Gaile Will be Missed.

Strider Pj.2193

@Justine.6351 said:

@Vieux P.1238 said:Alliance & that new WvW revamp they were working on is scrapped!In case you guys was wondering what was trashed with the layoffs.So basically WvW is as is.Have fun guys.

SMH..

Gotta love those that will spread misinformation when there is turmoil.

I will apologize if i'm wrong.
But let's wait & see
if it turns out to be miss information.

yes, wait and see is what you should have done.

No, i could not. .. im active more then pro re-active..

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Also gaile gone means there might be a chance that posts that aren't fluff or anet praise will be allowed now.

Don't forget that for years we had to use an external forum for wvw because of extreme censorship

@"MarkoGold.7126" said:I have to say gaile being fired is the best news i seen in this game in a while, one less toxic kitten going nuts on forum moderation, you just made me buy your future extension.

I can see where that would be the belief. She was the only public face of moderation. The other moderators are faceless.

And really look at the moderation history: things get moderated because they are reported. In the cases where I ‘appealed’ the decision, Gaile Overturned them.

That being said, time will tell. Personally I think it will get more heavy handed unless the players stop having such a thin skin,

1/2 of why things get modded is because some people are petulant and mass report all your posts and moderators that don't know better. I've had a post undeleted with the help of Gaile once I made it clear that it was just whatever idiot that was disagreeing was just reporting it for being off topic. I can tell because they said my post was "off topic" and this was parroted by the moderation. The other half is that many of the posts in the forum are genuinely terrible and thus it's hard to tell them apart.

I don't really think you can blame one single entity for it; you are right.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@Vieux P.1238 said:Alliance & that new WvW revamp they were working on is scrapped!In case you guys was wondering what was trashed with the layoffs.So basically WvW is as is.Have fun guys.

SMH..

Gotta love those that will spread misinformation when there is turmoil.

I will apologize if i'm wrong.
But let's wait & see
if it turns out to be miss information.

yes, wait and see is what you should have done.

No, i could not. .. im active more then pro re-active..

So... you acted with... what exactly? Your fingers typing a forum message? Lol.

It is sad to see Gaile go.

We can question the attention, organisation and ruleset of the community management as much as other aspects of the company but it is very hard to tell what decisions Gaile was involved with, what responsibilities she had and what sort of resources she had to work with. Thuis, the leadership aspect isn't transparent enough to comment on (but there are grounds for critcism of the company with regards to it).

However, what I have seen from Gaile's interactions with others and the little interaction I have had with her, even in tense situations, she has been a grade A community manager. When she has been available she has always acted both very professionally and exemplary regarding personality-professionality balance and in high tension. To me, that is the hallmark of a good community manager and whatever reservations I may have are only due to availability.

Even as a cranky WvW player.

@"LINKAZZATORE.8135" said:Mc kenna wasn't working on gw2 since February 2018 according to linkedin, also i only remember bad ideas coming from her. I rather have 100 ben and raymonds than her.

Also gaile gone means there might be a chance that posts that aren't fluff or anet praise will be allowed now.

Don't forget that for years we had to use an external forum for wvw because of extreme censorship

https://www.linkedin.com/in/mckennaberdrowFew things she did for wvw.

@Vova.2640 said:

@Queen Anastasia.7103 said:What about McKenna Berdrow?

Gone as well apparently.

I think we can kiss alliances and any updates goodbye at this point.

Actually, don't tie those together. I was thinking the same but doing some research on the web the day before she was pulled from the WvW over as year ago and was then assigned one of the undisclosed projects that was closed. She had the timeline up on one of her social media resumes. So though I am sad to see her be let go, I wouldn't say the alliance project was tied to her work. I can't remember which of the MMO online articles had it but it was one where they listed each person they knew were staying and going and each named linked to either their own social media links. You can google it, which is how I got there.

Will have to refind it on the other laptop's history to verify it was McKenna but my memory is saying so until I prove it otherwise.

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

@"Queen Anastasia.7103" said:What about McKenna Berdrow?

Gone as well apparently.

I think we can kiss alliances and any updates goodbye at this point.

Actually, don't tie those together. I was thinking the same but doing some research on the web the day before she was pulled from the WvW over as year ago and was then assigned one of the undisclosed projects that was closed. She had the timeline up on one of her social media resumes. So though I am sad to see her be let go, I wouldn't say the alliance project was tied to her work. I can't remember which of the MMO online articles had it but it was one where they listed each person they knew were staying and going and each named linked to either their own social media links. You can google it, which is how I got there.

Will have to refind it on the other laptop's history to verify it was McKenna but my memory is saying so until I prove it otherwise.

Ah, here it is, source:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/mckennaberdrow

Archived