Can we please get a fix for Meteor Shower today? 17/07

Lonecap.4105

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@RedShark.9548 said:

@"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:Haha, all it takes is 1 or 2 gank classes to get behind them and take out the eles. I managed to kill down and kill quite a few last night from gandara and bb zerg on my zerker warrior lol.

It doesn't even take that. For an ele to put out huge damage they have to be pure glass. meaning they have ~11k-13k health. MS can be easily interupted as well. If people would think outside the box for 2 seconds, they realize that maybe rangers are not so useless anymore, as 1 ranger can 1-shot an ele with 1 rapid fire. And not to mention a hammer rev, which can drop a bunch of eles from range at the same time with 1-2 CoRs.

Does it need to be fixed? of course, but its not the earth shattering situation all these drama queens are spouting though. There are soooo many counters to this: kill the ele with range classes/ interupt them. keep them moving. have stealth classes pick them off. etc. Now if the Ele had superior defense while cranking out this kind of damage, like the original scourge, that would be a whole different story.

People just do not like change and do not like to adapt to anything anymore.

yea go around them to kill them from stealth when they are inside their tower and you opened the wall/gate, go try to cap a lordroom while ele's are casting into you, you cant pick them off all, also, you dont need full zerker to dish out big numbers, with full marauder you have around 16k hp, which is quite enough to bomb tanky stuff away very quickly while being able to stay alive

im not sure how the kitten you all play wvw, but in EU there are blobs moving around, sticky to their commander, eles inside of that blob wont get sniped by your little ranger or thiefes

it just not realistic to say "hurr durr you can just dodge all meteors" no you just cant, sometimes you get hit by the very first one that takes most of your hp without even an animation being there

and killing them also wont happen (not all of them) when there is a constant rain of meteors coming down on you on 1200 range

ppl that are trying to defend that absurd dmg are either weaver players themselfes or have never played in a zerg for longer than 5min (never tried to take objectives with enemies in there that tried to stop you from taking it with about the same numbers)

You don't even need to kill them all, just force them to move or cancel MS. It's even easier as a port ganker because 9/10 eles will use ms then lighting flash back while still casting. I do hope that they don't turn down this dmg too far because for once after a long time gank grps are now useful again.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:Haha, all it takes is 1 or 2 gank classes to get behind them and take out the eles. I managed to kill down and kill quite a few last night from gandara and bb zerg on my zerker warrior lol.

It doesn't even take that. For an ele to put out huge damage they have to be pure glass. meaning they have ~11k-13k health. MS can be easily interupted as well. If people would think outside the box for 2 seconds, they realize that maybe rangers are not so useless anymore, as 1 ranger can 1-shot an ele with 1 rapid fire. And not to mention a hammer rev, which can drop a bunch of eles from range at the same time with 1-2 CoRs.

Does it need to be fixed? of course, but its not the earth shattering situation all these drama queens are spouting though. There are soooo many counters to this: kill the ele with range classes/ interupt them. keep them moving. have stealth classes pick them off. etc. Now if the Ele had superior defense while cranking out this kind of damage, like the original scourge, that would be a whole different story.

yea go around them to kill them from stealth when they are inside their tower and you opened the wall/gate, go try to cap a lordroom while ele's are casting into you, you cant pick them off all, also, you dont need full zerker to dish out big numbers, with full marauder you have around 16k hp, which is quite enough to bomb tanky stuff away very quickly while being able to stay alive

im not sure how the kitten you all play wvw, but in EU there are blobs moving around, sticky to their commander, eles inside of that blob wont get sniped by your little ranger or thiefes

it just not realistic to say "hurr durr you can just dodge all meteors" no you just cant, sometimes you get hit by the very first one that takes most of your hp without even an animation being there

and killing them also wont happen (not all of them) when there is a constant rain of meteors coming down on you on 1200 range

ppl that are trying to defend that absurd dmg are either weaver players themselfes or have never played in a zerg for longer than 5min (never tried to take objectives with enemies in there that tried to stop you from taking it with about the same numbers)

You don't even need to kill them all, just force them to move or cancel MS. It's even easier as a port ganker because 9/10 eles will use ms then lighting flash back while still casting. I do hope that they don't turn down this dmg too far because for once after a long time gank grps are now useful again.

you didnt even read what i wrote, did you? try doing that in objectives, you will either die while trying to get your ganking buddies inside or you will be torn to shreds by the whole enemy zerg while your own zerg cant get through that choke because there are stilk 10-20 eles rotating their meteors in said choke

