Can we please get a fix for Meteor Shower today? 17/07

Lonecap.4105

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Israel.7056 said:Yo the issue isn't one weaver can we just be real for once please?

No there is always going to be more than 1 Weaver, but a timed CoR or Phase Smash on a group will also down multiple people in one go its really just positioning yourself or not wasting your dodges so when you see that coming you can dodge. MS is bugged and we all know that, but it's a total overreaction to it really, I've yet to be downed by MS itself only died due to some bad play by myself

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

@Israel.7056 said:Yo the issue isn't one weaver can we just be real for once please?

No there is always going to be more than 1 Weaver, but a timed CoR or Phase Smash on a group will also down multiple people in one go its really just positioning yourself or not wasting your dodges so when you see that coming you can dodge. MS is bugged and we all know that, but it's a total overreaction to it really, I've yet to be downed by MS itself only died due to some bad play by myself

Maybe multiple revs on soft targets yeah but these meteors are Insta dropping entire frontline groups in seconds with even one or two eles and if it's ten eles god help you. It's just too much.

@Israel.7056 said:

Maybe multiple revs on soft targets yeah but these meteors are Insta dropping entire frontline groups in seconds with even one or two eles and if it's ten eles god help you. It's just too much.

MS damage is happening before the circle and animation.

@"Mini Crinny.6190" said:There probably compiling a load of other bugs to fix aswell as MS, even so I've been doing WvW and yet to die from MS.. its mostly bad positioning from myself that ends up with me being dead.. defo and overreaction from alot of people who can't or forgot how to pirate ship

It's not an overreaction at all. Can it be avoided? Yes, MOST of the time it can. There are, however, places and situations that are unavoidable. In these instances you are eating 14K-22K damage at least once, and that's just from one player. I agree there are other "one-shot" skills/combos, but they don't cover such an enormous area.

I get it, you enjoy dropping bodies, but wowzer no one can credibly argue that what MS is doing right now is okay.

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:I can't fully enjoy WvW like this, it really sucks. I have to burn all my dodges on MS and pop CDs when I normally wouldn't have to. Please don't make us wait any longer for this, it's really quite bad.

It is named Meteor Shower, not fluffy bunnies raining from the sky to tickle your noses. It should force you to move promptly out of it.

@Brother.1504 said:

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:I can't fully enjoy WvW like this, it really sucks. I have to burn all my dodges on MS and pop CDs when I normally wouldn't have to. Please don't make us wait any longer for this, it's really quite bad.

It is named Meteor Shower, not fluffy bunnies raining from the sky to tickle your noses. It should force you to move promptly out of it.

How do you move out of something that instantly full kills Frontline builds before the ring shows up?

@Egorum.9506 said:

How do you move out of something that instantly full kills Frontline builds before the ring shows up?

I wvw too friend. Don’t exaggerate. Yes it hits hard but instantly full kills just isn’t true. Mmo 101. Don’t stand in fire. Especially fire raining down from the sky.

@Brother.1504 said:

@"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:I can't fully enjoy WvW like this, it really sucks. I have to burn all my dodges on MS and pop CDs when I normally wouldn't have to. Please don't make us wait any longer for this, it's really quite bad.

I wvw too friend. Don’t exaggerate. Yes it hits hard but instantly full kills just isn’t true. Mmo 101. Don’t stand in fire. Especially fire raining down from the sky.

@Egorum.9506 said:

You predict it the same way eles have to predict your movement to place MS. Kappa

@Egorum.9506 said:

@"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:I can't fully enjoy WvW like this, it really sucks. I have to burn all my dodges on MS and pop CDs when I normally wouldn't have to. Please don't make us wait any longer for this, it's really quite bad.

Seen these two videos before, cant really say that because MS bugged thats why he died on t he first vid hes dead even if MS wasnt there.. Second vid just shows him all alone inside the circle.. MS hits 3 per target so that is literally his fault anyway, yes with the 2nd vid he probably would of stayed alive but /shrug it is what it is

@steki.1478 said:

You predict it the same way eles have to predict your movement to place MS. Kappa

Oh right, don't be within 1200 range of an ele. Or 2100 range with lightning flash. Don't stand within 1200 range of a cliff, or anywhere that's out of sight either I suppose, since they can walk out, MS, walk back out of los.

