New Warclaw requiring rank Gold or higher?

Edward H Angle.1407

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Cyninja.2954 said:I doubt rank xyz is achievable in 1 week of bonus wvw experience. The official announcement reads as follows:

WvW Weeklong Bonus

To get you in the saddle quickly
, you’ll earn double WXP when playing in WvW from February 26 to March 5.

It stands to reason that it is another track similar to how gliding required some ranks to be purchased.

Does this exclude the possibility of a minimum rank? No.

Does a minimum rank make sense from a monetization perspective? No.

We will see on tuesday.

Yours is the most likely answer. Probably need 15 or 20 points to unlock and then scale up for the extra abilities. I'm sure by rank 15 during an event week most will have decided whether or not they want to keep playing WvW.

I don't think there's going to be a minimum Rank to acquire the mount, however, I think it may be a simple set of WvW achievements, including a certain amount of rank gains to get Warclaw.That or it'll require a minimum rank (low rank imo) to unlock a reward track for it. /shrugWe'll see on Tuesday.If this is a way to get more people to try WvW, they've already got the 'higher' rewards of the Mistforged armor/Legendary set. So low-balling this mount would suit better to not offend the general player base. People need enticing to try new things and if this mount gets more people to try WvW, then great. Maybe they'll stay. That's the point.Plus, once the Alliance system is in place, there will be no World transferring, so Anet needed to place something into WvW to offset that loss of Gem sales. Insert Warclaw Mountfits.

@OhHellzNo.1268 said:

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:I think there should be a pre-requisite rank involved, there was for the backpiece and armor, so I don't see that the mount would be any different.

Like I said earlier in the thread, the mount has a functional purpose.The armor and back are mostly cosmetic. That's a HUGE difference. GW has never been about big grind to unlock skills/features, and grinding to gold from scratch would be basically the longest grind in the game of that type.

A pre-requisite eliminates the possibility of rank 10''s coming in, getting the mount and leaving. A higher pre-requisite (like gold) eliminates the possibility of Bronze and Silvers resetting their abilities and simply pushing all points into the mount.

All current abilities can be maxed at mid Silver, so having a starting point for this mount, such as you need to be Gold to even obtain makes sense in that IF it requires 100's of additional points to fully utilize the mount skills that MAY be included OR added in the future ensures that everyone that atleast gets the mount in the first place actually had already put in some effort first.

Why do you want people in WVW who don't really want to be there in the first place though? What does that actually do to the health of the game mode?

It should be like a Black Friday sale. You advertise a cheap TV that maybe you break even on. The real goal is to get people to buy other items while they are in the store. You just need to get them in the door in the first place to make those extra sales. Same with mounts. Some will just go into WVW and never step foot in it again once they get the mount, but some will stay because they actually like it. Those are the ones you want playing WVW long term. And it doesn't take grinding 1000 ranks to figure out if WVW is for you.

Disgreeing is one thing, disecting my post and trying to turn it into a newbie hate poster is another. I said I think a prerequsite makes sense, I agree with it and I think it should require atleast SOME work to get, but I never said it should require gold, I only used that as an example BECAUSE that's what's in the OP.

@"Dilligaf Wyt.1867" said:In order to get the warclaw mount you need to finish the hero weapon reward track and then purchase an ascended Mistforged weapon.Then take this weapon to Eternal Battle Grounds and stand at the gates of Stonemist castle when your server owns it.Now raise the sword high and yell "By the Power of Stonemist" and the mount will appear next to you.

Lmao,im gonna steal your joke,its mine now.

@Towelie.9504 said:

@Towelie.9504 said:I was hoping it would be platinum.

Gold rank is stupid easy to do, you can grind that out PPTing for 8 hours a day for a month or so with some boosters.

Ye only 8 hours a day, basicaly nothing.

Oh sorry, yeah nevermind lets just give it to anyone who makes an account. Heaven forbid it takes anyone more than a month to get an item in a game.

What I currently do for 8 hours a day is far more important than any digital item in an online computer game. If it isn't the same for you, I'd suggest some changes.

@"steki.1478" said:I don't see it requiring more than rank 300.

took me 6 months to get that much, the spike was during the double wxp weekend, and i was practically playing like 12 hoursthe very average GW2 players will probably just spend like at most 2-3 hours in WvW on weekdays, and depending on your opponents and the commanderyou could be stuck 3-5 hours to get 2 levels if there's only a single zerg on your server and getting face rolled by the opposing zerg within seconds with the current zerg meta (firebrand+scourge bomb+WoD)Ll2TXdO.png

for 50%+ of the player population linked their account with GW2Efficiency, it takes 4000+ hours to get 300 ranksThis would be a huge disadvantage for severs with less WvW focus servers or have more newer player population doing WvW, as the mount enables faster traverse over terrains, this translates to response to cap and defend, those have more men on foot have a massive disadvantageisj4A5H.png

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

@everyman.4375 said:If it's locked behind rank nobody's going to try WvW again, imagine you're new, you get into WvW and you can't follow any zerg because they all have the mount.

