>25K from stealth in an instant and go back to stealth instantly.

anduriell.6280

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:What's broken is mentality of players that stand still at one place or run a straight line inviting a backstab.Then come to forum and complaint thief is broken.

Edit: Just look at OP. Standing at one place like saying i can't beat you, just do a massive backstab so i can make a post that thief class is broken.

When the deadeye can go in stealth indefinitely then there really is only so much predicting you can do, thief can be patient for a long time

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:What's broken is mentality of players that stand still at one place or run a straight line inviting a backstab.Then come to forum and complaint thief is broken.

Edit: Just look at OP. Standing at one place like saying i can't beat you, just do a massive backstab so i can make a post that thief class is broken.

When the deadeye can go in stealth indefinitely then there really is only so much predicting you can do, thief can be patient for a long time

True. However i notice many Malicious Backstab miss because target is constantly moving.Some would argue to use Malicious Backstab with Shadow Shot but lag or whatever reason this is not 100% working for me.

@urdriel.8496 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:They should either remove stealth altogether, or rework it from its very core. Every class with access to stealth has a huge advantage.

huge advantage in what? 1vsX fights? i didnt know the game was about that.

Warriors don't have access to stealth and they're still arguably the easiest
and
most effective to play 1v1. The meta roaming builds for War/SB practically play the game for you. No stealth.

Does the warr do a 15k+ hit from stealth, and restealthes? If so, I would like which skill that is, so I can use it, thanks

He can break your head with 15k+ eviscerate while being invulnerable to damage and condis for 10secs , in fact any good warrior will wipe the floor with a DE thief.

DE thief is really funny for trolling people from walls, any tree, any rock, any little ramp will obstruct his shots.

I thought this was the wvw forum, no?

He can break your head with 15k+ eviscerate while being invulnerable to damage and condis for 10secs , in fact any good warrior will wipe the floor with a DE thief.

*Any half-decent DE will never get killed by a warrior since they can stealth to range and reset the fight indefinitely. No good thief should ever die to a warrior, even if they can't kill them.

fify

@urdriel.8496 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:They should either remove stealth altogether, or rework it from its very core. Every class with access to stealth has a huge advantage.

and
most effective to play 1v1. The meta roaming builds for War/SB practically play the game for you. No stealth.

Does the warr do a 15k+ hit from stealth, and restealthes? If so, I would like which skill that is, so I can use it, thanks

DE thief is really funny for trolling people from walls, any tree, any rock, any little ramp will obstruct his shots.

sry, let me change it.

I mean no disrespect, and by no means claim i am a know-it-all. But eviscerate doesnt come from stealth, has a tell, can be dodged or blocked. You CANNOT see an attack INCOMING from stealth, you can either luckily dodge it-pip invulns or MAYBE hear the attack? In my humble opinion, this is hardly the same. Or even comparable.

@BlueMelody.6398 said:

and

*Any half-decent DE will never get killed by a warrior since they can stealth to range and reset the fight indefinitely. No good thief should ever die to a warrior, even if they can't kill them.

fify

EXACTLY. I have played as warr or SB against DE. You rarely, if ever, win. And thats because of a major DE screwup. Otherwise, DE just resets fight over and over

@BlueMelody.6398 said:

and

fify

rush is autotargeted it will follow you even if you stealth , shield block trait could kill the DE or at least will make him to stop attacking with no DJ attacks , Spellbreaker have a ton of gap closers , antidamage skills and is virtually immune to ccs, plus usually you use marauder in WvW so they have 26k hp.

Stealth is OP in this game?? yes, does it need a balance? yes, but as ranger main i would prefer to fight against DeadEyes, and i have a DE too , but only for trolling in Rankeds....

@urdriel.8496 said:

and

fify

rush is autotargeted it will follow you even if you stealth , shield block trait could kill the DE or at least will make him to stop attacking with no DJ attacks , Spellbreaker have a ton of gap closers , antidamage skills and is virtually immune to ccs, plus usually you use marauder in WvW so they have 26k hp.

