Headbutt Stunning self with Stability? What?

Hadi.3167

Correct me if I'm wrong... but is headbutt suppose to remove all stability on your self or the enemy? Maybe i'm reading the skill wrong. Or is it both player and enemy? Headbutt will still stun you even if you have stability and just remove the stab from the enemy. Isn't that kinda backwards? We both have stability but i still get stunned? Is this the trade-off cause i'm literally confused right now.

From the latest patch notes:

Headbutt: This skill now removes all stacks of stability when casting and does 50% more damage if stability was removed.

Edit: I mean, "removes all stacks of stability when casting" is a rather vague statement. It might mean the warrior removes their own stability.

Forcing to take Outrage to make Head Butt + Outrage combo work more reliably... but absolutely unintuitively remove all stability stacks that could be handy seconds later... common sense is lacking with this change. Damage buff is nice, but it should be the other way around, removing all stability stacks of target and getting damage bonus on targets with stability... oh well.

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:Yes but you're having to take/waste a skill/trait just so you can maybe use a skill. To me it's a worthless skill mechanic (the self stun) with a huge tell.

Again, if you use it at point blank range there is almost no tell. Besides if this is PvP or WvW Savage Instinct is better than Smash Brawler for the damage invulnerability (small though it is) relative to the duration. You can headbutt them from 180 units or less away, and they will not see it, then BMode to break stun, then Decap or Arc Divider, Blood Reckoning, Decap or Arc Divider again to clean up.

If you are using Headbutt from max range in PvP/WvW without fishing out all the dodges/blocks you deserve to get stomped.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:You can always take Savage Instinct to make Berserk Mode a stunbreaker. Use Brave Stride or Shattering Blow to generate some stability ->Headbutt->Berserkmode->DPS rotation.

Shattering blow will still stun you cause .. Like i said.. It removes stability when you hit so you will stun yourself. I've tried this multiple times even with Dolyak Signet. It removes all stability stacks from you and the foe.

@Sazukikrah.5036 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:You can always take Savage Instinct to make Berserk Mode a stunbreaker. Use Brave Stride or Shattering Blow to generate some stability ->Headbutt->Berserkmode->DPS rotation.

Shattering blow will still stun you cause .. Like i said.. It removes stability when you hit so you will stun yourself. I've tried this multiple times even with Dolyak Signet. It removes all stability stacks from you and the foe.

Again for those in the back who can't hear. Savage Instinct breaks the stun when you enter BMode

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Again for those in the back who can't hear.
Savage Instinct breaks the stun when you enter BMode

But we already know this... This wasn't the topic of the post bro...

@Sazukikrah.5036 said:

Yet, the topic also moved to Headbutt+Outrage and Anet pushing trait/skill combos bro. You are completely ignoring part of the conversation.

Headbutt will self stun you. Either slot Savage Instinct, Outrage, or both and use it as intended. If you don't want to use it as intended, then stop complaining about how it works as intended. Anet also just gave you extra damage at the start of your spike if you choose to use it, so use it.

Also, you are aware that shattering blow isn't what is stunning you right?

@Sazukikrah.5036 said:

Shattering blow will still stun you cause .. Like i said..

@Rettan.9603 said:This skill would fill a niche if it also removes all stability from the target too.I.e. to prepare a burst in PvP.(Remember it is still highly telegraphed!)

Yet, it has very little tell at point blank range.

True, but saying that won't fit his agenda to buff everything he wants to get buffed, so better conveniently avoid mentioning (or even acknowledging, lmao) that, ever.

@Sazukikrah.5036 said:

It's part of the class, so it's part of the discussion bro...

• Confused 1

Yet, the topic also moved to Headbutt+Outrage and Anet pushing trait/skill combos
bro
. You are completely ignoring part of the conversation.

Headbutt will self stun you. Either slot Savage Instinct, Outrage, or both and use it as intended. If you don't want to use it as intended, then stop complaining about how it works as intended. Anet also just gave you extra damage at the start of your spike if you choose to use it, so use it.

Also, you are aware that shattering blow isn't what is stunning you right?

Shattering blow will still stun you cause .. Like i said..

For the love of God learn to read...

Shattering blow gives 2 seconds of stab , you use headbutt .. You still get stunned... Cause it removes stability.. The initial post was about self stunning, but not stunning the foe even if they had stability. Please learn to read i'll copy and paste if for you twice so you don't miss it. Shattering blow gives 2 seconds of stab , you use headbutt .. You still get stunned... Cause it removes stability.. Shattering blow gives 2 seconds of stab , you use headbutt .. You still get stunned... Cause it removes stability.. . I didn't ask or say anything about Savage instinct or why Arena net is forcing players to run a stagnant build instead of allowing diversity.