Hey quick question, what's your recommendation for handling a flank group of 4 weavers and a scrapper that keeps them stealthed until they all MS? Every time you see a stealth gyro know that your group of 50 is going to get dropped?

@Egorum.9506 said:

Hey quick question, what's your recommendation for handling a flank group of 4 weavers and a scrapper that keeps them stealthed until they all MS? Every time you see a stealth gyro know that your group of 50 is going to get dropped?

That's easy, just engage on them. Eles cant cast MS while under pressure. Or yell at your eles for not wiping enemy zerg.

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

Seen these two videos before, cant really say that because MS bugged thats why he died on t he first vid hes dead even if MS wasnt there.. Second vid just shows him all alone inside the circle.. MS hits 3 per target so that is literally his fault anyway, yes with the 2nd vid he probably would of stayed alive but /shrug it is what it is

Do you see any other damage near me? I'm not in a bomb, the bomb was off to my side, I got one shot by meteors that werent even aimed at me with no time to react.

Second video I get dropped as soon as the ring went up. You can't even see meteors on the screen because they get culled as soon as there's 20+ people. 3k armor and protection, one shot.

@steki.1478 said:

That's easy, just engage on them. Eles cant cast MS while under pressure. Or yell at your eles for not wiping enemy zerg.

Engage away man! mistform, downstate 2, twist of fate, or lightning flash just gets them back into the fbs where they are instantly ressed. You push, they MS on feet. Have you tried walking into ms?

Bait the MS and then push you say? Everyone is running 20+ weavers, there's no point to running anything other than that or support. 24s CD. You'll always be pushing into a couple MS, which means your Frontline gets dropped instantly.

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:Seems like an overreaction to me. Staff Eles are for breakfast

@"Mini Crinny.6190" said:There probably compiling a load of other bugs to fix aswell as MS, even so I've been doing WvW and yet to die from MS.. its mostly bad positioning from myself that ends up with me being dead.. defo and overreaction from alot of people who can't or forgot how to pirate ship

Here come the Anet defense force. No, it isn't an overreaction. It's a 1200 range skill which crits for 10-20k per hit. You have to spam dodge to get out, or use CDs if you got no dodges. It's extremely high pressure atm and it's broken.

You know what? Have fun not playing WvW. I'll enjoy it without you, because it hardly makes a difference to me. Yes, I've been hit and essentially one shot by Meteor Shower several times already, but the next time I just continued running. A single mobility skill or roll is enough to leave the circle and considering that in bigger fights you will always move a lot anyway this hardly matters.

These people won't even get their 3 second cast time off.

Get off your horse. I can "manage" the current state of MS but that's no reason for negligence.

Idk, if many other people seem to manage while being aware of this existing why can't you? Is it really a high horse to expect people to just accept the things how they are for the time being? It doesn't take much.

I think it's fair to express frustration over the negative impact of a mistake, and the developers delay in rectifying that mistake.

I get it, WvW is a hot steaming mess, but as the OP says, just because the game mode already has flaws doesn't mean the devs can be so cavalier in addressing an obvious and admitted error.

Let me also add that while not a game dev myself, I do recognize that you sometimes can't just issue a 'patch' to fix a mistake. Having said that, I've observed a pattern that when they do release a patch, they actually issue 2-4 patches afterwards, usually within the first 24-48 hours, so we know it's possible for them to do it.

This also shines a light on the complaint I've seen repeatedly about ANET not testing their patches. Seems to me that this is an easy error to spot since it's not intermittent, and doesn't require special circumstances to trigger. If you intend to increase the damage of an ability by 'x', wouldn't you at least head to a Golem and test it out to make sure that 'x' is in fact the amount the damage increased?

Archived