Deadeye is broken OP

@Legatus.3608 said:

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

Core guardian can't really do anything against a competent deadeye. If the deadeye stays on no-ports, you can't really do anything other than disengage. The lack of viable ranged options really hurts guardians in this scenario, but counters are good for the game.

However, that being said. I don't think deadeye (rifle specifically) should ever be a viable build in PvP. The play style isn't good for the game, the damage it pumps out is unreal. It does suffer a lot from blocks and reflects though.

Duck Tier Guardian is right(for the first time), deadeye now seems a formidable thing to face against. Also most players are still not aware how dangerous it is if you let him/her freeshoot you. Seems so easy to play as well, just mark your enemy go in stealth, wait in stealth, wait and burst!

That isn't how malice works bro

who did talk about malice? Not me.Deadeye doesnt even need malice stacks now to ruin ppl's lives.

There is no version of deaths judgement that does 30k on its own without malice

Sorry bout that, I was assuming you knew that since you are complaining about it, my mistake

then again could you show me where did I mention about deaths judgement?If you think deadeye needs only 1 skill to burst you down, well my friend, goodluck on improving your new main.Clearly you like to assume things.

I'm having a hard time following you here. There is no class in GW2 that is incapable of killing someone in 2 seconds with a bursty build using a zerker amulet. When you come here to complain about deadeye "bursting you from stealth", my impression is that you're complaining about deaths judgement, because otherwise the stealth is completely irrelevant (ranger can burst from stealth, mesmer can burst from stealth, hell any class can if their buddies are stealthing them really).

What specifically is deadeye doing that other classes can't do that makes deadeye OP in your eyes?

They need to risk close to the target and cant stealth again.deadeye dont need to get close to the target, escape and stealth after attacking, repeat several times until the target dies that completely destroy the fun of others.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ZeteCommander.4937 said:

Core guardian can't really do anything against a competent deadeye. If the deadeye stays on no-ports, you can't really do anything other than disengage. The lack of viable ranged options really hurts guardians in this scenario, but counters are good for the game.

However, that being said. I don't think deadeye (rifle specifically) should ever be a viable build in PvP. The play style isn't good for the game, the damage it pumps out is unreal. It does suffer a lot from blocks and reflects though.

Duck Tier Guardian is right(for the first time), deadeye now seems a formidable thing to face against. Also most players are still not aware how dangerous it is if you let him/her freeshoot you. Seems so easy to play as well, just mark your enemy go in stealth, wait in stealth, wait and burst!

who did talk about malice? Not me.Deadeye doesnt even need malice stacks now to ruin ppl's lives.

Sorry bout that, I was assuming you knew that since you are complaining about it, my mistake

then again could you show me where did I mention about deaths judgement?If you think deadeye needs only 1 skill to burst you down, well my friend, goodluck on improving your new main.Clearly you like to assume things.

I'm having a hard time following you here. There is no class in GW2 that is incapable of killing someone in 2 seconds with a bursty build using a zerker amulet. When you come here to complain about deadeye "bursting you from stealth", my impression is that you're complaining about deaths judgement, because otherwise the stealth is completely irrelevant (ranger can burst from stealth, mesmer can burst from stealth, hell any class can if their buddies are stealthing them really).

What specifically is deadeye doing that other classes can't do that makes deadeye OP in your eyes?

They need to risk close to the target and cant stealth again.deadeye dont need to get close to the target, escape and stealth after attacking, repeat several times until the target dies that completely destroy the fun of others.

Ranger and mesmer can do this as well, and going from the comments here that deadeye "30k" instagib build gives up stealth to do so (so the escape + stealth part is not true at all), while having 11k hp (less than the other burst classes and realistically unplayable) and no defenses. Why is this OP and ranger/mesmer is not?

@Legatus.3608 said:

Ranger and mesmer can do this as well, and going from the comments here that deadeye "30k" instagib build gives up stealth to do so, while having 11k hp and no defenses. Why is this OP and ranger/mesmer is not?

