Share your proudest or most memorable WvW moment!

EremiteAngel.9765

Killing that champion Grub in EBG with 2 or 3, i think we were trying to not sleep, not sure if it was scaling because there was zerg close to it or if it just have looooong hp, I am not sure.... but after that time that we killed it, we decided to not kill it again, specially with the exotics that it showered us with =p

I guess for myself, when I look back at all the videos that I recorded of myself roaming from Vanilla GW2 to HOT to POF, and all the amazing opponents that I managed to beat (often after multiple tries), I feel like ah...those were the days when I kept losing and trying, losing and trying before finally nicking that 1 win.

These are the amazing opponents (who have beaten me multiple times) that I've beaten at least once , you guys make up some of my best memories, in no particular order:

• Violent Tendency (vT) - Holosmith, Spellbreaker and Mirage!
  • Ninja Tactics (OP) - Weaver!
  • Eternal Vigil (EV) - Mirage! (I managed to beat this guy once after 5 years of trying :3 )
  • I Love You (XOXO) - Thief, Daredevil, Mesmer, Mirage!
  • Ruthless Gaming (RG) - Warrior and Berserker!
  • I Will Make You (QQ) - Warrior, Berserker, Mesmer and Chrono! (almost beat their Mirage and Daredevil but fell just short sadly)
  • Happy Children Meal (HCM) - Druid and Daredevil! (never managed to beat their Dragonhunter - too strong)
  • Get the Bleach (KYS) - Daredevil!
  • Dark Cloud (DC) - Daredevil (best in NA)!
  • It's Nothing Personal (Love) - Herald and Thief!
  • The Rubberduckies (QUAK) - Deadeye and Herald!
  • Dionysian Rights (RITE) - Chrono, Weaver, Tempest and Druid!
  • Fear Us Respect Us (FEAR) - Warrior and Thief! (one of the strongest guilds I fought, extremely tough)
  • Redrum X Murder (RDRM) - Dragonhunter and Warrior!
  • Echo Zulu Papa Kila (EZPK) - Holosmith!
  • Progeniem of Primordus (KGB) - Mirage!
  • The Praetorians (PRAE) - Soulbeast, Spellbreaker, Daredevil and Druid!
  • Demons of the Mysts (DOM) - Guardian!
  • Over Powered People (OPP) - Ranger, Druid, Warrior, Mesmer, Elementalist and Spellbreaker!
  • We love you (BEN) - Weaver!
  • Sweater Weather (SWAG) - Daredevil!
  • Hairless Kitties Riding Duckies (JOY) - Tempest and Daredevil!
  • Retired (RE) - Firebrand!
  • Venator Phalanx (VP) - Berserker!
  • Envy (ENVY) - Daredevil!
  • Crusaders of the Asia Pacific (ASIA) - Mesmer!
  • Jedi Covenant (JEDI) - Daredevil!
  • Black Lion Hunters (HUNT) - Mesmer!
  • Predatory Instinct (HUNT) - Soulbeast and Herald!
  • Brotherhood of Zetara (BOZ) - Mesmer!
  • Decepticon Defiance (DCON) - Chrono!
  • Glorious Dapper (CAPS/HATS) - Guardian, Elementalist, Thief and Ranger!
  • Silent Veil (SV) - Daredevil!
  • Diplomatic Dictators (DD) - Daredevil!
  • Knights of the Temple (KNT) - Guardian!
  • I swear I am a hot gamer (GURL) - Soulbeast!
  • My very own shinies (NvUs) - Deadeye!
  • Riot Gaming (RIOT) - Warrior and Guardian!
  • I am Gonna (AFK) - Dragonhunter!
  • Verdant Shield (VS) - Dragonhunter!
  • Wyldstallyns (WS) - Tempest!
  • Iron Tribe (IRON) - Ranger!
  • Rosen Ritters (RR) - Mirage and Soulbeast!
  • Eye of Janthir (XIII) - Chrono!
  • Never Die (ND) - Daredevil!
  • Undodgeable (Hit) - Daredevil!
  • The Crimson Mercenaries (CM) - Mesmer!
  • Strategic Suicide (SS) - Scrapper and Dragonhunter!
  • Shatter Incorporated (SI) - Mesmer and Chrono!
  • Gggg beahces (PPPP) - Tempest!
  • Soultion (Sxy) - Druid!
  • Roll Init (RNG) - Guardian and Thief!
  • All I do is two two two two two (TWO) - Thief!
  • Procrastination Nation (UHOH) - Elementalist!
  • Streamer Hadi - Warrior and Berserker! (One of the strongest I've fought - knows how to kill Necros very well)
  • Streamer Aria on the Planetes (IA) - Chrono!
  • Streamer Wilson Storm - Berserker! (Beat him once after multiple tries)
  • Streamer Gladomer - Warrior, Ranger and Druid! (My fave foe to fight during vanilla GW2, always a challenge)
  • Streamer Kirito Emperor Azuro - Dragonhunter!
  • Youtuber Kiritsugu - Druid!
  • Youtuber Donnie - Druid!
  • Youtuber Aikijinx - Deadeye! (The stars aligned that day and I managed to win 1 out of 3 fights on my Power Reaper)
  • Guildless but equally skilful - BG server Soulbeast (strongest SB I fought, 1 win after 10 tries, shame I forgot your name), AR server Soulbeast, FA server Pistol whip Thief (my 1st win after many tries against a top pistol whip thief), CD server Dragonhunter (fought him during Reaper prime, very good kiter), JQ server Tempest, Mag server Druid
  • And many more!

