Graveling in Catacombs Violet Room doesn't drop any plate. [Merged]

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:If I've understood all the comments from people (and perhaps I haven't because the circumstances are confusing):
  • Post-story characters: no examples of trouble.
  • Pre-story characters: no examples of success. (These toons used teleport-to-friend or the portal scroll to reach the map.)
  • Mid-story characters: examples of success-with-difficulty, examples of no-successes.
  • Post-story characters who restarted story for chieves (and left it 'mid story'): examples of success-with-difficulty.

Is this correct? If you have a counter example, could you share it?

I am post-story and still took 40 min to get the plate yesterday.

Grrr.Sorry for your troubles and thanks for the intel.

At this point, based on all the reports we've seen, I'm going to go with "it's randomly dropping for some people," without any reliable way to ensure it drops.

Based on my very limited personal experience (got it on my first try, the other player in the room who started the fight didn't got it, second time I started the fight, got another drop, the other player didn't got anything again) and what I read in this thread I would say that the drop is completely random. But unless someone deliberately coded a random chance in the drop for this encounter it can't really be random. It is probably a combination of bugs that appears to make the drop random. So for our purposes the drop is random until ArenaNet fixes the bugs.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One more person who spent about 25 minutes fighting this guy without getting a plate until the buff ran out.

Please, please Anet get this fixed ASAP or at least respond! The achievements are the main reason for many of us doing this now and wasting over an hour due to this issue (on 2 metas + 30 mins) is not fun!

@Jong.5937 said:One more person who spent about 25 minutes fighting this guy without getting a plate until the buff ran out.Don't do that going forward. Before getting the LoD buff, arrange for a mesmer port of teleport-to-friend option. Then give the dwarf your item, port to the green room, and collect your loot. Afterward, you can take your time.

Yes, ANet should fix this. Yes, it's incredibly frustrating. But there is a viable work-around.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Jong.5937 said:One more person who spent about 25 minutes fighting this guy without getting a plate until the buff ran out.Don't do that going forward. Before getting the LoD buff, arrange for a mesmer port of teleport-to-friend option. Then give the dwarf your item, port to the green room, and collect your loot. Afterward, you can take your time.

Yes, ANet should fix this. Yes, it's incredibly frustrating. But there is a viable work-around.

Yes, that is the only way to get a guaranteed green room if the bug is encountered. However it's not quite obvious and many people don't frequent forum so Anet should fix it asap, like number 1 on priority list of Bug Fixes.

We don't even know what's wrong at this point. Anet may not know yet either. Once the cause of the problem is discovered, the fix may not be simple. It also just occurred to me today it's possible that it's supposed to be a pita to get the plate from the graveling, considering the graveling comment from the ghost on your way out of the catacombs . . .

Anyway, today I got lucky, got plate first try :)

I did get the purple plate from the graveling today too, but only after switching instances so I'd already done the green room so no worries on treasure :)

@Susy.7529 said:

Yes, that is the only way to get a guaranteed green room if the bug is encountered. However it's not quite obvious and many people don't frequent forum so Anet should fix it asap, like number 1 on priority list of Bug Fixes.

If they're prioritizing things, I'd say first priority should be the bugs that are preventing progress along the chasing tales cheeves. This problem at least has workarounds, those do not . . .

@Gop.8713 said:

If they're prioritizing things, I'd say first priority should be the bugs that are preventing progress along the chasing tales cheeves. This problem at least has workarounds, those do not . . .

Chasing Tales are subsequent achis (and actually only axe and focus are bugged from what I heard), you require Green Room to get Serpentine Jewels to progress in unlocking Chasing Tales, so this comes first imho.

@Susy.7529 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

Chasing Tales are subsequent achis (and actually only axe and focus are bugged from what I heard), you require Green Room to get Serpentine Jewels to progress in unlocking Chasing Tales, so this comes first imho.

But you don't require the graveling room to get the green room and the jewels, there are existing alternatives and workarounds. Players are going to start getting the number of jewels they need to craft all the exotic dragonsblood weapons this weekend, and only the bugged cheeves -- for which there are no alternatives or workarounds -- are going to be impeding progress at that point . . .

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

But you don't require the graveling room to get the green room and the jewels, there are existing alternatives and workarounds. Players are going to start getting the number of jewels they need to craft all the exotic dragonsblood weapons this weekend, and only the bugged cheeves -- for which there are no alternatives or workarounds -- are going to be impeding progress at that point . . .

