Graveling in Catacombs Violet Room doesn't drop any plate. [Merged]

Hopefully they fix it today, or disable the purple room (today) from showing up in the rotation until they do fix it.

I got the purple room as my last room today and was totally panicked! I went in as someone was leaving and fought it with someone else already in there and it dropped for me. The person that was there said it was his 5th kill with nothing. I felt really bad. I think if I could have given him my plate, I would have. :disappointed:

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad I'm not the only one who got the purple plate in the purple room every time. And it got even worse. All other rooms that I previously unlocked, also had the PURPLE plate at every end. Absolutely frustrating. I switched maps so many times and there was always a purple plate waiting at the end of the sauna and the other lava room!Logged out with about 5mins of the light remaining, I hope this will be enough to find a port to the treasure room tomorrow.. I don't wanna waste another light again

So 6 days since this patch has come out, i have NOT gotten my end dwarven treasure cache 3 times due to the purple gate. Everytime i get the purple gate as my next plate, i take a deep breath cuz i've only ever gotten my green plate once out of it even with all the various strategies i've read here in the forums or in reddit. And so here i am wasted 3 days worth of loot, and Anet still has not addressed nor fixed this matter. And saving your plates does not matter anyway since you are still time gated by the dwarf to only be able to do it once a day. I'm sure i will never get compensated for those wasted days, at this point they are just artificially prolonging people's stay on this new map on top all the time gated stuff that they already put in place. Its quite depressing how its been almost a week and this still has not gotten fixed.

Has anyone officially confirmed that this is a bug and is being worked on?

Or is it just crappy design and is going to be left as it is?

Spent 40 minutes getting the plate today, and it was the first room I went to. So, was cheated out of most of the treasure and the daily hidden treasure finder achievement. Not huge losses, but still, feeling cheated.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:If I've understood all the comments from people (and perhaps I haven't because the circumstances are confusing):

• Post-story characters: no examples of trouble.
  • Pre-story characters: no examples of success. (These toons used teleport-to-friend or the portal scroll to reach the map.)
  • Mid-story characters: examples of success-with-difficulty, examples of no-successes.
  • Post-story characters who restarted story for chieves (and left it 'mid story'): examples of success-with-difficulty.

Is this correct? If you have a counter example, could you share it?

Counter example: I did it yesterday on a pre-story character. He got into the purple plate room legitimately as the 3rd room of the Dwarven Puzzle.

I must have helped kill that bloody graveling a dozen times or so, with varying outcomes. Sometimes, no plate dropped at all, for any of us. Most often I saw exactly one person walk away with a green plate on their back, despite the fact that there had been anywhere between 2 and 6 people in the fight. I finally got the green plate when I asked a newcomer to stay out of the fight so I could solo it. Luckily, I still had a few minutes left on the LoD buff by that time...

This needs to be fixed. Urgently. The graveling should never drop a purple plate. (I had that happen on another character who'd used a mesmer portal to get in for the PoI.) It should always drop a plate for anyone contributing to the fight who doesn't have a plate and is legitimately doing the puzzle, i.e. has handed a LoD plate to the ghost dwarf with that character on that day and hasn't finished the puzzle on that day; the color of the plate to be determined by that character's position in the puzzle sequence. It should refrain from dropping a plate only for people who are not legitimately doing the puzzle, i.e. they either did it already on this day, or they haven't handed a LoD plate to the ghost dwarf with that character on that day.

The current semi-random behaviour is entirely unacceptable.

The solution is SUPER SIMPLE, if those self-absorbed egotists would listen when you explain it to them:

• Only one person enters, everyone else waits outside (as in beyond the gate)
  • Person kills Graveling, receives plate.
  • Exits, next player enters, and so on.

BUT NO ONE LISTENS. It cost me 30 minutes of my time to get the two halves of the LoD, which are worth ~6g at this point, and then I couldn't finish my run, the LoD went out and I never received the final rewards needed for crafting the new weapons.

I am not going to enter this kitten map again until this has been fixed! Just reading people whining about the purple room in chat, when the solution is there and they are the problem, get's me angry beyond words.

