Can we please get a fix for Meteor Shower today? 17/07

Lonecap.4105

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Egorum.9506 said:

Hey quick question, what's your recommendation for handling a flank group of 4 weavers and a scrapper that keeps them stealthed until they all MS? Every time you see a stealth gyro know that your group of 50 is going to get dropped?

That's easy, just engage on them. Eles cant cast MS while under pressure. Or yell at your eles for not wiping enemy zerg.

Engage away man! mistform, downstate 2, twist of fate, or lightning flash just gets them back into the fbs where they are instantly ressed. You push, they MS on feet. Have you tried walking into ms?

Bait the MS and then push you say? Everyone is running 20+ weavers, there's no point to running anything other than that or support. 24s CD. You'll always be pushing into a couple MS, which means your Frontline gets dropped instantly.

Kill them from stealth then? Eles die faster than other classes.

@steki.1478 said:

Hey quick question, what's your recommendation for handling a flank group of 4 weavers and a scrapper that keeps them stealthed until they all MS? Every time you see a stealth gyro know that your group of 50 is going to get dropped?

That's easy, just engage on them. Eles cant cast MS while under pressure. Or yell at your eles for not wiping enemy zerg.

Engage away man! mistform, downstate 2, twist of fate, or lightning flash just gets them back into the fbs where they are instantly ressed. You push, they MS on feet. Have you tried walking into ms?

Bait the MS and then push you say? Everyone is running 20+ weavers, there's no point to running anything other than that or support. 24s CD. You'll always be pushing into a couple MS, which means your Frontline gets dropped instantly.

Right, that's why you target eles first in groupfights, how could I forget. They don't have access to more invulns, blocks, and invulns than any other class. Silly me, guess we'll run a squad of 20 deadeyes to fight this with, sure hope they don't have a downstate ability that makes them invulnerable and able to move to their ressers!

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:Seems like an overreaction to me. Staff Eles are for breakfast

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:There probably compiling a load of other bugs to fix aswell as MS, even so I've been doing WvW and yet to die from MS.. its mostly bad positioning from myself that ends up with me being dead.. defo and overreaction from alot of people who can't or forgot how to pirate ship

Here come the Anet defense force. No, it isn't an overreaction. It's a 1200 range skill which crits for 10-20k per hit. You have to spam dodge to get out, or use CDs if you got no dodges. It's extremely high pressure atm and it's broken.

Not really anet defense force, I just know what im doing while in zerg fights,

If you can manage it then you won't have a problem waiting for anet to fix it, the way you are going about it kinda says you are dying alot because you can't play wvw zerg fights :^)

No, I'm not dying a lot. But it is forcing me to use dodges and cooldowns whereas otherwise, it wouldn't be needed. So you see that while I'm managing, it IS affecting the way I play and how others play, because right now the skill is extremely overtuned, people are building essentially full-Weaver squads.

Full weaver squads. Come on guys. I know it’s the internet but exaggerate more why don’t you. I don’t main weaver but if they are put back in the meta with a heavy handed buff to a pretty fun skill so be it. Meteor Shower is hitting harder certainly but it’s not the one shot everything skill that people are whining about.

I just got super good at predicting and dodging them and no longer die unless im fully cc'd in the middle of it.Sure its lame and incredibly disrupting but its happening and we can either deal with it or not, no sense getting mad.Things happen, hopefully anet will learn something and not make the same mistake again in future.

@Brother.1504 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:Seems like an overreaction to me. Staff Eles are for breakfast

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:There probably compiling a load of other bugs to fix aswell as MS, even so I've been doing WvW and yet to die from MS.. its mostly bad positioning from myself that ends up with me being dead.. defo and overreaction from alot of people who can't or forgot how to pirate ship

Here come the Anet defense force. No, it isn't an overreaction. It's a 1200 range skill which crits for 10-20k per hit. You have to spam dodge to get out, or use CDs if you got no dodges. It's extremely high pressure atm and it's broken.

Not really anet defense force, I just know what im doing while in zerg fights,

If you can manage it then you won't have a problem waiting for anet to fix it, the way you are going about it kinda says you are dying alot because you can't play wvw zerg fights :^)

No, I'm not dying a lot. But it is forcing me to use dodges and cooldowns whereas otherwise, it wouldn't be needed. So you see that while I'm managing, it IS affecting the way I play and how others play, because right now the skill is extremely overtuned, people are building essentially full-Weaver squads.

Full weaver squads. Come on guys. I know it’s the internet but exaggerate more why don’t you. I don’t main weaver but if they are put back in the meta with a heavy handed buff to a pretty fun skill so be it. Meteor Shower is hitting harder certainly but it’s not the one shot everything skill that people are whining about.

People have been hit for 23K with 1 meteor let alone more, that is a one shot to many classes.

@Egorum.9506 said:

Right, that's why you target eles first in groupfights, how could I forget. They don't have access to more invulns, blocks, and invulns than any other class. Silly me, guess we'll run a squad of 20 deadeyes to fight this with, sure hope they don't have a downstate ability that makes them invulnerable and able to move to their ressers!

What invuln besides mist form (that is on a 60sec CD) do Eles that are running staff have? And they have access to 1 block, on a 40sec CD. And any competent player can CC a downed Ele so they can't vapor form away.

