Very, VERY new and have all sorts of questions...

LykelRae.4627

Hello everyone! I'm going to apologize ahead of time if this rants, becomes lengthy, and for my overall noobishness.

I've only been playing for a little under two months and every time I research more into something, it's a never-ending spiderweb of information. Honestly, it's quite overwhelming.

Firstly, I wanted a Griffon mount and found out that costs ~250g to obtain. Yikes! I have only about 60 gold from selling off anything I come across so I looked into making gold. People recommend fractals, BUT WAIT, you need Ascended armor for that! And away to crafting I go! By the end of it all I had more confusion than when I started and a headache to boot.

So questions:

• Would I just work my way from the bottom up with crafting, and if so, where do I start? Is it costly?
  • Is Ascended amour costly to craft?
  • If the answers to the first two points are 'yes', how do I go about making the necessary gold to achieve this?

It seems that there is no "quick fix" for this which I guess is a gift and a curse for the game, but being a full-time-working adult with the add-ons that come with it, it doesn't seem like I'll be achieving these goals anytime soon. So if anyone has any recommendations/advice/well-wishes it would all be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your time in reading this! <3

Part of the issue is you are trying to jump in to too much too soon. Ascended is needed for mid-higher end fractals. The vast majority of players will happily sit around in exotic (or less) tier. Start slowly on your crafting, rank it up and don't worry about the overall costs. You can do tier1 with exotic and most of tier2 with ascended jewellery which is not crafted, but acquired from drops or various diff currency vendors (living story maps, fractals, guild halls, laurel vendors)

The griffon is a long term investment. It requires full completion of the PoF story and then varuious map events/quests/collections. You don't need 250g up front, each gold required section is 25g, so you can build up in stages.

Try not to worry about overall costs or focusing on one source of income like fractals. The game has a wide open field you can earn money from at different speeds. Ascended, griffon and other things are meant to be long term goals. Play the game at your speed and leisure, dip into fractals maybe or maps like the Silverwastes if you have discovered that one yet, do your dailies, sell all non essential mats and eventually you will get there.

You could also do riba farm in silverwastes or palawadan farm in istan for some gold, though riba is more effective a farm if you have a level 30-60 toon to open the bags on. Also the griffon is 10 instalments of 25g so you can take them slow.

As for your questions1a yes1b checkout crafting guides online like http://gw2crafts.net if you have guild boosters, they'll make it faster. Also crafting gives you exp to level, you can level crafting on an alt to give it a level boost.1c, somewhat, about 40+ gold depending on the profession.

1. Yes, and time gated.
  2. Palawadan or silverwastes farming would be the most efficient. You can also get ascended armor boxes from certain achievements: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_chest

@LykelRae.4627 said:

@"Sephylon.4938" said:
  1. Yes, and time gated.

What does "time gated" mean?

And thanks to you both for your comments so far

Time gated means that the item can only be crafted so much within a certain time period, i.e. once a day . Meaning a full set of ascended would take a longer period of time to complete if you don't have the money to buy the ascended crafting materials from the TP.

@LykelRae.4627 said:Firstly, I wanted a Griffon mount and found out that costs ~250g to obtain. Yikes! I have only about 60 gold from selling off anything I come across so I looked into making gold.

It doesn't cost 250g. It costs ten times 25g. Yes, ten times 25 is 250, but what I mean is that you can spend those individual packets of 25g as you have the gold (one per vendor from ten vendors if memory serves) rather than having to spend the whole lot all in one go.

There's also a fairly involved (not hugely hard) scavenger hunt that will send you round all the base Path of Fire maps (not Istan, Sandswept, and Kourna). And most of all, you must first finish the Path of Fire story on a character.

In general, I would suggest not rushing things. For sure, if you want to, get a character up to 80 and unlock the Raptor to help your characters (all of them except the ones still in the starter instance) move around the world, but aside from that, take your time and enjoy the ride.

@"LykelRae.4627" said:Hello, and welcome to the game

• Would I just work my way from the bottom up with crafting, and if so, where do I start? Is it costly?

