Reaper is the worst spvp class I've ever played. Went 0-16 today, felt great.

Farkon.2170

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

@Catchyfx.5768 said:Me and my friend both playing Necro/Herald(not even Firebrand). For me neco for PvP have only 1 weakness and its surviving if you wanna go full beast mode. If you dont have buddy to help you you cannot go fullfrontal. And I think thats kinda OK, because if you have someone with you...woof its pain to play against duo if Reaper is one of them.

The funny thing is that you don't even have to go full damage (in terms of traits and amulet) as a reaper to dish out ridiculous damage. Even with paladin's and some more sustain oriented traits (e.g. Blighter's Boon over Reaper's Onslaught) you will hit like a train in each team fight... However, you still need at least some support to survive :#

At topic: It's ridiculous that people always want to 1v1 on any class and with any build/specialization... I mean it's like asking for more damage on a Firebrand support or more (passive) sustain on a thief... If you want to 1v1 then just play a build that is made for this.

Have you seen that power reaper had paladin amulet and oneshotted harrier FB with soul spiral ? He went 100-0 close to isntant :D (ROM tournament)

Everything oneshots harrier guardian.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Catchyfx.5768 said:Me and my friend both playing Necro/Herald(not even Firebrand). For me neco for PvP have only 1 weakness and its surviving if you wanna go full beast mode. If you dont have buddy to help you you cannot go fullfrontal. And I think thats kinda OK, because if you have someone with you...woof its pain to play against duo if Reaper is one of them.

The funny thing is that you don't even have to go full damage (in terms of traits and amulet) as a reaper to dish out ridiculous damage. Even with paladin's and some more sustain oriented traits (e.g. Blighter's Boon over Reaper's Onslaught) you will hit like a train in each team fight... However, you still need at least some support to survive :#

At topic: It's ridiculous that people always want to 1v1 on any class and with any build/specialization... I mean it's like asking for more damage on a Firebrand support or more (passive) sustain on a thief... If you want to 1v1 then just play a build that is made for this.

Have you seen that power reaper had paladin amulet and oneshotted harrier FB with soul spiral ? He went 100-0 close to isntant :D (ROM tournament)

If you havent seen tournament why you bother to respond to this ? Dont remember asking for your assumptions

I don't care for playing necro as it feels too one dimensional aka "spam AOE damage then spam more AOE damage" -the class, which leads to it having seriously one sided matchups. It's extremely easy to destroy melee classes and players on point as most necro builds ( Both scourge and reaper tbh ) purely by randomly mashing your main damage rotation. But on the flip side, you will lose 1v1 to any class with range assuming it is being played by a semi-competent player who understands that all they have to do to beat you is outrange + keepaway. Deadeye? Necro instantly dies. LB Ranger? 100% you're dead. This means Necro is super dependent on their team covering for them, which can be very viable especially if you duo-queue but just isn't my thing.

@"Master Ketsu.4569" said:I don't care for playing necro as it feels too one dimensional aka "spam AOE damage then spam more AOE damage" -the class, which leads to it having seriously one sided matchups. It's extremely easy to destroy melee classes and players on point as most necro builds ( Both scourge and reaper tbh ) purely by randomly mashing your main damage rotation. But on the flip side, you will lose 1v1 to any class with range assuming it is being played by a semi-competent player who understands that all they have to do to beat you is outrange + keepaway. Deadeye? Necro instantly dies. LB Ranger? 100% you're dead. This means Necro is super dependent on their team covering for them, which can be very viable especially if you duo-queue but just isn't my thing.

Agree, just wanna say who doesnt have aoe dmg these days, if you compare to yolosmith, but thats Is for different topic.

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:To put things in perspective, Reaper had one of the highest win-rates and play-rates in ranked last season.

I would like to see data aswell.This seems understandable if you look the average values of all leagues. Necromancer is hard to deal with on node and most unexperienced players don't know how kitting work.And in high tiers reaper/FB is now replacing the old Scourge/FB a verry strong duo.

