Please do something with the Skyscale.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:Your mileage may vary obv, as not everyone feels the same about specific mounts ( I don't like Jackal - yeah I said it) but give it time. Maybe it won't change your mind, but maybe it will?

Maybe, currently I am grinding Dragonfall to get the third mastery.. But let me tell you, Grinding more after grinding for several days does not really put me in the best of moods.

I also think it's kind of ugly.. the only skin that is cool for it, in my own opition, was the Shimmerwing, and Anet decided to pull it just before I got the means to buy it. So I am salty about that.

I bought the mount pack, and use the BIolum skin for most of my characters (as it's awesome) and I use the Axe Jaw skin for all my Charr (because it just fits). Not nearly as cool looking as many of the Griffon skins though, but /shrugI wish I had some kind of money now to buy some skins for it atleast.. But, stuff came up so my money had to go to other things instead. : (

@"Krystal.3271" said:I am really busy with my job and I manage to get few hours at night to play the game trying to get the new mount. And what I receive is a blocked collections with timegate and hell 250 map currencies. I like the Skyscale, I even bought 2k gems just to prepare to buy skin for it and after finishing a hell long collection, again I got stuck at saddle collection. It is even worse when this collection requires me to spend WEEKS to finish. Seriously? I am really upset and angry, Anet. You created this collection just to try to prolong the playing time of players in a ridiculous way. And even when this collection series require a lot of time to finish, you also don't allow us to view it in advance to prepare while waiting for daily timegate. You know what? I AM DONE WITH THIS GAME.https://imgur.com/NlNEGl7

The currency has been known for a long time already and both dragonbash and bos rush gave lots of currencies.

Is it really that bad.

@Tiviana.2650 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I enjoy the Skyscale very much; so much, in fact, that I barely use any other Mount.

This is why they should just go and make it full flight. No one that has the mount is even bothering with the other mounts anymore, people said full flying would make all the other mounts useless. Well the prophecy is about fulfilled.

Not true, at least for me. I use the Raptor quite a lot as it is fast and can be used to pull mobs in combat, and I still use the Skimmer on the handful of maps that require it. The Skyscale, for me, has largely replaced the Griffon and Springer, but were it to be a constant flight mount, it would replace every mount.

@GoldenPants.1870 said:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:I think you just need to give it some time. At first I was pretty unimpressed by the Skyscale, and now I hardly if ever bring out my Griffon or Springer. What does it excel in? Getting to hard to reach places with less room for error.

Yea maybe.. It just discourages me after such a long grind to end up with such an underhelming mount at the start you feel me ?

honestly, getting the walljump mastery changed everything for me, and this is as someone who was going to use the skyscale as default anyway because dragon.

i honestly felt extremely disappointed by the skyscale during the rent-a-scale portion of the journey. i always felt like i could never reach anywhere properly, it was constantly stressful when encountering enemies because it meant a long journey to find another skyscale if i got knocked off, which i often did.

the pre mastery journey wasn't much better after i got the skyscale, i had almost all the same issues but i atleast always had access to my skyscale. made it less stressful so it was more enjoyable then.

getting the ability to mount the skyscale in midair changed almost nothing of my opinion because it was still extremely difficult to get anywhere and you were punished for mounting midair after using updrafts, bouncing mushrooms or anything else that raised your height, it almost felt like it's own disappointment. that's now changed, thankfully, at least, so you'll have fewer frustrations when hopping onto your skyscale midair.

rift repair felt like a dead mastery and i was frustrated because it meant that i was delayed longer in order to get the wall jump. i barely use the rift repair mastery as is, making me wait for the best mastery made me realise how much the skyscale is hinged on the walljump mastery.

once you get the walljump mastery, things get far better. the wall sticking becomes a non-issue because now you can wall jump and use it to climb. because the wall sticking is less of an issue, the barrel roll dash feels far more useful as a whole now becase even if you stick to something, if you have the other dash or your vigor button ready, you can use it as part of your movement, and in general the skyscale feels far more useful now.

i almost exclusively use the skyscale now, it's hard to get out of the dragonrider fantasy. some days i just go online to ride the skyscale and feel like a dragonrider.

So, even as someone who was always going to use the dragon mount because it's a dragon mount, there was a vast quality of life difference between getting the skyscale itself and getting the walljump mastery. it's an unfortunate result of the design, but thankfully the journey to acquire the walljump didn't take too long for me so i don't feel the effects now. So trust me when i say that the walljump makes a world of a difference when it comes to the skyscale. you'll still have speed issues, but the quality of life in climbing and general terrain use really makes it it's own thing. so, i agree, until you get the walljump, it's a drag to use. and that's very unfortunate.