Is it fun to avoid an invisible target for a few minutes? and this is not a FPS game. It should't end with one shot each other.

Oh I need popcorn for this.Best thread ever guys keep it up.

Oh..and here is some gasoline.

Thief's DJ is unblockable, You don't have the same limitations as far as cooldowns go for stealth like other classes,You can stealth twice as much as other classes, and you can do convenient damage from max range and the only thing that can counter you is ranger, (disclaimer to this because some people actually take this post seriously for what ever reason- I am aware that their are more counters to dead eye than ranger) if they see you before you stealth.Dodge rolling stealth's you.

have fun guys.

/popcorn

@Solori.6025 said:Dodge rolling stealth's you.

I've never been an advocate of Stealth on dodge. However, since it is now a thing, it should be universal across weapon sets. Dagger/Dagger needs it more than anything else.

Of course, I'm not a fan of any weapon-specific trait. Dagger Training should be renamed and give Poison to all (melee?) weapons. Ankle Shots should allow all (ranged?) weapons to Cripple. Swindler's Equilibrium should reset Steal for all weapons.

@ZeteCommander.4937 said:

Ranger and mesmer can do this as well, and going from the comments here that deadeye "30k" instagib build gives up stealth to do so, while having 11k hp and no defenses. Why is this OP and ranger/mesmer is not?

Is it fun to avoid an invisible target for a few minutes? and this is not a FPS game. It should't end with one shot each other.

I agree, but that's where anet has led us. Don't pin the meta on deadeye as if deadeye has any effect on it because I'm certain it still doesn't. This build is only good against necro and guardian and even then it still won't work against guardian if they know what they are doing.

@Solori.6025 said:Oh I need popcorn for this.Best thread ever guys keep it up.

Thief's DJ is unblockable, You don't have the same limitations as far as cooldowns go for stealth like other classes,You can stealth twice as much as other classes, and you can do convenient damage from max range and the only thing that can counter you is ranger, if they see you before you stealth.Dodge rolling stealth's you.

have fun guys.

/popcorn

So you're saying mesmer won't counter deadeye of any variety? Or daredevil?

The only place I could see deadeye being useful right now is in mid against guardians and scourges, but since this deadeye build will still get instantly killed by the aforementioned mesmer and/or ranger and/or opposing thief, why would anyone justify the slot to bring deadeye? In the end it's still a liability to the team.

Right now with this build you will instadie to mesmer, ranger, other thieves, engineers, and some guardians and warriors who know how to press their buttons.

Ele is possibly a win and necro is a guaranteed win most of the time.

Rev I'm not sure about.

So you lose against 6 classes and win against 2, with maybe the rev as potential third win.

So losing 66%+ of your fights and contributing nothing to the meta is op in your eyes?

@Legatus.3608 said:

Thief's DJ is unblockable, You don't have the same limitations as far as cooldowns go for stealth like other classes,You can stealth twice as much as other classes, and you can do convenient damage from max range and the only thing that can counter you is ranger, if they see you before you stealth.Dodge rolling stealth's you.

have fun guys.

/popcorn

Never said that in the post. . .Actually I didn't bring that up at all are you ok?The only place I could see deadeye being useful right now is in mid against guardians and scourges, but since this deadeye build will still get instantly killed by the aforementioned mesmer and/or ranger and/or opposing thief, why would anyone justify the slot to bring deadeye? In the end it's still a liability to the team.

I never brought up team comp either?

Right now with this build you will instadie to mesmer, ranger, other thieves, engineers, and some guardians and warriors who know how to press their buttons.

Oh I see..You're taking my ranger comment seriously.I'll add a /s though I thought the whole popcorn comment would have been sufficient enough to realize my post was for the LOL's my bad.

Why are we talking about ele now?

Rev I'm not sure about.

