New Warclaw requiring rank Gold or higher?

Edward H Angle.1407

@"Limodriver.4106" said:200 ranks a day ktrain in eotm is possible

People who play a game that hard are hardly the target audience for the WvW boost.

This is not commenting on if someone should or shouldn't do this. What I'm saying is: if only people this dedicated are the target audience, a 1 week double WvW reward is hardly necessary since people this "devoted" would get the mount anyway.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was hoping it would be platinum.

Gold rank is stupid easy to do, you can grind that out PPTing for 8 hours a day for a month or so with some boosters.

It would be better if they tied this in some way to kills. E.g. 125k kills or something, at least then it won't just make PvE players go into PPT monkeys until they grind it out and then leave the game mode forever thinking about how boring it is, when they only did the most boring parts of the game mode.

To bring players to WvW, making it too easy to obtain would have the opposite effect of that goal. This is the only game I've ever seen where the playerbase expects to get something basically immediately or with very little effort required. Why even make anything required then, just give it to everyone just for creating an account and get done with it.

I'd like them to add in nice rewards finally for people who hit max WvW rank, or have UD achievement unlocked. We don't even get an item for UD and it's probably one of the rarest if not the rarest achievements in the game considering the playerbase. Hitting Diamond Legend (10k) gives you the same crappy green and blue items that you get when you hit Rank 10. That's just stupid to me. WvW rewards are so shitty they would never, ever be able to bring players from other game modes.

@everyman.4375 said:

@Towelie.9504 said:I was hoping it would be platinum.

Gold rank is stupid easy to do, you can grind that out PPTing for 8 hours a day for a month or so with some boosters.

Ye only 8 hours a day, basicaly nothing.

Oh sorry, yeah nevermind lets just give it to anyone who makes an account. Heaven forbid it takes anyone more than a month to get an item in a game.

@Towelie.9504 said:

Ye only 8 hours a day, basicaly nothing.

Oh sorry, yeah nevermind lets just give it to anyone who makes an account. Heaven forbid it takes anyone more than a month to get an item in a game.

Playing for 8 hours a day for a month is totally unrealistic. (For most people, obviously there will always be a guy playing 15 hours a day)

no way it can be gold ranked, it would be ridiculous... and especially the fact that you can only the mount if you have PoF

so anet must have identified there is quite a portion of the player population with WvW hours logged do not have PoF, and the potential for additional revenue through skin sales to continue WvW development

newer players when they see the additional requirement of gold rank will just think "fuck that, taking too long, not gonna do WvW"

having that gold rank requirement is a slap in the face to the players, especially those just purchase PoF, and a stomp on their own feet

@"Towelie.9504" said:I was hoping it would be platinum.

It would be better if they tied this in some way to kills. E.g. 125k kills or something, at least then it won't just make PvE players go into PPT monkeys until they grind it out and then leave the game mode forever thinking about how boring it is, when they only did the most boring parts of the game mode.

To bring players to WvW, making it too easy to obtain would have the opposite effect of that goal. This is the only game I've ever seen where the playerbase expects to get something basically immediately or with very little effort required. Why even make anything required then, just give it to everyone just for creating an account and get done with it.

I'd like them to add in nice rewards finally for people who hit max WvW rank, or have UD achievement unlocked. We don't even get an item for UD and it's probably one of the rarest if not the rarest achievements in the game considering the playerbase. Hitting Diamond Legend (10k) gives you the same crappy green and blue items that you get when you hit Rank 10. That's just stupid to me. WvW rewards are so kitten they would never, ever be able to bring players from other game modes.

So only veterans or people who zerg can get the mount? PPT for 8 hours a day for a month? That is longer than getting all the other mounts combined, plus people have a life - not everyone can afford to sit in front of a computer playing a video game for 8 hours a day for an entire month.

Achieving Gold is not "creating an account and get done with it" - for newcomers it's a huge amount of time can only further dissuade them from the game mode.

I'm not saying having the mount as a reward for high ranked players is wrong (nor do I agree), I'm just saying to many people Gold is not easy to achieve and it takes time, and it's not as accessible as you think..

@Palador.2170 said:

@Limodriver.4106 said:200 ranks a day ktrain in eotm is possible

But that map is a ghost town. ?

Currently, yes.

If ANet is smart, however, they'll make it possible to go there and earn it. If it needs something from one of the other WvW maps, they've messed up.

It would require some tweaking. Most people don't run it anymore due to lack of pips. If it gave pips at a lesser amount than other maps you'd get more people. As it usually just a zerg run.