I mean, what kind if design is this??? :angry: How can ANet allow this and not fix it in a week when it is the one thing everyone looks forward to the most each day on this map?? It is infuriating.

@Ashantara.8731 said:The solution is SUPER SIMPLE, if those self-absorbed egotists would listen when you explain it to them:

• Only one person enters, everyone else waits outside (as in beyond the gate)
  • Person kills Graveling, receives plate.
  • Exits, next player enters, and so on.

I understand your frustration, but1) As @Illconceived Was Na.9781 has shown by unsuccessfully soloing the graveling at least 9 times, soloing is not the cure, although it may help (as it apparently did in my case).2) The problem lies in the fact that the way the graveling currently works is contrary to quite literally any other fight in the whole game, where (modulo a few bugs with how contribution is calculated in very large fights) anyone who contributes to a fight beyond a rather low threshold will receive the rewards. Which leads to people, quite reasonably, assuming that anyone who claims something as outrageous as a requirement to solo the graveling has no idea what they're talking about (even if they may, in this case).

@Gudy.3607 said:I understand your frustration, but1) As @Illconceived Was Na.9781 has shown by unsuccessfully soloing the graveling at least 9 times, soloing is not the cure, although it may help (as it apparently did in my case).

Perhaps the mix of the Graveling having two mechanics at the same time, dropping that item for those who have entered the room with story mode active and the plate for everyone else, is causing the issue. I don't know. But still, just because it does not work for everyone doesn't mean that everyone is entitled to block the progress for those who do not have that issue when soloing the section.

2) The problem lies in the fact that the way the graveling currently works is contrary to quite literally any other fight in the whole game, where (modulo a few bugs with how contribution is calculated in very large fights) anyone who contributes to a fight beyond a rather low threshold will receive the rewards. Which leads to people, quite reasonably, assuming that anyone who claims something as outrageous as a requirement to solo the graveling has no idea what they're talking about (even if they may, in this case).

Maybe. In any case, ANet has to act now, because people are losing valuable daily loot and do the meta events in vain. That is unacceptable.

@"Ashantara.8731" said:In any case, ANet has to act now,They don't have to act any sooner than "when they're ready." In 6 months, a delay of a week or two isn't going to be anything worse than a memory of a really bad stubbed toe. It's annoying, incredibly annoying, but it's not game breaking. It doesn't prevent people from progressing; it just makes a single item a lot more difficult to obtain than it ought to be.

I agree that ANet should fix this, that they should reconsider the priority they've assigned coming up with a solution, even to the point of considering a different mechanic for the purple room. But it's not urgent; it's just important.

Felt unlucky when I got the purple plate for my first room today, then got the next plate on my second kill :)

Another issue that is developing now is that a growing number of players think they understand the problem and know a solution -- though ofc they don't all agree with each other -- and they are beginning to become frustrated with one another in chat. Anet sharing information about the problem and potential workarounds/impending fixes would help to alleviate this second issue . . .

Or maybe it will get patched today and we can all stop worrying about it :)

Same problem here, I can't seem to get plate from the purple room...From what I've saw is some people doesn't want to go out after getting the plate or just keep spamming it even though he/she did have the plate (I know some people also desperately want the plate as well, helping other player is fine but it ends up other person gets the plate...)I did tell them to move on after getting the plate but some of them just won't listen.Seriously, please fix this problem, I don't want to spend another half and hour just try to wait until the light of deldrimor is gone and I have to wait for another day to just to get the achievement done. This is frustrating. T^T

this bug can lead to some serious trolling if people stay in the room after they got the drop as it wont spawn till they leave the room, I just keep explaining the issue to people in map chat till it gets fixed. also try not overcrowd the room as it can lower the drop chance for people that been in there for a long time or find a quite time of the day or when a meta event on to go in. ive been doing my Mesmer duties portaling people into the next room if I get the drop and they been in a while so other mesmers do the same till this fixed

@Nightmare.1234 said:try not overcrowd the room as it can lower the drop chance for people that been in there for a long timeIt's not clear if this really matters. There are plenty of reports of multiple people getting a plate.