The crafting discipline is depend on your class, light, medium or heavy armor class? Choose the discipline carefully vecause for a newbie, leveling up crafting discipline is very expensive. Which class are you the most confident with and want to bring that class to Fractal. Stick with that class to Tier 4 Fractal, Gearing up that chosen class with full ascended armors, weapons and Agony resistant. Its a long journey and costly. Check out snowcrows.com for the most efficient builds for each class, its role and how does that class fit to different bosses. Follow the build, cause You would hate that after spending so much time and golds to gear up a class which turn out is not optimal.

Start to pick a class to do fractal, you are going to stick with that class for a really long time.

• Light weight: Tailor + artificer
  • Medium weight: Hunter + Leather
  • Heavy weight: Armor + Weapon

Check out gw2crafts.net to level up your chosen discipline. Its the most efficient way to level up.

Join Guilds, go to Guild Hall, looking for Tarvern or Bar tender something or Guild Enhancement, get the guild boost, Crafting boost, it will help with other xp booosts too

• Is Ascended amour costly to craft?

Ascended is very costly to craft and it is time-gated too. You are only allow to craft "Spool of Silk Weaving Thread" once a day and you gonna need many, plus there are few more time-gated mats you need to craft. I crafted my 1 ascended armor, I was so broke, Its was for my Elementalist. Now its paying off. I am happy. Once you reach T4, better chests, ascended chests, you can swap to desired stats for other alts, much more cheaper. So picking class to start Fractal is very important.

You can run Tier 1 with exotic gears, tier 2 needs ascended trinkets to put agony resistant in them. Those ascended trinkets can drop from fractal chests or farm from Living World Season 3 Maps. I would prefer Ls3 farming. Equip yourself with those ascended trinkets and put AR in, remember, Do not buy two same name rings or earrings because of the unique. Farm different currencies for each Ls3 Maps to buy different rings and earings. Your goal is long term run, dont let others tell you buy same name rings and infused one or attuned one, then you can equip both them on, yes you can but then you gonna need 150 AR and both rings need to be Infused Attuned rings, turn out you cant equip them now cause same name. Dont go short cut for this Ascended Trinkets or you will be regret

Let make it clear for you. Let call Ring "A", you buy 2 rings A,A. you cant put them on your main toon because ascended ring is unique. People tell you to infuse 1 ring A to make it "A1". now you can equip because A and A1 is different. Then you gonna need to put more AR, you cant infuse other A to be A1 and equip because A1,A1 is same. attune A1 to make A2. can equipe A,A2. then A1.A2 but need more AR, cant attune A1 tobecome A2 cause same name, cant equip.

• If the answers to the first two points are 'yes', how do I go about making the necessary gold to achieve this?

Playing the game is the only way to get gold and materials. Silverwaste and Domain of Instan is the best way to farm Gold. Fractal is freat source too but not much at lower tier. Salvage all blue green drops, get the materials. Only do 1 goal at a time or you will be overwhelmed. Ascended gears 1st or Griffon. cant go both at same time, you can farm more gold to buy Griffon by doing high tier fractal, you can follow the RIBA or Instan train for loots well without the griffon. You can do all the associated collections for griffon though, leave out the purchase 25G each map later on. No Harm. Thats my opinion.

Good luck and have fun with the game. Dont rush. dont chase too many goals at the same time or you will be burnt out.

I agree with the people who say don't rush things. Both getting the griffon and getting ascended equipment are long-term goals aimed at people who have finished large chunks of the game.

If you want to work on the griffon the first thing to do is get to level 80 and finish the PoF storyline, which is a big goal in itself. Then you can start the scavenger hunts for the griffon. There's a lot involved in that besides the gold - you need to go around each PoF map finding griffon eggs hidden in high places and defeating specific enemies as part of bounties and events. (For at least some of those you'll need to use the LFG - Look For Group - tool to find an organised group to defeat them.) Buying the 10 25g items is just one part of that.

