Warclaw OP?

Neftex.7594

@Neftex.7594 said:

@derd.6413 said:yes, but whether anet should nerf them or if ppl just need to adjust to it requires more time to tell

it doesnt require any more time... its CLEARLY kitten visible

so ppl have already tested how easily the warclaw can be countered with either tactics or even a couple of specialized anti-cavelry units in a zerg?

that was fast

can you tell me how to counter extra speed, dodge and CC immunity, thanks

that'd require some time to test.did you already forget my first post?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Neftex.7594 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:How is it any different to what WvW already is with Mesmers and thieves?They ambush.. they loose.. they stealth and run.. every.. single.. time.

Way I see it Warclaw will give all classes the ability to run from combat they don't want to engage in.. at least in their own territory so long as they don't engage first.That's a good thing imo.Still not going to stop thives and mesmers picking fights they cant win and then running away with their cheapo stealtho/teleporting mechanics.But at least it'll give players a counter to their ambush tactics if they can get away fast enough.

thats a different issue, those builds have too much mobility with too much damage/defense and should be nerfed as well

Yeah.... all that damage and defense on core thief /s

@Neftex.7594 said:

@derd.6413 said:that'd require some time to test.did you already forget my first post?

ye i read it, but i expected you to recognize mechanics that arent counterable... you cant counter dodge while also having CC immunity, you cant counter extra speed without even more speed...

a massive target with 12k health with barely(?) any toughness isn't a massive exploitable weakness to you

@Neftex.7594 said:

@MUDse.7623 said:you sacrifice your precious mount slot?

you can avoid being ganked like they can avoid being ganked.

your superior mobility/stealth will still help you in a fight to kite your opponent and win.

i sacrifice damage/utility of my build. i cant avoid being ganked on their territory can i? i cant avoid getting ganked while already in combat can i?

if you cant avoid being ganked on their territory because your mount is slower there, guess what? they cant avoid fighting you on your territory!

your build still matters as much as soon as they attack you, you will still be faster if you have been faster.

@derd.6413 said:

@derd.6413 said:that'd require some time to test.did you already forget my first post?

ye i read it, but i expected you to recognize mechanics that arent counterable... you cant counter dodge while also having CC immunity, you cant counter extra speed without even more speed...

a massive target with 12k health with barely(?) any toughness isn't a massive exploitable weakness to you

because its not. it requires you to waste 12k damage JUST to stop them from running, effectively giving them barrier of 12k. you need to catch them first (gl, they got extra speed)

@Neftex.7594 said:

because its not. it requires you to waste 12k damage JUST to stop them from running, effectively giving them barrier of 12k. you need to catch them first (gl, they got extra speed)

how horrible, ganking some rando who's not interested in fighting you might require actual effort, oh the humanity

@derd.6413 said:

Not to mention that while mounted they're neither using any ranged abilities nor spam aoe fields on the ground, that has to wait until after the engage.

@MUDse.7623 said:

@"Neftex.7594" said:Are you guys serious? This is what you sound like - "i dont wanna fight in pvp game mode so you have to leave me alone until i decide you can have a fight". The hell is wrong with you

you dont understand. i like to fight but not for the chance on a heavy loot bag or a spike. its pretty meaningless in a game without 1 vs 1 balance to give a kitten on the outcome of such a fight. however i can defend a camp, i can take a camp while you defend it and kill you and your camp etc. then atleast i beat you within the envoirement of the mode and not just for the sake of it.is it really pvp to you if you try to fight someone who doesnt even bother to fight you as there is no reason to do so, in a game that has no mode to care for 1 vs 1 balance?

1v1 in a game without 1v1 balance is pretty meaningless, but then exactly the same applies to defending a camp as part of the game mode when there is also no balance and you usually know which server will win a match before it even starts, because WvW does even have the most basic of balance with the same number of players on each team.

It already made scouting harder. Capturing a camp without 3+ people on warclaws was a rarity tonight. Before I can capture it, I was already dealing with multiple enemies. So I am either forced to run with a havoc squad, or just zerg. The problem is that our zerg had warclaws too (comm and 5-10 people) so it was hard to catch them. I have not encountered stomping but cc immunity buggs the hell out of me. You all are telling me that I should not fight someone who does not wish to fight and run away with a warclaw, but why should I let a scout live and watch our movements and report it back?

