Daily Berry Acquisition bugged

In case anyone still looking for where posted by Arenanet - was in the 29/6 posting https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/44775/game-update-notes-june-26-2018#latest

"Late Note:•Fixed an issue in which the Winterberry Bush Node was incrementing progress for the Daily Berry Acquisition achievement in the Bitterfrost Frontier.Basically same as what was posted earlier. Not sure of the reason and wonder if it affects the Primordial Orchids

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@darksome.1697 said:like with the nerf on Rich mining nodes that went from 10 hits to 8 in a recent patch without a single word anywhere.

There never was a nerf like that. You must be using different tools now (which gather at a different pace).Actually, there was a change: we used to need four 'whacks' to finish harvesting a rich node: 3-3-3-1. Some of the newer tools took only three 'whacks': 4-4-2. With the introduction of glyphs, they updated
all
infinite tools (maybe non-infinites, too?) to consistently use the 4-4-2/three-whack version.

Some people thought they were losing two hits because they thought they were still getting 3 hits on the first & second swings.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:Kinda surprising they found time to make this change while the patch introduced more important problems. Was there anyone ever demanding this change? How impactful was home instance node? Did it kill Bitterfrost population? :')This change was made with the original patch, not with today's update; the patch note simply came late.

Regardless, it was a bug. All bugs go into a queue to be fixed and I'm 90% sure that this one has been on someone's list since LS3.3 (when the node was introduced) and was never given permission to work on it. Had it been fixed week 1 or had it been working this way since start, it wouldn't be bothering us.

Mind you, I personally would have kept this one on the backburner. A bug sure, but doesn't seem like a meaningful one. In the grand scheme, 5 berries plus HoT mastery XP plus a little karma doesn't have a major economic impact. The reward is dwarfed by what people get from berry runs. Then again, we don't know what facts ANet used to decide.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@darksome.1697 said:like with the nerf on Rich mining nodes that went from 10 hits to 8 in a recent patch without a single word anywhere.

There never was a nerf like that. You must be using different tools now (which gather at a different pace).Actually, there was a change: we used to need four 'whacks' to finish harvesting a rich node: 3-3-3-1. Some of the newer tools took only three 'whacks': 4-4-2. With the introduction of glyphs, they updated
all
infinite tools (maybe non-infinites, too?) to consistently use the 4-4-2/three-whack version.

Some people thought they were losing two hits because they thought they were still getting 3 hits on the first & second swings.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:Kinda surprising they found time to make this change while the patch introduced more important problems. Was there anyone ever demanding this change? How impactful was home instance node? Did it kill Bitterfrost population? :')This change was made with the original patch, not with today's update; the patch note simply came late.

Regardless, it was a bug. All bugs go into a queue to be fixed and I'm 90% sure that this one has been on someone's list since LS3.3 (when the node was introduced) and was never given permission to work on it. Had it been fixed week 1 or had it been working this way since start, it wouldn't be bothering us.

Mind you, I personally would have kept this one on the backburner. A bug sure, but doesn't seem like a meaningful one. In the grand scheme, 5 berries plus HoT mastery XP plus a little karma doesn't have a major economic impact. The reward is dwarfed by what people get from berry runs. Then again, we don't know what facts ANet used to decide.

I was expecting you to invent an excuse :)

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Regardless, it was a bug. All bugs go into a queue to be fixed and I'm 90% sure that this one has been on someone's list since LS3.3 (when the node was introduced) and was never given permission to work on it. Had it been fixed week 1 or had it been working this way since start, it wouldn't be bothering us.

They really need to co-ordinate better because not only does the Posy node increment the Fire Orchid daily but the Kourna Cache increments the Kourna Shard Hoarder daily. And reword the daily to reflect how they actually want it to be used like the Oyster Farmer which states 'Siren's Landing' specifically.

@Tyger.1637 said:They really need to co-ordinate better because not only does the Posy node increment the Fire Orchid daily but the Kourna Cache increments the Kourna Shard Hoarder daily. And reword the daily to reflect how they actually want it to be used like the Oyster Farmer which states 'Siren's Landing' specifically.

This is what's bugging me about this: many of the home instance nodes seem to advance their map-specific gathering dailies. Some do not. Now there is one more that doesn't, but the whole situation is as inconsistent as ever. I could understand a change that fixes all the nodes, but fixing only the one doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

@Gudy.3607 said:

@Tyger.1637 said:They really need to co-ordinate better because not only does the Posy node increment the Fire Orchid daily but the Kourna Cache increments the Kourna Shard Hoarder daily. And reword the daily to reflect how they actually want it to be used like the Oyster Farmer which states 'Siren's Landing' specifically.