And as @Steve The Cynic.3217 said in some ways there are important differences between needing 250g and needing 25g 10 times. If you've managed to save up 60g then you don't need to do anything you're not already doing to get the griffon. If you want to speed the process up you can choose one of several ways of earning gold faster. Personally I'd recommend RIBA farming in Silverwastes because it does not require anything you won't already have - everyone can access the map and you don't need any speical gear. But do look up exactly what RIBA farming is and use the LFG tool to find an organised map because there's a lot more to it than just playing in Silverwastes. But if you're prefer you can just keep playing normally and every time you get 25g you can buy an item for the collections.

@Ojimaru.8970 said:

@"Sephylon.4938" said:1b checkout crafting guides online like gw2crafts.com. if you have guild boosters, they'll make it faster. Also crafting gives you exp to level, you can level crafting on an alt to give it a level boost.

I think you mean

Yes I do, my mistake ☺

EditJust double checked http://gw2crafts.net

Thank you all for the advice! I think I'm going to work on my crafting just so I can work up to the gear I need to go farm--especially if I'm going to be needing groups for certain aspects. Most of my characters are in the Light/Medium armor tier. Haven't had much time to get a heavy armor character yet (deciding on what that class that will be), otherwise I have a few that are level 80.

I managed to finish the PoF storyline yesterday (hooray!) hence looking for a new goal to aim towards. Again I appreciate everyone's contributions to ensuring I don't drive myself crazy by biting off more than I can chew. :)

@"LykelRae.4627" said:Thank you all for the advice! I think I'm going to work on my crafting just so I can work up to the gear I need to go farm--especially if I'm going to be needing groups for certain aspects. Most of my characters are in the Light/Medium armor tier. Haven't had much time to get a heavy armor character yet (deciding on what that class that will be), otherwise I have a few that are level 80.

I managed to finish the PoF storyline yesterday (hooray!) hence looking for a new goal to aim towards. Again I appreciate everyone's contributions to ensuring I don't drive myself crazy by biting off more than I can chew. :)

While this is a possibility and sure go ahead, it always amazes me when people approach something with:"I'll do this so I can start doing that" in GW2.

This is not WoW or some traditional MMO. You don't need ascended gear for almost anything, exotic gear is fine.

For any place where ascended gear would be required (and it's only required in T4 fractals for the agony resistance), you will have acquired most of it on the way. Fractals only require ascended armor for tier 4, if you haven't even started fractals, that's weeks if not months off. There is easy and cheap access to ascended trinkets via living world season 3, there is free access or cheap access to ascended weapons vie The Knight of Throns quest line after HoT.

If your goal is to get the griffon, stop wasting gold on useless gear you do not need. That's entirely beside the point that getting 1 crafting skill to 500 costs around 70-90 gold BEFORE even starting on the ascended armor which comes out as an easy 300-400 gold total.

Here is what you should do:

• start saving gold and acquire access to Living World Season 3 (minimum episode 3, ideally the entire season) which will cost around 60 gold per episode in gems
  • get exotic gear for your desired class and start finishing the story. Finish HoT and do the Knight of Thorns quest line for the free ascended weapon
  • start working on elite specializations and their ascended weapons since most are cheaper than crafting one
  • start running low level fractals and see if the content is to your liking
  • Finish the PoF story and start working on the Griffon. You can buy the 250 gold items in increments of 1/10th meaning every 25 gold can go towards getting this done

Wow, the OP seems to be in a similar situation as me. I, too, started about 2 months ago. I started armorcrafting to get some armors, but decided to shelve it for now to prioritize getting the griffon, since it costs 250g. My advice is to hold off on crafting for now. Getting the griffon doesn’t require exceptional gears. Plus, crafting uses up gold that you may want to use for the griffon. I’m currently using the guide from dulfy that tells you how to get the griffon. I don’t remember the page name, but googling should work. As for getting gold, I do dailies and sell excess crafting materials that I won’t need for a while. I’m still far away from 250g, though.

EDIT - You may want to look at permanent rich iron ores. This is how I make a lot of easy money.