@castlemanic.3198 said:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:I think you just need to give it some time. At first I was pretty unimpressed by the Skyscale, and now I hardly if ever bring out my Griffon or Springer. What does it excel in? Getting to hard to reach places with less room for error.

Yea maybe.. It just discourages me after such a long grind to end up with such an underhelming mount at the start you feel me ?

rift repair felt like a dead mastery and i was frustrated because it meant that i was delayed longer in order to get the wall jump. i barely use the rift repair mastery as is, making me wait for the best mastery made me realise how much the skyscale is hinged on the walljump mastery.

once you get the walljump mastery, things get far better. the wall sticking becomes a non-issue because now you can wall jump and use it to climb. because the wall sticking is less of an issue, the barrel roll dash feels far more useful as a whole now becase even if you stick to something, if you have the other dash or your vigor button ready, you can use it as part of your movement, and in general the skyscale feels far more useful now.

I still find it an issue, I got the third mastery, but the Skyscale still seems to attach to pure air at times which is rather annoying.

I prefer the skyscale because it is a jack of all trades. The uniqueness of each mount, while providing fun gameplay options, also made it necessary to change mounts often. Key-binding each mount makes switching easier but it was still something that annoyed me. Switching back and forth was the fuel keeping me going through the collection.

I only have 2 minor complaints:

1. Skyscale wall grabs as though it is afraid of flying.
  2. I keep getting the mount shot out from under me and can't deploy my glider. I don't see the logic of why we can't recover from being dismounted from the skyscale.

@Tiviana.2650 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I enjoy the Skyscale very much; so much, in fact, that I barely use any other Mount.

This is why they should just go and make it full flight. No one that has the mount is even bothering with the other mounts anymore, people said full flying would make all the other mounts useless. Well the prophecy is about fulfilled.

I don't agree. Part of the fun of the Skyscale is maneuvering, and there's always some danger factor. With full flight, one doesn't even have to pay attention to the screen.

@GoldenPants.1870 said:

I still find it an issue, I got the third mastery, but the Skyscale still seems to attach to pure air at times which is rather annoying.

It's odd. My Skyscale doesn't stick to anything, unless I am pressing forward. It certainly won't stick to anything on its own; it will just hover next to it. Maybe mine is broken. /shrug

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@NanoEliteSixSixSix.8935 said:I should take mine to see a movie this weekend. Oh god I'm going to have to buy a lot of popcorn...

She may prefer Swedish Fish. :tongue:

That's a terrible idea. Never mind the monetary cost to get that much candy; I do not want to spend the rrst of my weekend dealing with a dragon jacked up on that much sugar...

Skyscale is now my go to mount for pretty much any situation. It's true the springer can jump, but the accuracy of that jump can't compare to the abilty of a skyscale to get exactly where I want. The griffon can go faster, but it doesn't hover. These two things alone make the skyscale more valuable. Try the mastery point in Tomb of Primevil Kings on a griffon, a springer and a skyscale, and let me tell you which will get up to the top first. Saying you don't like it is one thing. Saying it's has no purpose is not true.

@yann.1946 said:

The currency has been known for a long time already and both dragonbash and bos rush gave lots of currencies.

Is it really that bad.

I just started to do this collection recently without searching in advance. Totally didn't know about this currency requirement. My bad for having such negative attitude. I would take a break and may try again later then. Have a good day!

@Krystal.3271 said:

Is it really that bad.

I just started to do this collection recently without searching in advance. Totally didn't know about this currency requirement. My bad for having such negative attitude. I would take a break and may try again later then. Have a good day!

good luck with it,

I hope it works out for you. :)

Skyscale is more of a "I don't need to change my mount to do stuff" mount. Instead of excelling beyond other mounts in one ability, it pretty much replaces any need for springer or griffon and to some degree the skimmer. While both of those may do better at their specific uses, both can still be replaced by the skyscale. It is kind of the GW2 bard of the mounts.

@Zephyr.5382 said:

@"NYG.2568" said:Also they are too slow to elevateI used to think so, too, until I realized that if you actually look up while you do it you'll ascend faster.

Yes, I've figured this out...which is why I say "at times". I guess I believe it should just feel more fluid.