This is what's bugging me about this: many of the home instance nodes seem to advance their map-specific gathering dailies. Some do not. Now there is one more that doesn't, but the whole situation is as inconsistent as ever. I could understand a change that fixes all the nodes, but fixing only the one doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

I've literally just done a home harvest. Kourna Shard Hoarder; 20% (1/5), Draconis Mons Fire Orchid Posy 60% (3/5) from home nodes.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

all

Your explanation almost covers the unannounced change they did. I have always used my Watchwork Mining Pick, before the change and after the change. The change I'm talking about is most notable when you get the Daily Gatherer on mining nodes. Before the change, you only needed 1 single Rich node to complete it (or the Guild Hall mining node). After the change one rich node (or the Guild Hall mining node) is no longer enough to complete the Daily gatherer.

And for me, the nerf on the Winterberries in the home instance is baffling. Like others have stated, people invested 50g on that node, and then they decide to nerf it more than a year later? The inconsistent node treatment makes buying these nodes a gamble, almost like loot boxes.

@darksome.1697 said:

all

Your explanation almost covers the unannounced change they did. I have always used my Watchwork Mining Pick, before the change and after the change. The change I'm talking about is most notable when you get the Daily Gatherer on mining nodes. Before the change, you only needed 1 single Rich node to complete it (or the Guild Hall mining node). After the change one rich node (or the Guild Hall mining node) is no longer enough to complete the Daily gatherer.

And for me, the nerf on the Winterberries in the home instance is baffling. Like others have stated, people invested 50g on that node, and then they decide to nerf it more than a year later? The inconsistent node treatment makes buying these nodes a gamble, almost like loot boxes.

I'm still getting 10 hits, with my Watchwork pick on Rich nodes (except the strangeness of SW, of course).

About the 50g for the node. We still get exactly what we purchased - a node giving 5 berries per day.

Now, I'm also low-grade annoyed that they changed this, especially as it's inconsistent (several other nodes progress their dailies, but they don't finish it on their own), but we can't claim that they changed what we purchased. They changed the Daily achievement. The effect is really the same as if they'd raised the daily to 6 berries.

I can understand why they made this change (largely for consistency, since it was the only node that allowed you to complete a Bitterfrost daily without ever stepping foot in the map), but like everybody else, I'm somewhat annoyed about it. It's worked like this for well over a year now, and I've gotten used to my 7 berries and bonus XP/karma every day.

On the flip side, they DID buff the Brandstone node a few months in. Here's hoping they do the same for the Kournan Supply Cache, because as it is right now, that cache is terrible value for money compared to the other nodes.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

all

I'm still getting 10 hits,
with my Watchwork pick
on Rich nodes (except the strangeness of SW, of course).

About the 50g for the node. We still get exactly what we purchased - a node giving 5 berries per day.

Now, I'm also low-grade annoyed that they changed this, especially as it's inconsistent (several other nodes progress their dailies, but they don't finish it on their own), but we can't claim that they changed what we purchased. They changed the Daily achievement. The effect is really the same as if they'd raised the daily to 6 berries.

If you're getting 10 hits with your Watchwork pick without the glyph granting you an extra hit in occasion, does that mean that it is only My Watchwork pick that somehow changed to only getting 8 hits?

@darksome.1697 said:

all

with my Watchwork pick

If you're getting 10 hits with your Watchwork pick without the glyph granting you an extra hit in occasion, does that mean that it is only My Watchwork pick that somehow changed to only getting 8 hits?

It means I'd recommend checking very carefully how many pulses of XP and materials you actually get. Pulse 3 & 4 of each interact is simultaneous.Best when a daily, so you can see the count go up - you should go 10 > 20 > 40 on first interact, 50 > 60 > 80 on second.

all

with my Watchwork pick

It means I'd recommend checking
very carefully
how many pulses of XP and materials you actually get.
Pulse 3 & 4 of each interact is simultaneous.
Best when a daily, so you can see the count go up - you
should
go 10 > 20 > 40 on first interact, 50 > 60 > 80 on second.

I looked at the extra strike glyph and decided I didn't like it compared to the others, so I can't confirm personally, but I have been told by people in-guild that the "additional strikes" are only possible on normal nodes. The rich nodes have a fixed cap of 10 returns, and either don't proc the extra strikes, or "empty" as soon as you get ten total strikes worth of resources.

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

all

with my Watchwork pick

very carefully
should

I looked at the extra strike glyph and decided I didn't like it compared to the others, so I can't confirm personally, but I have been told by people in-guild that the "additional strikes" are only possible on normal nodes. The rich nodes have a fixed cap of 10 returns, and either don't proc the extra strikes, or "empty" as soon as you get ten total strikes worth of resources.

We're not talking about the extra strike glyph. This is baseline functionality from the glyph update. The vendor-bought tools have functioned like this for a long time, as did some permatools. It was extended to all permatools a while back.