Every necro main can now play necro and finaly enjoy it (scourge is a design drama) and honestly it's one of the funniest classes to play right now. I have no doubt it has high play rates ^^.

Since game is balanced for soloQ, I think reaper (P2 to legend EU) in a soloQ setupt (no support), feels allright. But seen what you said in your quote it looks like necromancer will go back to the "need constant babysit to be played type of logic" and it will see probably it's damage gutted again.

(PS: don't forget to nerf core necro as well it could become a strong duelist with some of the meta classes shaved.)

10/10 statistics. As expected of arenanet. People play reaper because it is cool and finally became viable after damage buff. Win rates because it stomps noobs that autoattack in bronze and eat whole soul spiral while fb sustains reaper. I thought they balanced game according to higher level of play. But they give overall statistics when they know most of the playerbase is lower ranked. Logic. Btw if reaper has most wins then its because its op but if warrior or mesmer has most wins its because skill.

@XECOR.2814 said:10/10 statistics. As expected of arenanet. People play reaper because it is cool and finally became viable after damage buff. Win rates because it stomps noobs that autoattack in bronze and eat whole soul spiral while fb sustains reaper. I thought they balanced game according to higher level of play. But they give overall statistics when they know most of the playerbase is lower ranked. Logic. Btw if reaper has most wins then its because its op but if warrior or mesmer has most wins its because skill.

This is such an ignorant comment to make, wow.

You can't get any of that out of what Ben said, you're just interpreting it that way to trash it afterwards. Good job.

Yeah, please condemn them for using statistics to make decisions around, not like that's how balancing works or anything. Generally, high playrate should always mean lower winrate. If you see a winrate skyrocket despite playrate going up massively then you can be sure something is overpowered (aka unbalanced), since everything tends to even out at 50%. There's been enough time to gauge whether that holds true or not.

@Blocki.4931 said:

@XECOR.2814 said:10/10 statistics. As expected of arenanet. People play reaper because it is cool and finally became viable after damage buff. Win rates because it stomps noobs that autoattack in bronze and eat whole soul spiral while fb sustains reaper. I thought they balanced game according to higher level of play. But they give overall statistics when they know most of the playerbase is lower ranked. Logic. Btw if reaper has most wins then its because its op but if warrior or mesmer has most wins its because skill.

You can't get any of that out of what Ben said, you're just interpreting it that way to trash it afterwards. Good job.

Yeah, please condemn them for using statistics to make decisions around, not like that's how balancing works or anything. Generally, high playrate should always mean lower winrate. If you see a winrate skyrocket despite playrate going up massively then you can be sure something is overpowered (aka unbalanced), since everything tends to even out at 50%. There's been enough time to gauge whether that holds true or not.

There is no relation to play rate to win rate. They remain same. If more people start playing reaper does not mean they start losing on it more. Overall win rate remains same. And you are ignorant not me to the fact that most people are in lower bracket hence pushing the win rates more in reapers favour against other classes. Why? Because all skills on reaper are straight forward and damaging and you get extra damage and hp on f1. Thats how easy it is to understand reaper. Hence new players have better time on reaper than say condi mirage or deadeye which are actually op.

@Blocki.4931 said:

Nice assumption btw that i cant figure out what ben said when in reality the statistics he provided is very general and actually does not represent true state. If only this is considered for balance without further specification of statistics then im utterly disappointed by how out of touch devs are. Btw no class is designed to have inherent weakness in this game without means to escape or sustain on its own except necromancers(ranged,projectiles,cc). Good luck understanding that because you dont play necromancer.

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

If you havent seen tournament why you bother to respond to this ? Dont remember asking for your assumptions

I read it as a joke..

@"Master Ketsu.4569" said:I don't care for playing necro as it feels too one dimensional aka "spam AOE damage then spam more AOE damage" -the class, which leads to it having seriously one sided matchups. It's extremely easy to destroy melee classes and players on point as most necro builds ( Both scourge and reaper tbh ) purely by randomly mashing your main damage rotation. But on the flip side, you will lose 1v1 to any class with range assuming it is being played by a semi-competent player who understands that all they have to do to beat you is outrange + keepaway. Deadeye? Necro instantly dies. LB Ranger? 100% you're dead. This means Necro is super dependent on their team covering for them, which can be very viable especially if you duo-queue but just isn't my thing.