To help educate you,"The non-downed state counterpart of this skill is Mist Form.A key difference is that Vapor Form does not prevent control effects."

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:

What invuln besides mist form (that is on a 60sec CD) do Eles that are running staff have? And they have access to 1 block, on a 40sec CD. And any competent player can CC a downed Ele so they can't vapor form away.

To help educate you,"The non-downed state counterpart of this skill is Mist Form.A key difference is that Vapor Form does not prevent control effects."you're right, staff only runs mist form. if they're arcane, they get 3 free blocks. and a teleport, and two evades, and two dodges with high vigor uptime. not that it matters because they only need to use one skill to drop 10 people every 24s. which means they have a never ending supply of ways to MS, run, MS, run, MS, run. in exotic gear i did 250k with one MS on friday, i've never even played ele. how tf is that acceptable?

let me educate you real quick, since they changed invulns to stop conditions as well you can vapor form away even if you're immobilized.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:Honestly the best way to address the issue is to stop participating. ANET tracks population and participation - it won't go unnoticed. Soon all you'll have is squads of Eles running around killing NPCs to keep their participation up.

And then you got players like me rolling medi burst guards and thief/mes to instantly 1 hit all those elementalists...

I haven't seen so many zerker eles since line casting was a thing like 5 years ago but I feel like a pro at the moment, dive bomb the zerg with Eles and watch 4 people go down, maybe 1 fully dies.... it's been fun.

@Egorum.9506 said:

To help educate you,"The non-downed state counterpart of this skill is Mist Form.A key difference is that Vapor Form does not prevent control effects."you're right, staff only runs mist form. if they're arcane, they get 3 free blocks. and a teleport, and two evades, and two dodges with high vigor uptime. not that it matters because they only need to use one skill to drop 10 people every 24s. which means they have a never ending supply of ways to MS, run, MS, run, MS, run. in exotic gear i did 250k with one MS on friday, i've never even played ele. how tf is that acceptable?

let me educate you real quick, since they changed invulns to stop conditions as well you can vapor form away even if you're immobilized.

Maybe you should play Ele then, because you cannot vapor form away if you're immobilized. So maybe you should educate yourself before trying to educate others.

Straight from the patch notes: "Invulnerability effects will now stop conditions from applying damage." Key word there, damaging conditions.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:Haha, all it takes is 1 or 2 gank classes to get behind them and take out the eles. I managed to kill down and kill quite a few last night from gandara and bb zerg on my zerker warrior lol.

It doesn't even take that. For an ele to put out huge damage they have to be pure glass. meaning they have ~11k-13k health. MS can be easily interupted as well. If people would think outside the box for 2 seconds, they realize that maybe rangers are not so useless anymore, as 1 ranger can 1-shot an ele with 1 rapid fire. And not to mention a hammer rev, which can drop a bunch of eles from range at the same time with 1-2 CoRs.

Does it need to be fixed? of course, but its not the earth shattering situation all these drama queens are spouting though. There are soooo many counters to this: kill the ele with range classes/ interupt them. keep them moving. have stealth classes pick them off. etc. Now if the Ele had superior defense while cranking out this kind of damage, like the original scourge, that would be a whole different story.

People just do not like change and do not like to adapt to anything anymore.

@mulzi.8273 said:

@"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:Haha, all it takes is 1 or 2 gank classes to get behind them and take out the eles. I managed to kill down and kill quite a few last night from gandara and bb zerg on my zerker warrior lol.

It doesn't even take that. For an ele to put out huge damage they have to be pure glass. meaning they have ~11k-13k health. MS can be easily interupted as well. If people would think outside the box for 2 seconds, they realize that maybe rangers are not so useless anymore, as 1 ranger can 1-shot an ele with 1 rapid fire. And not to mention a hammer rev, which can drop a bunch of eles from range at the same time with 1-2 CoRs.

Does it need to be fixed? of course, but its not the earth shattering situation all these drama queens are spouting though. There are soooo many counters to this: kill the ele with range classes/ interupt them. keep them moving. have stealth classes pick them off. etc. Now if the Ele had superior defense while cranking out this kind of damage, like the original scourge, that would be a whole different story.

People just do not like change and do not like to adapt to anything anymore.

yea go around them to kill them from stealth when they are inside their tower and you opened the wall/gate, go try to cap a lordroom while ele's are casting into you, you cant pick them off all, also, you dont need full zerker to dish out big numbers, with full marauder you have around 16k hp, which is quite enough to bomb tanky stuff away very quickly while being able to stay alive

im not sure how the kitten you all play wvw, but in EU there are blobs moving around, sticky to their commander, eles inside of that blob wont get sniped by your little ranger or thiefes

it just not realistic to say "hurr durr you can just dodge all meteors" no you just cant, sometimes you get hit by the very first one that takes most of your hp without even an animation being there

and killing them also wont happen (not all of them) when there is a constant rain of meteors coming down on you on 1200 range

ppl that are trying to defend that absurd dmg are either weaver players themselfes or have never played in a zerg for longer than 5min (never tried to take objectives with enemies in there that tried to stop you from taking it with about the same numbers)

Archived