Don't worry, same thing will happen to the people that don't have pof.

Except not having PoF basically makes you the equivalent of an F2P player. If you're not paying you can't expect all new content to work for you, same as new elite specs, new stat combos, new living story or whatever.

Also needing to own the newest expansion (that has been out for almost 2 years now) isn't really comparable to having to be rank 1.4k or w/e gold is that people suggest. I play this game basically exclusively for WvW (even if I do other things too but I wouldn't quit over them disappearing) and have done so since release of HoT and I am only just now getting close to gold rank. Yet if I was a zergling I'd be rank 10000 by now easily, locking behind rank would be a way of truly screwing over non-zerglings, locking it behind tickets or reward tracks would be acceptable.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:I don't think there's going to be a minimum Rank to acquire the mount, however, I think it may be a simple set of WvW achievements, including a certain amount of rank gains to get Warclaw.That or it'll require a minimum rank (low rank imo) to unlock a reward track for it. /shrugWe'll see on Tuesday.If this is a way to get more people to try WvW, they've already got the 'higher' rewards of the Mistforged armor/Legendary set. So low-balling this mount would suit better to not offend the general player base. People need enticing to try new things and if this mount gets more people to try WvW, then great. Maybe they'll stay. That's the point.Plus, once the Alliance system is in place, there will be no World transferring, so Anet needed to place something into WvW to offset that loss of Gem sales. Insert Warclaw Mountfits.

I think the reason ANet will do a minimum rank, like Gold, is so that new players can get easily killed and beaten down by the vets who chase them down on the mounts. That way they feel the awe and the power mounts bring and feel motivated to keep playing WvW, thus improving its population.

@"oOStaticOo.9467" said:Most of you are just posting out of spite for this. It will more than likely be locked behind PoF and Mastery points, maybe something along the lines of locating the mount somewhere in WvW and performing a small task to obtain it.

I'd be pretty surprised if it was locked behind masteries. The first two PvE mastery things that spring to mind ( gliding and auto-loot) are both locked behind skill points even if you have the mastery tracks finished. Gating it behind masteries would prevent it being "available exclusively in WvW".

@Huli.9740 said:

@"oOStaticOo.9467" said:Most of you are just posting out of spite for this. It will more than likely be locked behind PoF and Mastery points, maybe something along the lines of locating the mount somewhere in WvW and performing a small task to obtain it.

I'd be pretty surprised if it was locked behind masteries. The first two PvE mastery things that spring to mind ( gliding and auto-loot) are both locked behind skill points even if you have the mastery tracks finished. Gating it behind masteries would prevent it being "available exclusively in WvW".

Standard masteries, yes. But WvW rank masteries are a different beast. That may be more of the process

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Standard masteries, yes. But WvW rank masteries are a different beast. That may be more of the process

My sources say the mount is locked behind a collection, similar to the roller beetle, however, the collection has WvW related items to gather, and one of them requires to be purchased from the skirmish vendor and is gated behind ranks (Gold)

@Edward H Angle.1407 said:

My sources say the mount is locked behind a collection, similar to the roller beetle, however, the collection has WvW related items to gather, and one of them requires to be purchased from the skirmish vendor and is gated behind ranks (Gold)

If that is true, I will get my popcorn and pizza ready, but I am not sure my blood pressure will be able to deal with the huge amount of salt from the... well let’s just say the ‘lower ranked crowd’..

I also wonder if the number of new threads in the general discussion thread about that will rival the Warclaw threads in the WvW section.

@"Towelie.9504" said:I was hoping it would be platinum.

Gold rank is stupid easy to do, you can grind that out PPTing for 8 hours a day for a month or so with some boosters.

It would be better if they tied this in some way to kills. E.g. 125k kills or something, at least then it won't just make PvE players go into PPT monkeys until they grind it out and then leave the game mode forever thinking about how boring it is, when they only did the most boring parts of the game mode.

To bring players to WvW, making it too easy to obtain would have the opposite effect of that goal. This is the only game I've ever seen where the playerbase
expects
to get something basically immediately or with very little effort required. Why even make anything required then, just give it to everyone just for creating an account and get done with it.

I'd like them to add in nice rewards finally for people who hit max WvW rank, or have UD achievement unlocked. We don't even get an item for UD and it's probably one of the rarest if not the rarest achievements in the game considering the playerbase. Hitting Diamond Legend (10k) gives you the same crappy green and blue items that you get when you hit Rank 10. That's just stupid to me. WvW rewards are so kitten they would never, ever be able to bring players from other game modes.

Just a quick read and its clear that you don't have the experience to qualify for an opinion in this thread. Most of my guild members are mithril or diamond with UD 2-3 times over having, played wvw for 6+ years. Your 125K requirement is nothing, most of our entry rank level guild members are well over that mark.

Plus if you only expect to PPT for 8 hrs a day, its obvious that you play in a pleb T4 server with poor coverage outside of NA prime.