Spectral pull says Hi to your ranged classes.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/334055485This is just a glimpse of what the 2vs2 meta will look like....threads like this are an offense against decorum , I suggest the OP to take a hard better look at himself before whining about one of the most...(if not the most) easy gameplay risk= ++ reward class in GW2, since the dhuumfire patch in 2014, the necro has maintained a strong hold on pvp and wvw meta.....but still here they are crying for more...while others have less than nothing to start with

@"Arheundel.6451" said:https://www.twitch.tv/videos/334055485This is just a glimpse of what the 2vs2 meta will look like....threads like this are an offense against decorum , I suggest the OP to take a hard better look at himself before whining about one of the most...(if not the most) easy gameplay risk= ++ reward class in GW2, since the dhuumfire patch in 2014, the necro has maintained a strong hold on pvp and wvw meta.....but still here they are crying for more...while others have less than nothing to start with

Thread is about reaper. Shows video with scourges. Also love how you can watch a tournament where every team has a Firebrand, but not all teams have a necro and come to the conclusion that necro is the OP one.

Necromancer is the only class in the game that requires being duo'ed with a specific support class in order to be effective. This is why necros complain. We are sick and tired of being the only class in the game that isn't self-sufficient.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@"Arheundel.6451" said:
This is just a glimpse of what the 2vs2 meta will look like....threads like this are an offense against decorum , I suggest the OP to take a hard better look at himself before whining about one of the most...(if not the most) easy gameplay risk= ++ reward class in GW2, since the dhuumfire patch in 2014, the necro has maintained a strong hold on pvp and wvw meta.....but still here they are crying for more...while others have less than nothing to start with

Thread is about reaper. Shows video with scourges. Also love how you can watch a tournament where every team has a Firebrand, but not all teams have a necro and come to the conclusion that necro is the OP one.

Necromancer is the only class in the game that requires being duo'ed with a specific support class in order to be effective. This is why necros complain. We are sick and tired of being the only class in the game that isn't self-sufficient.

But when paired with a support you do become OP then...something must be given in return for more self-sufficient gameplay, a reasonable request but you can't expect Anet to give in while leaving necro as the teamfight powerhouse which are now above anybody else.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@"Arheundel.6451" said:
This is just a glimpse of what the 2vs2 meta will look like....threads like this are an offense against decorum , I suggest the OP to take a hard better look at himself before whining about one of the most...(if not the most) easy gameplay risk= ++ reward class in GW2, since the dhuumfire patch in 2014, the necro has maintained a strong hold on pvp and wvw meta.....but still here they are crying for more...while others have less than nothing to start with

ever heard of thief? literally have been declared by devs to be a +1 class

edit: wahhhhhh...conditions to be effective

@Crinn.7864 said:

@"Arheundel.6451" said:

As a general design philosophy, you can see that certain classes are railroaded into specific gameplay styles -- Warriors are designed to be duelists, thieves to be +1'ers, necros to be AoE bombers. More complex classes tend to have more roles that they can play (Engi, Ele, Rev) while the simpler classes have fewer roles that they can play.

@"TheDevice.2751" said:"One of the highest" Does that mean they're in the top 3? Top 5?How often are they played by rank bracket? How often do they win by bracket?

Also, what class wins the most at plat+?

Shut your toxic elitist brain and go play casually. I bet you dont even have the new glider skin.

@Flumek.9043 said:

One of
the highest" Does that mean they're in the top 3? Top 5?How often are they played by rank bracket? How often do they win by bracket?

Also, what class wins the most at plat+?

Shut your toxic elitist brain and go play casually. I bet you dont even have the new glider skin.

Wth.

@TheDevice.2751 asked the exactly right questions.

If you look at how many specs exist: 3 for all classes, that makes 9x3=27 playable specs.

So one of the highest can easily be top 10. That's still in top 66%.

More detailed information would really be welcome

Archived