Dragon fest seems pointless

I agree the arena should've had more difficulty options.Maybe like the gambits during Queens' Jubilee.The content is fine for a festival, is all supposed to be light hearted fun.

I'm having fun, doing something else for a change, without sacrificing my time not earning AP

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having fun too. Besides the beetle racing and pinata bashing, I enjoy all the little details they've added - the decor, the music, the ambient dialogue between revelers, Knut Whitebear acting as major domo and tour guide. I also spend a lot of time in the arena, which normally I would avoid, because I just finished leveling up a new healer and it's a great place to practice her skills.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Tarlonniel.6534 said:I'm having fun too. Besides the beetle racing and pinata bashing, I enjoy all the little details they've added - the decor, the music

Speaking of which:
where
on Tyria
is
that choir we were hearing about? Couldn't find them anywhere in Hoelbrak.

I also want to know this. Or are the some sound settings that block it.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Tarlonniel.6534 said:I'm having fun too. Besides the beetle racing and pinata bashing, I enjoy all the little details they've added - the decor, the music

Speaking of which:
where
on Tyria
is
that choir we were hearing about? Couldn't find them anywhere in Hoelbrak.

Do you mean the Dragon Bash song? Go into the Great Lodge.

Awesome festival, plenty of time to do both masteries (annual and regular) even if you play a few mins each day, nice skins, I mean this is EXACTLY what similar festival should be about. Not your average "omg_i_have_to_get_all_achievs_today" tryhard, who gets bored after 2 days of burning himself out.

I acutally didn't notice the option to rent (still playing without expansions) - until I consulted a guide for the achievements for this festival (for another achievement than the racing ones). And it wasn't even that hard without mount/Beetle knowledge to beat the 1:30 for gold. (Pinata bashing gold even with guides needed a bit more training until I got it.)

Since I stopped end of 2013 (returned 2-3 weeks ago to the game) it almost feels like yesterday. (According to wiki the last Dragon Bash was years ago and while they repeated other events yearly they didn't wo it with Dragon Bash until now?) :D

I think it could be a little better with a wider range of activities, or at least improvements on the activities that are there.

The stampedes having tougher mobs and a boss at the end with better rewards or more coffers would be nice. Maybe 10 coffers for killing the boss at the end or something.

And the arena is the same. The difficulty isn’t really there, especially if you have a ton of people with you. The order of bosses is always the same and the bosses themselves are the same, where it might be kind of cool to have a variation of potential boss spawns and have them scale higher with more coffers per boss.

Maybe even a Queen’s gauntlet version with a solo arena and random boss spawns that have the survival mechanic where things get tougher. The higher the stacks the more coffers you get.

But I’m one of the dumb people that just tries to get as many coffers as I can in hopes of getting the infusion because I’ve just really wanted the infusion since it came out and know I’ll never get it from shatterer.

I guess I just need to learn that the infusion drop rates are always so low that they’re basically mythical and are just meant to inflate gem to good conversions for people desperate enough to gamble for them. Personally I think there are enough prestige items in the game without forcing infusions into this for-the-rich only or cosmically lucky obtaining method.

I read a long time ago that games like candy crush sometimes implement different algorithms depending on whether a player has spent money or not that affects how the game treats them specifically, and I have to wonder sometimes if there’s something similar with the rng system in here.

But anyway, back to the festival, I think improving existing events would be a great first step, then maybe adding a wider variety of activities in future events would be cool. Maybe some kind of Vahtendi academy style pop quiz activity about elder dragon lore or a lair of the snowman style dungeon craw that teleports you into a random area overrun with a random elder dragon champ and it’s minions could be cool.

@Ashantara.8731 said:Okay, I am in the Great Lodge right now, and again, no singing, no choir. :/

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:They do take breaks; that, or you must get near the doors to start the song.

But the choir isn't physically present?

Maybe it was the dancing Revelers that were singing; I don't know, I didn't look at their faces.The singing started when I went next to the doors where the little staircase on the mini-map is; it was probably a coincidence.

The more I play this festival the more I like it. I got a really nice weapon and skin yesterday from doing 5 days of the dailies and I'm looking forward to getting more of them. The time trial was the first time I've been able to use the roller beetle I recently unlocked and I love speeding through the checkpoints. I really gotta practice those sharp turns though. :)

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:Okay, I am in the Great Lodge right now, and again, no singing, no choir. :/

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:They do take breaks; that, or you must get near the doors to start the song.

But the choir isn't physically present?

Maybe it was the dancing Revelers that were singing; I don't know, I didn't look at their faces.The singing started when I went next to the doors where the little staircase on the mini-map is; it was probably a coincidence.

For me the singing was already going the minute I stepped into the Great Lodge. I saw lots of dancers but no singers, but I didn't check the whole place for them.

@"Kal Spiro.9745" said:The point is that they revived a major event from Season 1. That's the only point that matters. Hopefully the Aetherblades won't crash this one, though.

Oh, I seriously hope that there will be some grand finale. :) The festival became repetitive quickly as, at least for me, there are only two activities that are remotely fun: The Mount Race and the Dragon Bash Arena. The Mount Race, because it is the most attention-heavy activity, and the Dragon Bash Arena, because it makes for fast farming of chests. Moa racing doesn't require neither skill nor much attention as it is a 100% passive "activity", and the Stampede is super boring to begin with. There is no exciting long-term collection like the Wintersday unique shoulder skin or anthing of the kind that will keep you hyped for more than 2-3 days. :/ I hope there will be more content next year, preferably some story quests, anything diverse that doesn't just include killing mobs.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Kal Spiro.9745" said:The point is that they revived a major event from Season 1. That's the only point that matters. Hopefully the Aetherblades won't crash this one, though.

Oh, I seriously
hope
that there will be some grand finale. :) The festival became repetitive quickly as, at least for me, there are only two activities that are remotely fun: The Mount Race and the Dragon Bash Arena. The Mount Race, because it is the most attention-heavy activity, and the Dragon Bash Arena, because it makes for fast farming of chests. Moa racing doesn't require neither skill nor much attention as it is a 100% passive "activity", and the Stampede is super boring to begin with. There is no exciting long-term collection like the Wintersday unique shoulder skin or anthing of the kind that will keep you hyped for more than 2-3 days. :/ I hope there will be more content next year, preferably some story quests, anything diverse that doesn't just include killing mobs.

You don't care for the weapon skins? I just unlocked the shield and my holo neeeeds that sword in her life. Then the rifle. Then my holo will be tricked out with holo weapons no matter which spec she uses. ?

Festivals and other events are set up to be fill in type game play. You do not have to do them you can farm silverwastes still if you want. They are easy to add or take away from the game and only last a short time. If Anet added them to the game permanently there would be no use for most of them. The idea is to have fun with it when available kind of take a break from the projects you are doing at the time they come out. They also improve them as they come back to the game. GW2 is not going anywhere the game will not close because of them so plenty of time to have fun because its made for fun.

my struggle, and its real, is the 19 pinata bashing in 1min30, I have jumped into doors to be able to drop down, but get stuck in them (not one door, door posts have the same effect), the lag I experience means I have to bash pinata twice sometimes, and lose valuable time. I have managed 16/19 and that's my average, but with full maps, it just seems laggy. I have done most of the other events which are fun to do, and race around Hoelbrak I have even managed 2nd, so not my skills, just seems laggy to get the last 3. I have watched countless youtube videos and adjusted my route, watched these people make mistakes, yet they still managed 19 or 20 within the time. Is anyone else having some lag issues or is it just my toaster? I live on the furthest tip of the African continent, so that may also contribute to some of the lag I experience, as most servers are in EU