread a while back on underwater mount ideas that had some great suggestions.

I like the idea of a Manta Ray, which would be relatively easy for Anet as the Skimmer is pretty much a manta ray (and for a while (still?), if you went to an underwater waypoint while mounted on your skimmer, it would rocket you up to the surface, so we have (had?) a sort of underwater mount).

@AncientYs.8613 said:

@X T D.6458 said:With the upcoming (and long overdue :) ) overhaul of underwater skills hopefully it will be easier to play underwater and we will see more of that content in the future. So...will we be able to ride Dolphins anytime soon?

In my honest opinion I think it would be th next logical step to give skimmer the ability to swim underwater.

ah crap, that might happen with lazy anet.

@Pifil.5193 said:

@"Ziooo.8932" said:
"The next Guild Wars 2
balance update
arrives on May 8, bringing a
sea change to underwater combat
! We’re
enhancing underwater skills
and utilities so you can blast the barnacles off anything that tries to nibble your toes while you’re swimming."

Yep, particularly as the underwater utilities they're enhancing are
also
surface utilities so I'm not expecting that much really.

I just hope that they make more skills usable underwater, maybe make all ground targeted skills target your current target when underwater. That kind of thing.

if its not a major overhaul, they should of just not said anything about it until after. It'd be great anet laziness if all they did was make necro wells usable and instead of cirlce aoes they became sphere aoes. lol, that would just be sad.

Archived