New Warclaw requiring rank Gold or higher?

Edward H Angle.1407

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Jeknar.6184 Guessing you want his life history? Maybe people take breaks, step away from the game, who the fuck knows. Hell I didn't play for 2 years and im still over 3k and all I've really ever done is roam. If your Diamond rank you've definitely got your blob on or humped EOTM quite a bit in the old days, not that anything is wrong with that though I guess, to each their own?!

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@"Towelie.9504" said:I was hoping it would be platinum.

Gold rank is stupid easy to do, you can grind that out PPTing for 8 hours a day for a month or so with some boosters.

It would be better if they tied this in some way to kills. E.g. 125k kills or something, at least then it won't just make PvE players go into PPT monkeys until they grind it out and then leave the game mode forever thinking about how boring it is, when they only did the most boring parts of the game mode.

To bring players to WvW, making it too easy to obtain would have the opposite effect of that goal. This is the only game I've ever seen where the playerbase
expects
to get something basically immediately or with very little effort required. Why even make anything required then, just give it to everyone just for creating an account and get done with it.

I'd like them to add in nice rewards finally for people who hit max WvW rank, or have UD achievement unlocked. We don't even get an item for UD and it's probably one of the rarest if not the rarest achievements in the game considering the playerbase. Hitting Diamond Legend (10k) gives you the same crappy green and blue items that you get when you hit Rank 10. That's just stupid to me. WvW rewards are so kitten they would never, ever be able to bring players from other game modes.

Just a quick read and its clear that you don't have the experience to qualify for an opinion in this thread. Most of my guild members are mithril or diamond with UD 2-3 times over having, played wvw for 6+ years. Your 125K requirement is nothing, most of our entry rank level guild members are well over that mark.

Plus if you only expect to PPT for 8 hrs a day, its obvious that you play in a pleb T4 server with poor coverage outside of NA prime.

What server are you on?

How many guilds do you know of that has so many elite members like me? If you are even a remotely true WvWer, you would know.

I have been on Kaineng from the start, and have both fought against CD and we were paired with you in the past.

And I have never heard of you at all.

There are no 'famous' people in WvW, just the tag of the day and nameless blobs.

And there is no way it will be gated behind gold rank. Bronze
AT MOST.
As I
they are doing this to push PoF sales more and to sell skins to the skin collectors in PvE.

There is no way they will make them work for the shiny. Remember, the "Legendary" backpack needed only rank 350, because god forbid they keep the skin-chasers from having to work for it (I'm frankly amazed they stuck to their guns on the Legendary Armor ranks, but they look like a poor copy of the PvE ones from Raids anyway).

I have personally never heard of you either, that's probably because there is many new players like you around and I wouldn't be able to mental note of everyone, especially those that are not UD + Diamond legend. We do steamroll random gank squad mirages routinely, but usually we move on so fast that they probably wouldn't have time to see who we were.

Oh youre NA? Sorry, I thought you were an actual elitist, by how you write, thats why i thought you were Vabbi. Maybe even wsr. Apologies.

Apology accepted :) Unfortunately you still don't know what server or even region I'm on, based on the vast amounts of hints available. I can only imagine you are relatively new to WvW, which is totally okay, we all were at one point. Feel free to message me in game for advice on builds and suchs, always here to help!

@Edward H Angle.1407 said:

Gold rank is stupid easy to do, you can grind that out PPTing for 8 hours a day for a month or so with some boosters.

It would be better if they tied this in some way to kills. E.g. 125k kills or something, at least then it won't just make PvE players go into PPT monkeys until they grind it out and then leave the game mode forever thinking about how boring it is, when they only did the most boring parts of the game mode.

To bring players to WvW, making it too easy to obtain would have the opposite effect of that goal. This is the only game I've ever seen where the playerbase
expects
to get something basically immediately or with very little effort required. Why even make anything required then, just give it to everyone just for creating an account and get done with it.

