Deadeye is broken OP

@Highlie.7641 said:

Any decent thief is going to come out of stealth with 3 round burst, (which will bait your dodge) then use DJ, incase you don't know Dj has a cast time of 1/2 seconds without haste, (the thief will have haste due to traits) your dodge roll has an iframe of 3/4 of a second. learn timing and evades are not a defense.

Did you know you can dodge roll twice in a row? It's super effective.

Did you know that your window to double dodge does not exist, (your getting hit with DJ as your first evade ends) try again.

Nope, they can be chained almost perfectly if you keep mashing the button.

you talking about less then 1/4 of a second, not happening.

Does happen to me quite often, though. Weird. Maybe I'm special.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you expect every class to have a counter for every situation at every given moment?

Don't be ridiculous.

this had a counter, they removed it (reflect). That is bad design if you can't understand that this discussion is pointless.

It still has a plethora of counters though, Dodges, Evades, Invulns, Pseudo Invulns, Blinds, CC, LoS, Body blocking, out ranging it...

You must be fighting some god awful thieves man. or perhaps you don't realize i'm talking about DJ.

Any decent thief is going to come out of stealth with 3 round burst, (which will bait your dodge) then use DJ, incase you don't know Dj has a cast time of 1/2 seconds without haste, (the thief will have haste due to traits) your dodge roll has an iframe of 3/4 of a second. learn timing and evades are not a defense.Does every profession have invuls? no they dont.Blinds / CC: first what 1200 range blinds do you have? If you can think of some that's nice, but your also forgetting to mention the fact that the thief is coming in with stealth. you have no refrence point to hit him with blinds or CC.Los: this is PvP most maps don't have decent LOS spots while on point, (obviously there are exceptions)Body blocking: so your either die or killing a teamate. body blocking only work for mesmers and MM necrosOutrange: Are you serious? thief's have teleports. shadow step, and rehashed shadow step those are some horrible thieves.

Let's put it this way i have 11k life running a full glass core d/d thief spec.i have 0 problems killing deadeyes. But i can't honestly say Deadeye is a healthy spec for pvp? You can't either

Just out of curiosity, what rank / rating are these DE showing up that people are crying about it.

And you expect every class to have a counter for every situation at every given moment?

Don't be ridiculous.

this had a counter, they removed it (reflect). That is bad design if you can't understand that this discussion is pointless.

It still has a plethora of counters though, Dodges, Evades, Invulns, Pseudo Invulns, Blinds, CC, LoS, Body blocking, out ranging it...

You must be fighting some god awful thieves man. or perhaps you don't realize i'm talking about DJ.

Any decent thief is going to come out of stealth with 3 round burst, (which will bait your dodge) then use DJ, incase you don't know Dj has a cast time of 1/2 seconds without haste, (the thief will have haste due to traits) your dodge roll has an iframe of 3/4 of a second. learn timing and evades are not a defense.Does every profession have invuls? no they dont.Blinds / CC: first what 1200 range blinds do you have? If you can think of some that's nice, but your also forgetting to mention the fact that the thief is coming in with stealth. you have no refrence point to hit him with blinds or CC.Los: this is PvP most maps don't have decent LOS spots while on point, (obviously there are exceptions)Body blocking: so your either die or killing a teamate. body blocking only work for mesmers and MM necrosOutrange: Are you serious? thief's have teleports. shadow step, and rehashed shadow step those are some horrible thieves.

Let's put it this way i have 11k life running a full glass core d/d thief spec.i have 0 problems killing deadeyes. But i can't honestly say Deadeye is a healthy spec for pvp? You can't either

Just out of curiosity, what rank / rating are these DE showing up that people are crying about it.

bronze, probably

@"Highlie.7641" said:last person i heard complaining about DE was ranked #5 btw...

"It works perfectly fine for me if I input correctly from my side. And my ping is about 100-150."

impossible, You would have to dodge while in a dodge roll which you can not do. Now you could of said FS and that would of been believable (though still unlikely)

Then I do the impossible because two chained dodges get me out of every situation imaginable (except ring of warding) on a regular basis.Also, in your example you seem to assume that the deadeye in question is not affected by network latency.

@"Highlie.7641" said:Any decent thief is going to come out of stealth with 3 round burst, (which will bait your dodge) then use DJ, incase you don't know Dj has a cast time of 1/2 seconds without haste, (the thief will have haste due to traits) your dodge roll has an iframe of 3/4 of a second. learn timing and evades are not a defense.

but DJ is a stealth attack and cannot be used if revealed.

I don't use rifle, but that -is- how it works right? It's a flipover skill and reveals you when you use it, but you must be in stealth to begin with.

If a thief three round bursts on you from stealth, he is revealed and cant set up for DJ immediately unless he burns his elite. and that takes a full second from Meld to DJ.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Death%27s_Judgment

is the description wrong or something?

