Graveling in Catacombs Violet Room doesn't drop any plate. [Merged]

that bug happened for me also, it was when there were many people in there, I kept killing it maybe 20 times and it finally dropped it many people had left the room by that time. I made it to the final room with less than 2 mins to spare on my light of deldrimor to get the hidden chest. Then I went yesterday and got the graveling room again, there was just 1 other person in the room and they left while I was killing it and the plate dropped 1st try. Maybe has something to do with number of people in the room or amount of damage you do to the boss??

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have killed it 20 times today both solo and with a group. I then changed instance by going to the Guild Hall. Returned and it dropped the same color plate as room. Tried to use Guild Hall again to change instance, but my Light of Deldrimor had timed out so I wasted my daily meta plates for nothing. Please fix this bug!

@Aaralyna.3104 said:Got my Deldrimor plate, 1st room > purple. Killed the vet ranged, no drop (was someone else in room). Kill 2 melee style, no drop (still someone was in the room). Kill 3 ranged, I was alone in room, plate dropped.

Sideinfo: I have story done fully. On all attempts I killed the vet alone.

Thanks.

I also went back on a character that had completed the story and failed to get the plate.

What worked best for me so far is trying different instances of the map; that has been the fastest method I've found to date of getting one to drop. Simply killing the vet alone after a failed solo has never worked for me.

I have the idea it has to do with others being in same room. As if plate can only drop for 1 person in room per kill tops (regardless if other has plate already or not). Since it instant dropped when I was totally alone in the room.

The theory of entering room via mesmer without Deldrimor plate and getting no drop then may be something as well... but so far found bug happens too when you use no mesmer at all.

Maybe we can test if it insta drops for all individually when youre totally alone in purple room. Have to start somewhere ruling out things to help the devs find the bug and fix. If plate still doesnt drop when totally alone in room, we know this isnt the thing we are looking for.

I've had two days with significant issues with this room. And one day with no real issues getting the drop. All of them I have done post-story completion. Though yesterday I did restart the story chapter to do an achievement and quit the chapter after I was done hours earlier before reset (story was not on when I was doing the room).

First time I had issues was the first day. Never got the drop. But only stuck around for 6 kills or so. Since it was first day of the patch I assumed it was bugged and just didn't put any more time into it.

Second day I had the purple room. I got the plate to drop without even interacting with the sarcophagus. There was a lot of people in the room and one guy was a bit upset every time he was spawning the Graveling and not getting the drop. So I was just kinda help killing and waiting till the people thinned out. But noticed I got the drop after no one picked up one kill.

Third day I had the room and the second time with significant issue. I went in, it was empty. I spawned the Graveling. Then other people came in. Plate dropped for one of the people that just came in. Then 15 minutes later, 10+ kills and still no drop. Another individual took a while as well. But he eventually got it. But plenty of people just wandered in and barely damaged the Graveling and got a plate in that time. I summoned the Graveling at least 5 times out of all the kills we went through. There was a person with a plate already that was sticking around in the room; I wondered if that might break it, but their friend got the plate a handful of kills later so I guess not. I also swear there was a couple times that no plate dropped for any of us. There was three of us that were stuck together for a bit.

Tried leaving the room and coming back in, but no luck. At 2 minutes left on my light timer I had to bail and use a lfg taxi to get to the hoard room. Will definitely have to try relogging if I run into this issue again.

Still have yet to have the plate drop and spend 15+ minutes killing the graveling repeatedly before giving up 'cause the LoD buff won't last long enough to grab any other chests and the 5 VM from the graveling isn't worth sticking around for.

If not for people saying that the graveling drops the plate, I actually would have assumed it was a dead end room because it's something I have never seen.

Think the fact that it even drops for 1 person at a time is silly. And sounds unintended (I hope). This needs to be fixed, or if intended it needs to be redesigned.

I was killing it for 20min+ with another viper player {and 2 others who were silent} and we had no drops at all for the last 5min (the first 15m was basically other people getting the plate). The other guy hypothesised that it might be something stupid like, it doesn't count if killed by condi ticks. Anyway both of us timed out.

It may also be that, for some chars, it drops, but due to some glitch, you can't see it. This is in response to someone else saying in this thread that if you get bugged in that room, it will always be bugged unless you change instance.

It can't be the killing amount you do coz 1st time I was there (and had no clue what it was about), I attacked nothing as I was looking at sarcofagus and got a plate (which I didn't even use). Someone just mentioned I got a plate on my back. I still have a feeling it has to do with the 1 per room per kill of vet (and if rng says it goes to a person with already a plate on standing in the hallway, everyone else lucks out). Should this be ok if this really is true, no. It should be a bug then coz a lot of players can enter same room at same time. It should be easy to check if you get a guaranteed drop when you make sure you enter alone.

This is a daily issue for my friend and I. Anytime we get the purple room, at least one of us struggles to get a plate. We've both gotten and not gotten the plate at random times, didn't seem to matter if we were in party, squad, or solo; if we activated the sarcophagus or not; if the room was empty or not. It really needs to drop 100% for every person who touches the graveling. (Funny is how once I walked in the room, didn't touch the graveling, and a plate dropped before the thing even died). But today he couldn't get the drop until 35 mins - after that "light" went away. Make the light last a lot longer if it's gonna take that long just to get the drop.

The second time I tried the room with the vet I was unable to get a plate at all again. When I tried changing maps because my time was running out I found a map that had nobody else in it. When I killed the vet I got a plate that was the same color as the room I was in. Useless. There was nobody porting so I lost my Light of Deldrimor.

My guess here is that we're never going to be able to figure out the exact cause of the problem or even how this was originally intended to work. Anet will give us some sort of fix for it, probably fairly soon, and until then we've just got to hope for the best . . .

For today I said I was going to finish the story again before I did the plate rooms but I didn't. I was still between the first and second parts of the story and it was active, though ofc I have finished the story once on this toon already. Got purple as third room, entered with a bunch of other ppl still inside, suffered through several attempts with no drop, someone showed up to port ppl to treasure room and most but not all ppl in graveling room left, more failed attempts, I left the room and came back in and got the plate on first or maybe second kill. So however it works, leaving the room and coming back in may be as effective as switching instances. It's at least worth trying to avoid losing progress when you switch instances, depending on how much time you have remaining I guess . . .

I had this issue today with one player in the room killing it over and over again, with two other people also in the room, and the plate would not drop for any of us. It took me ten (!) minutes to get them to listen to me and leave the room, one person at a time. When I was finally by myself, I got the plate instantly upon killing the Vet.

@"Ruyah Bel.2470" said:I have killed it 20 times today both solo and with a group. I then changed instance by going to the Guild Hall. Returned and it dropped the same color plate as room. Tried to use Guild Hall again to change instance, but my Light of Deldrimor had timed out so I wasted my daily meta plates for nothing. Please fix this bug!

That must be what happened to me. I finally got a plate yesterday and wound up with the purple plate from the purple room so even though I got a plate it did me no good.

I hope they fix this soon, so frustrating and I think some people are purposefully trolling now. They know no one else will get a plate if they have one and are in the room. So they get the plate and then stay to "help" but then no one else will ever get the plate.

This is ridiculous. I was there long enough my timer was going to run out, so I gave up and went to LFG for a port in and got right in. This is what I'll be doing now when the purple room comes up as that mob is a waste of time. I'll gladly tip someone for a port to get the achieve done rather than kill that thing endlessly with no drop. Everything else is drop shared in this game except this one mob? Can't be working as intended.

Archived