Thf Vault

@Hiki.9310 said:

@rigour.8749 said:Not to mention if he fails that attack he is extremely vulnerable as he is also glass with minimal escape potential.

The teleporting stealth class that can spam evades through weapon skills is vulnerable with minimal escape potential?

What Stealth? You mean from the Shadow Trap that is on cooldown? Oh yeah, I forgot, Thieves can equip 10 utilities (8 regular, 2 elite of course) and trait into all 6 traitlines at once. Its so OP that they can do that...

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Turk.5460 said:

@rigour.8749 said:Not to mention if he fails that attack he is extremely vulnerable as he is also glass with minimal escape potential.

The teleporting stealth class that can spam evades through weapon skills is vulnerable with minimal escape potential?

What Stealth? You mean from the Shadow Trap that is on cooldown? Oh yeah, I forgot, Thieves can equip 10 utilities (8 regular, 2 elite of course) and trait into all 6 traitlines at once. Its so OP that they can do that...

No you just do what literally every thief does and have shortbow as your off weapon with blinding powder, signet, and shadow step for utilities. That's 2 stunbreaks, 2 teleports, a endurance refill, and stealth, all on the same package.

@Crinn.7864 said:

No you just do what literally every thief does and have shortbow as your off weapon with blinding powder, signet, and shadow step for utilities. That's 2 stunbreaks, 2 teleports, a endurance refill, and stealth, all on the same package.

Except the Thief in question was using Shadow Trap, Signet of Shadows (no endurance refill), and most likely Shadowstep as the third. Both Signet of Shadows and Shadow Trap were already used, as well as 2 Vaults which would be 100% of his initiative which means no Shortbow escape. Unless you mean he had 5 regular utilities equipped and 4 traitlines (to include Trickery)? In which my sarcasm from my previous post still stands...

@Kawloon Fuathach.3807 said:

so theres an exploit for a thf so that they can move faster then the game can register them?

No... That's not what I was saying at all. I'm saying it was desync, not an exploit.

It is one of the reason game cant go for ESL theres to much desync and skills that sometimes u dont see half of the skill animation.

Anet prefers to bloat the game with aoe/cleave spam.

TDLR: <3@netcode.

@Turk.5460 said:

Except the Thief in question was using Shadow Trap, Signet of
Shadows
(no endurance refill), and most likely Shadowstep as the third. Both Signet of Shadows and Shadow Trap were already used, as well as 2 Vaults which would be 100% of his initiative which means no Shortbow escape. Unless you mean he had 5 regular utilities equipped and 4 traitlines (to include Trickery)? In which my sarcasm from my previous post still stands...

This.

That's an actual oneshot build. if he misses hes free.

Make no mistake, thief is annoying, but it's a far cry from immortal.

Looking at the video, something doesn't add up regarding the time interval within the thief's shadow return utilized and receiving the vulnerability, popping the shadow signet, and receiving the vault damage. Unless there's a way to shadowstep, pop signet, and vault at the simultaneously. This kind of setup normally gives about 1-2 seconds to react after you see yourself inflicted with vulnerability and the vault got reworked to where the user is locked into the animation.

@Hyraltia.4185 said:

@DragonFury.6243 said:the pvp in getting more and more brainless one shot festaless fun and no chance to fight back at all

I mean LITERALLY THE POST RIGHT BEFORE YOURS he explained multiple ways to avoid it, I don't know how you can not see that

I feel like you're missing his entire point or the point everyone is making against 1 shot clown kitten, so I'll throw a brief explanation in.

When a game has one shot builds it leads to 2 types of players, those that abuse the cheese and those that despise it because it is just that, cheese.

There's actually a third type of player, the player that knows how to avoid the single 20k hit with the knowledge that avoiding it is an auto win

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@Legatus.3608 said:There's actually a third type of player, the player that knows how to avoid the single 20k hit with the knowledge that avoiding it is an auto win

That went over my head until now.

If it's a oneshot build why aren't you dodging the one shot?

Cuz I want to win pvp but I can't be bothered to DON'TWANTTOPRESSMUHBUTTONS

Plz just nerf thief instead so I can win without having to actually look at my screen. Pc monitors are expensive and I shouldn't have to pay 2 win by buying a monitor and keyboard, ffs

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@Legatus.3608 said:There's actually a third type of player, the player that knows how to avoid the single 20k hit with the knowledge that avoiding it is an auto win

From the looks of it it was mostly a sync fluke which made it appear the vault hit a split second after shadow pursuit was used but as that's impossible in normal circumstances. The shadow trap gives about 1-10 seconds ( all depending on setup) to prepare yourself* including both a sound and 2 visual cues (if deadly trapper is traited) to tell you you're marked for dead.

@cyberzombie.7348 said:

From the looks of it it was mostly a sync fluke which made it appear the vault hit a split second after shadow pursuit was used but as that's impossible in normal circumstances. The shadow trap gives about 1-10 seconds ( all depending on setup) to prepare yourself* including both a sound and 2 visual cues (if deadly trapper is traited) to tell you you're marked for dead.

But there in lies the problem, the sync issues in the game. Dodging something isn't always as simple as a learn to play issue when you know how to play and what to dodge but you don't see anything until it has happened already.

@"Sampson.2403" said:Can someone explain how to avoid the one shot thief vault build? Like against a power mesmer one shot once you know what to look for dodging is easy.

You randomly dodge and hope you get lucky.

I'm not joking.

This isn't something new,

ArenaNet actually tried to get rid of the build back in 2016 by trying to prevent the use of teleports while vaulting, except they didn't do it right and you can still use steal while vaulting.