And you don't require to do exaclty the bugged weapon first, you can first do the unbugged ones in the meantime of a fix for the others.After all, in both cases, it's just a matter of being informed on facts beforehand and acting consequently, but people who don't follow forums will first meet the Purple Room bug and only after that, the Chasing Tales bug.

At this point, it is neither listed in the Known Issue Tracker, nor has any official responded to this thread yet.

@Gaile Gray.6029: Can we please finally get an official response? This issue is game-breaking after all, it is no small problem. People spend over an hour on the two meta events, receiving the two halves of the Light of Deldrimor, which has a total value of over 6g, then completely waste that amount of gold without ever getting the final reward. The chat is constantly filled with teleport requests, and it is impossible to get the run done properly because of people involuntarily breaking its mechanics.

(Edit) Here are a couple of suggestions:

• Temporary fix: Remove the purple plate drop from the daily routine for the time being until it is fixed (the story mode purple plate will still be found next to Brodak).
  • Final fix: Change the drop mechanics. Whoever interacts with the sarcophagus will receive the plate drop (people who already received their drop cannot interact with the sarcophagus again until server reset).

Just sharing a couple of experiences with different characters:

• No noticeable difference in success rate with regards to story progress.
  • Success rate noticeably smaller with more people present in that purple room, but soloing is not a success guarantee.
  • Of several participating players nobody getting a plate is a possibility and likely to repeat itself if it happens once.
  • Level of participation has no noticeable influence on success rate. Extreme cases I personally experienced were: not getting a plate when soloing the first half or even the complete encounter, and getting only two or three shots in with renegade shortbow at the end of the fight to get a plate immediately.
  • On a busy map queueing up for the graveling will not happen. Those willing to do so will still stand at the gate when their buff runs out while the others will pile on the graveling for the odd chance of getting the plate after ten attempts. There are always those who do not even show any sign of even acknowledging that there is a chat window. At that rate your chances of getting anywhere are higher when you just participate in the pileup.
  • Relogging sometimes seems to fix the problem, but not at all reliably, so it might just be a happy accident when the first try after a relog results in success.
  • So far I have always got the plate at some point, although on one day it took almost 20 minutes, a relog and the death of the other character in the room with me. (Apparently he tried soloing the graveling while I was relogging and failed. I was quite happy to revive him with my shiny new plate on my back. :grin:)

@Susy.7529 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

And you don't require to do exaclty the bugged weapon first, you can first do the unbugged ones in the meantime of a fix for the others.After all, in both cases, it's just a matter of being informed on facts beforehand and acting consequently, but people who don't follow forums will first meet the Purple Room bug and only after that, the Chasing Tales bug.

That's why I pointed out that the first players will be completing ALL of the exotic dragonsblood weapons this weekend. They will not have any other cheeves to pursue, they will have all cheeves unlocked and those players will be waiting on the fix for the focus, with nothing to progress until it is fixed. Those of us experiencing the inconvenience with the purple room are not prevented from progressing anything . . .

Bugs that halt progress should take precedence over bugs that create inconvenience . . .

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

That's why I pointed out that the first players will be completing ALL of the exotic dragonsblood weapons this weekend. They will not have any other cheeves to pursue, they will have all cheeves unlocked and those players will be waiting on the fix for the focus, with nothing to progress until it is fixed. Those of us experiencing the inconvenience with the purple room are not prevented from progressing anything . . .

Bugs that halt progress should take precedence over bugs that create inconvenience . . .

I don't have exact numbers but I think that the number of players who will complete all weapons so soon is not that big, I actively played these days but i'm only at 4/16, on the other hand the number of people who face the Purple Room bug (which may halt progress anyway if one has not preparred a Green teleport backup) everyday is far greater imho.Bugs that halt progress should take prececedence but not if there's another bug that affects a larger pool of players....

@"Locce.8405" said:

• Success rate noticeably smaller with more people present in that purple room, but soloing is not a success guarantee.
  • Of several participating players nobody getting a plate is a possibility and likely to repeat itself if it happens once.

These are the two most vital points. From my own experience, I conclude:

1. The number of people in the vicinity (not necessarily directly in the room) who also still require the drop from the purple tomb determines the number of "empty drops" (i.e. the lack of one) that can occur before the plate finally drops for you.
  2. When people fight the Graveling Vet in large numbers, they only enhance the problem as the mechanic obviously lacks a prioritization. They completely screw it up that way and (pretty much) everyone loses. This seems to stack until the server resets the count the next day.

