no downstate week shows how depressing balance is

Balsa.3951

I duuno. Not really for/against it. It'll be addressed at some point I'd imagine.

Had an awesome fight with a leather-clad psychopath earlier today - Myself (went firebrandy-burny-ish; never played it before!), and a reaper, who usually smokes everything they touch......went at it against one INCREDIBLE guy (indomitable legend)...and that battle was darn near 5 minutes straight. Between the stealth, heals, taunts, terrain use.....and my own pure stupidity....it was a freakin' workout to make him disappear. I think he only was on the bow a few times as well - no runnin' away, lame-arse tricks, or anything......an absolute beast. Props to whoever that was! THAT, is how a hunter is meant to be played. Not this garbage-y long-range BS that's some cruel joke to everyone under 3600 armor. It was the first time I was truly impressed by a ranger, and that guy deserves every letter of the title. The rest of 'em though? Meh. Boring.

So maybe 'some' balance is slightly askew? But......it's all just loopholes in how much damage a specific class can put out. Total yawner. If ya don't like dealing with it, waypoint out and deny the loot. Besides, If I didn't like contributing to the core value of group play, I'd be on one too!

The only thing I never understood? Arrows lose velocity over distance. How does that do more damage? Shouldn't the damage build to a point of accuracy and then fall off? Just sayin!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Anput.4620 said:

@"steki.1478" said:1200+ range oneshots or 15 seconds of damage immunity, both with 3+ mobility skills and usually with stealth.

Please tell me what build can have all this, and i mean exactly all this.

There's a little "or" in there, but spellbreaker soulbeast and mirage have those. Deadeye gets a honorable mention.

@Liah.8324 said:The only thing I never understood? Arrows lose velocity over distance. How does that do more damage? Shouldn't the damage build to a point of accuracy and then fall off? Just sayin!If we want to argue realism the ranger should easily have the range of about garri->bay, a warrior would literally throw himself away with the GS swings he's doing and an elementalist would obliterate the entire map in a meteor shower. Do you really want to go down that road?

So after 5 months not playing I finally decide to play this Level 4 disease...Just to find out some genius at Anet has decided to make no downstate event in a game where powercreep is off the roof.I hate when enemy's down and 2-3 people cleave with burst damage and the guy still gets revived but this is even worse.And this benefits groups with more range than others.

@Balsa.3951 said:

@Ben K.6238 said:K.

Elaborate?

now u stand somewhere and get bursted in 2 sec without even a chance of a team mate rezz u up.

it feels like the game took away one feature for the sake of be more in order what WOW player are used too. I simply cant see where no downstate enhances fun as well.and by taking downstate away u noticed more how fast u fall from 100% health to 0.I say this as a guardian with a weak downstate in compare to other classes

So you stood there for 2 seconds face tanking a burst? GW2 is not like lots of other MMO where defenses are based on passive stats for evades or blocks, rather they are active defenses. That means you have to be aware and ready to react, if you are not then you should be in spawn until you are ready.

What you are saying here is how unaware you are and you are now noticing your short comings without downed state and larger numbers to rezz you. So you are a guard in group play, yet everyone else is having to support and carry you.

What class bursted you? What is your build? How much HP and defense? What skills did they use and how much dmg? Why didn't you dodge?

U know and I know that nobody facetank any burst 2 seconds except while being afk.

Here a situation I’m in a 1v1 I’m at 50% some enemy joins the fight rev or ranger start bursting from my blind spot. I’m dead.

Or I do it to someone else, I’m not the player who dies and cry on the forum I also tell weaknesses of the game when they giving me an advantage

Sooo, you misrepresented what happened to serve your purpose?

You didn't get burst down in 2 seconds, you were in a fight with CDs while at 50% health, you were not aware enough to see the other person coming and paid the price of being out numbered. There is nothing wrong with that, or for some reason do you think you should be able to face tank an unload from someone behind you while you are at 50% health already?

now u stand somewhere and get bursted in 2 sec without even a chance of a team mate rezz u up.

it feels like the game took away one feature for the sake of be more in order what WOW player are used too. I simply cant see where no downstate enhances fun as well.and by taking downstate away u noticed more how fast u fall from 100% health to 0.I say this as a guardian with a weak downstate in compare to other classes

So you stood there for 2 seconds face tanking a burst? GW2 is not like lots of other MMO where defenses are based on passive stats for evades or blocks, rather they are active defenses. That means you have to be aware and ready to react, if you are not then you should be in spawn until you are ready.

What you are saying here is how unaware you are and you are now noticing your short comings without downed state and larger numbers to rezz you. So you are a guard in group play, yet everyone else is having to support and carry you.

What class bursted you? What is your build? How much HP and defense? What skills did they use and how much dmg? Why didn't you dodge?

U know and I know that nobody facetank any burst 2 seconds except while being afk.

Here a situation I’m in a 1v1 I’m at 50% some enemy joins the fight rev or ranger start bursting from my blind spot. I’m dead.