@Edward H Angle.1407 said:

To bring players to WvW, making it too easy to obtain would have the opposite effect of that goal. This is the only game I've ever seen where the playerbase
expects
to get something basically immediately or with very little effort required. Why even make anything required then, just give it to everyone just for creating an account and get done with it.

I'd like them to add in nice rewards finally for people who hit max WvW rank, or have UD achievement unlocked. We don't even get an item for UD and it's probably one of the rarest if not the rarest achievements in the game considering the playerbase. Hitting Diamond Legend (10k) gives you the same crappy green and blue items that you get when you hit Rank 10. That's just stupid to me. WvW rewards are so kitten they would never, ever be able to bring players from other game modes.

Just a quick read and its clear that you don't have the experience to qualify for an opinion in this thread. Most of my guild members are mithril or diamond with UD 2-3 times over having, played wvw for 6+ years. Your 125K requirement is nothing, most of our entry rank level guild members are well over that mark.

Plus if you only expect to PPT for 8 hrs a day, its obvious that you play in a pleb T4 server with poor coverage outside of NA prime.

What server are you on?

@Voltekka.2375 said:

To bring players to WvW, making it too easy to obtain would have the opposite effect of that goal. This is the only game I've ever seen where the playerbase
expects
to get something basically immediately or with very little effort required. Why even make anything required then, just give it to everyone just for creating an account and get done with it.

Just a quick read and its clear that you don't have the experience to qualify for an opinion in this thread. Most of my guild members are mithril or diamond with UD 2-3 times over having, played wvw for 6+ years. Your 125K requirement is nothing, most of our entry rank level guild members are well over that mark.

Plus if you only expect to PPT for 8 hrs a day, its obvious that you play in a pleb T4 server with poor coverage outside of NA prime.

What server are you on?

How many guilds do you know of that has so many elite members like me? If you are even a remotely true WvWer, you would know.

I think there should be a pre-requisite rank involved, there was for the backpiece and armor, so I don't see that the mount would be any different.

A pre-requisite eliminates the possibility of rank 10''s coming in, getting the mount and leaving. A higher pre-requisite (like gold) eliminates the possibility of Bronze and Silvers resetting their abilities and simply pushing all points into the mount.

All current abilities can be maxed at mid Silver, so having a starting point for this mount, such as you need to be Gold to even obtain makes sense in that IF it requires 100's of additional points to fully utilize the mount skills that MAY be included OR added in the future ensures that everyone that atleast gets the mount in the first place actually had already put in some effort first.

@Edward H Angle.1407 said:

expects

What server are you on?

How many guilds do you know of that has so many elite members like me? If you are even a remotely true WvWer, you would know.

Vabbi i would presume. And please stop with the elitist attitude in the forums, things are childish enough ingame.

Given that the purpose of the mount is to sell a) skins and b) the Path of Fire Expansion, it seems highly unlikely ANEt will set anything but the very lowest bar. I would imagine it will be on a level with either the ranks required for Gliding (the exact equivalent from the HoT era) or the Catmander tag.

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:I think there should be a pre-requisite rank involved, there was for the backpiece and armor, so I don't see that the mount would be any different.

Like I said earlier in the thread, the mount has a functional purpose.The armor and back are mostly cosmetic. That's a HUGE difference. GW has never been about big grind to unlock skills/features, and grinding to gold from scratch would be basically the longest grind in the game of that type.

A pre-requisite eliminates the possibility of rank 10''s coming in, getting the mount and leaving. A higher pre-requisite (like gold) eliminates the possibility of Bronze and Silvers resetting their abilities and simply pushing all points into the mount.

All current abilities can be maxed at mid Silver, so having a starting point for this mount, such as you need to be Gold to even obtain makes sense in that IF it requires 100's of additional points to fully utilize the mount skills that MAY be included OR added in the future ensures that everyone that atleast gets the mount in the first place actually had already put in some effort first.

Why do you want people in WVW who don't really want to be there in the first place though? What does that actually do to the health of the game mode?

It should be like a Black Friday sale. You advertise a cheap TV that maybe you break even on. The real goal is to get people to buy other items while they are in the store. You just need to get them in the door in the first place to make those extra sales. Same with mounts. Some will just go into WVW and never step foot in it again once they get the mount, but some will stay because they actually like it. Those are the ones you want playing WVW long term. And it doesn't take grinding 1000 ranks to figure out if WVW is for you.

Archived