And my favorite compilation video that I still watch from time to time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1Z5Ox18xaw

I once killed a about 20 people in a 30 man serg ALONE with my warrior! Seriously! I am not making this up it is all 100% real.I was roaming in the desert borderlands when a group of about 30 brainless NOOBS chased me up the hills near the south fire shrine. I fought them with all I had, but they were too many, so Instead of using brute force, I used my brain. I did the following:1.- Attack them with full counter and whirlwind (evades)2.- Run to the top of the hill and using all my survival skills3.- Jumped down the hill and open glider about 2/3 before hitting the ground (this gave the illusion that I can jump and survive the fall).4.- Those with low health died due to hitting the ground.5.- Those that survived the fall, I finish them.6.- Not all died, so they kept chasing me.7.- I repeated the same steps. I went up the hill glided down and they followed me AGAIN8.- More died.9.- At this point you had think they learned their lesson and stop chasing me, but they did not.10.- I went up hill again, drop down and now less followed me to their death.11.- Those who survived realized that it was not going to be easy to kill this warrior beast. If they wanted to kill this LEGENDARY WARRIOR, they would need more than 100 soldiers.

I PM the commander and here is what he said:glRSUXi.jpgJLIC1Jk.jpghesHgC2.jpg

Too bad I do not record my game play. It would have been an epic video because I not only ran, I also attack them!As far as I know, I am the only one that has defeated a serg of 30 enemies all by himself in the entire GW2 game. You should have seen how happy I was! I could not stop laughing at how epic my moment was.

If I had recorded a video of that battle, I bet you Anet will build me a monument on the green borderlands with the following caption:"In memory of the great Aztec Warrior that against all odds, he once defeated a serg of 30 all by himself. Guerrero Azteca; Charr Warrior Master race!"

I am not sure if it was the first or a second league/season. Desolation dropped on purpose to get out of the top, guess they wanted something else than the usual boring servers to fight and I was on Gunnars that time.Our BL was on heavy offense, we were running between hills/bay/garri all evening. Deso had some classy fighters back then, didn't even bother or felt the need to gank returning players to get back into the big fight. It was a memorable evening, we lost some we won some. But overall it was just action packed.