Or I do it to someone else, I’m not the player who dies and cry on the forum I also tell weaknesses of the game when they giving me an advantage

You didn't get burst down in 2 seconds, you were in a fight with CDs while at 50% health, you were not aware enough to see the other person coming and paid the price of being out numbered. There is nothing wrong with that, or for some reason do you think you should be able to face tank an unload from someone behind you while you are at 50% health already?

again for u its not only about i get killed its also about my enemies get burst down in 1 sec if u think 50% health should die in 1 sec than u may wanna play counterstrike and not an mmo. ps i have maurauder gear with blocks up in that moment

again for u its not only about i get killed its also about my enemies get burst down in 1 sec if u think 50% health should die in 1 sec than u may wanna play counterstrike and not an mmo. ps i have maurauder gear with blocks up in that moment

So which is it? 2 seconds or 1 second? Standing still or in an active fight out numbered? Full health or 50%? You don't seem to be able to keep your story straight. You still didn't answer any of my questions from my first post either, you just keep on changing the imaginary situation you were in to be more and more ridiculous.

@"steki.1478" said:I love how majority of players liking no downstate week are solo roamers and most popular roaming builds are the ones with 1200+ range oneshots or 15 seconds of damage immunity, both with 3+ mobility skills and usually with stealth. Who cares how many enemies are there when you can always pick one and kill it with no issues.. "Skilled 1vx" more like no risk 1vx.

Dont worry,today you can rely on downed state to win a fight again,like someone with "SkiLlz"//.

@"steki.1478" said:I love how majority of players liking no downstate week are solo roamers and most popular roaming builds are the ones with 1200+ range oneshots or 15 seconds of damage immunity, both with 3+ mobility skills and usually with stealth. Who cares how many enemies are there when you can always pick one and kill it with no issues.. "Skilled 1vx" more like no risk 1vx.

The "X" must be really bad if it presents the "1" with no risk.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

You can kill people at max range whether they are skilled or not, thats the point. And what happens if the player on the "1" side is bad? They disengage with 2k range leaps/blinks and repeat in 15 seconds because game allows them to.

@steki.1478 said:

@steki.1478 said:I love how majority of players liking no downstate week are solo roamers and most popular roaming builds are the ones with 1200+ range oneshots or 15 seconds of damage immunity, both with 3+ mobility skills and usually with stealth. Who cares how many enemies are there when you can always pick one and kill it with no issues.. "Skilled 1vx" more like no risk 1vx.

You can kill people at max range whether they are skilled or not, thats the point. And what happens if the player on the "1" side is bad? They disengage with 2k range leaps/blinks and repeat in 15 seconds because game allows them to.

What class are you even talking about because it sounds like you've mashed up Ranger and Mirage, maybe some DE too.

@Caedmon.6798 said:

Dont worry,today you can rely on downed state to win a fight again,like someone with "SkiLlz"//.

"SkiLlz" in WvW. /facepalm

@Balsa.3951 said:burst builds showing even more how depressing balance is atm

+1Most certainly is(I wouldn't use the word depressing because for a balance to be depressing there must be efforts made and to redux its toxic influences from repeating again)

The correct word is shameful.

History Repeats itself again

-same repetitive meta's, same-more power creeps, same-more condition creeps, same-more broken specs, same-more bad design everything

'For there to be balance, there must be encouragement to healthy balance'

What we have here is not encouragement to healthy balance but encouragement to toxic imbalances(opinion)

So which is it? 2 seconds or 1 second? Standing still or in an active fight out numbered? Full health or 50%? You don't seem to be able to keep your story straight. You still didn't answer any of my questions from my first post either, you just keep on changing the imaginary situation you were in to be more and more ridiculous.

U try really hard hahah u be one of those people holding tight to every straw I guess. Ok I better stop try explaining u what I mean since u want play lawyer tv show here and I’m not interested in that.

But thanks for the giggle

What no downstate does is turn the game from 1v5s into a series of 5 1v1s for example. Being able to single out one person and kill them is fantastic, because no longer can they simply push their number advantage on you. Downing somebody and having multiple people rush to either shit on you or ress them is boring as heck, even though you could potentially play well enough to win it if they didn't.

Saying you should never be able to win that as a single person is just silly. Of course you should. If somebody only presses 1 and doesn't dodge roll are you supposed to just let him live because "oh well, numbers"? It brings an excitement back into the game that is missing whenever you run around just to get farmed by groups bigger than you. At least giving you the illusion of a fair chance goes a long way. If I fight against a Necro and know I have to blow my CC on him before he just outsustains or condi bombs me into a retreat I know that I will have 0 chance to survive against the other guy rushing in with his set of available skills.