For example, we know that it doesn't always drop for solo players, sometimes not for 9 or 10 times in a row. If the chances are say 1-in-4 of a plate dropping while solo, then when there are four in the room, it's easy to see why only one might see it. If there are 20 in a room, it's possible that only one would get it. And if actually the expected 5 people got it, the other 15 might not know (since the plates others get are largely hidden from view).

I don't mean that this widely-held theory is wrong; I just mean let's be careful not to assume it's true just because so many people believe it to be so.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:If I've understood all the comments from people (and perhaps I haven't because the circumstances are confusing):

• Pre-story characters: no examples of success. (These toons used teleport-to-friend or the portal scroll to reach the map.)
  • Mid-story characters: examples of success-with-difficulty, examples of no-successes.
  • Post-story characters who restarted story for chieves (and left it 'mid story'): examples of success-with-difficulty.

I am post-story and still took 40 min to get the plate yesterday.

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:If I've understood all the comments from people (and perhaps I haven't because the circumstances are confusing):

I am post-story and still took 40 min to get the plate yesterday.

Grrr.Sorry for your troubles and thanks for the intel.

At this point, based on all the reports we've seen, I'm going to go with "it's randomly dropping for some people," without any reliable way to ensure it drops.

This happened to me yesterday and I didn't even realize how the rooms were supposed to work, so I just figured I had drawn an intentional dead-end. Anybody try contacting CS to see if they will restore your plate? Any chance of them automatically sending a replacement plate when the bug is fixed?

@"Kunzaito.8169" said:This happened to me yesterday and I didn't even realize how the rooms were supposed to work, so I just figured I had drawn an intentional dead-end. Anybody try contacting CS to see if they will restore your plate? Any chance of them automatically sending a replacement plate when the bug is fixed?

They’d have to reset the cooldown too as you can only use one plate per day. It’s unlikely that they’d even get back to you before the next reset.

The only solution at the moment is to get a port into the green room before the buff expires.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Nightmare.1234 said:try not overcrowd the room as it can lower the drop chance for people that been in there for a long timeIt's not clear if this really matters. There are plenty of reports of multiple people getting a plate.

For example, we know that it doesn't always drop for solo players, sometimes not for 9 or 10 times in a row. If the chances are say 1-in-4 of a plate dropping while solo, then when there are four in the room, it's easy to see why only one might see it. If there are 20 in a room, it's possible that only one would get it. And if actually the expected 5 people got it, the other 15 might not know (since the plates others get are largely hidden from view).

I don't mean that this widely-held theory is wrong; I just mean let's be careful not to assume it's true just because so many people believe it to be so.

maybe their multiple bugs at work on this if people getting different results, normally when I do it there a small group of 5 or less people in the room and we all tagged the mob and one person got the drop but they stayed to help fight the second spawn and no one got a drop I then noticed the person had it on their back (it clearly visible) I asked them leave when they left room the next mob kill gave 1 drop to a random person in who tagged the mob in the room, they then left and after that the next kill rewarded me with the drop, I had been in for 5 mins. don't know even if pressing the activation at the sarcophagus helps with next selection.

hopefully anet working on a fix thou. lucky I've only once got stuck in that room long enough for the light buff wear off. other times in there for 5-10 mins max

Everytime I go to the purple room there are several people killing the graveling over and over because they couldn't get the plate. I've never once gotten the plate at the first, or even third or fourth try and I've done this every day. Today I had my guildie port me in because after 20 mins I finally managed to get alone with it, but it kept giving me purple plates.

If they cannot fix the bug quick enough, whey they can't temporarily disable the purple room, or simply give players the plate when they interact with sarcophagus. It's already been a week.

Got up at 4 a.m. this morning. Only one other person was in the vicinity. Was alone in the purple tomb and received my plate without any issues - as usual when there aren't half a dozen kids in there who chain-spawn the Graveling.

Was very disappointed when I logged in to see no patch was being downloaded. I suppose this can only be done successfully in the middle of the night then, until the devs finally take care of the problem? :angry:

How about, in the meantime, you remove the purple tomb from the daily rotation? Just a thought...

Archived