Harvesting Tools

Having both older permanent mining and logging tools on my main, I was considering buying him a permanent harvesting tool too. Is there any that does not shoot a missile into outer space, have it travel around the sun, negotiate a working visa contract with the ant-robot-mutant-chimera-king of Tau Ceti and bring back some of his finest worker daffodil-civet-hybrids to work on the node I selected? All I see are packages of all three types.

I use the Consortium Sickle, which I like because it's quick to harvest (you just swing it instead of bending down) and because the animation is minimal - it's just a small vine and water animation on top of the node - like the middle of the Ranger's Healing Spring. But unfortunately that's one of the ones which is currently unavailable.

@Hesacon.8735 said:I know you can transmute skins on tools, but I'm not sure if the basic tools count. If not, that seems like a quick feature to add.

They do. You can transmute the basic tool animation onto any of the gemstore tools. (And then if you want it's original animation you can transmute it again.)

That might be the best option for the OP - buy another infinite tool (maybe one that comes with a glyph) and then transmute it to hide the animation.

The basic but unlimited set is a pretty good deal. I didn't do the math on how often you would have to use it to reach a spot where you actually saved money compared to buying the limited ones in-game, but I like the comfort more so I don't care. Someone who cares might post numbers. If you're going for a specific tool, because you're only missing one for plants for example, I'd say wait for one that you either like the animation or one where you'd like to use the glyph. Or of course buy a set, move the additional harvesting tools to an alt and park it at a good spot to gather materials.

@"lokh.2695" said:The basic but unlimited set is a pretty good deal. I didn't do the math on how often you would have to use it to reach a spot where you actually saved money compared to buying the limited ones in-game, but I like the comfort more so I don't care. Someone who cares might post numbers. If you're going for a specific tool, because you're only missing one for plants for example, I'd say wait for one that you either like the animation or one where you'd like to use the glyph. Or of course buy a set, move the additional harvesting tools to an alt and park it at a good spot to gather materials.

I am aware of this - this is really a luxury "problem", I am considering outfitting all characters with unlimited tools eventually and will buy the packages, I just want to fill that one leftover spot :) I don't care a lot about the money/efficiency, just the convenience. I am usually more on the side of min/max than casual, but at some point... I mean, you have to calculate by years...

@Algreg.3629 said:

@"lokh.2695" said:The basic but unlimited set is a pretty good deal. I didn't do the math on how often you would have to use it to reach a spot where you actually saved money compared to buying the limited ones in-game, but I like the comfort more so I don't care. Someone who cares might post numbers. If you're going for a specific tool, because you're only missing one for plants for example, I'd say wait for one that you either like the animation or one where you'd like to use the glyph. Or of course buy a set, move the additional harvesting tools to an alt and park it at a good spot to gather materials.

I am aware of this - this is really a luxury "problem", I am considering outfitting all characters with unlimited tools eventually and will buy the packages, I just want to fill that one leftover spot :) I don't care a lot about the money/efficiency, just the convenience. I am usually more on the side of min/max than casual, but at some point... I mean, you have to calculate by years...

I see it as "it saves me time buying new tools" more than "it saves me in-game currency". The Lucky Harvesting tool offers probably the most useful glyph, but YMMV.

@lokh.2695 said:

@lokh.2695 said:The basic but unlimited set is a pretty good deal. I didn't do the math on how often you would have to use it to reach a spot where you actually saved money compared to buying the limited ones in-game, but I like the comfort more so I don't care. Someone who cares might post numbers. If you're going for a specific tool, because you're only missing one for plants for example, I'd say wait for one that you either like the animation or one where you'd like to use the glyph. Or of course buy a set, move the additional harvesting tools to an alt and park it at a good spot to gather materials.

I see it as "it saves me time buying new tools" more than "it saves me in-game currency". The
Harvesting tool offers probably the most useful glyph, but YMMV.

thanks for the hint - I decided on that one now. It is comparatively fast and as a dog lover, I guess I can live with that particular type of silly :)

@lokh.2695 said:

@lokh.2695 said:The basic but unlimited set is a pretty good deal. I didn't do the math on how often you would have to use it to reach a spot where you actually saved money compared to buying the limited ones in-game, but I like the comfort more so I don't care. Someone who cares might post numbers. If you're going for a specific tool, because you're only missing one for plants for example, I'd say wait for one that you either like the animation or one where you'd like to use the glyph. Or of course buy a set, move the additional harvesting tools to an alt and park it at a good spot to gather materials.

I see it as "it saves me time buying new tools" more than "it saves me in-game currency". The
Harvesting tool offers probably the most useful glyph, but YMMV.

Yeah I have the same. I actually do more gathering now I have the unbreakable tools cause I know I don't have to worry about them running out or keeping spares in my inventory all the time. I only play one character mostly but if I were to dust one of the others off, that might be something I'd get them right away.

Archived