I'd like them to add in nice rewards finally for people who hit max WvW rank, or have UD achievement unlocked. We don't even get an item for UD and it's probably one of the rarest if not the rarest achievements in the game considering the playerbase. Hitting Diamond Legend (10k) gives you the same crappy green and blue items that you get when you hit Rank 10. That's just stupid to me. WvW rewards are so kitten they would never, ever be able to bring players from other game modes.

Just a quick read and its clear that you don't have the experience to qualify for an opinion in this thread. Most of my guild members are mithril or diamond with UD 2-3 times over having, played wvw for 6+ years. Your 125K requirement is nothing, most of our entry rank level guild members are well over that mark.

Plus if you only expect to PPT for 8 hrs a day, its obvious that you play in a pleb T4 server with poor coverage outside of NA prime.

What server are you on?

How many guilds do you know of that has so many elite members like me? If you are even a remotely true WvWer, you would know.

I have been on Kaineng from the start, and have both fought against CD and we were paired with you in the past.

There are no 'famous' people in WvW, just the tag of the day and nameless blobs.

AT MOST.
As I
they are doing this to push PoF sales more and to sell skins to the skin collectors in PvE.

There is no way they will make them work for the shiny. Remember, the "Legendary" backpack needed only rank 350, because god forbid they keep the skin-chasers from having to work for it (I'm frankly amazed they stuck to their guns on the Legendary Armor ranks, but they look like a poor copy of the PvE ones from Raids anyway).

I have personally never heard of you either, that's probably because there is many new players like you around and I wouldn't be able to mental note of everyone, especially those that are not UD + Diamond legend. We do steamroll random gank squad mirages routinely, but usually we move on so fast that they probably wouldn't have time to see who we were.

Oh youre NA? Sorry, I thought you were an actual elitist, by how you write, thats why i thought you were Vabbi. Maybe even wsr. Apologies.

Apology accepted :) Unfortunately you still don't know what server or even region I'm on, based on the vast amounts of hints available. I can only imagine you are relatively new to WvW, which is totally okay, we all were at one point. Feel free to message me in game for advice on builds and suchs, always here to help!

expects

What server are you on?

AT MOST.
As I

expects

What server are you on?

AT MOST.
As I

expects

What server are you on?

AT MOST.
As I

expects

What server are you on?

AT MOST.
As I

Yeah i am a newb, sadly. Cant even empower on my scourge. Perplexity runes work wonder on scourge btw

@Voltekka.2375 said:

expects

What server are you on?

AT MOST.
As I

expects

What server are you on?

AT MOST.
As I

expects

What server are you on?

AT MOST.
As I

expects

What server are you on?

AT MOST.
As I

expects

What server are you on?

AT MOST.
As I

Yeah i am a newb, sadly. Cant even empower on my scourge. Perplexity runes work wonder on scourge btw

You should not put yourself down like that, with unfair terms such as "newbs". It's okay to be a newer player that is learning WvW. We all were at some point. Keep working on it! :)

Making it locked being rank, would exclude new players, and anet must be aware of that(last I I said, its impossible they will bring mounts so who knows).Most prolly imo are:reward track and little collections. In this collection there would be something like: escort/kill dollies, help to gain a friendship of halliek or something like that.If it's collection, anet should be aware, that some servers will dominate others so it can't be about taking keeps etc.

If you tie the mount to a level you run the risk of orphaning newer players.

Out roaming this month and while roaming ran into two players that were literally brand new to WvW. I was happy they had questions and they trailed along as I roamed and I answered questions about WvW. They were interested in the game mode and hadn't had too much time to try it so they were doing so. Had the same thing occur reset a couple of weeks before where someone joined our open havoc. They ran with us for a few hours as we ran and were also new and curious how often and how long these things ran. They were happy to hear that WvW was a 24 hour event and its a login in whenever and find a dust up kind of world.