I don't know what game you're playing, but if I hit Rush on a targeted thief and he stealths before I arrive, nothing happens and zero damage. It does NOT follow a stealthed player, it loses target instantly.

I don't know where you get "tons of gap closers" from, you have the aforementioned rush, and...what, gs3 kind of, which is short range. You also have sword 2 and bull's charge (both target-based as well), which are NOT optimized for most builds and I don't use them at all. So unless I change my build 100% to counter thieves and only thieves, I have zero chance of killing a thief that doesn't totally screw up. I maintain my contention.

Theres no point on complain about it guys, Anet is clueless on how to make this work on a balanced way...yesterday fought one DE on a camp...is just one of the most frustrating experiences that the game can offer, as a Guardian, I have literal zero counterplay against him, so what do I do when I see a DE? Nothing, just ignore him and keep going on my way...who would though that a long range profession that can spam stealth in a even more braindead way then smoke field+leap(that needs some kind of work, and offer some kind of counter play to the player, DE cant have that kind of thing) have tons of mobility and do massive damage would be a problem.

@BlueMelody.6398 said:

and

fify

I don't know what game you're playing, but if I hit Rush on a targeted thief and he stealths before I arrive, nothing happens and zero damage. It does NOT follow a stealthed player, it loses target instantly.

I don't know where you get "tons of gap closers" from, you have the aforementioned rush, and...what, gs3 kind of, which is short range. You also have sword 2 and bull's charge (both target-based as well), which are NOT optimized for most builds and I don't use them at all. So unless I change my build 100% to counter thieves and only thieves, I have zero chance of killing a thief that doesn't totally screw up. I maintain my contention.

Clearly you're not playing gw2 then. Downes many thievs with rush I to stealth, and as for gap closers vs thief you got rush bulls charge whirling attack dagger #2 f1

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

and

fify

Clearly you're not playing gw2 then. Downes many thievs with rush I to stealth, and as for gap closers vs thief you got rush bulls charge whirling attack dagger #2 f1

You don't get to count skills/weapons that aren't really useful in a general wvw build. Daggers/swords/bulls rush are not things I would use except to specifically counter a thief, and I'm not changing my build for that. If the only argument you can make about "high mobility" is to build for that and not much else, then the argument holds.

I am playing gw2, and I have never tagged a thief with rush who stealthed after I started my rush. Never.

@BlueMelody.6398 said:

and

fify

You don't get to count skills/weapons that aren't really useful in a general wvw build. Daggers/swords/bulls rush are not things I would use
except
to specifically counter a thief, and I'm not changing my build for that. If the only argument you can make about "high mobility" is to build for that and not much else, then the argument holds.

I am playing gw2, and I have
never
tagged a thief with rush who stealthed after I started my rush. Never.

You do know that skills don’t show in combat log or floating numbers when you hit someone in stealth right? So you wouldn’t even know if it hits

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

and

fify

You don't get to count skills/weapons that aren't really useful in a general wvw build. Daggers/swords/bulls rush are not things I would use
except
to specifically counter a thief, and I'm not changing my build for that. If the only argument you can make about "high mobility" is to build for that and not much else, then the argument holds.

never

You do know that skills don’t show in combat log or floating numbers when you hit someone in stealth right? So you wouldn’t even know if it hits

If you have no way of knowing whether you hit and the next time you see the thief he's 5000 units away or backstabbing you out of stealth from somewhere else, then it makes zero difference. You're actually helping my argument.

@BlueMelody.6398 said:

and

fify

except

never

If you have no way of knowing whether you hit and the next time you see the thief he's 5000 units away or backstabbing you out of stealth from somewhere else, then it makes zero difference. You're actually helping my argument.