@BlueJin.4127 said:Wow, the OP seems to be in a similar situation as me. I, too, started about 2 months ago. I started armorcrafting to get some armors, but decided to shelve it for now to prioritize getting the griffon, since it costs 250g. My advice is to hold off on crafting for now. Getting the griffon doesn’t require exceptional gears. Plus, crafting uses up gold that you may want to use for the griffon. I’m currently using the guide from dulfy that tells you how to get the griffon. I don’t remember the page name, but googling should work. As for getting gold, I do dailies and sell excess crafting materials that I won’t need for a while. I’m still far away from 250g, though.

So you think invest 250g to the Griffon which will never pay back for itself over crafting to join high earning income contents which can pay back the investment in few months is the should go to? So after the 250g for the griffon, down to the drain, now you are working on levelling crafting discipline, gearing up and start fractals. Griffon does not work on Fractals, Raid, WvW and PvP, probably gears do. Griffon is nice, I got it too. But for newbie, every single gold is important, Other mounts do the jobs as good as Griffon, the transportations.

Sum up, Griffon does not help to earn golds. Crafting and probably gears help to ear way more gold.

The OP is saying he, firstly, wants the griffon. And he’s turning to crafting to make gold for the griffon. I’m saying since you need to invest to make money with crafting, it may be better to just use that gold for the griffon instead. People don’t get the griffon to make money. And some players don’t care about fractals, wvw, raids, etc. Getting griffon is my highest priority since I like playing open world contents. I, too, started about 2 months ago. I, too, want griffon, first of all. I, too, had about 60g when I started going for the griffon 2 days ago. And since the OP sounds like me, I’m saying he may be better off skipping crafting for now, like me. I'm simply stating my suggestion so that the OP can read different methods and decide for himself what the best method is for him.

@VanWilder.6923 said:

@BlueJin.4127 said:Wow, the OP seems to be in a similar situation as me. I, too, started about 2 months ago. I started armorcrafting to get some armors, but decided to shelve it for now to prioritize getting the griffon, since it costs 250g. My advice is to hold off on crafting for now. Getting the griffon doesn’t require exceptional gears. Plus, crafting uses up gold that you may want to use for the griffon. I’m currently using the guide from dulfy that tells you how to get the griffon. I don’t remember the page name, but googling should work. As for getting gold, I do dailies and sell excess crafting materials that I won’t need for a while. I’m still far away from 250g, though.

So you think invest 250g to the Griffon which will never pay back for itself over crafting to join high earning income contents which can pay back the investment in few months is the should go to? So after the 250g for the griffon, down to the drain, now you are working on levelling crafting discipline, gearing up and start fractals. Griffon does not work on Fractals, Raid, WvW and PvP, probably gears do. Griffon is nice, I got it too. But for newbie, every single gold is important, Other mounts do the jobs as good as Griffon, the transportations.

Sum up, Griffon does not help to earn golds. Crafting and probably gears help to ear way more gold.

No, I'm saying that playing the game and getting movement abilities like the griffon enhances the experience far more than wasting weeks on getting ascended gear which is completely useless to the person at this point in time (and as mentioned, armor is useless in almost all other pve on top of that).

You never have to level a crafting discipline ever if you do not want to. You certainly don't need crafting for ascended gear. Crafting ascended gear is THE MOST EXPENSIVE LEAST EFFICIENT way to acquire this gear.

Spvp does not need gear at all, so the griffon there not being usable is moot. WvW ascended armor is negligible at best and a detriment at worst (since it forces you to stick to this gear and stats making you less flexible). The ideal WvW setup for a new player is exotic gear (especially on armor) until you are ready to get multiple ascended sets (with a very good grasp on which stats you want).

TCs goal is to get the griffon mount. Telling him to gear up so he can play content (which is way over his level) like tier 4 fractals to make gold is insane. It's not bad advice, it's terrible advice which might even make people quit the game.

If TC started playing fractals right now and naturally progressed through them, by the time he reached T4 (and hopefully gained the skills to succeed at that difficulty) he would have made enough gold in stabilizing matrixes alone. Besides any possible lucky chest drops from fractal daily chests from T3.

