What's your favourite 2k gem mount skin?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I picked shrine guardian, but I also really love grand lion and summit wildhorn. The wings on the lion are my absolute favorite, because I prefer bird wings to the bird/leather hybrid of the normal griffon. However, shrine guardian wins out for most favorite because it just flows so well. Lion's head seems really large (dat mane!) And I don't use Springer as often as jackal.

Here's hoping the next 2k mount skin is a really cool raptor. I just couldn't get behind the peacock.

The goat is the only one I own, I like it much more than the bunny (which is okay as well, I'm not one of the people who balked at the design).

Other than that, Shrine Guardian looks good but I'd never buy it because I use Jackal only to jump through sand portals, and even then most of the time I can't remember where this specific portal goes and just use other mounts to get around instead. I know there's some arguments to the contrary but I find Jackal utterly useless. It's a total waste of such a good skin.

Honestly feel like Shrine Guardian is above the others. I own them all besides the Raptor one. They all have one thing that really puts me off of them.

The Warhound just has a weird shape that annoys me after a while, the Wildhorn Springer is very.. unimpressive. Like it doesn't have all those effects the others have.The Skimmer is really nice, perfect skin that I wished it had when I first got the mount but it's also kinda small for my taste and its my least favorite mount in general.Grand Lion Griffon is awesome, especially the roar when mounting it. What I don't like about the skin is how thin the feathers get at the wings, it looks really weird because they are literally 1 pixel thick.

I got lucky with a Black Lion Chest and got the Shrine Guardian Jackal. Otherwise I wouldn't spend any money on these mounts. But, I love it's foxy look with the longer , more slender jaw. I get the Naruto thing, cuz my husband watches it. I just particularly don't like the Naruto character. I am more of an Inuyasha fan.

I voted Shrine Jackal. The design is elegant, the modified effects and sounds are great, and I liked the alternate acquisition method of 'getting lucky with keys' - though that's predominately because the keys worked out for me.

The Grand Lion skin is a close second, though. If they took that and just gave it a bird head instead of the goofy lion, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I gotta go with Shrine Guardian since I can ride around on the back of Amaterasu...

Second favourite would probably be Umbral Demon. It looks like something you might find in a Doom game.

@Cuddy.6247 said:55% for the shrine guardian. The cross-section with the Naruto/anime fandom is strong.Huh?

I guess I'm just nostalgic, but I like the skin because it reminded me of Okami (a game which I remember quite fondly).

I like the Shrine Guardian a lot (It was the mount I didn't know I needed), I also like the Grand Lion and the Wild Horn Springer a lot too. I might be upset about paying 2k gems for one of them, but gold is easy enough to make that I was able to raise the almost 600g for the new Jiuweihu mount in less than three days. I like that people assume that it's because anime, but the nine-tailed fox originates in Chinese mythology, not Japanese (Though I suppose the design does seem to be patterned a little more from the Japanese tradition).

Archived