Lol kSo you lose against 6 classes and win against 2, with maybe the rev as potential third win.

So losing 66%+ of your fights and contributing nothing to the meta is op in your eyes?

Never said it was OP or UP..Did you read what you quoted?

Regardless of your reasons your text will be used by people who want deadeye to remain useless

Yeah but at least in wvw it is kinda broken. The rifle as it has it's counters and DJ can be dodged but you can do the kd and land a nice burst combo so it is fine and may be going as far as saying the dodge on stealth is "ok" but the 10% dmg buff per malice on back stab is just really stupid, with the nature of perma stealth the predictability kinda dosnt exist and there is not much you can do vs 20k+ back stab.

Dunno how well this favours in spvp though.

@Legatus.3608 said:

have fun guys.

/popcorn

Never said that in the post. . .Actually I didn't bring that up at all are you ok?The only place I could see deadeye being useful right now is in mid against guardians and scourges, but since this deadeye build will still get instantly killed by the aforementioned mesmer and/or ranger and/or opposing thief, why would anyone justify the slot to bring deadeye? In the end it's still a liability to the team.

Oh I see..You're taking my ranger comment seriously.I'll add a /s though I thought the whole popcorn comment would have been sufficient enough to realize my post was for the LOL's my bad.

Rev I'm not sure about.

Lol kSo you lose against 6 classes and win against 2, with maybe the rev as potential third win.

Regardless of your reasons your text will be used by people who want deadeye to remain useless

. . . I mean....did you....did you read the post?Also, most of what I wrote can be found on the wiki.If people want to complain about a class they will create every unrealistic scenario under the sun to showcase the class has some unmatched presence in that environment. Just the way forums ( especially gw2 forums) work. A good description of peoples logic on these forums is " Every class that kills me is OP. Every class my class kills is balanced."Take it in strides.Also don't get to worked up. Eventually every thing will be nerfed to make the new elite specs sellable.

oh, this is comedy gold ... so many noobs think DE is broken cuz they cant dodge once.. like literally, even if your claims of 30k dmg in 2 seconds is true you would avoid almost 75% of it just by one dodge, you cant be serious about DJ since it is fucking huge orange beam pointing at you + audio cue when it will shoot, so getting hit by it means you are blind and deaf and at that point, why are you even playing games ?

@Blackari.2051 said:oh, this is comedy gold ... so many noobs think DE is broken cuz they cant dodge once.. like literally, even if your claims of 30k dmg in 2 seconds is true you would avoid almost 75% of it just by one dodge, you cant be serious about DJ since it is kitten huge orange beam pointing at you + audio cue when it will shoot, so getting hit by it means you are blind and deaf and at that point, why are you even playing games ?

I'm waiting for the rest of the anti stealth crowd to show up. Then it will be a party.

popcorn?

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

have fun guys.

/popcorn

Rev I'm not sure about.

Yeah but at least in wvw it is kinda broken. The rifle as it has it's counters and DJ can be dodged but you can do the kd and land a nice burst combo so it is fine and may be going as far as saying the dodge on stealth is "ok" but the 10% dmg buff per malice on back stab is just really stupid, with the nature of perma stealth the predictability kinda dosnt exist and there is not much you can do vs 20k+ back stab.

Dunno how well this favours in spvp though.

Well ok so in wvw you can run around killing stuff with impunity as deadeye sure. Or at least downing ppl. You can only actually kill guys who are running around solo basically otherwise they just insta res

Thing is though, that won't matter. Wvw is about zerg vs zerg and deadeye brings nothing of value there either

What deadeye comes down to in any user vs user scenario is that basically deadeye is a troll spec that doesn't really do anything, even while people complain about it being op. Kinda sad

@Legatus.3608 said:You know what makes this REALLY OBVIOUS that this is a setup? The fact that you allowed yourself to be shot by three consecutive TRB's and then a deaths judgement with no action on your part at all. Not even ONE dodged or reflected shot with all that kitten on your bar? You might want to make it a little less obvious buddy

^I dont know what to tell you guys. Thieves are required to announce their presence with marks and then successfully hit you 7 times with something other than an auto to even prepare the hard hitting DJ. The voice queues tip off when malice is full, and DJ has a telegraph and a sound cue.

