So what do you think Slyvari taste like?

Magek.4718

Grass is not the issue, though. Annual plants tend to be pretty soft. Sylvari have to be more durable than that, or else they couldn't live as long as they do.So, it'd be rather like chewing on bark, I suppose. Good luck with that...

On that note: Why did the sylvari PCs save the stag in the personal story, again? :lol: Deer should be their mortal enemies.

@"Fenella.2634" said:Grass is not the issue, though. Annual plants tend to be pretty soft. Sylvari have to be more durable than that, or else they couldn't live as long as they do.So, it'd be rather like chewing on bark, I suppose. Good luck with that...

On that note: Why did the sylvari PCs save the stag in the personal story, again? :lol: Deer should be their mortal enemies.

You're constantly treating sylvari like normal plants, while forgetting that they're almost constantly all channeling plant magic. The Mordrem Guards and mordrem are bark covered, but the sylvari's "skin" are mostly leaves.

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:You're constantly treating sylvari like normal plantsThat is true. I know it's not accurate, but for the sake of the question in this thread, I thought it might be best to simplify it a little. At least I have no clue how Ley Line magic factors into edibility and taste, so I tend to stick to real life similarities I can find.

Also, I'm not talking about the skin being bark specifically. The entire "plant" has to have some kind of stabilizing element if it wants to survive more than a season. True, that can possibly be done magically in Tyria, why not. Normal plants would have to use cork or wood, though.

Considering sylvari are born from pods, they are probably most comparable to pomegranate seeds or peas in a pod. We know from the one personal story that while twins are possible, they are very rare, so I'm going to say that most sylvari taste like peas.

For the record, I hate peas.

@Rognik.2579 said:Considering sylvari are born from pods, they are probably most comparable to pomegranate seeds or peas in a pod.If they were seeds, then Ronan had actually kidnapped a sylvari from that well-protected cave and planted her at the Tarnished Coast?Not impossible, but pretty dark... :lol: (I'm going to adopt this as my new headcanon. XD)

Actually, I think that thanks to @Rognik.2579's input I might be able to answer the initial question:

If sylvari are single seeds within pod-fruits, that means the Pale Tree most likely produces stone fruits. So they would be similar to the seeds of peaches, cherries etc.This means they'd taste like bitter almond - to those who can smell / taste cyanide. The pods themselves might be edible, but the sylvari being their seeds would be pretty toxic.

• 1 month later...

@Fenella.2634 said:Actually, I think that thanks to @Rognik.2579's input I might be able to answer the initial question:

If sylvari are single seeds within pod-fruits, that means the Pale Tree most likely produces stone fruits. So they would be similar to the seeds of peaches, cherries etc.This means they'd taste like bitter almond - to those who can smell / taste cyanide. The pods themselves might be edible, but the sylvari being their seeds would be pretty toxic.

That's very interesting.

So they actually are not edible, because they're poisonous to us. And given their size, it would be a fatal amount of poison.

• 2 weeks later...

They look like plants but on the inside their tissues might be completely different...they have a nervous system after all.I guess bit would be a weird mix of thr taste of plants and meat.You can also go ahead and say that they are just regular plants animated by magic.Im not sure if there is a canon answer.

@"Magek.4718" said:The other day I was thinking "Man, you could eat just about any plant as long as it's not poisonous"

So then it hit me. You could probably eat Sylvari. Do you think anyone has ever eaten Sylvari and what do you think they taste like?

I'd like to think they taste like chicken salad. :3

Archived