Deadeye Rework: Feedback [Merged]

Bazsi.2734

@Ryans.9571 said:

@Kallist.5917 said:Says Combat only in the description ingame, so I imagine it was just a oversight for the change log. But is anyone else seeing a huge drop in damage for DJ? Hits that were doing 27K yesterday are now hitting 11K.

That is because they removed the bonus damage from malice

The 15% bonus per malice stack that was exclusive to DJ? Or do you mean the 15%/21% all-damage bonus on your target due to malice stacks?

I didn't see anything bout them removing the 15% per stack on Death's Judgement in the notes. Is it gone from the tooltip in game? I'm at work and can't check.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Turk.5460 said:

@Kallist.5917 said:Says Combat only in the description ingame, so I imagine it was just a oversight for the change log. But is anyone else seeing a huge drop in damage for DJ? Hits that were doing 27K yesterday are now hitting 11K.

That is because they removed the bonus damage from malice

The 15% bonus per malice stack that was exclusive to DJ? Or do you mean the 15%/21% all-damage bonus on your target due to malice stacks?

I didn't see anything bout them removing the 15% per stack on Death's Judgement in the notes. Is it gone from the tooltip in game? I'm at work and can't check.

the malice stack bonus, that added up quick. I haven't been able to long in myself to see if they changed more on DJ besides just moving it. I know at the end of the day I am in the minority but so far I am not liking the changes, it feels like they are trying even harder to make rifle less useful. But I acknowledge I am in the minority and I will just switch back to Daredevil for thief and play a different class if I want to be effective at long range.

Well if you're a brave soul you can probably make a nasty hybrid build with Grieving or Vipers (Maybe Celestial?) gear. Build up malice with Death Blossom, then hit Shadow Gust and BV for a formidable unblockable backstab.

Even without going D/D I'm tempted to try out a Marauder/Grieving gear build.

Eh the thing I've been doing is this:Malicious Intent, Premeditation and M7. Mark> Dancing Dagger x2> cloak and dagger > jacked up backstab.

As long as you have a high crit chance your malice should be full and you'll have used basically no initiative. Pretty sure malicious backstab still gets the malice bonus from the front as well.

Logged in and check the changes in game vs the old damage modifiers, they should still be adding up to the same amount so something is going on that either we are missing or something in the game is not adding and multiplying the right way.

@Sarge shot Grif.6450 said:Eh the thing I've been doing is this:Malicious Intent, Premeditation and M7. Mark> Dancing Dagger x2> cloak and dagger > jacked up backstab.

As long as you have a high crit chance your malice should be full and you'll have used basically no initiative. Pretty sure malicious backstab still gets the malice bonus from the front as well.

But...but...3+3+5=11

@Turk.5460 said:

@Sarge shot Grif.6450 said:Eh the thing I've been doing is this:Malicious Intent, Premeditation and M7. Mark> Dancing Dagger x2> cloak and dagger > jacked up backstab.

But...but...3+3+5=11

M7 gives you 7 ini back when it triggers now.

@Sarge shot Grif.6450 said:

But...but...3+3+5=11

"Maleficent Seven: This trait no longer increases the malice-gain rate or heals the player. Instead, it now grants a large number of boons when the thief reaches maximum malice and 7 initiative."

I'm reading this as "In order to trigger Maleficent Seven, you must have 7 malice and 7 initiative." Meaning if you only have 5 initiative when you reach 7 malice, the trait won't trigger until your initiative regenerates up to 7. Could be wrong, but that's how it seems to be worded.

@Turk.5460 said:

But...but...3+3+5=11

"Maleficent Seven: This trait no longer increases the malice-gain rate or heals the player. Instead, it now grants a large number of boons when the thief reaches maximum malice and 7 initiative."

I'm reading this as "In order to trigger Maleficent Seven, you must have 7 malice
and
7 initiative." Meaning if you only have 5 initiative when you reach 7 malice, the trait won't trigger until your initiative regenerates up to 7. Could be wrong, but that's how it seems to be worded.

Yeah I thought that too but no one on the balance team can be THAT stupid, just a wording error. Go give it a try for yourself, it hits like a truck.

Welp. At least Perma-quickness aint a problem anymore. Shame about Perfectionist being moved to Maleficent Seven... But then again, M7 needed it.

Seems I'm gonna have to reconfigure my Condi Deadeye in WvW as well, now that stolen-abilities can't be used as condi-AoE nukes in conjunction with Improvisation.

@"DemonSeed.3528" said:So it's more like, "Maleficent Seven: This trait no longer increases the malice-gain rate or heals the player. Instead, it now grants a large number of boons and 7 initiative when the thief reaches maximum malice."? Does that make more sense?

Yes and if that's how it works then it should have been worded the way you said it :pPutting 7 initiative at the end of the sentence there logically places it as part of the prerequisite. But I'm glad that's not the case, as that opens up a lot of possibilities for players who thought Trickery was mandatory.

In what context? Maybe sPvP using shortbow? All of the advantages of thief are generally surrendered with this kind of build and D/P still does the job better. It lacks any engage so it should die immediately, and in WvW the better build remains D/P SA via heal skills to generate malice in stealth.

@Doctor Hide.6345 said:I bloody hate the changes. They killed DE Rifle for PvE.

been testing it for a while, i can manage the same DPS i do before on the golem but now with added layer of complexity. so while it's more engaging to play, i hardly feel like it's an upgrade to the spec... if only they'd retained the passive malice bonus damage modifier along with all the new changes

@Astyrah.4015 said:

been testing it for a while, i can manage the same DPS i do before on the golem but now with added layer of complexity. so while it's more engaging to play, i hardly feel like it's an upgrade to the spec... if only they'd retained the passive malice bonus damage modifier along with all the new changes

I think its good we have the same numbers. Even though its more work. The goal wasn't to make us better I think it was to make it more fun/engaging to play the class. I also thing they made more builds potentially. Im just glad you were able to achieve the same numbers because others are struggling for some reason

I’ll update the OP when we get an updated GW2Skills. In the meantime I’ll get started here. I’ll update this after I have a chance to actually play around with everything in game.

[WIP] Malicious Shadow Duelist:

Weapons (sigils):

• Pistol (Mal-PvP/Bursting-WvW) / Dagger (Venom)
  • Shortbow (Venom/Corruption)Armor (Runes)
  • Mixed/Deadshot Amulet (Thorns/Tormenting)Traits:
  • Shadow Arts: 3-2-3
  • Deadly Arts: 3-2-1
  • Deadeye: 3-3-3Utilities:
  • Hide in Shadows
  • Shadowstep
  • Binding Shadow
  • Mercy
  • Shadow Meld

I won't say they killed DE Rifle, but I really hate the new play dynamic for Rifle. On the up side D/D is more fun. My damage with Rifle seems lower than before, but that could be just me not used to the new play style. My damage for D/D seems to be higher.

One in the Chamber. Yep, it still conflicts with Mercy. The stolen skills themselves are still so marginal in their use that an entire trait choice is not worth getting one RANDOM stolen skill. Speaking of trait choices, now there's an additional conflict in that both Malicious Intent and One in the Chamber serve a similar purpose as far as Malice gain goes, now that stolen skills add Malice. Maybe if Malicious Intent wasn't there, One in the Chamber might be slightly more desirable.

The teaser even specifically mentioned the rework aiming to rid the specialization of its conflicts, so how was this oversight possible to begin with?

Archived