Horse Mounts Discussion!

Aediph.2873

I don't think i'd personally have issues with a horse mount or horse mount skin for warclaw. I really do like the current list of mounts, it's far more expansive and meaningful than any other game i can think of. Horses can't really fill a new niche that hasn't been covered already, so I don't really know that i see the point of adding a horse mount to the game, but honestly if the people want it and it doesn't break anything, why not?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I don't think we will be getting any new mount types in the future. Maybe some sort of amphibian crab/lobster who can crawl across the seafloor and climb vertical walls outside the water, but that's it.

New skins, however, are more than likely. New models, but same skills as existing mounts, so technically not new mounts. Few examples:

• Raptor: Horse.
  • Springer: Antelope.
  • Skimmer: Moray (floats in the air like the skimmer).
  • Griffon: Phoenix.
  • Skyscale: Serpent (Saltspray Dragon).

This would allow those who don't own PoF to unlock mounts in Cantha.

@"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:"The earliest records of horses show that they existed on Cantha during the reign of Emperor Kaineng Tah. According to Loremaster Ermenred, the emperor was renowned for his horseback riding but died under mysterious circumstances while hunting in 464 BE with reports claiming that his horse had gone wild and killed him"

"In Cantha, one of the twelve main celestials is the Celestial Horse, revered during the Canthan New Year festivities."

Horses coming in Cantha confirmed.

No jokes, that's a pretty good excuse.

With all the mount being so exotic so far I think Horse will feel kind of bland. They need to re work it to be something more. like an undead horse mount similar to enemies found in Orr. I would like to see a wolf mount. But I think the jackal is very close to the wolf.

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest (SPEAKING FOR MYSELF) A Horse mount would bring me in game more till the charm wears off... GW2 is getting a bit stale for me, feels like a grind in many ways...PVP is okay and raids dungeons are ok or stressful. I like roaming and hanging with guildies BUT there's not much to do and the low level areas are boring for high levels, I am not just going to hang around a lvl 15 area unless there is something to see, explore etc... Otherwise I can pretty much overpower anything in a low level area. Maybe things should change and change a lot. Horses a start, underwater mounts and even armor, maybe structures that you can go in and interact with the npcs more, free haircuts an actual barber shop, food shops etc,, and these should change, sometimes open, sometimes closed... Even a cataclysm, CHANGE some of these areas, not sure how just do it... MOVE the places folks hang out, MOVE the bank around to quiet areas; there's a cave near holebrak, beautiful area doing nothing, put a bank there, it's getting stagnant...

Lighter necro, but I'll bite in this case:A horse mount's special feature would be that it could carry multiple riders. It wouldn't have a long jump or super jump. It wouldn't be able to hop through sand portals, fly, or glide over water. It would just move faster than on foot travel, still feel "heavy" like our mounts do turning and getting going, and it's engage would be a simple stampede manuever, but it would be able to carry two riders (or more?) Great for someone hauling around a friend (or a lover, growl) that hasn't or can't unlock mounts yet, assuming the horse isn't made universally available regardless of X-pack.

Added bonus that people are probably more likely to pick up the "variant normal" skins for the horse. If One is getting a different raptor or bunny skin, chances are they're waiting for something a little more flashy than a new scale/fur pattern. Horses though? People have had time to decide if they prefer a pinto, or a clydesdale, or shire, or what have you.

@Stalkingwolf.6035 said:we have a Raptor. what do i want with a boring horse?

I agree but if they really one one then ANet could come out with a horse skin for the warclaw or jackal since they are quadrupeds.The warclaw already has a mount skin that rears up on it's hind legs for it's idle animation. They could put out two skins; a mystical horse or unicorn skin for the jackal and a battle steed skin for the warclaw.

@"Timbersword.9014" said:Lighter necro, but I'll bite in this case:A horse mount's special feature would be that it could carry multiple riders. It wouldn't have a long jump or super jump. It wouldn't be able to hop through sand portals, fly, or glide over water. It would just move faster than on foot travel, still feel "heavy" like our mounts do turning and getting going, and it's engage would be a simple stampede manuever, but it would be able to carry two riders (or more?) Great for someone hauling around a friend (or a lover, growl) that hasn't or can't unlock mounts yet, assuming the horse isn't made universally available regardless of X-pack.

A mount that can carry two riders is going to have to carry two charr. Horses don't seem like a good choice for that.

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:

I agree but if they really one one then ANet could come out with a horse skin for the warclaw or jackal since they are quadrupeds.The warclaw already has a mount skin that rears up on it's hind legs for it's idle animation. They could put out two skins; a mystical horse or unicorn skin for the jackal and a battle steed skin for the warclaw.

and we already have the magical pegasus for the griffon so there's no reason they can't do it for other quadruped mounts since the logic and immersion is already out of the window.

@Astyrah.4015 said:

and we already have the magical pegasus for the griffon so there's no reason they can't do it for other quadruped mounts since the logic and immersion is already out of the window.Aham,LEAVE PEPEGASUS ALONE, he has some issues, getting high off your horse is hard job and the Marry Jane costs money, also he was young and needed it.Lol

@Vancho.8750 said:

and we already have the magical pegasus for the griffon so there's no reason they can't do it for other quadruped mounts since the logic and immersion is already out of the window.Aham,LEAVE PEPEGASUS ALONE, he has some issues, getting high off your horse is hard job and the Marry Jane costs money, also he was young and needed it.Lol

he's more grown up now so he can get his life issues sorted out on his own :3

@Astyrah.4015 said:

@"Stalkingwolf.6035" said:we have a Raptor. what do i want with a boring horse?

he's more grown up now so he can get his life issues sorted out on his own :3But those eyes would never forget the Horrors.