The new charr female voice

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

She also played the Public Address Holo announcer in the Inquest facilities in LS4.2 and Sandswept Isles.

Having listened, I have to admit that I might end up liking her better than the original VA. She really nails the PA announcements with a perfect balance of Dr Evilness, everyone's least favorite bureaucrat, and "stay calm; your body is merely dissolving; nothing to worry about."

However, we haven't yet heard her in the actual story, so I'm keeping an open mind.

Was her? Wow, then yeah she did a very good job in sandswept, impatient to hear more of her lines! ;D

I don't think the female charr voice in the base game is bad. I've come across some voice acting in the game that was just unbelievably bad. Holy Cow the voice for the ogres I helped as part of personal story chapter 5. Now that was bad acting! Like a high schooler reading a history report in front of the class.

@EmmetOtter.8542 said:I don't think the female charr voice in the base game is bad. I've come across some voice acting in the game that was just unbelievably bad. Holy Cow the voice for the ogres I helped as part of personal story chapter 5. Now that was bad acting! Like a high schooler reading a history report in front of the class.

there was also snip-its where as a male norn player, you KNEW mathew mercer was not doing X Line because it sounded completely different than what you had been running with up to that point. And then the very next line its fine again; The old stuff has some sketchy story bits prior to Living world and HoT, Truth be told I doubt ill ever run through and listen to any of it again as its not a requirement to have done it to see current stuff.

That said I do feel like it will help new players; Having a cool voice is part of the charm and the old charr female to me sounded bored in the grand scheme of things. I never was once convinced that anything mattered; My female charr was so bleh about everything. This new voice has more weight and it would be a shame not to use it more than just from here on and have her go back and do touch up on what was to me at least... the weakest performance of the PC's.

@Inoki.6048 said:Voice acting is one of the worst in this game. They re-used voices of the same, what, 4 (?) people on every toon in the game. It's like wherever I go I hear the same voice modified. So cheap.

You realize every game re-uses voices; it's too inefficient in terms of studio time to have 100 voices for 100 NPCs.That said, the list of VAs used in this game is extensive.

I admit there's some really horrid examples. There's also many actors who do stellar jobs. The exact list of each will vary for different players. The player character voice I think is the weakest is a favorite of some people.

I liked Kate voice Pre-HoT, after that she tried to sounds like a "real" charr but lacked emotion, she seems to have difficulty in expressing emotion while talking in low pitch voice, as for Mara? After the flying section, i loved her voice though she, like everybody else, sounds like has to take a deep breath after saying her lines

@Inoki.6048 said:Voice acting is one of the worst in this game. They re-used voices of the same, what, 4 (?) people on every toon in the game. It's like wherever I go I hear the same voice modified. So cheap.This is an MMO where million of NPC are present with no significant role in the game but they makes the world feel more alive with their banter and Anet isn't a huge company, while i agree some actor sound like they're just there for the paycheck (Deputy Mira come to mind) having each actor for each npc would be too costly.