LWS4E5 Dwarven Catacombs Purple Room POI

Only seen one brief mention of this in a topic mostly related to the Hammer's Horde POI locking behind meta. Thought I'd make a distinct post and hope dev sees it.

Been perhaps four days in a row now yet to get map complete at Thunderhead Peaks on an alt toon due to the Light of Deldrimor three-room sequence not including the purple room. I'm sure that now the weekend is here we might get more than one server/IP shard(?) of this map I'll probably get lucky to get the purple room in the sequence, but given it is RNG (nothing related to map completion should be locked behind RNG!) I guess it is possible for us to NEVER EVER see purple room available again outside of story.

What I've done is a few times a day login to this toon, wait til I see some people doing the three-room sequence and seeing if they go to the purple room.

Please devs can you make a change along the lines of ensuring purple is ALWAYS included in the LoD three-room sequence? Or take easy route and make it like the green room (Hammer's Horde) POI and have it unlocked at the gate? Happy with the former solution meaning we still have to play the game (or buy the LoD plate from TP, dunno why on earth this was even made a thing) to get access, but given you made the green room not requiring meta, why not purple..?

Thanks!

It's been mentioned at least a dozen times, some in threads dedicated to just that issue.

I'll say the same thing I always say: I think it's a mistake to gate map completion by RNG or story. I don't think there should be event gates that prevent map completion.Unfortunately, this map isn't the first and it won't be the last that include this sort of thing.

FYI there are some people who park characters in the Graveling/Grape room just to help folks get the POI. Occasionally they post an LFG in Thunderhead Keep, sometimes just a comment on /map.I am one of those people and I try to honor all requests I see posted to /map.

If none of that works, and your in NA region, send me an in-game email and give me a couple of options for when you'd be available and we'll make it work.(better an annoying work-around than no work-around, right?)

They changed the green room poi to be attainable by walking up to the entrance gate instead of having to actually go in by doing the puzzle or through a mesmer portal. And it's not even gated behind RNG, you just had to put work into it and some people didn't like that, I guess...I don't see why they can't do the same with the purple room poi.

@Linken.6345 said:well since you unlock it during the story why not just do that?the other poi can be had by just walking up to the bars.

Appreciate the tip re. story. But being a completionist and having a thing where I like to take my currently-27 toons through each new map for completion, makes doing the story that many times not an appealing solution. :) I know, I don't NEED to map complete, but hey ultimately we don't even NEED to play the game. It is more of a request to the devs that they really try to consider how they implement map completion design (tho as @Illconceived Was Na.9781 mentioned, it isn't the first and likely won't be the last time we see such groan/shake of head design)

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:It's been mentioned at least a dozen times, some in threads dedicated to just that issue.

I'll say the same thing I always say: I think it's a mistake to gate map completion by RNG or story. I don't think there should be event gates that prevent map completion.Unfortunately, this map isn't the first and it won't be the last that include this sort of thing.

FYI there are some people who park characters in the Graveling/Grape room just to help folks get the POI. Occasionally they post an LFG in Thunderhead Keep, sometimes just a comment on /map.I am one of those people and I try to honor all requests I see posted to /map.

If none of that works, and your in NA region, send me an in-game email and give me a couple of options for when you'd be available and we'll make it work.(better an annoying work-around than no work-around, right?)

Thanks for the offer of help! Yeah I've checked LFG on occasion, not asked in /map (as I'm not THAT desperate that I want to bother another player for such a thing that is just a result of my completionist desires and not being blocked from real progress; it is more of a frustration with the design that I hope (I know..) that the devs will take into account going forward, and/or perhaps provide a fix given they did so with green room.)

I'll msg you though if days turn into weeks of not having any RNG luck! ;)

@McPilch.3719 said:I'm not THAT desperate that I want to bother another playerThis isn't about desperation; it's about practicality. There's no mechanic that guarantees anyone access to that part of the map simply by working on the map.Besides, some people live to help others (I'm not one of them; I just like to give back for all the people whose LFG I've borrowed over the years).

(That said: yeah, I'm reluctant to ask in /map, too.)

it is more of a frustration with the design that I hope (I know..) that the devs will take into account going forward, and/or perhaps provide a fix given they did so with green room.)It's an unfortunate and unpleasant design choice.And because they keep making it, I'm not sure that they'll fix it sooner rather than later.

I'll msg you though if days turn into weeks of not having any RNG luck! ;)Fair enough :)

I don't see the system continuing in the long run, but here's my thought on why it's done this way.

You get serpentine jewels from the meta and you get them from doing the puzzle right? So, maybe the thought was you do the story on one character, perhaps you do the metas a few times, you buy the portal scroll and then you bring in your alts to rotate the puzzle.

Locking the poi behind rng rotation actually helps everyone, it keeps people doing the meta (for the plates), it allows alt-aholics a chance for the poi without doing the story and it gives those going for the blood weapons and div armor a daily farm.

It's not perfect, but right now it's sustaining.

• 9 months later...

Actually here's my thought on this:I am here today on a toon that needs map completion. I did both meta's... got my Light of Deldrimor plate... just to find out today the Purple Room isn't one of the rooms in the squence.

This is simple: this is ArenaNet trolling their players.

Simply put: Unless I do the story on this toon, which I have NO intention on doing, I cannot get Map Completion today, in no way, shape or form.

Seriously... ArenaNet... this is THE PERFECT way to chase people off.

Ridiculous Mechanic... Locked behind meta's and then it's a MAYBE?!?!?!?!

I cannot word how I really feel about you guys right now, but it ain't pretty

@Tuna Bandit.3786 said:Actually here's my thought on this:I am here today on a toon that needs map completion. I did both meta's... got my Light of Deldrimor plate... just to find out today the Purple Room isn't one of the rooms in the squence.

This is simple: this is ArenaNet trolling their players.

Simply put: Unless I do the story on this toon, which I have NO intention on doing, I cannot get Map Completion today, in no way, shape or form.

Seriously... ArenaNet... this is THE PERFECT way to chase people off.

Ridiculous Mechanic... Locked behind meta's and then it's a MAYBE?!?!?!?!

I cannot word how I really feel about you guys right now, but it ain't pretty

Given the purple room is part of the story, that's the last room to complain about...

I know they change daily. I just did it again today. Again it wasn't in the sequence.

The reason I do not do storyline, I really hated the opening part of that story.And this toon, build as a glass deadeye for other purposes than storyline, will be a struggle.

I think it's absolute stupidity to lock this one POI behind either story, or a gamble factor with room sequences.

I think this map will not be completed, regret wasting my time on this map at all to be honest.

Why could they fix green room, yet not Purple?Green is a daily garuanteed room and THAT they fix?I cannot understand that logic at all.

Right now, I am done with this map... as a completionist, this is bothering me.But I am, again, not putting myself through the torture of playing the first instance just for 1 single poi.

This kind of mechanics are show stoppers for me. It does not help, it only frustrates players.