The point is if we lock mounts behind a level we will end up with the people that are new and are again excluded. Why would I not want to encourage people from coming back out. Its rare that I have seen people say we need less people in WvW, unless you are on a server that's population is always queue. More the merrier in the borderlands. So if they were lock it behind a level, we need to make sure its reasonably achievable.

@Towelie.9504 said:

@"steki.1478" said:I don't see it requiring more than rank 300.

took me 6 months to get that much, the spike was during the double wxp weekend, and i was practically playing like 12 hoursthe very average GW2 players will probably just spend like at most 2-3 hours in WvW on weekdays, and depending on your opponents and the commanderyou could be stuck 3-5 hours to get 2 levels if there's only a single zerg on your server and getting face rolled by the opposing zerg within seconds with the current zerg meta (firebrand+scourge bomb+WoD)
Ll2TXdO.png

for 50%+ of the player population linked their account with GW2Efficiency, it takes 4000+ hours to get 300 ranksThis would be a huge disadvantage for severs with less WvW focus servers or have more newer player population doing WvW, as the mount enables faster traverse over terrains, this translates to response to cap and defend, those have more men on foot have a massive disadvantage
isj4A5H.png

Those numbers are heavily skewed and entirely wrong to make that conclusion because pve weenies enter WvW every so often like once a year. It doesn't take 4000+ hours
in wvw
to get 300 ranks. That's their entire account's play hours and it's including people who have never even set foot in WvW within those statistics. That's not even a useful conclusion in any way at all.

4000+ hours in wvw would be like easily into the 3-4k+ rank area if not higher. 4000 hours is like 166 days of
constant playing
, so we're talking about
years
4-5 hours/day playing to get 4000+ hours on an account. If you're only rank 300 after
4000 hours in wvw
you're likely the most brain dead person in the entire world or just AFK at spawn literally the entire time. Some people can grind out 100 ranks within
a week
of not even hardcore (8+ hours) of constant playing and only casual (3ish or so of 5 of the 7 days of week).

Next time put more than 5 minutes of thought into it before you try to use some overblown statistics. Rank 300 is so incredibly easy to attain it's laughable, my alt alone is over rank 300 and I barely even log into it and I've had it less than a year.

Also the assumption that there are servers with a proportionally higher amount of newer players is completely speculative and isn't backed by literally anything. It's way more likely that the population distribution is the same or similar across almost all servers where maybe Black Gate could be the outlier, especially now that we have relinks every month.

Also if it took you 6 months to get to rank 300 at "12 hours a day" you're either completely exaggerating on your play hours in WvW or logging in during the most dead 12 hours of the game mode, in which case maybe you should go to EU servers (or to NA if on EU). To take 6 months to get to rank 300 is obscene, and you're likely the outlier.

I just checked my own account, rank 4500+ btw with UD (250k+ kills) and my
entire account
playtime is 5473 hours, and a HUGE portion of that playtime wasn't in WvW. Apparently, I am just a complete god at WvW who can gather WvW ranks 10x faster than everyone else.

I'm playing wvw (mainly roaming) for about a year and I just made silver rank. Maybe 30% of time or less was on boosters. I have wasted some time on dueling etc, but still, grinding lvls in wvw is not a fast process. I doubt if I will make gold to fast, it's not my aim atm. Especially for new ppl, lvling will take a long time.

@"Ruufio.1496" said:What a ridiculous thread. I've played this game longer than you've been alive (7 years) and am only rank 1505 (gold assaulter) so I would just barely qualify for the mount? WvW has been my main game mode since release but my friends and I A. Don't blob and B. Don't PPT. Anyone who is diamond legend is abusing the game mode in some way (server hopping, EotM farming, playing disgusting zerg classes like necro or rev or siege humping) and certainly should not be considered "high rank" in my book.

Just make it 10k diamond + UD. solves the problem, most of us wont have the mounts as many wished.