It also makes a fps problem (not that much, due to the smaller number of warclaws for now). Without PoF, you cannot obtain a mount in wvw. A shameful move from a game that was proud of having no pay to win options. But I am accustomed to it after HoT already. I know this is the first day but it already has bugs. Doesn't anet have testers to prevent these scenerios?

@Sylosi.6503 said:

@"Neftex.7594" said:Are you guys serious? This is what you sound like - "i dont wanna fight in pvp game mode so you have to leave me alone until i decide you can have a fight". The hell is wrong with you

you dont understand. i like to fight but not for the chance on a heavy loot bag or a spike. its pretty meaningless in a game without 1 vs 1 balance to give a kitten on the outcome of such a fight. however i can defend a camp, i can take a camp while you defend it and kill you and your camp etc. then atleast i beat you within the envoirement of the mode and not just for the sake of it.is it really pvp to you if you try to fight someone who doesnt even bother to fight you as there is no reason to do so, in a game that has no mode to care for 1 vs 1 balance?

1v1 in a game without 1v1 balance is pretty meaningless, but then exactly the same applies to defending a camp as part of the game mode when there is also no balance and you usually know which server will win a matchup before it even starts, because WvW does even have the most basic of balance with the same number of players on each team.

correct.and even if you just compete for the match goal while valueing the outcome based on that inbalance to enjoy all the small competitons that are part of that big match goal. even then you couldnt really compete as it would require your opponent to compete for the same thing. so yeah overall WvW is not competivie atm with or without mounts.

@Neftex.7594 said:

@derd.6413 said:yes, but whether anet should nerf them or if ppl just need to adjust to it requires more time to tell

it doesnt require any more time... its CLEARLY kitten visible

so ppl have already tested how easily the warclaw can be countered with either tactics or even a couple of specialized anti-cavelry units in a zerg?

that was fast

can you tell me how to counter extra speed, dodge and CC immunity, thanks

Traps on choke points. If every time someone mounts up they run into DH and thief traps stacked on chokes, they'll stop chasing pretty fast.

@MUDse.7623 said:the question is why do you want to fight the opponent?it will be harder to fight for the sake of it against an opponent that is unwilling.however if you fight over something, like a camp, sentry, tower, keep, dolyak etc whatever then you shouldnt have trouble getting your fights.

you heard it here folks

somebody asking why you would want to fight in world vs world

lol

you do realize preventing people from making it to objectives in order to defend it is also legitimate WvW strategy right? And ganking is also a legitimate strategy in order to reduce numbers of a zerg or preventing them from being able to contribute to a zerg vs zerg fight? Who are people to say what is and what isn't WvW?

I think you didn't play WvW enough to say that. There is a lots of strategies in WvW and mounts are killing a lot of them.Yes ganking people is a REAL strategyIts a really bad idea to choose or avoid fight like you said. If you dont want to fight dont come in Wvw, if you want to join the zerg change your build to have more mobility and be carefull, if you get caught its your fault.Mount gonna change this..less fight less fun more ppt.. amazing Anet

And not everybody have the mount so more power creep again..

@MUDse.7623 said:

@MUDse.7623 said:so the players are able to avoid fighting you with the mount, but you cannot avoid being ganked anymore? do they have better mounts than you have?

the point is i sacrifice something for being able to do that, they sacrifice nothing.

you sacrifice your precious mount slot?

you can avoid being ganked like they can avoid being ganked.

your superior mobility/stealth will still help you in a fight to kite your opponent and win.

not if they have a Warclaw...

You have a point but at the same time, most players are going to be disinterested in single or small group play; that's what PvP is for. If a player doesn't stop on their mount to engage you, it means they obviously have something better to do, like getting back to their group.

If anything, this mount should make things easier for players who want to attack people unwilling to fight. Eye up someone whose dismounted and fighting (like at a camp), then run in while their in combat unable to escape and unload on them.