The fast farms in Istan and Silverwastes are super casual. Just leave crafting first and go with whatever gear you have, be cause these farms are casual large-group-content which everyone can participate. If you farm daily, you should get 250g within about a week. The collection itself takes about 4-6h depending on how many people you find etc.

It's no long-term goal to be honest. It's done pretty fast and since you already finished PoF story, you can start with it right away.

Just saying, a brand-new player probably does not have Istan/Palawadan available (unless they bought the LS4 maps.) So it's probably better to go into a little more detail on Silverwastes.

There are four outposts: Red, Indigo Blue and Amber. (RIBA) Each outpost gets attacked by Mordrem and must be defended or, failing that, recaptured. Each event you succeed in gets you loot bags. The loot bags adjust to the level of the player opening them, so if possible, keep an alt character around Level 50 to open them for the more profitable 4th-tier mats. In addition to event rewards, there is a meta, buried treasure chests, and a special area that opens up after the meta (The Tangled Labyrinth, where you try to grab as much loot in a maze as you can while avoiding deadly killer TRON-wolves.) Plus, after the meta, the map gives a big boost to Magic Find.

Good luck with your griffon!

Leveling crafting from the beginning costs a lot of gold. Crafting Ascended armor costs even more.

If you just want to save for your griffon: Do just that. Don't spend your gold on anything else. Sell your your yellow and higher drops on trading post. Do your dailies for 2G/day. Use LFG to join a world boss train. (large group mowing down world bosses and other dynamic events for drops, karma points and experience.)

Just stay focussed and don't spend on other things and you will have your 250G soon enough.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@"BlueJin.4127" said:Wow, the OP seems to be in a similar situation as me. I, too, started about 2 months ago. I started armorcrafting to get some armors, but decided to shelve it for now to prioritize getting the griffon, since it costs 250g. My advice is to hold off on crafting for now. Getting the griffon doesn’t require exceptional gears. Plus, crafting uses up gold that you may want to use for the griffon. I’m currently using the guide from dulfy that tells you how to get the griffon. I don’t remember the page name, but googling should work. As for getting gold, I do dailies and sell excess crafting materials that I won’t need for a while. I’m still far away from 250g, though.

No, I'm saying that playing the game and getting movement abilities like the griffon enhances the experience far more than wasting weeks on getting ascended gear which is completely useless to the person at this point in time (and as mentioned, armor is useless in almost all other pve on top of that).

You never have to level a crafting discipline ever if you do not want to. You certainly don't need crafting for ascended gear. Crafting ascended gear is THE MOST EXPENSIVE LEAST EFFICIENT way to acquire this gear.

Spvp does not need gear at all, so the griffon there not being usable is moot. WvW ascended armor is negligible at best and a detriment at worst (since it forces you to stick to this gear and stats making you less flexible). The ideal WvW setup for a new player is exotic gear (especially on armor) until you are ready to get multiple ascended sets (with a very good grasp on which stats you want).

TCs goal is to get the griffon mount. Telling him to gear up so he can play content (which is way over his level) like tier 4 fractals to make gold is insane. It's not bad advice, it's terrible advice which might even make people quit the game.

If TC started playing fractals right now and naturally progressed through them, by the time he reached T4 (and hopefully gained the skills to succeed at that difficulty) he would have made enough gold in stabilizing matrixes alone. Besides any possible lucky chest drops from fractal daily chests from T3.

Oh ok. I am sorry for giving a terrible advice. I am only 10 months old to this Gw2 who proritized levelling crafting to get ascended gears and join high tier Fractal before the Griffon. I did all the collection for Griffon but left out the payment till very later because imo, all other mounts are doing perfect jobs, keep me up with the meta trains, I had never missed my tags.

10 moths old, I got myself legendary Kudzu, 6 alts, 3 of them fully ascended gears (1 of this 3 has another ascended gear set for running WvW), 1 is half way, 15x +9 mighty infusion, stack of 50 x 9 ARs after I sent 18x +9 ARs to my friend, 800 plus gold in my wallet, 100+ each ascended mats which are time-gated, working on last stage of "Ad Infitinum" also working on my first WvW legendary armors set. Only playing 2-3 hours weekdays, 8-10 hours weekends. I mostly do Fractal dailies and normal Open world PvE dailies. Got all the crafting disciples to max but not Scribe though. I took a moth break because of work though. But still count as 10 months.