No that’s not helping your argument, you can still hit them and it highlights the fact that you don’t know for a fact that you never hit them with those skills and if you had better in game knowledge you would know to follow up cc abilities like that with AAs since those will chain if you are hitting them or not, it’s pretty simple and if he is instantly attacking you or over 5000 units away(which no one Thief skill puts them that far away and requires large initiative investment and the use of multiple CDs to achieve, that means they wasted a stun break and/or tons of initiative and CDs...

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

and

fify

except

never

No that’s not helping your argument, you can still hit them and it highlights the fact that you don’t know for a fact that you never hit them with those skills and if you had better in game knowledge you would know to follow up cc abilities like that with AAs since those will chain if you are hitting them or not, it’s pretty simple and if he is instantly attacking you or over 5000 units away(which no one Thief skill puts them that far away and requires large initiative investment and the use of multiple CDs to achieve, that means they wasted a stun break and/or tons of initiative and CDs...

could use shadow trap for 5k range but well also no normal thief build uses it :)

@MUDse.7623 said:

and

fify

except

never

could use shadow trap for 5k range but well also no normal thief build uses it :)

And it’s cast time, and lack of reliability are the big downsides.

@MUDse.7623 Seriously are you still defending that build? Don't you feel embarrassed or anything? Hey, when i play braindead scourge i don't go defending that build because i know is just almost the worst this game has to offer...

Anet should do something about stealth in game, it is ridiculous, but we know they won't because apparently this game is only PvE. PvP modes are there just a decoration same functionality as guild halls. I don't get the ESL idea when we still have this kind of issues from the very beginning.

PvP modes were supposed to be the end game content but ended up as parody with the help of performers like our DE. And how much i would love that not to be the case... But well....

@anduriell.6280 said:@MUDse.7623 Seriously are you still defending that build? Don't you feel embarrassed or anything? Hey, when i play braindead scourge i don't go defending that build because i know is just almost the worst this game has to offer...

Anet should do something about stealth in game, it is ridiculous, but we know they won't because apparently this game is only PvE. PvP modes are there just a decoration same functionality as guild halls. I don't get the ESL idea when we still have this kind of issues from the very beginning.

PvP modes were supposed to be the end game content but ended up as parody with the help of performers like our DE. And how much i would love that not to be the case... But well....

defending it? i am not defending the build i am defending stealth as the last option to fight numbers of not just noobs.i mostly just point out strengths and weaknesses or what you can do against the build. and said why you shouldnt expect changes to it, cause the biggest strengths of a deadeye is simply not relevant: not losing fights. winning fights is relevant, not losing them is unimportant for the mode. many demanded changes also would require a complete rework of the class, wich is pretty risky. might be that you dont like what the class ends up then. but i personally dont really care what happens to that build, i just dont want you guys to demand changes to the game based on emotion, rather then actual game design, that will allways end badly and aside from that i want people to understand the build so they might actually try fighting it.i started now playing more ranger then deadeye because people fight back and dont just simply give up, only cause they never took the time to understand the class. stealthy thieves of any kind havent been a problem for me on ranger, yet i can do less against dodge/mobility spamm. a rework away from stealth for thief would have a big chance to go towards more mobility/evade, so you can see em then but not touch them, i prefer not to see them and still kill em. so its just i prefer thieves being able to play stealthy as i have usually an easier time against it, feels easier to me.for me it would be better anet would do something about balancing encounters, so i dont have to fight vs 5+ people or should get an advantage to make it realistically winnable that would help me alot more then doing something about stealth, because if i can realistically fight outnumbered, not just against noobs, then i can play anyclass. but right now getting outnumbered, not losing qualities often outweight the winning qualitites as you dont need as much of them to kill noobs. nerfing stealth will just well take the last good option to fight outnumbered and emphasize stacking numbers to win even more. that would probably be a reason for me to leave the game, as there is nothing good about stack numbers to win. i mean excessive stealth for 1 vs 1 is stupid, but then just dont duel a deadeye. in roaming you mostly are outnumbered or are outnumbering, those numbers are way more important in those fights than the fact that one is in stealth most of the fight.

Archived