Why is everyone mad? What is happening? did I miss something? Please, somebody explain this to me

I've seen a lot of outrages about the Mystic forge and an event. I wasn't able to be in game for almost a day now and it seems like I missed something. Can anyone please explain this to me? Is it a new thing? What is this event and will it be back so I can participate in this too or is it gone forever and only happened once yesterday? Just curious and confused, nothing more.Wish everyone a nice day though.

That's all? Hmm I've heard that it gives you a chance of an extremely rare item and 15 AP. Does this event come back or did this happen only once in one day? Am I to late for it? The AP would be nice though since the last episode didn't provide a good amount of them again in comparison to the ones from living story season 1 or 2.

It seems rather a silly thing to be mad about unless there’s more to it that I don’t know. I mean, if you go in for an unspecified reward, I really don’t think you can complain. Why would you contribute a ton of mats or anything else to something like this unless it didn’t matter to you? (I’d happily give 1k empyrean fragments, bloodstone dust or dragonite ore for a chance at... well, anything remotely useful really! :lol: )

@VDAC.2137 said:It seems rather a silly thing to be mad about unless there’s more to it that I don’t know. I mean, if you go in for an unspecified reward, I really don’t think you can complain. Why would you contribute a ton of mats or anything else to something like this unless it didn’t matter to you? (I’d happily give 1k empyrean fragments, bloodstone dust or dragonite ore for a chance at... well, anything remotely useful really! :lol: )

Well some people apparently donated all that got kicked of game and got nothing since the event stalled.

But does the event come back or did I miss it for good? I've standing around in LA for 15 minutes but still nothing happens even if the wiki says that it occurs every 5 minutes. Is this a permanent thing or only something that happened once? I'd like to get those 15 AP at least since the recent living story episode don't provide as much as season 1 or 2 did.

@Cynder.2509 said:But does the event come back or did I miss it for good?I fully expect it to be permanent once ANet gets to fix the bugs. Timed achievements have been a thing of the past ever since the end of season 1 outside of a very few holiday-event related achievements, and even those have a window of three weeks to claim them, not just a couple of hours unanounced on patch day.

@Rasimir.6239 said:

@Cynder.2509 said:But does the event come back or did I miss it for good?I fully expect it to be permanent once ANet gets to fix the bugs. Timed achievements have been a thing of the past ever since the end of season 1 outside of a very few holiday-event related achievements, and even those have a window of three weeks to claim them, not just a couple of hours unanounced on patch day.

Thanks, I hope to catch up on that thing as soon as possible. Just got to read the official statement from the devs about the issue and that the achievements will be obtainable in the series of planned events.

@"TheAgedGnome.7520" said:A video explanation:

Already watched it this morning. I think it sums it up pretty much. (as almost everything Noxxi does) But where are my 15 AP? I'm running short on opportunities to get AP since each release of living world episodes is rather short of these compared to ls1 and 2. I heard the event might be a permanent thing.Gotta check that out later.

Anyways thanks to everyone and I hope you all have a nice day/night/whatever time it is in your place.