@RedShark.9548 said:

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:Haha, all it takes is 1 or 2 gank classes to get behind them and take out the eles. I managed to kill down and kill quite a few last night from gandara and bb zerg on my zerker warrior lol.

you didnt even read what i wrote, did you? try doing that in objectives, you will either die while trying to get your ganking buddies inside or you will be torn to shreds by the whole enemy zerg while your own zerg cant get through that choke because there are stilk 10-20 eles rotating their meteors in said choke

I did read it all but I ignored it because I assumed you also have a bunch of eles on your side. There is always a way to force into a lordroom even with "10/20" eles. I have even seen a portal bomb of 6 people or so just as a distraction while the main zerg went through veils.

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:Seems like an overreaction to me. Staff Eles are for breakfast

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:There probably compiling a load of other bugs to fix aswell as MS, even so I've been doing WvW and yet to die from MS.. its mostly bad positioning from myself that ends up with me being dead.. defo and overreaction from alot of people who can't or forgot how to pirate ship

Here come the Anet defense force. No, it isn't an overreaction. It's a 1200 range skill which crits for 10-20k per hit. You have to spam dodge to get out, or use CDs if you got no dodges. It's extremely high pressure atm and it's broken.

Not really anet defense force, I just know what im doing while in zerg fights,

I can "manage" the current state of MS but that's no reason for negligence.

If you can manage it then you won't have a problem waiting for anet to fix it, the way you are going about it kinda says you are dying alot because you can't play wvw zerg fights :^)

I can play in WvW zerg fights. You know how they go? Meteo in 3... 2 ... 1 HAHAHA We won and they're running.

In half these "fights" plyers are dropping out of combat because of the range zergs are pirateshpping at.

Obviously dodging and counterplay still exist; but that doesn't mean this is enjoyable. 5k hour staff weaver main; I've had more fun actually using my skills than dropping meteor on a group and watching them literally disengage because they lose several players.

@Israel.7056 said:

@Israel.7056 said:Yo the issue isn't one weaver can we just be real for once please?

No there is always going to be more than 1 Weaver, but a timed CoR or Phase Smash on a group will also down multiple people in one go its really just positioning yourself or not wasting your dodges so when you see that coming you can dodge. MS is bugged and we all know that, but it's a total overreaction to it really, I've yet to be downed by MS itself only died due to some bad play by myself

Maybe multiple revs on soft targets yeah but these meteors are Insta dropping entire frontline groups in seconds with even one or two eles and if it's ten eles god help you. It's just too much.

If its 10 eles you... pirateship 1.4k range until you can kill half of them. Which is the reality in high-level fights nowadays and why this needs to be fixed.

WSR has 10+ eles in this vid and considerably more than us. At the end of the day, weaver gets one shot more easily than most classes. Counterpressure does exist.

I do agree that well... it's obnoxious, boring for both weaver and other classes and needs a fix ASAP.

A lot of tears in this thread tho. Omagod finally no FB + scourge meta - it was already weaver DPS meta last patch.Omagod players going full weaver groups?! full weaver is godawful.Omagod more weavers win !!!! no they don't.Omagod nothing I can do, 0 counterplay!!! Yeah that's a lie too.

But despite all that; it's still broken and needs to be fixed. ASAP. Because it's really not healthy, nor fun.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

I did read it all but I ignored it because I assumed you also have a bunch of eles on your side. There is always a way to force into a lordroom even with "10/20" eles. I have even seen a portal bomb of 6 people or so just as a distraction while the main zerg went through veils.

that might work once, if the enemy isnt completely kitteneven with eles on your side, the side tryong to get through a choke will always have it harder, because the enemy can plaster your whole walkway in aoes, and when some of them crit for 10k+ on frontline, than your push will come to a halt...enemy eles cast in your walkway and move back a bit, your eles will habe to step into that dmg to get in range for their meteors.

@RedShark.9548 said:

@"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:Haha, all it takes is 1 or 2 gank classes to get behind them and take out the eles. I managed to kill down and kill quite a few last night from gandara and bb zerg on my zerker warrior lol.

This. They can call us drama queens and shit but it won't change the fact that those counters are only possible when certain conditions are met. Not sure what server they even fight on to be so unrealistic about this. "think outside the box" lmao as if

ArenaNet has already mentioned they're going to be doing something about Meteor Shower's damage a few days ago before you made your post.https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/47642/meteor-wars/p3

(The statement from the thread)

@Karl McLain.5604 said:I can confirm that the initial damage impact is currently too high and we'll be looking to bring it back down to normal levels when possible.