I got enough in-game gold to buy Living World Season 2 and 3 after doing fractals for few months. Never spent a single real penny to the game, of course except orignal purchase.

Yup, terrible advice was given by me to the OP. Because I may make people quit the game. I appologise. I should stop giving advice on this specific matter for good.

@VanWilder.6923 said:

@"BlueJin.4127" said:Wow, the OP seems to be in a similar situation as me. I, too, started about 2 months ago. I started armorcrafting to get some armors, but decided to shelve it for now to prioritize getting the griffon, since it costs 250g. My advice is to hold off on crafting for now. Getting the griffon doesn’t require exceptional gears. Plus, crafting uses up gold that you may want to use for the griffon. I’m currently using the guide from dulfy that tells you how to get the griffon. I don’t remember the page name, but googling should work. As for getting gold, I do dailies and sell excess crafting materials that I won’t need for a while. I’m still far away from 250g, though.

Oh ok. I am sorry for giving a terrible advice. I am only 10 months old to this Gw2 who proritized levelling crafting to get ascended gears and join high tier Fractal before the Griffon. I did all the collection for Griffon but left out the payment till very later because imo, all other mounts are doing perfect jobs, keep me up with the meta trains, I had never missed my tags.

10 moths old, I got myself legendary Kudzu, 6 alts, 3 of them fully ascended gears (1 of this 3 has another ascended gear set for running WvW), 1 is half way, 15x +9 mighty infusion, stack of 50 x 9 ARs after I sent 18x +9 ARs to my friend, 800 plus gold in my wallet, 100+ each ascended mats which are time-gated, working on last stage of "Ad Infitinum" also working on my first WvW legendary armors set. Only playing 2-3 hours weekdays, 8-10 hours weekends. I mostly do Fractal dailies and normal Open world PvE dailies. Got all the crafting disciples to max but not Scribe though. I took a moth break because of work though. But still count as 10 months.

I got enough in-game gold to buy Living World Season 2 and 3 after doing fractals for few months. Never spent a single real penny to the game, of course except orignal purchase.

Yup, terrible advice was given by me to the OP. Because I may make people quit the game. I appologise. I should stop giving advice on this specific matter for good.

And I have been playing since vanille, have 3 legendary armors (plus legendary fractals back pack, Aurora, over 10 legendary weapons crafted) , over 12 ascended Sets on characters currently, 23 characters at level 80 and over 7k magnetite shards and boxes of ascended armor and weapons coming out of my a***.

Have experienced the introduction of ascended and a good amount of play time in pve, wvw and spvp. Played fractals since 2 weeks after their original introduction regularly.

I also am able to do basic math and research the difference between exotic and ascended armor and have run enough raids and fractals to know that ascended armor is only required in T4 fractals due to agony resistance and definitely not due to stats. I would never send a new player strait into T4 especially one who is 60 gold rich.

Are we done with epeen measurement?

You dont need full ascended to start with fractals. I asume you have both expansion but you dont have living season 2 and 3.If you have finished HoT story you can do knight of the thorn achievment for free ascended weapon (GS, sword, dagger, scepter or shield). If main dps of your build comes from power (not damage over time like poison) then you can get ascended trinkets from laurel vendors. After a few fractal runs you can buy ascended rings for free.You can also get ascended weapon from each specialization collection. Its not free but much cheaper then crafting. I cannot help you more if I dont know what class you are playing. If you have some questions feel free to ask.

Personaly I have around 30 gold per hour doing fractals but bear in mind that this income is from hadest level of fractals. Income from easier levels will be lower (but few gold is still nice for new player). If you rly only want the griffon then you farimng either silverwastes or istan should be faster (but much more boring, at least for me)

@Cyninja.2954 said:

And I have been playing since vanille, have 3 legendary armors (plus legendary fractals back pack, Aurora, over 10 legendary weapons crafted) , over 12 ascended Sets on characters currently, 23 characters at level 80 and over 7k magnetite shards and boxes of ascended armor and weapons coming out of my a***.