Edit - Not to mention, a couple of zerk heralds carrying dragon banners using the dragon blast could easily deal enough damage to dismount and stun an entire mounted zerg. The dragon banner could provide to be extremely problematic for those on a mount

@killahmayne.9518 said:

@MUDse.7623 said:the question is why do you want to fight the opponent?it will be harder to fight for the sake of it against an opponent that is unwilling.however if you fight over something, like a camp, sentry, tower, keep, dolyak etc whatever then you shouldnt have trouble getting your fights.

you heard it here folks

somebody asking why you would want to fight in world vs world

lol

you do realize preventing people from making it to objectives in order to defend it is also legitimate WvW strategy right? And ganking is also a legitimate strategy in order to reduce numbers of a zerg or preventing them from being able to contribute to a zerg vs zerg fight? Who are people to say what is and what isn't WvW?

i think you misunderstood.

i only wanted the OP to think about what he is complaining.you can still small scale fight and gank people plenty.

the thing that mainly is affected are ganks on the road, therefor without any nearby objective against an opponent unwilling to fight you (usually in a disadvantageous build for it). yes that is part of the game and a 'legitimate strategy' and its efficiency is being reduced. i have made plenty of such ganks on the road, having played mostly solo thief for years. but i also have seen that people can deal much better with a lost fight or gank when it happens in a fight over an objective, than if it happens on the road. probably because then i have a more valid reason for such an 'unfair' fight. so putting the focus more to ganks on objectives is IMO a good thing as it should keep people a little more in the mode. its important how your opponent feels on a loss, if you need opponents to have someone to play with.

@"borgs.6103" said:

See for yourselvesSomeone forgot to tell you that WvW is full of PvE players today that die when you look at them.

Maybe you have a better understanding of the video now.

There are no mount issues in this video.

The moment people are used to the hard cc mechanic when dismounted they will use it to their benefit and dismount -> push their targets.

@"Neftex.7594" said:Is this true?"So immune to CC, 11k HP buffer on top of your own, extra dodge, no way to catch up to you if youre in your own territory, if i even catch up theres no way to dismount you except dealing 11k damage before you hop out of my range?"If it is, that seems pretty kitten stupid addition to the game mode.WvW is balanced around zerg fights and capturing and defending structures. So what's your problem here? I don't get it. Are you complaining about the loss of easy ganks?

Necros can not kill targets that run away for 6 years now. Get used to it! Some of us had to do this too.

You wan't fights besides the zerg? sPvP is your game mode!

You all need to take out your heads of your tushies and realize that the scouting is an important part of the wvw tactics and warclaw is legitimately killing it.

I am not even mentioning the advantage of pay to win aspect here, which is just the opposite of this game's motto among fanbase.

@Aleen.8561 said:

@KrHome.1920 said:You wan't fights besides the zerg? sPvP is your game mode!

Totally agree with you. Zergs will only win if 'roaming dies', which is, for me, more fun in WvW :)Oh, and as for the scouts, if someone wants to be one, stay stealthed. Warclaw won't be able to 'sniff' you.

Thanks a lot bros, pvp is 2 man nowdays max unless you decide to run in a tournament and its on small maps fighting for circled specific areas...what a bore...I pvped a few seasons..and I by far prefer havoking 5-15 man in WvW...to the mindless Zerg blobbing your speaking of in WvW(sorry fight guilds I dont mean yous, been in some fun just not all the time).

Too bad yous have tunnel vision...pvp isn't my game mode..get it...wvw havoking is get it...

Men this type of comment gets to me at times.

@Aleen.8561 said:

@KrHome.1920 said:You wan't fights besides the zerg? sPvP is your game mode!

Totally agree with you. Zergs will only win if 'roaming dies', which is, for me, more fun in WvW :)Oh, and as for the scouts, if someone wants to be one, stay stealthed. Warclaw won't be able to 'sniff' you.

Wvw is either zerging or roaming? Euh?

I rather play with a 10 man group on which i have influence on the fight instead of 50 which is sheer chance on how many of the 5playercapped aoe you get hit with.10v10 can now mean a 10man pound of warclaw on the other and be slighly slower Then the other....and win

Archived