@Towelie.9504 said:I love that idea :+1:

I don't support that idea. Although I would easily qualify given my UD 2.5x status and diamond legend, I would not want to exclude most of the player base from accessing mounts. It seems like ANet agrees with me as well, seeing that they designed to have the players earn it through Gold rank.

@Tiny Doom.4380 said:Given that the purpose of the mount is to sell a) skins and b) the Path of Fire Expansion, it seems highly unlikely ANEt will set anything but the very lowest bar. I would imagine it will be on a level with either the ranks required for Gliding (the exact equivalent from the HoT era) or the Catmander tag.

^ This guy gets it....its a business so why the heck would ANET limit the population that they can sell mount skins to from the Gemstore?

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Towelie.9504 said:I was hoping it would be platinum.

Ye only 8 hours a day, basicaly nothing.

Oh sorry, yeah nevermind lets just give it to anyone who makes an account. Heaven forbid it takes anyone more than a month to get an item in a game.

What I currently do for 8 hours a day is far more important than any digital item in an online computer game. If it isn't the same for you, I'd suggest some changes.

Yeah okay, way to completely avoid the discussion to rub your McDonalds job into people's faces Mr Fancy Pants :+1: :+1:

I don't believe the mount should be at all linked to high ranks, or seen as just a 'prestigious' item. It is simply another way of getting around, attacking, and apparently as siege to some extent. There are other games with wvw-type play where mounts are just a part of the gameplay, which seems to work for them. I've never considered mounts in wvw -- but heck, I didn't ever see gliding as possible, but now I can't see wvw without it. I would hope that mounts will be a new skill in the attributes, like they did with gliding.
Yes, I have reservations of how mounts will affect my wvw play, but I'm willing to keep an open mind and hope that there will be some fun and interesting gameplay as a result of the addition of a mount. And I hope that this move will attract new players to wvw, whether casual or 'full-time', since any game type needs a constant infusion of new players to keep it active.

@"Ruufio.1496" said:What a ridiculous thread. I've played this game longer than you've been alive (7 years) and am only rank 1505 (gold assaulter) so I would just barely qualify for the mount? WvW has been my main game mode since release but my friends and I A. Don't blob and B. Don't PPT. Anyone who is diamond legend is abusing the game mode in some way (server hopping, EotM farming, playing disgusting zerg classes like necro or rev or siege humping) and certainly should not be considered "high rank" in my book.

Even though OP is a troll, I wouldn't say that someone who is diamond legend is abusing the game mode. I'm an ex-zergling who quit zerging for roaming back in 2016 as a Mithril rank, and haven't stepped back into blobbing since. Of course my kill numbers have suffered but the ranks did not dry up. These days I'm rank 9.8k and looking to finish my ranks during the upcoming bonus weekend.

Also, how does playing a revenant equal a "disgusting zerg class?" As if people can't roam on rev.

@Towelie.9504 said:

took me 6 months to get that much, the spike was during the double wxp weekend, and i was practically playing like 12 hoursthe very average GW2 players will probably just spend like at most 2-3 hours in WvW on weekdays, and depending on your opponents and the commanderyou could be stuck 3-5 hours to get 2 levels if there's only a single zerg on your server and getting face rolled by the opposing zerg within seconds with the current zerg meta (firebrand+scourge bomb+WoD)
Ll2TXdO.png

for 50%+ of the player population linked their account with GW2Efficiency, it takes 4000+ hours to get 300 ranksThis would be a huge disadvantage for severs with less WvW focus servers or have more newer player population doing WvW, as the mount enables faster traverse over terrains, this translates to response to cap and defend, those have more men on foot have a massive disadvantage
isj4A5H.png

Those numbers are heavily skewed and entirely wrong to make that conclusion because pve weenies enter WvW every so often like once a year. It doesn't take 4000+ hours
in wvw
to get 300 ranks. That's their entire account's play hours and it's including people who have never even set foot in WvW within those statistics. That's not even a useful conclusion in any way at all.