@"Blocki.4931" said:What no downstate does is turn the game from 1v5s into a series of 5 1v1s for example. Being able to single out one person and kill them is fantastic, because no longer can they simply push their number advantage on you. Downing somebody and having multiple people rush to either kitten on you or ress them is boring as heck, even though you could potentially play well enough to win it if they didn't.

Saying you should never be able to win that as a single person is just silly. Of course you should. If somebody only presses 1 and doesn't dodge roll are you supposed to just let him live because "oh well, numbers"? It brings an excitement back into the game that is missing whenever you run around just to get farmed by groups bigger than you. At least giving you the illusion of a fair chance goes a long way. If I fight against a Necro and know I have to blow my CC on him before he just outsustains or condi bombs me into a retreat I know that I will have 0 chance to survive against the other guy rushing in with his set of available skills.

so you prefer + 1 shot-toxicity as excitement over healthy competition which results in fun?

-would you prefer short-term excitement over long-term fun-?

(I'm sure you know far to well including myself that if the game balance was design around fun; there would be far lesser problems with balance as what we have here with short-term excitement resulting in endless repetitive problems in result, continually rewarding toxicity instead of punishing it)

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@"Blocki.4931" said:What no downstate does is turn the game from 1v5s into a series of 5 1v1s for example. Being able to single out one person and kill them is fantastic, because no longer can they simply push their number advantage on you. Downing somebody and having multiple people rush to either kitten on you or ress them is boring as heck, even though you could potentially play well enough to win it if they didn't.

so you prefer + 1 shot-toxicity as excitement over healthy competition which results in fun?

(I'm sure you know far to well including myself that if the game balance was design around fun; there would be far lesser problems with balance as what we have here with short-term excitement resulting in endless repetitive problems in result, continually rewarding toxicity instead of punishing it)

No, I can just enjoy and take a temporary event for what it is. If I had any say in balance to create fun I'd introduce diminished returns on CC and slightly lower damage AND defenses all across the board. Of course you're going to see more one shot builds when they don't have the drawback of being unable to finish either downs or more than one person is what I'm saying. It's fun, it's satisfying to pull off some crazy plays. For example I was just watching a fight between blue and green, decided to jump into the fray and killed around 15 people just from using my Berserker Gun Flame into groups of enemies.

Of course that's cheap as hell, but the fact it was possible for once when it wouldn't have been otherwise was what made it thrilling.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@steki.1478 said:I love how majority of players liking no downstate week are solo roamers and most popular roaming builds are the ones with 1200+ range oneshots or 15 seconds of damage immunity, both with 3+ mobility skills and usually with stealth. Who cares how many enemies are there when you can always pick one and kill it with no issues.. "Skilled 1vx" more like no risk 1vx.

What class are you even talking about because it sounds like you've mashed up Ranger and Mirage, maybe some DE too.

All 3 can do what I described.

@Burnfall.9573 said:

Healthy competition ?Downed state only benefits whoever has more numbers.A squad with skilled players cant win against mindless blobs because of this mechanic along with rally.If by "competition" you mean quantity > quality you're 100% correct

@Balsa.3951 said:

@"Ben K.6238" said:K.

Elaborate?

U try really hard hahah u be one of those people holding tight to every straw I guess. Ok I better stop try explaining u what I mean since u want play lawyer tv show here and I’m not interested in that.

So you are giving up because I called you on your BS?

I guess asking you simple questions that you can't answer is "trying really hard". "Trying hard" is post after post of back peddling, story changing and fabricating more and more imaginary situations.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

@"Ben K.6238" said:K.

Elaborate?

So you are giving up because I called you on your BS?

I guess asking you simple questions that you can't answer is "trying really hard". "Trying hard" is post after post of back peddling, story changing and fabricating more and more imaginary situations.

Yes u got me it was 2 seconds to be bursted down not one .../rolls eyes

@Balsa.3951 said:burst builds showing even more how depressing balance is atm

You get bursted down because you are effectively running glass. The trade-off, you can also burst others down. What I'm finding with this event though is we have people jumping on classes they don't know how to play trying to cash in on cheesy gank style mechanics. It doesn't really work. The reality is, most people run enough toughness, and have enough boons and barriers thrown at them that your bust attack won't even shed 10% of their hp. That is the cold hard reality.

You will see people admitting in all these no down-state threads they are playing classes they never really played before or aren't too familiar with. So if someone is playing a class they don't know how to play.. why are they playing glassy? Because they are trying to cash in; that's they're own problem if they don't know how to play the classes properly to avoid getting bursted down.

@spectrito.8513 said:

Healthy competition ?Downed state only benefits whoever has more numbers.A squad with skilled players cant win against mindless blobs because of this mechanic along with rally.If by "competition" you mean quantity > quality you're 100% correct

A better smaller squad does beat a mindless blob even with downstate. The only time the smaller group loses is if they mess up, or aren't much better than the larger group, in which case, no down state doesn't even change the outcome.

Throughout the week I rarely died, and I still prefer downstate. I don't enjoy being forced into a dull 1 shot build.