Weirdness from yesterday: I walked into the graveling room at a not-too-busy time, and while I was looking for hidden chests, the only other person in the room walked out. I turned the corner to find the plate already lying on the floor. When I went up to the treasure room, someone was standing outside (same person?) and asked to party up and TP to me, because the graveling wouldn't drop the plate. So it seems like I walked in without even seeing the Graveling, much less attacking it, and got the plate 'assigned' to me while the person who did the actual soloing of the beast got nothing.

I didn't think to ask questions at the time, might not have been the same person, but I didn;t see anyone else heading to or from the treasure room around that time.

What I've observed: the last person to enter the room will get the plate drop. Even if they don't interact with the graveling. It's not a loot drop per se, it's "reveal plate for last person to enter the room when graveling dies". This holds if they stay in the room after getting their plate.

So - if you get your plate: LEAVE!

@"Ashantara.8731" said:At this point, it is neither listed in the Known Issue Tracker, nor has any official responded to this thread yet.You know from experience that the Known Issue Tracker only reports on a subset of issues, usually stuff that is long term.You also know that ANet rarely reports back on specific bugs.

This issue is game-breakingIt is not "game breaking." It's completely annoying, but it doesn't prevent progress on the story, on map completion. There is a simple & viable work-around.

I get that we all want it fixed, but over-dramatizing the issue isn't going to make it happen more quickly.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:You also know that ANet rarely reports back on specific bugs.

Yes, but this is not any common bug - this ruins a daily activity "at random", so people risk losing 6g of value every day. IMO, it's no small deal.

This issue is
game-breaking
It is not "game breaking."

It is, if you regard the daily treasure hunt on this map as part of the game (which it obviously is, and people are doing it in masses for the weapon collections). It is completely broken, people cannot complete it - hence it breaks the game. Also, everyone is affected, unless they manage to do this at a time when other players have not broken the purple room's mechanics yet.

What do you consider "game breaking" then? Only story-relevant content bugs? I consider everything game-breaking that halters progress: be it getting stuck in a texture during a story mission, bugged events, or client crashes.

Adding my data point: today I finally got the plate to drop off the graveling. I went in during north meta, on an alt that is partially through the story, using a Light plate made of a bottom half I earned and a top half I bought on TP. It took four tries. First one I joined a fight, no plate. Second I soloed it but there was someone in the room chest hunting. Third I soloed it but there might have been someone in the corridor chest hunting. Fourth I was definitely completely alone and it dropped.

Somewhere in there, I think between 3 and 4 but could have been before 3, I joined two extant LFGs -- one for a port to green room, one for the meta -- in an attempt to switch maps. Both maps were full so I stayed on my original map to kill it again.

No idea if this matters, but the plate that it finally dropped for me was to the Crystal Room, which I'd never seen before. Could it have been denying me plates for which I had credit and once RNG gave me a new one, boom? Unlikely, I'm sure many of you have unlocked all five rooms and then managed to get a purple plate later, but I'm offering all the data I can towards diagnosis.

Yesterday it took me 7 tries to get the plate. I think 4 tries there were others in the room who got the plate and left the rest I soloed. When I got the plate there were others in the room fighting with me. Today it took about 6 or 7 tries with at least 4 in the room at all times. The keep meta had started as I left the first room and was heading for the room with the graveling. I am not sure if the meta affects anything as nothing was going on the day before and I had as much trouble getting the plate to drop as I did today.

@Susy.7529 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

I don't have exact numbers but I think that the number of players who will complete all weapons so soon is not that big, I actively played these days but i'm only at 4/16, on the other hand the number of people who face the Purple Room bug (which may halt progress anyway if one has not preparred a Green teleport backup) everyday is far greater imho.Bugs that halt progress should take prececedence but not if there's another bug that affects a larger pool of players....

Well then we just disagree. Someone being unable to continue is always more important, no matter how many ppl are affected . . .

I also have a quick note on my experience in the purple room today, bc it ran contrary the conclusions I had drawn so far. I normally play off-peak, about six to nine hours after reset. So while I have had some populated maps while I was doing the plate rooms, I figured the reason I haven't had as much trouble as most ppl was bc I was mostly in lightly populated maps. But today I was on three hours after reset, had my plate and just couldn't resist so I went ahead and did the thing right after south meta. And sure enough, about a half-dozen players in the room when I got there. So I wasn't the first person in and other ppl had come in after me, yet I got my plate first try. So idk, I give up trying to figure it out . . .

Archived