4000+ hours in wvw would be like easily into the 3-4k+ rank area if not higher. 4000 hours is like 166 days of
constant playing
, so we're talking about
years
4-5 hours/day playing to get 4000+ hours on an account. If you're only rank 300 after
4000 hours in wvw
you're likely the most brain dead person in the entire world or just AFK at spawn literally the entire time. Some people can grind out 100 ranks within
a week
of not even hardcore (8+ hours) of constant playing and only casual (3ish or so of 5 of the 7 days of week).

Next time put more than 5 minutes of thought into it before you try to use some overblown statistics. Rank 300 is so incredibly easy to attain it's laughable, my alt alone is over rank 300 and I barely even log into it and I've had it less than a year.

Also the assumption that there are servers with a proportionally higher amount of newer players is completely speculative and isn't backed by literally anything. It's way more likely that the population distribution is the same or similar across almost all servers where maybe Black Gate could be the outlier, especially now that we have relinks every month.

Also if it took you 6 months to get to rank 300 at "12 hours a day" you're either completely exaggerating on your play hours in WvW or logging in during the most dead 12 hours of the game mode, in which case maybe you should go to EU servers (or to NA if on EU). To take 6 months to get to rank 300 is obscene, and you're likely the outlier.

entire account
playtime is 5473 hours, and a HUGE portion of that playtime wasn't in WvW. Apparently, I am just a complete god at WvW who can gather WvW ranks 10x faster than everyone else.

come move across to SoS or other less WvWer population server, and be the receiving end of your usual BG zergs, and you'll understand how difficult it is to gain WXP on servers that have less WvWer population

so don't expect everyone will have the same experience you are experiencing on your WvWer heavy server

and READ PROPERLY AND COMPREHEND before you say anything, I said "the spike was during the double wxp weekend, and i was practically playing like 12 hours"

your very average PvE players that goes into WvW is most likely only after the Gift of Battles for their legendary crafting, which they will use WvW Reward Track Boosters instead of WxP Booster, and they are more focused on maintaining their T6 participation rather going after WxP, hence their WxP do not growth as fast

For them to maintain T6 Participation, they flip a camp every 9min, and lets assume they are using Exp Booster to speed up their reward track progress

so that's 1395/(5000/(200x1.5)x(60/9))=3487.5 hours, and the hours would be longer for them previously because they had to ramp up to T6 every single time they enter WvW

I had time where it literally took an hour or 2 to ramp up to T6 under the old system because the server's dead, and that kept me away from doing WvW

I do not know what's your current family and financial situation

but I have a 9-5 job, with almost an hour transit, after i get home i need to cook, wash the dishes, look after the kids

on weekdays i just jump in for a quick 30min to an hour to get the dailies done, which i get 50-75% of a rank done during that time, unless the daily requires me to gain 2 ranks, which I would use the Box of WvW Supplies

come move across to SoS or other less WvWer population server, and be the receiving end of your usual BG zergs, and you'll understand how difficult it is to gain WXP on servers that have less WvWer population

so don't expect everyone will have the same experience you are experiencing on your WvWer heavy server

Humm SoS is often times real fat and real good at ppting in T2-T3...comparing your wvw ppt server to a wvw bunker server like BG is normal...BG is the worst fit for SoS ppt mentality.

Anyways SoS is quite stacked compared to my little server and I get plenty of opportunities to get WXP.Anyways I understand your not often in WvW and might have trouble finding the right time, guild and tags to follow.

Best of luck in the coming weeks!

OptionsLow WvW rank: 200-300 to obtain mount (gold rank is unrealistic....for new comers something between legend and bronze)A new WvW masteryA new WvW achievement list to unlock the chest of WarClawA crafting and trophy comboA mix of them allCould just be 500 BoH simple LoLSkirmish tickets...

