Anet, Please Never Do What Blizzard Just Did to Diablo Franchise

Justine.6351

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Unknown.3976" said:A couple of weeks ago, Blizzard mentioned that they have a couple of teams working on multiple Diablo projects.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/22549433

"BlizzCon 2018 is almost here and we’ve seen a lot of rumors flying around about our plans for Diablo at the show. These are very exciting times—we currently have multiple teams working on different Diablo projects and we can’t wait to tell you all about them . . . when the time is right."

This is yet another overreaction from the gaming community.

Sort of?

@Blocki.4931 said:Don't forget that they had teased the playerbase for MONTHS that something new was in the works and then they come out with this huge reveal being a mobile game that leaves ALL PC players hanging. Awful.

Yep. Really a marketing fail. Tbh I do believe they will continue to make more diablo for PC but like this weekend is going to gut them pretty hard back in the office on monday.

@Justine.6351 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:Don't forget that they had teased the playerbase for MONTHS that something new was in the works and then they come out with this huge reveal being a mobile game that leaves ALL PC players hanging. Awful.

Yep. Really a marketing fail. Tbh I do believe they will continue to make more diablo for PC but like this weekend is going to gut them pretty hard back in the office on monday.

Wouldn't be surprised if they are actually working on a full PC + console release game, but it's still very far off and they don't have anything to show yet. Diablo 3 has really run its course, they can't keep going.

Hell, I remember how excited I was about the game releasing when I was still in school, I talked to my friend all day about it when I heard. That is so long ago now lol

@Justine.6351 said:

@"Unknown.3976" said:A couple of weeks ago, Blizzard mentioned that they have a couple of teams working on multiple Diablo projects.

"BlizzCon 2018 is almost here and we’ve seen a lot of rumors flying around about our plans for Diablo at the show. These are very exciting times—we currently have multiple teams working on different Diablo projects and we can’t wait to tell you all about them . . . when the time is right."

This is yet another overreaction from the gaming community.

Sort of?

Yeah, Blizzard picked the wrong place to announce their mobile title. Blizzcon is where the diehard fans gather, and to announce a mobile title at a diehard fan gathering, there's bound to be backlash. They should have announced their mobile title alongside that blog post stating that there's multiple diablo projects in the works, just to allay the fandom's fears.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:What exactly is wrong with a mobile game set in the GW universe?

Would you be cool with your significant other of 10+ years dating other people on the side and doing certain things only with them but not with you?

kitten?

backs away slowly

Maybe

Thats kinda like what its like when a pc developer for years suddenly do a mobile game.That have nothing to do with pc or will be ported to pc for witch they are known for.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:What exactly is wrong with a mobile game set in the GW universe?

Would you be cool with your significant other of 10+ years dating other people on the side and doing certain things only with them but not with you?

kitten?

backs away slowly

Maybe

Thats kinda like what its like when a pc developer for years suddenly do a mobile game.That have nothing to do with pc or will be ported to pc for witch they are known for.

So like the makers of Diablo before they made Diablo. That turned out very poorly I guess?

@Khisanth.2948 said:

kitten?

backs away slowly

Maybe

Even though you may be joking, Do not recommend this app. There’s a huge amount wrong with this company and you will not need to look far to see why.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

kitten?

backs away slowly

Maybe

A different medium doesnt necessarily mean you can't play them. Alot of people have a smart phone. And even then, there are options, on your PC, to play your mobile games there.

There's nothing that a console or other platform can do, that a pc cant do really.

@Justine.6351 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:I would happily take gw1 or a new gw game on mobile. It is just a platform - as long as the game is accessible and fun, it shouldnt matter.

Think you will find a large % of PC Gamers are not going to be appreciative of Dev time dumped into a mobile-only remake on a franchise that has been stagnant for over a year.

Guild Wars 2 is stagnant? I wasn't aware. Silly me.

PoF was a year ago. GW1 even longer.

Wow, news from a scientific journal“Content needs to be made. Products not magically appearing out of thin air proves the industry is stagnant.”

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:

kitten?

backs away slowly

Maybe

A different medium doesnt necessarily mean you can't play them. Alot of people have a smart phone. And even then, there are options, on your PC, to play your mobile games there.

There's nothing that a console or other platform can do, that a pc cant do really.

The funny part of your comment is that the devs actually said that very thing and it pissed people off even more.

@Khisanth.2948 said:What exactly is wrong with a mobile game set in the GW universe?Well, for one it would require shifting resources away from GW2. As a gw2 player that would worry me.Especially since mobile market is more lucrative (for now anyway, if the current EU trend about lootboxes and microtransactions goes further, that migh eventually stop being the case), but is also aimed at a different type of players.

Mobiles are aimed at high player retention. Instead of worrying about longterm player loyalty, they prefer to rip their players as much as possible shortterm. If they leave, let them, the new victims will replace them soon. And if the game dies? Make a new one - development costs of mobile games are much, much lower than of AAA MMORPGs.

I'd rather Anet was not enticed into this mentality. They are already too close to it for my taste in their gemshop practices.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:I would happily take gw1 or a new gw game on mobile. It is just a platform - as long as the game is accessible and fun, it shouldnt matter.

Think you will find a large % of PC Gamers are not going to be appreciative of Dev time dumped into a mobile-only remake on a franchise that has been stagnant for over a year.

Wow, news from a scientific journal“Content needs to be made. Products not magically appearing out of thin air proves the industry is stagnant.”

Stuff isn't just magically stagnant, it becomes more stagnant over time when left still. You see, it works both ways.

@Justine.6351 said:

Stuff isn't just magically stagnant, it becomes more stagnant over time when left still. You see, it works both ways.

But why do you think gw2 is stagnant? We’re getting more updates than your average mmo does.Living world, festivals, etc(given, i think Current Events have died, by how slow those update)

@Khisanth.2948 said:

kitten?

backs away slowly

Maybe

So like the makers of Diablo before they made Diablo. That turned out very poorly I guess?

stracraft, warcraft, heartstone ( yes it was ported over to mobile but was on pc first) overwatch they have been for the pc mate no denying that.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

But why do you think gw2 is stagnant? We’re getting more updates than your average mmo does.Living world, festivals, etc(given, i think Current Events have died, by how slow those update)

Arent those current events guys the same 5 people who make said festivals playable each year?So adding the Joko stuff this year for example.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

I actually addressed this earlier. I responded to that guy directly but my first comment was more aimed at Diablo and any other franchise that has stopped development on it for over a year and then pops up with something in left field like it's going to be something we have all been waiting for.

Activision Blizzard is just milking every last drop of all franchises right now. (WoW Classic, Diablo, Warcraft 3 remastered) I guess we'll see somekind of Starcraft 2 spinoff in the next year.No matter what they say, they're not doing for the "players" or even the "game".

@Linken.6345 said:

kitten?

backs away slowly

Maybe

stracraft, warcraft, heartstone ( yes it was ported over to mobile but was on pc first) overwatch they have been for the pc mate no denying that.

Arent those current events guys the same 5 people who make said festivals playable each year?So adding the Joko stuff this year for example.

yea, it felt a bit rushedin the same way students try to finish a science project the night before

Archived