If your log shows that you got nailed multiple times by all the hits of TRB, you're not paying attention. The thief likely marked you before this so you should have been prepared to dodge from the get go.

Not only that, but three round burst requires the thief to be kneeling to even have access to the skill. So you have a stationary thief taking potshots at you from somewhere within 1500r, and you're not dodging any of it? not porting to the thief? not reflecting anything? There's a difference between a class that has a combat advantage vs an active player and a class that can quickly down a novice.

@"People"But invisibility

Deal with the stealth. Thief still has the lowest health pool and is allergic to stuns once shadowstep is on CD. There's three other classes that have reasonable stealth access, range, -AND- can ignore stuns.

@"Necros"Weh!

Sorry. Thieves hard counter you period. Gonna have to play reaper to have a shot and even then its an uphill battle, unless you're amazing at core. Wish they made your 3rd spec something more mobile and less toxic.

@Vieux P.1238 said:No he is not..& so is deadeye & jumping in out Condi SD thief. Neither are hilarious!

Aren't you a mesmer main?

@"Solori.6025" said:I'm waiting for the rest of the anti stealth crowd to show up. Then it will be a party.

popcorn?

@Legatus.3608 said:

have fun guys.

/popcorn

The only place I could see deadeye being useful right now is in mid against guardians and scourges, but since this deadeye build will still get instantly killed by the aforementioned mesmer and/or ranger and/or opposing thief, why would anyone justify the slot to bring deadeye? In the end it's still a liability to the team.

Rev I'm not sure about.

So you lose against 6 classes and win against 2, with maybe the rev as potential third win.

I agree with most of his statements coz, spvp mostly tries to put a thief in your team too if enemy has one.... So no point in debating against them, but as a single class which has high dmg output, max stealth/mobility , thieves can frustrate bunker and class that stay on single place(necros, guards, warriors,...)

@Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

have fun guys.

/popcorn

Rev I'm not sure about.

I agree with most of his statements coz, spvp mostly tries to put a thief in your team too if enemy has one.... So no point in debating against them, but as a single class which has high dmg output, max stealth/mobility , thieves can frustrate bunker and class that stay on single place(necros, guards, warriors,...)

seems like if they can frustrate a bunker...it's a good thing

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

have fun guys.

/popcorn

Rev I'm not sure about.

seems like if they can frustrate a bunker...it's a good thing

By frustrate, I meant the actual frustration.... No way to stay alive... Death in 2 secs... ;)

And it doesn't stop there.... The thief picks another target now.... Opposite team -1 bunker so they get cut like a hot knife through butter.... ;)

Btw, I'm not supporting nor belittling any class here...

@Airdive.2613 said:

@"Crystal Paladin.3871" said:By frustrate, I meant the actual frustration.... No way to stay alive... Death in 2 secs... ;)

I didn't know you have to give up the ability to dodge, block and reflect to become a bunker.

Dodge is the only option... And for bunkers fighting and staying on points, it's always used up most of the time... Pressure from cqc guys hard to stay vigilant of health with a sudden 12k~20k drop in health, it's almost instant death... Running away is nearly impossible but only a pro can reset fight at that point... meanwhile, the thief who takes potshots necessarily need not be one to do that dmg.... U get my point??? That's why I mentioned it a frustration...

Anyway it's up to a person's mindset weather to really accept it or not... Or suggest more cliche responses like "use dodge" "run away" "block" "signet" that's beside the point I'm trying to make... If you feel that's not at all a frustration for warriors and guards and esp necros, idk what is...