@Airdive.2613 said:

@Highlie.7641 said:Do you need an explanation on how the internet works? There is always delay between an action and a server....Does delusional count as special?

It works perfectly fine for me if I input correctly from my side. And my ping is about 100-150.

The reaction time of a college aged person typically around 0.25 seconds for a visual cue and 0.2 seconds for a audio cue. Adding 100ms of ping to that brings it up to 0.35 seconds for a visual cue and 0.3 seconds for a audio cue.

I 100% guarantee that you can not reactively dodge a 0.25 second cast.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Highlie.7641 said:Do you need an explanation on how the internet works? There is always delay between an action and a server....Does delusional count as special?

It works perfectly fine for me if I input correctly from my side. And my ping is about 100-150.

The reaction time of a college aged person typically around 0.25 seconds for a visual cue and 0.2 seconds for a audio cue. Adding 100ms of ping to that brings it up to 0.35 seconds for a visual cue and 0.3 seconds for a audio cue.

I 100% guarantee that you can not reactively dodge a 0.25 second cast.

I don't. I'm saying that if your first dodge roll is baited, then you can reliably chain it into another dodge roll to evade the expected follow-up.

@Highlie.7641 said:

@Highlie.7641 said:Any decent thief is going to come out of stealth with 3 round burst, (which will bait your dodge) then use DJ, incase you don't know Dj has a cast time of 1/2 seconds without haste, (the thief will have haste due to traits) your dodge roll has an iframe of 3/4 of a second. learn timing and evades are not a defense.

I don't use rifle, but that -is- how it works right? It's a flipover skill and reveals you when you use it, but you must be in stealth to begin with.

If a thief three round bursts on you from stealth, he is revealed and cant set up for DJ immediately unless he burns his elite. and that takes a full second from Meld to DJ.

hasted meld, dude.

Sounds like a lot of excuses and lots of opportunities to counterplay and interrupt...

@Highlie.7641 said:

@Highlie.7641 said:Any decent thief is going to come out of stealth with 3 round burst, (which will bait your dodge) then use DJ, incase you don't know Dj has a cast time of 1/2 seconds without haste, (the thief will have haste due to traits) your dodge roll has an iframe of 3/4 of a second. learn timing and evades are not a defense.

hasted meld, dude.

Sounds like a lot of excuses and lots of opportunities to counterplay and interrupt...

Fact's are not excuses..

Excuses.

@Highlie.7641 said:

hasted meld, dude.

Fact's are not excuses..

Excuses.

triggered?

Nope, just saying it how it’s, I’m not the one having trouble with easily avoidable highly telegraphed attacks, unlike some people.

@Highlie.7641 said:

hasted meld, dude.

Fact's are not excuses..

Excuses.

triggered?

Nope, just saying it how it’s, I’m not the one having trouble with easily avoidable highly telegraphed attacks, unlike some people.

Reading is hard isn't it....."Let's put it this way i have 11k life running a full glass core d/d thief spec.i have 0 problems killing deadeyes. But i can't honestly say Deadeye is a healthy spec for pvp? You can't either"

it's obvious at this point your using this to get carried, and you wonder why the player skill level is at an all time low. do you need a hint? kitten like this.

Lulz, again I don’t even play DE, let alone Thief. I main and almost solely played Herald and have been for well over a year. Again, I’m not the one making excuses for dying to highly telegraphed skills, that have a plethora of counterplay.

Oh right someone said this

learn timing and evades are not a defense.

@Highlie.7641 said:

hasted meld, dude.

Fact's are not excuses..

Excuses.

triggered?

Reading is hard isn't it....."Let's put it this way i have 11k life running a full glass core d/d thief spec.i have 0 problems killing deadeyes. But i can't honestly say Deadeye is a healthy spec for pvp? You can't either"

it's obvious at this point your using this to get carried, and you wonder why the player skill level is at an all time low. do you need a hint? kitten like this.

All these people complaining about a shitty build that isn't good in pvp or wvw at all, and the vast majority lying about how fights with DE play out.

Tell you what, why don't you link the build for me and I will walk you through the combat with said DE build. Because every single person on these forums thinks deadeye is the only elite spec in the game with 6 trait line slots and 12 utility slots, it is impossible to have a reasonable conversation. Link me the build you think is OP.

A bit more on topic.There are abilities in GW 2 whose description claim they "destroy projectiles".

The ones I can think of are:

• guardian sanctuary;
  • guardian sword 3;
  • dragonhunter longbow 3;
  • necromancer corrosive poison cloud;
  • druid staff 5;
  • mesmer focus 5 (untraited).

