So. Why can't we use 2 miniatures at same time?

How many times have you seen the message, "Miniatures have been hidden due to rising player population"? It would only be worse. But still, I like your idea, especially if the miniatures interacted with each other (like in GW1 when the heros in you party would start talking to each other if you sat around long enough).

@Astrolicus.3716 said:I have Mini Iceberg Skimmer Pup and Mini Ice Raptor Hatchling, I wish I could use them both at the same time, but unfortunately I can only use 1. But now I wonder. Why can't we use 2 miniatures at the same time?

U want game engine 2 blow up or somethin? Half time u cant even have 1 mini showing, but u want 2?

U never seen this happn??? “Minis may be temporarily disabled in locations overly crowded with other players for client performance reasons.”???

@lokh.2695 said:Beside the things that have already been mentioned. You want more because more is more is better, which is a fallacy. Why stop at 2? Why not 3 or 4, then again, why not 5, 6 or 7?

Exactly what I was going to say. Except I was going to jump straight to asking if I could have all 567 of my unlocked minis out at once. Or if someone with all 726 could use all of them.

What if I bought (another) 228 mini brown springer kits? Would I be able to use them all at once? Alongside my wardrobe minis, or instead of them?

Obvious those are all very silly questions. I'm fairly certain 726 minis in the same place at the same time would be an enormous demand on any PC (not to mention take up a lot of space). But it's the logical extreme of this line of questioning. If they did add the ability to equip two at once some people would be happy and others would be frustrated because if they could just have 3 at once it would be perfect. I would genuinely like to be able to see all my minis at once, although only in an instance where I'm not trying to get anything done.

Anet have to draw the line somewhere, and they decided to set the limit at one.

(Another way of looking at it is that it makes the choice more meaningful - you choose the one which best suits the character or the situation or your mood, or whatever, and you can always switch them whenever it suits you.)

I think the real reason is that they might fight with each other. Then, you'd have a dead mini following you around. They would have to remake the model as a dead version, and that's just too much work.

Or, maybe it's as the guys said above. But, I like my idea better. :)

@Danikat.8537 said:

@lokh.2695 said:Beside the things that have already been mentioned. You want more because more is more is better, which is a fallacy. Why stop at 2? Why not 3 or 4, then again, why not 5, 6 or 7?

Exactly what I was going to say. Except I was going to jump straight to asking if I could have all 567 of my unlocked minis out at once. Or if someone with all 726 could use all of them.

What if I bought (another) 228 mini brown springer kits? Would I be able to use them all at once? Alongside my wardrobe minis, or instead of them?

Obvious those are all very silly questions. I'm fairly certain 726 minis in the same place at the same time would be an enormous demand on any PC (not to mention take up a lot of space). But it's the logical extreme of this line of questioning. If they did add the ability to equip two at once some people would be happy and others would be frustrated because if they could just have 3 at once it would be perfect. I would genuinely like to be able to see all my minis at once, although only in an instance where I'm not trying to get anything done.

(Another way of looking at it is that it makes the choice more meaningful - you choose the one which best suits the character or the situation or your mood, or whatever, and you can always switch them whenever it suits you.)

Even if you were allowed to have an arbitrary amount out, it is unlikely that you could go above around 150 and even that would require you to be in an instance alone.

On the other hand despite my lack of interest for player housing that would be the perfect place to allow you to do that ... I think PoE allows around 200 something minis in their hideous :)

Kinda weird, I never even considered this until now. I would love to see some manner of addition where you can carry more! Could just be a simple gemstore account upgrade that adds more “slots”. Or it could be part of a big time mini update that adds other stuff like maybe fighting or leveling them or something

1 is sufficient for me since they aren't doing anything..... can be very cool if you can fight other minis within polymock arenas or anywhere. With dragon bash we already saw that you can become invisible be embedded by a moa and have custom skills (fireworks) so why not that but with your mini, and using the skill used by the monster represented by your mini?

Another use: every monster similar to your mini are now allies. Every allies similar to your mini are now foes. Lol

The technology is already there, the original golem chess that got removed I did a ton of games with other players.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@"lokh.2695" said:Beside the things that have already been mentioned. You want more because more is more is better, which is a fallacy. Why stop at 2? Why not 3 or 4, then again, why not 5, 6 or 7?

Even if you were allowed to have an arbitrary amount out, it is unlikely that you could go above around 150 and even that would require you to be in an instance alone.

On the other hand despite my lack of interest for player housing that would be the perfect place to allow you to do that ... I think PoE allows around 200 something minis in their hideous :)

I was just coming here to suggest the same thing when I saw your post. I don't need or want more minis on the landscape, but I could see the appeal of letting us choose a few to have wandering around in our home instances. It would be nice too if it had a "random" option so sometimes I could see minis there that I've completely forgotten about.

@Kaliwenda.3428 said:

@"lokh.2695" said:Beside the things that have already been mentioned. You want more because more is more is better, which is a fallacy. Why stop at 2? Why not 3 or 4, then again, why not 5, 6 or 7?

I was just coming here to suggest the same thing when I saw your post. I don't need or want more minis on the landscape, but I could see the appeal of letting us choose a few to have wandering around in our home instances. It would be nice too if it had a "random" option so sometimes I could see minis there that I've completely forgotten about.

PoE also allows having up to 3 minis out :p

Although they also started out with 1