@Hyraltia.4185 said:

But there in lies the problem, the sync issues in the game. Dodging something isn't always as simple as a learn to play issue when you know how to play and what to dodge but you don't see anything until it has happened already.

Sadly, there are too many variables with internet providers, client-server locations/distance to completely fix such issue. Though most if not all online multiplayer games have this problem with varying consistency.

@Odik.4587 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:Its actually a good video and question for anet ... WHY THE F00K attacks from stealth doesnt reveal asap and they have for some reason solid second or even sometimes few being completely invisible and untargetable

It's like we stated above, pure latency issues, no way to solve the problem other than when the input for an action is pressed, check for stealth, if returned value is 1, unstealth, otherwise do nothing. Even this isn't fool proof and has issues of its own. There in lies the issue with one shot builds and why they are bad for the health of pvp. Like Crinn said, you dodge and hope for the best, simply no other answer as long as latency is a factor. This or mash aoe around yourself and cross your fingers.

@Hyraltia.4185 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:Its actually a good video and question for anet ... WHY THE F00K attacks from stealth doesnt reveal asap and they have for some reason solid second or even sometimes few being completely invisible and untargetable

It's like we stated above, pure latency issues, no way to solve the problem other than when the input for an action is pressed, check for stealth, if returned value is 1, unstealth, otherwise do nothing. Even this isn't fool proof and has issues of its own. There in lies the issue with one shot builds and why they are bad for the health of pvp. Like Crinn said, you dodge and hope for the best, simply no other answer as long as latency is a factor. This or mash aoe around yourself and cross your fingers.

And u know , after that for said 2 seconds they were untargetable , 1second later they can go stealth again and you cant do much about it xDI have around 50-60 ping and ppl dont render after they attack me from stealth ,kinda frustrating

@Odik.4587 said:

A lot of it stems from the fact that some skills apply their effects immediately and some wait until the end of the cast time.

Just for those curious, this is the build I was running in the instance the OPs video takes place

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoaWn8lCdOhNOB+NBkmiFaCTLA8EmNzVwN4IcLPNcCBA-jJhIQBC8UAoj9HAwTAwIlBAA

Usually I'm running straight Berserker's, but I decided to try out Valk's and see how I liked it. Less damage, but more survivability.And yeah, I'll admit it's basically Power Cheese, or rather it's also been called a Meme build, but I have fun with it. o/

@Odik.4587 said:

And u know , after that for said 2 seconds they were untargetable , 1second later they can go stealth again and you cant do much about it xDI have around 50-60 ping and ppl dont render after they attack me from stealth ,kinda frustrating

The rendering issue can also be a hardware GPU/CPU issue, I had it happening on any player attacking from stealth or players using Teleports/Leaps where the player was showing where they cast the skill and not rendering where they actually were(this happened with Guardian Sw2, Warrior GS leap, Ranger GS leap, Pistol Whip into steal etc.) after I upgraded my comp I no longer have the issue and I average 100-140 ping.

They did fix a lot of the server side de sync issues when Deadeyes would stealth then Teleport and then attack and not move so their de synced model did not update.

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

The rendering issue can also be a hardware GPU/CPU issue, I had it happening on any player attacking from stealth or players using Teleports/Leaps where the player was showing where they cast the skill and not rendering where they actually were(this happened with Guardian Sw2, Warrior GS leap, Ranger GS leap, Pistol Whip into steal etc.) after I upgraded my comp I no longer have the issue and I average 100-140 ping.

Im not playing from potato (also you mention teleport thing , its clearly gw2 problem (player lag who appear in wrong place but actually in different,they tend to lag so that happen, lagging ppl tend to cause this) , not users PC , its used to happen alot before some patches and now I see it soooooooooooooooo rare, otherwise how you explain that everyone seeing downed guy in 1 place and couldnt res/stomp everyone not just 1 person? )

@Odik.4587 said:

Im not playing from potato (also you mention teleport thing , its clearly gw2 problem (player lag who appear in wrong place but actually in different,they tend to lag so that happen, lagging ppl tend to cause this) , not users PC , its used to happen alot before some patches and now I see it soooooooooooooooo rare, otherwise how you explain that everyone seeing downed guy in 1 place and couldnt res/stomp everyone not just 1 person? )

Idk why the downed state de-sync keeps coming back that one is always present, I just haven’t seen the Teleport/leap/stealth de-syncs since upgrading my computer, so I know sometimes it’s can be a user’s hardware issue. But yeah it can be a server side problem as well, which is based on history can be very likely.

@"Kawloon Fuathach.3807" said:Just for those curious, this is the build I was running in the instance the OPs video takes place

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoaWn8lCdOhNOB+NBkmiFaCTLA8EmNzVwN4IcLPNcCBA-jJhIQBC8UAoj9HAwTAwIlBAA

Usually I'm running straight Berserker's, but I decided to try out Valk's and see how I liked it. Less damage, but more survivability.And yeah, I'll admit it's basically Power Cheese, or rather it's also been called a Meme build, but I have fun with it. o/

Maybe Rune of the Daredevil would make it synch more with Valkyrie since all you really want is to land Vault. Maybe even Sigil of Intelligence?Dodge -> Vault -> get all the Power and Ferocity from Amulet to hit.

@Sampson.2403 said:Can someone explain how to avoid the one shot thief vault build? Like against a power mesmer one shot once you know what to look for dodging is easy.

Watch out for sudden, black gas visuals near the surface (happened in the video). The gas = trap activated. DANGER /!\ Thief has teleported to you and is a second away from one-shotting you! /!\

It's easy to know what to do.