Could the community check if these (and more) skills can counter death's judgment?Some skills look like they could also destroy projectiles (thief smoke screen, ranger axe 5, mesmer focus 4 and 5 when traited) but differ in description.

@"Airdive.2613" said:A bit more on topic.There are abilities in GW 2 whose description claim they "destroy projectiles".

• guardian sanctuary;
  • guardian sword 3;
  • druid staff 5;

Could the community check if these (and more) skills can counter death's judgment?Some skills look like they could also destroy projectiles (thief smoke screen, ranger axe 5, mesmer focus 4 and 5 when traited) but differ in description.

I've tried LB3 on DH. It does not stop DJ.

@"Airdive.2613" said:A bit more on topic.There are abilities in GW 2 whose description claim they "destroy projectiles".

• guardian sanctuary;
  • guardian sword 3;
  • druid staff 5;

They do not work against any unblockable attacks.

@Highlie.7641 said:

hasted meld, dude. your forgetting the haste on mark GM trait

It's 2 seconds isn't it? Also I thought the meta was mal 7?

@Legatus.3608 said:

hasted meld, dude.

Fact's are not excuses..

Excuses.

triggered?

All these people complaining about a kitten build that isn't good in pvp or wvw at all, and the vast majority lying about how fights with DE play out.

Tell you what, why don't you link the build for me and I will walk you through the combat with said DE build. Because every single person on these forums thinks deadeye is the only elite spec in the game with 6 trait line slots and 12 utility slots, it is impossible to have a reasonable conversation. Link me the build you think is OP.

welcome to the club people put mesmer in. The punch is in the corner.

@Legatus.3608 said:

@Crystal Paladin.3871 said:By frustrate, I meant the actual frustration.... No way to stay alive... Death in 2 secs... ;)

I didn't know you have to give up the ability to dodge, block and reflect to become a bunker.

Dodge is the only option... And for bunkers fighting and staying on points, it's always used up most of the time... Pressure from cqc guys hard to stay vigilant of health with a sudden 12k~20k drop in health, it's almost instant death... Running away is nearly impossible but only a pro can reset fight at that point... meanwhile, the thief who takes potshots necessarily need not be one to do that dmg.... U get my point??? That's why I mentioned it a frustration...

Anyway it's up to a person's mindset weather to really accept it or not... Or suggest more cliche responses like "use dodge" "run away" "block" "signet" that's beside the point I'm trying to make... If you feel that's not at all a frustration for warriors and guards and esp necros, idk what is...

Reflect doesn't work on dj? Use dodge is somehow not a valid suggestion?

The build has damage that you dodge once to break the entire build. Dodge that damage and win the fight. Or reflect it and win the fight.

It's actually NOT USEFUL at anything but trolling and losing games. Why should you not have to press your dodge button? Provide a valid reason.

Ill assume you havent thought about the math based on your response so let me put it into perspective.

DJ happens while in stealth. It does have an audio queue yes, and dodging is the only way to avoid it, however did you know that a DE can use DJ more times than you can dodge? Once they bait out your dodges then dodging becomes useless. If DJ wasn't unblockable (or hit as hard as it does) then it wouldn't be bad.

This comment is just based on your "just dodge" comment.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Crystal Paladin.3871 said:By frustrate, I meant the actual frustration.... No way to stay alive... Death in 2 secs... ;)

I didn't know you have to give up the ability to dodge, block and reflect to become a bunker.

Dodge is the only option... And for bunkers fighting and staying on points, it's always used up most of the time... Pressure from cqc guys hard to stay vigilant of health with a sudden 12k~20k drop in health, it's almost instant death... Running away is nearly impossible but only a pro can reset fight at that point... meanwhile, the thief who takes potshots necessarily need not be one to do that dmg.... U get my point??? That's why I mentioned it a frustration...

Anyway it's up to a person's mindset weather to really accept it or not... Or suggest more cliche responses like "use dodge" "run away" "block" "signet" that's beside the point I'm trying to make... If you feel that's not at all a frustration for warriors and guards and esp necros, idk what is...

Reflect doesn't work on dj? Use dodge is somehow not a valid suggestion?

The build has damage that you dodge once to break the entire build. Dodge that damage and win the fight. Or reflect it and win the fight.

It's actually NOT USEFUL at anything but trolling and losing games. Why should you not have to press your dodge button? Provide a valid reason.

Ill assume you havent thought about the math based on your response so let me put it into perspective.

DJ happens while in stealth. It does have an audio queue yes, and dodging is the only way to avoid it, however did you know that a DE can use DJ more times than you can dodge? Once they bait out your dodges then dodging becomes useless. If DJ wasn't unblockable (or hit as hard as it does) then it wouldn't be bad.

DJ is cast from stealth but it instantly reveals as soon as it’s activated with all the Tells being visible and audible....