@Etheri.5406 said:

A lot of tears in this thread tho. Omagod finally no FB + scourge meta - it was already weaver DPS meta last patch.Omagod players going full weaver groups?! full weaver is godawful.Omagod more weavers win !!!! no they don't.Omagod nothing I can do, 0 counterplay!!! Yeah that's a lie too.

But despite all that; it's still broken and needs to be fixed. ASAP. Because it's really not healthy, nor fun.

I think that's a bit disingenuous. If MS was hitting for the correct amount of damage decided by the ANET balance team, I don't think anyone would be complaining about how many Eles were in any given squad. Just as before, nobody cared that there were 10 scourges in a squad, it was the obscene impact of having that many blobs all going off at the same time, something which was addressed in the recent patch.

@"Tragulon.4258" said:ArenaNet has already mentioned they're going to be doing something about Meteor Shower's damage a few days ago before you made your post.https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/47642/meteor-wars/p3

@Karl McLain.5604 said:I can confirm that the initial damage impact is currently too high and we'll be looking to bring it back down to normal levels when possible.

Yes, a skill that had a lower value set 20% too high was adjusted to make it's higher value set 20% too high. No big deal, not like it's a massive AoE that brings whole fights to a screeching halt or anything... They'll get around to it when they get around to it.

@oOStaticOo.9467 said:For once I am happy to see something beside Scourge Wars 2. So sick of this current Meta. If you aren't a Spellbreaker, Firebrand, or Scourge you are worthless junk and kicked from groups. Not to say that Revenants don't hold a few spots, but they aren't as prevalent as the other three when it comes to Zergs. Thief, Mesmer, Ranger, or Engineer............good luck roaming. Very rarely saw any Elementalists . Now it's nice to see the current Meta having to backpedal and cry that their Scourge Zergs are dying.

^this. Eles have been basically nerfed out of WVW and it's Scourges everywhere. Whether intentional or not, the MS change has made things a lot more interesting and shaken up the meta. I atually don't have a problem with the damage - it's a long, slow channelled cast that is very telegraphed and requires 100% glass stats to be effective, if you stand in the fire for 3sec you probably deserve to die anyway. A!ll the really big hits 12K+ are on downed targets only - you always have plenty of time to get out of the ring.

Hey quick question, what's your recommendation for handling a flank group of 4 weavers and a scrapper that keeps them stealthed until they all MS? Every time you see a stealth gyro know that your group of 50 is going to get dropped?

How is it any different to doing it with 4 scourges? the PBAOE bomb is way quicker.

I think anyone who says the MS bug is ok (Which it is a bug..they've admitted that...so they should fix it. Or else its not a bug, its a feature.) should also petition for them to bring back the old mesmer falling damage trait bug ! The ele skill is bugged and broken. They've said they'd fix it and they're being remarkably slow about it (lets be honest, if it as a gem store item that was bugged it would've been done day of). Buffing ele's is good, it changes things up. But Anet should actually fix bugs that impact WvW at the same level of priority as their PvE content. This just continues to show WvW players that anet really could not care less about them.

@"Tragulon.4258" said:ArenaNet has already mentioned they're going to be doing something about Meteor Shower's damage a few days ago before you made your post.https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/47642/meteor-wars/p3

Yes and it should have been hotfixed within a day. But its WvW so it doesn't matter.

Get ready to never see ele's after the MS nerf, just bc they have nothing else going for them since their healing isn't as good as FB or Engi or Druid, their DPS won't be as high as revenant or Thief or SoulBeast and their sustain is... is well just interrupt them. ez pz

@Chasind.3128 said:Get ready to never see ele's after the MS nerf, just bc they have nothing else going for them since their healing isn't as good as FB or Engi or Druid, their DPS won't be as high as revenant or Thief or SoulBeast and their sustain is... is well just interrupt them. ez pz

MELEE META BACK, LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Well lets be honest, its not like eles dont have option to go heal tempest, it still provides superspeed, immobs, passive condi pressure, auras and healing/sec. It is completely different beast than firebrand but people always compare just flat values.

Also meteor will still do sick damage, you just need to coordinate with other ranged, like before PoF, it won't b just solo weavering around anymore.

I wont miss the meta where revs and eles just went full dps and never coordinated with anyone cuz they could kill people alone. Ranged tags back!!!

Archived