What server are you on?

How many guilds do you know of that has so many elite members like me? If you are even a remotely true WvWer, you would know.

I have been on Kaineng from the start, and have both fought against CD and we were paired with you in the past.

And I have never heard of you at all.

There are no 'famous' people in WvW, just the tag of the day and nameless blobs.

And there is no way it will be gated behind gold rank. Bronze AT MOST. As I correctly predicted in the announcement of the announcement thread they are doing this to push PoF sales more and to sell skins to the skin collectors in PvE.

There is no way they will make them work for the shiny. Remember, the "Legendary" backpack needed only rank 350, because god forbid they keep the skin-chasers from having to work for it (I'm frankly amazed they stuck to their guns on the Legendary Armor ranks, but they look like a poor copy of the PvE ones from Raids anyway).

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

@"Towelie.9504" said:I was hoping it would be platinum.

It would be better if they tied this in some way to kills. E.g. 125k kills or something, at least then it won't just make PvE players go into PPT monkeys until they grind it out and then leave the game mode forever thinking about how boring it is, when they only did the most boring parts of the game mode.

To bring players to WvW, making it too easy to obtain would have the opposite effect of that goal. This is the only game I've ever seen where the playerbase
expects
to get something basically immediately or with very little effort required. Why even make anything required then, just give it to everyone just for creating an account and get done with it.

I'd like them to add in nice rewards finally for people who hit max WvW rank, or have UD achievement unlocked. We don't even get an item for UD and it's probably one of the rarest if not the rarest achievements in the game considering the playerbase. Hitting Diamond Legend (10k) gives you the same crappy green and blue items that you get when you hit Rank 10. That's just stupid to me. WvW rewards are so kitten they would never, ever be able to bring players from other game modes.

Just a quick read and its clear that you don't have the experience to qualify for an opinion in this thread. Most of my guild members are mithril or diamond with UD 2-3 times over having, played wvw for 6+ years. Your 125K requirement is nothing, most of our entry rank level guild members are well over that mark.

Plus if you only expect to PPT for 8 hrs a day, its obvious that you play in a pleb T4 server with poor coverage outside of NA prime.

What server are you on?

How many guilds do you know of that has so many elite members like me? If you are even a remotely true WvWer, you would know.

I have been on Kaineng from the start, and have both fought against CD and we were paired with you in the past.

And I have never heard of you at all.

There are no 'famous' people in WvW, just the tag of the day and nameless blobs.

And there is no way it will be gated behind gold rank. Bronze
AT MOST.
As I
they are doing this to push PoF sales more and to sell skins to the skin collectors in PvE.

There is no way they will make them work for the shiny. Remember, the "Legendary" backpack needed only rank 350, because god forbid they keep the skin-chasers from having to work for it (I'm frankly amazed they stuck to their guns on the Legendary Armor ranks, but they look like a poor copy of the PvE ones from Raids anyway).

I have personally never heard of you either, that's probably because there is many new players like you around and I wouldn't be able to mental note of everyone, especially those that are not UD + Diamond legend. We do steamroll random gank squad mirages routinely, but usually we move on so fast that they probably wouldn't have time to see who we were.

What a ridiculous thread. I've played this game longer than you've been alive (7 years) and am only rank 1505 (gold assaulter) so I would just barely qualify for the mount? WvW has been my main game mode since release but my friends and I A. Don't blob and B. Don't PPT. Anyone who is diamond legend is abusing the game mode in some way (server hopping, EotM farming, playing disgusting zerg classes like necro or rev or siege humping) and certainly should not be considered "high rank" in my book.

@"Ruufio.1496" said:What a ridiculous thread. I've played this game longer than you've been alive (7 years) and am only rank 1505 (gold assaulter) so I would just barely qualify for the mount? WvW has been my main game mode since release but my friends and I A. Don't blob and B. Don't PPT. Anyone who is diamond legend is abusing the game mode in some way (server hopping, EotM farming, playing disgusting zerg classes like necro or rev or siege humping) and certainly should not be considered "high rank" in my book.

It is clear that you are fabricating numerous alternate facts in this post. First, the game has only been out for 6.5 years and obviously no one have been playing for 7 years. Secondly, I am older than 7 years of age, so that is also false. Thirdly, looking at your past comments, you have a history of falsifying facts in this forum. Fourthly, how I got to Diamond Legend with UD 2.5x is not your business and should not be downplayed as "PPT" or "blob", that is a very immature thing to say.

Please do not try to troll my threads with your fabricated tales in the future, it is not very nice.

Even tho you don't agree with one of my guildmates, everyone to their opinions.He just havoks period , we spend some nights just camping a camp fighting until we get overrun...playing WvW diff. then most but still a WvW vet.

I see EL nsp tag in here and Hunt from Kain, we often fight them off and on for hours on end without capping much to increase WvW ranks.

Anyways just trying to give you a 2nd person insight on my friend view bro

Archived