Back in 2014 I remember ending up in a 2-3 hour siege to retake my home keep in EBG. While my server still had Langor Gulch, both sides were firing at each other using trebs, catas, and ac's while I was in the middle of it playing frontline as a zerker thief. Since I wasn't getting killed nor targeted while constantly sneaking towards the walls and gate to lay traps and getting kills and constantly avoiding siege fire, I started to get real anxious and worried the longer the siege lasted since. Towards the end of the siege I noticed a siege golem was trying to flank so I summoned my D-Series golem to fight it. As the golem was absorbing the rockets, an engineer, memser, and I did the did the damage. Oddly as soon as the siege golem died, the keep's wall fell and and everyone rushed inside to reclaimed it. Lucky I died only once.

Last night! (7-April-2019)

3 way fight (NSP & CD / SOS & SOR / FA & SF ) for Fire that lasted for an hour and a half. We (NSP) managed to tier it to T3, but ended up getting pushed out shortly afterwards.

Props to all three commanders, that was intense.

During No-downed week, in a zerg fight, as a Deadeye i marked a Ele and keep shooting at him without caring (my laptop is quite bad, i set everything to lowest but still lag sometime) he healed back to full health and run back to his group, used Death's Judgment (which was unblockable before patch), there were Wall of Reflection and few people between me and him and BAM! he died.

@"EremiteAngel.9765" said:...ah...those were the days when I kept losing and trying, losing and trying before finally nicking that 1 win...

As a WvW noob, my own proudest moment so far was when I finally figured out how to take a supply camp solo with my Herald. Died, went back. Died went back. Died went back. Finally managed to take it. :)

My proudest moment for another player so far actually happened tonight. Very late at night, solo roaming to pick up some dailies, my Herald was in a supply camp with only the npcs around when an enemy thief tried to take it. He came dancing right in using full speed/stealth mode and quickly died to my Vengeful Hammers and long range hammer throws in concert with all the npcs attacking him. He came back again, tried some fancier dancing and died yet again. He came back a third time with a better strategy. This time he would hit, run behind some buildings to lose the npcs, pop out again to hit, hide again and so forth. This went on for a little bit till I finally, foolishly, ran behind the buildings to chase him. Without the npc support, my slow Herald and clunky game play were easy meat for him. I promptly died and he took the camp. I was so delighted by his intelligent persistence that I had to congratulate him ingame and salute him on the forum here. Well done, whoever you were.

So that line of Eremite's - "I kept losing and trying, losing and trying before finally nicking that 1 win..." - rings very true to me. :)

I'll never forget my noobiness when first starting WvW. I could see a tower (or keep?) needed supplies. So I dutifully ran to the camp, picked up supplies, and ran back. Only to find that the Quartermaster, nor any other NPC would take my supplies. What the heck! How do we get supplies to this poor structure. I was too shy to ask in map chat, so stayed oblivious about this mystery for a couple of days. Thankfully, some nice player let me know that's what the yaks were for. I laughed so hard at myself.

Sometime in the 1st year I was playing WvW fairly sporadically so was still pretty clueless. We had a little guild group of 5, and our commander decided we should ninja SM while the other server zergs were busy. I didn't believe we could do it, and I still remember the nervous excitement of ramming outer (we're still alive), then ramming inner (still alive!), fighting all the NPC's and the lord; and we got it! Claimed SM for our guild for the first time.

It's not always the battles that are memorable. but the fun with wvw friends. We did an 'Asuran Zerg' night. Then there was Willow's going away party, which ended at SM, and we all jumped off of the high pier to our deaths, laughing like crazy. Commander Grandpa's golem rushes! And - the report of Darkhaven reindeer spotted in EB on Christmas Eve! Fun times :D

One specific thing that stuck with me is when I first became "serious" with the mode and started playing Spellbreaker instead of wasting my life away as a Thief.

I was capturing one of the camps on Alpine when I was ganked by 4 players. I ran the typical Defense build with the heal stance and managed to focus them down one by one before they could really burst me down, getting a clutch heal off and getting multiple salty whispers in German about how I am obviously hacking with my heals and how impossible it is to 1v4 and that Anet will have a lot of fun reviewing how legit I am after they have reported me.

Maybe they just didn't want to be rude to their friends, but needless to say they were pretty awful and didn't even bring CC and stacked in my Hundred Blades to make it possible in the first place.

Archived