Have experienced the introduction of ascended and a good amount of play time in pve, wvw and spvp. Played fractals since 2 weeks after their original introduction regularly.

I also am able to do basic math and research the difference between exotic and ascended armor and have run enough raids and fractals to know that ascended armor is only required in T4 fractals due to agony resistance and definitely not due to stats. I would never send a new player strait into T4 especially one who is 60 gold rich.

Are we done with kitten measurement?

LoL, You seem to have reading problem. Where and which sentence I said that I want to "send a new player strait into T4"?

Please read my above advice, I said T1 and T2 do not need ascended, I said pick a character carefully to gear up before you are going to stay with that toon in T4 for awhile. Also have I ever said ascended gears "due to stats". Veteran player has problem reading.

I am not measuring anything, just say it out that for 10 months old player, who did not dump 250 g into Griffon from the 1 place because there are other mounts, using 250g for other stuffs and turned out I accomplised quite many endgame things.

You been playing since vanila, thats long time. PoF came out 2016-17 somthing, At that time you are already had a lot of gold, for you, looking for endgame, ap or collections. You dont look things as a new player who only have 60g in wallet. tbh, if your new player, will you think that you will spend 250g for the griffon while other mounts are doing great jobs. The difference between gifff and others are, flying but cant grant altitude, leaping fly make it faster.

Well, to the OP, I am also very new player, compare to this Vanila player, I did not get the griffon until 3 months ago and got that many stuffs. i always think "Never buy the things I want, only buy the things I need"

To this Veteran player, please working on your reading skill. English is not my native so it prolly makes your reading skill unefficiency. For a vet with lot of golds, advice new players go straight spending on flying mount is a very good advice.

@VanWilder.6923 said:

Are we done with kitten measurement?

LoL, You seem to have reading problem. Where and which sentence I said that I want to "send a new player strait into T4"?

Please read my above advice, I said T1 and T2 do not need ascended, I said pick a character carefully to gear up before you are going to stay with that toon in T4 for awhile. Also have I ever said ascended gears "due to stats". Veteran player has problem reading.

I am not measuring anything, just say it out that for 10 months old player, who did not dump 250 g into Griffon from the 1 place because there are other mounts, using 250g for other stuffs and turned out I accomplised quite many endgame things.

You been playing since vanila, thats long time. PoF came out 2016-17 somthing, At that time you are already had a lot of gold, for you, looking for endgame, ap or collections. You dont look things as a new player who only have 60g in wallet. tbh, if your new player, will you think that you will spend 250g for the griffon while other mounts are doing great jobs. The difference between gifff and others are, flying but cant grant altitude, leaping fly make it faster.

Well, to the OP, I am also very new player, compare to this Vanila player, I did not get the griffon until 3 months ago and got that many stuffs. i always think "Never buy the things I want, only buy the things I need"

To this Veteran player, please working on your reading skill. English is not my native so it prolly makes your reading skill unefficiency. For a vet with lot of golds, advice new players go straight spending on flying mount is a very good advice.

Great, so considering TC is at about 2 months of play time with around 60 gold (unless he started crafting), if he starts saving now he should hit the 250 gold mark at around 3 months to get the griffon. Just like you. Funny how that works out.

If TC is supposed to start with fractals and work his way through tier 1 and 2 (and maybe 3 if he is diligent enough) and he does not need ascended armor for that, what good is crafting to him at this point?

Sure the griffon is not needed (though useful and fun), and neither is crafting. Between two useless things, I'd go with the one TC mentioned as his goal, makes kind of sense right?

Woohoo~

3 days ago, I had around 60g. Since I shelved crafting for now, I decided to sell some of my excessive crafting materials that are easily farmed for around 40g (several stacks of iron among them). I also got a BL Claim ticket and used it on an Equinox weapon which, to my surprise, sold for around 70g. Now I’m only about 75g away from my griffon. :smiley:

I may get the griffon MUCH sooner than I expected, thanks to the Equinox weapon.

Archived