I have always used my Watchwork Mining Pick, before the change and after the change. The change I'm talking about is most notable when you get the Daily Gatherer on mining nodes. Before the change, you only needed 1 single Rich node to complete it (or the Guild Hall mining node). After the change one rich node (or the Guild Hall mining node) is no longer enough to complete the Daily gatherer.I'm still getting 10 hits,
with my Watchwork pick

Same. I get the mining daily from a single rich node, with exceptions for nodes that aren't working quite right for other reasons unrelated to this (previous) change.

@Zaxares.5419 said:I can understand why they made this change (largely for consistency, since it was the only node that allowed you to complete a Bitterfrost daily without ever stepping foot in the map)That's the point: it isn't true. Fire orchid node for example also progresses the daily (and can trigger the daily if you manage to hit 2 extra orchids. Happened to me a few times already). The only difference was that winterberry node always gave enough berries for the daily.

So, the change made things more inconsistent, not less.

all

with my Watchwork pick

very carefully
should

We're not talking about the extra strike glyph. This is
baseline functionality
from the glyph update. The vendor-bought tools have functioned like this for a long time, as did some permatools. It was extended to all permatools a while back.

I ... I understand the change made to the tools during that update. I thought, perhaps incorrectly, that there was also someone confused by the use of the extra strikes glyph in combination to that baseline change, thus my comment would be a useful contribution. I'm sorry if it was not.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Zaxares.5419 said:I can understand why they made this change (largely for consistency, since it was the only node that allowed you to complete a Bitterfrost daily without ever stepping foot in the map)That's the point: it
isn't true
. Fire orchid node for example also progresses the daily (and can trigger the daily if you manage to hit 2 extra orchids. Happened to me a few times already). The only difference was that winterberry node always gave enough berries for the daily.

So, the change made things
more
inconsistent, not less.

No, they made them more consistent. What you fail to realize is that so far, all LS home instance nodes are actual nodes identical to the ones you find in their respective maps. The Winterberries, and also the Orrian Pearls, are not nodes but boxes. One of them has progressed the daily (Winterberries), the other never has (Orrian Pearls). That's the only inconsistency in this whole matter. And that inconsistency is now removed.

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

@Zaxares.5419 said:I can understand why they made this change (largely for consistency, since it was the only node that allowed you to complete a Bitterfrost daily without ever stepping foot in the map)That's the point: it
isn't true
. Fire orchid node for example also progresses the daily (and can trigger the daily if you manage to hit 2 extra orchids. Happened to me a few times already). The only difference was that winterberry node always gave enough berries for the daily.

more
inconsistent, not less.

No, they made them more consistent. What you fail to realize is that so far,
all LS home instance nodes are actual nodes identical to the ones you find in their respective maps. The Winterberries, and also the Orrian Pearls, are not nodes but boxes.
One of them has progressed the daily (Winterberries), the other never has (Orrian Pearls). That's the only inconsistency in this whole matter. And that inconsistency is now removed.

You do realise your own inconsistancy? Is it all LS3 nodes or not? The Winterberry node still just says 'gather 5 winterberries', the oyster specifically says 'Oysters from Siren's Landing'. Fire Orchids still count for their daily and the cache from LS4E3 counts for the Kourna daily. Either they should all grant daily credit, help towards credit or none of them should give credit.

@Tyger.1637 said:

@"Zaxares.5419" said:I can understand why they made this change (largely for consistency, since it was the only node that allowed you to complete a Bitterfrost daily without ever stepping foot in the map)That's the point: it
isn't true

more
inconsistent, not less.

No, they made them more consistent. What you fail to realize is that so far,
all LS home instance nodes are actual nodes identical to the ones you find in their respective maps. The Winterberries, and also the Orrian Pearls, are not nodes but boxes.
One of them has progressed the daily (Winterberries), the other never has (Orrian Pearls). That's the only inconsistency in this whole matter. And that inconsistency is now removed.

You do realise your own inconsistancy? Is it all LS3 nodes or not? The Winterberry node still just says 'gather 5 winterberries', the oyster specifically says 'Oysters from Siren's Landing'. Fire Orchids still count for their daily and the cache from LS4E3 counts for the Kourna daily. Either they should all grant daily credit, help towards credit or none of them should give credit.

Would it have helped you if I said "Winterberries and Orrian Pearls are exceptions to the rule?" or if I had added the word "however" somewhere in my sentence? Your nitpicking aside, the fact of the matter is that Winterberries and Orrian Pearls do not have regular nodes in the home instance, but boxes. In other words, they are not like the nodes in their respective maps. Those 2 are the only ones like that, out of all LW nodes. And that is the reason why neither of them count towards a daily. The other nodes that have dailies, Fire Orchids and Kournan Caches, are nodes exactly like the ones in their respective LW maps. The latter count towards dailies, the former don't. If you don't believe me, just read my first comment in this thread, which was accepted as an answer by Gaile.

Archived