Anyways :)

@crepuscular.9047 said:

Ll2TXdO.png

isj4A5H.png

in wvw

constant playing
, so we're talking about
years
4000 hours in wvw
a week

entire account

and
READ PROPERLY AND COMPREHEND
before you say anything, I said "the spike was during the double wxp weekend, and i was practically playing like 12 hours"

your very average PvE players that goes into WvW is most likely only after the Gift of Battles for their legendary crafting, which they will use WvW Reward Track Boosters instead of WxP Booster, and they are more focused on maintaining their T6 participation rather going after WxP, hence their WxP do not growth as fast

For them to maintain T6 Participation, they flip a camp every 9min, and lets assume they are using Exp Booster to speed up their reward track progress

so that's 1395/(5000/(200x1.5)x(60/9))=3487.5 hours, and the hours would be longer for them previously because they had to ramp up to T6 every single time they enter WvW

I had time where it literally took an hour or 2 to ramp up to T6 under the old system because the server's dead, and that kept me away from doing WvW

but I have a 9-5 job, with almost an hour transit, after i get home i need to cook, wash the dishes, look after the kids

on weekdays i just jump in for a quick 30min to an hour to get the dailies done, which i get 50-75% of a rank done during that time, unless the daily requires me to gain 2 ranks, which I would use the Box of WvW Supplies

ROFL SoS isn't lack of population in WvW players, it's the lack of actually good players. You guys are T1/T2 currently in this re-link cycle (until 6pm PST tonight), how on earth are you guys "low in population?" Again showing you're not at all familiar with WvW's environment though you are pretending to be.

I am doing fine family and financially wise, I just think you don't know how statistics work clearly and now you're getting upset because I pointed out flaws in your conclusions because of your lack of understanding in how those statistics work Mr "It takes 4000+ play hours to get to rank 300."

@Towelie.9504 said:

Ll2TXdO.png

isj4A5H.png

in wvw

constant playing
, so we're talking about
years
4000 hours in wvw
a week

entire account

and
READ PROPERLY AND COMPREHEND
before you say anything, I said "the spike was during the double wxp weekend, and i was practically playing like 12 hours"

ROFL SoS isn't lack of population in WvW players, it's the lack of actually good players. You guys are T1/T2 currently in this re-link cycle (until 6pm PST tonight), how on earth are you guys "low in population?" Again showing you're not at all familiar with WvW's environment though you are pretending to be.

I am doing fine family and financially wise, I just think you don't know how statistics work clearly and now you're getting upset because I pointed out flaws in your conclusions because of your lack of understanding in how those statistics work Mr "It takes 4000+ play hours to get to rank 300."

Havoc will get you 2-3 per hour. Easily that with boosters. And that’s not going crazy actually flipping stuff frequently. Just between camps, other players and the occasional tower/keep.

Near gold rank makes sense for unlocking everything including the mount. I think we are up around 1k in total WvW levels to unlock all the current masteries. Add on 100 or so and while not quite gold getting real close. Course if they do use masteries a player won't need to be Gold to get the mount just level 100 or something.

Gold would not be a horrible start place. Honestly, they want people to join this game mode. Anything lower and it's a run in grab and go. That's not getting people to join the game mode. PvE raids require a lot of LI for your armor 150 for the first one and 300 for each set after that. You didn't see them lowering that for WvW players. Before or After we got our Legendary armor options in WvW which doesn't have a unique skin, but costs just as much as PvE raid armor. We can't just give the PvE players everything because they want it. Everything I have wanted I had to do the crap I didn't like to get it. They for once in their damn life can do the same. I mean I worked my back end off getting my raid armor and my wvw armor, all of my legendary weapons, Aurora, and warbringer. This won't be that hard and if you want it... work for it.

I mean to cry that the Vet world vs world people have an unfair advantage is like complaining about all the raiders who had their LI finished before wing 4 was done... how dare you be ready for something before another person who is new to the game mode.

Archived