July 10th Patch

HeadCrowned.6834

after using the ranger after patch:Anet still doesn't listen what the community (at least the one who plays with this class) says

I don't remember seeing any thread asking for buffs to Beastmastery. Instead bring the pet swap while merged and Shortbow to work more like the speargun (impacting foes around the target) and improve the dagger in all it's variants.That's something i'd like to see.

Buffs to warrior and mirage completely broke the class, spellbreaker now can block non-stop and still deal an absurd amount of damage. Mirage is just a meme at this point.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel this was more of a QoL adjustment to ranger. It's not been in a bad spot nor overpowered (from my personal experience with it.) Its benchmarks might be affected but who gives a shit. It's nice worldly impact will be a little more fluid and we got some damage buffs so no complaints there. I don't think the pet nerfs really matter that much. They really were not over preforming and I don't really see what nerfing the damage accomplishes as I use my pets like SS more for utility than damage anyways.

@Euthymias.7984 said:

I'm happy with the other stat increases, I guess - it might edge PvE Soulbeast further into the meta and make PvP's a bit more reliable. However, I'm kind of worried about Worldly Impact being even more nuts with its scaling and a slightly faster cast.

Heh, we are rooted while casting it, its not that nuts the way it was before these buffs.

True but they also didn't need it either. Especially Iboga.

It's not even a damage issue. Anet literally made the meme wombo build that people complain about even better. They just nerfed these two because they were that much better than other pets.

It's like killing cats because not enough people use pigs in pve.

Pets are such a hot mess that our statistically most powerful PvE pet is still one that came out 6 years ago with the vanilla game.

I guess I can understand some of these odder changes, and not all of them are all that bad. But the way they worded the whole thing with pets really put me off "A few ranger pets were continuing to over perform, so those have had their power knocked down." How can a few pets over preform compared to the others when there's so few used to begin with?

I don't even really know what I want to say, there's just something about this patch that pushed me the wrong way.

To make it short for the pvp folks here:Core Ranger: Gets a 5% dmg increase via farsighted but Smokey looses dmg.Power Soulbeast: Got buffed more Than core thx to beastmastery buffs, looses Smokey dmgBoonsoulbeast: SameSoulbeast with bm and ws, axe etc.: Gets buffed thx to bm traits buff

Balance, it felt super small and almost like there was no balance. I don't understand why they have left dagger the way it is and all the old pets are still extremely bad.The buff's we got are stupid, they made already strong builds even more strong. Which works for me, but now condition builds become even more worthless.

GG, power burst is all we got now.

@"Xenash.1245" said:I guess I can understand some of these odder changes, and not all of them are all that bad. But the way they worded the whole thing with pets really put me off "A few ranger pets were continuing to over perform, so those have had their power knocked down." How can a few pets over preform compared to the others when there's so few used to begin with?

Because it sounds way better than "almost all ranger pets were continuing to underperform"

One thing Warcraft caught onto early was that ALL classes had some use in instanced play. Where Guardians were actually guardians and clothies (read Mesmer) usually stood back rather than become the sole tanking class. in GW2, if you're a particular class, you're useless for the most part. I think the designers have lost their way... hoping they find it again.

The changes to Beastmastery are nice, but won't make Power Soulbeast compete with the best Power builds any time soon, we need changes to the Greatsword, the Sword, and the off-hand Axe, for that to happen, alongside improving the pet's skills while merged in Beastmode, too many of them are trash tier, then we might see this build become a thing in Raids/Fractals.

Otherwise I wholly agree with the feeling that nerfing the few good pets without buffing the countless useless ones is a huge mistake.

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

@Durzlla.6295 said:Idk why they seem to hate Iboga, i'm pretty sure it was more because they had to find SOMETHING on ranger to nerf.

Yeah odd, considering no one complains about smokescale.And they recently nerfed iboga.So wth?

People do complain about Smokescale, just not its damage but the random knockdowns. Aaaaand they DID NOT touch that.

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

@Durzlla.6295 said:Idk why they seem to hate Iboga, i'm pretty sure it was more because they had to find SOMETHING on ranger to nerf.

Yeah odd, considering no one complains about smokescale.And they recently nerfed iboga.So wth?

I always see complaints about smokescale, but it’s the knockdown not the damage, and tbh the knockdown is kinda stupid, it’s a 20s CD short cast time no tell 2s KD, on a pet that does good damage. Where compared to the canines which have their KD on a 30s CD and it has an obvious wind up animation, and the pet does little damage.

But hey, if they decide they wanted to nerf Smokescale damage down to a canines (or slightly higher) and just say “this is a CC pet with a little more damage” go for it.

But the poor Iboga only had damage going for it in group scenarios specifically, and was meh elsewhere.

@Yannir.4132 said:

@"Durzlla.6295" said:Idk why they seem to hate Iboga, i'm pretty sure it was more because they had to find SOMETHING on ranger to nerf.

People do complain about Smokescale, just not its damage but the random knockdowns. Aaaaand they DID NOT touch that.

I bet people think the canine knockdowns are "random" too :/

@Durzlla.6295 said:But the poor Iboga only had damage going for it in group scenarios specifically, and was meh elsewhere.

They probably did it because PvE. The old bugged version was in-line with pets such as Wyverns, Jacaranda, or Felines, and didn't need nearly every condition on a target to be good - it was just consistent.

Then, after the recent changes, it was pulling in better numbers than those pets, but only when a target had nearly every condition on top of PvE confusion procs for nearly double - but was inconsistent in damage.

Now, it seems the nerf requires the most optimal scenario for it to match other top tier DPS pets, while further knocking its effectiveness down in other modes. But the devs don't seem to care about that, right? No skill splits for pets yet.

The problem with this patch is not so much what they did, but the problem lies more in the fact how little they did. I mean seriously, we have to wait several months and then we only get some traps that work underwater and a stat change in Beastmastery basically. That is just ridiculous. This is the first time since launch that I consider to quit the game tbh. Also because those PvP updates (Swiss and such) are probably not even finished by 2021.

@jcbroe.4329 said:

@"Durzlla.6295" said:Idk why they seem to hate Iboga, i'm pretty sure it was more because they had to find SOMETHING on ranger to nerf.

They probably would if doggos were meta for PvP. :lol:

@jcbroe.4329 said:

The main difference is the Smokescale knockdown animation is a quick little butt hit, where the canine stands there hunched down as it calculates the trajectory it needs to leap and the meaning of its own exist nice before leaping at the enemy. So despite them having a very similar cast time, the doggos have a 1s wind up followed by the travel time of the actual leap making it much closer to a 1.5s cast, where of the Smokescale has a 3/4s cast where at the end of those 3/4s the target is knocked down.

Against people who are completely ignoring the pet (99% of players) it’s way easier to think the smoke scales is “random” now if they gave it the good ole warrior/NPc swirly “I’m gonna fuck up yourbday” animation on it I doubt anyone would be complaining about it because it’d be very obvious when they’re about to take a seat.

Archived