Which Legendary Figure is the best candidate for next Revenant Elite Specializations?

@Ephemiel.5694 said:

@otto.5684 said:If the next expansion is Jormag and shiver peaks, it will most certainly be Jora and weapon GS. People seem to want GS as well.

Next expansion has heavily been implied to be underwater against the Deep Sea Dragon, so maybe a Largos Legend.

Will see as we get closer. However, I am certain that underwater will continue being phased out of the game. Will still have some water masses, but we will never something akin to Stratis of Devastation (or bigger).

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@otto.5684 said:

@otto.5684 said:If the next expansion is Jormag and shiver peaks, it will most certainly be Jora and weapon GS. People seem to want GS as well.

Next expansion has heavily been implied to be underwater against the Deep Sea Dragon, so maybe a Largos Legend.

Will see as we get closer. However, I am certain that underwater will continue being phased out of the game. Will still have some water masses, but we will never something akin to Stratis of Devastation (or bigger).

Glad to know you're certain of that when they did an entire balance patch for underwater combat, teased the DSD in Path of Fire, wrote the story in a way that the only dragon awake right now is Kralkatorik AND the DSD and even allowed Necro golems to be used underwater [and specifically made them a shark rather than simply letting them swim].

@Ephemiel.5694 said:

Glad to know you're certain of that when they did an entire balance patch for underwater combat, teased the DSD in Path of Fire, wrote the story in a way that the only dragon awake right now is Kralkatorik AND the DSD and even allowed Necro golems to be used underwater [and specifically made them a shark rather than simply letting them swim].

There has not been a single map with underwater being anything but marginal after original game release. And that is primarily due to player feedback.

I am not saying that next expansion could not be focused on Steve bubbles. It most likely will not have underwater content more than HoT and PoF had.

Revenants use Legendary spirits from the past for their skills they could be good or bad legends in the game. Now what they have are similar to other professions in the game. Shiro similar to Thief, Mallyx similar to necro, Ventari similar to monk, Jalis Ironhammer similar to warrior, Kalla Scorchrazer similar to a low end Ritualist and the only legendary that is full gw2.

One of the best choices would be Gwen similar to a Mesmer that would add a nice new style to the revenant. Oh if you never played gw1 or even if you have I have never ever seen master togo use spirits at all so why would he as a legendary spirit.

@Ephemiel.5694 said:

I'm forgetting, what was the DSD tease?

Flesh Golem becoming a shark rather than keep the model and swimming is likely because that skeleton doesn't have a swimming animation, iirc.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

Flesh Golem becoming a shark rather than keep the model and swimming is likely because that skeleton doesn't have a swimming animation, iirc.

In PoF, when you're in Kesho, you're given a vision that explains why Glint's legacy exists. During the vision, we see a glimpse of an Elder Dragon that looks nothing like the ones we've seen so far, this includes Kralkatorrik at the end of main expansion story. The blue colors along with the slightly tentacle-y look of the dragon would fit the DSD [who is mentioned to created "tentacled horrors"] far more than any of the others.

If you're wondering about the colors, the cutscene in Omadd's machine that allows you to see The All has colors representing the Elder Dragons and their order of Awakening, the DSD is colored with Blue.

@Ephemiel.5694 said:

@"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:I'm forgetting, what was the DSD tease?

In PoF, when you're in Kesho, you're given a vision that explains why Glint's legacy exists. During the vision, we see a glimpse of an Elder Dragon that looks nothing like the ones we've seen so far, this includes Kralkatorrik at the end of main expansion story. The blue colors along with the slightly tentacle-y look of the dragon would fit the DSD [who is mentioned to created "tentacled horrors"] far more than any of the others.

Ooooh, I'd forgotten that! Thanks!

@Ephemiel.5694 said:

If you're wondering about the colors, the cutscene in Omadd's machine that allows you to see The All has colors representing the Elder Dragons and their order of Awakening, the DSD is colored with Blue.

Not saying you're wrong, and the color part matches up, but the image was so vague that you could push the idea of it being anything you wanted. I feel like people are putting too much stock into this idea. But the colors matching up with The All is solid at least.

And as much as I want spiritualist, I feel like that's partially what they were going for with Khala and then just changed their mind halfway or something. I guess it would be different if the spirits weren't stationary and the weapon choice would probably be scepter but none of the offhands really work with scepter. Staff would at least somewhat work well with it though.

Talon and Jora for potential greatswords seem pretty likely candidates.

But of the ones I've heard I think the idea of a Largos or Kunnavang legend appeal to me the most. Though we already have Glint, so having a another dragon legend doesn't seem that likely. And Abaddon doesn't seem like it would be that far from Malyx.

As much as I would love eles to get a Dervish themed spec, I think sacrificing legends and gaining Avatar legends as a dervish elite would be pretty fascinating.

The idea of eles having Dervish sounds interesting to me with each god empowering a certain element. - Balth for fire, Melandru for earth, Dwayna for air, Lyssa for arcane, and possibly Grenth for water. (Though I think that's Kormir's turf now isn't it? Or is it Lyssa's?)

There are so many good options, but sadly their primary choice of weapon is either not in the game, or is already used:Vizier Khilbron (Staff)Varesh Ossa (Scythe)Turai Ossa (Sword/Shield)Vizu (Already have an assassin-themed Legend)

And of course there is Livia, but for various lore reasons she's likely excluded.

Archived