[Observation] Warrior is the least played class in GW2

Hitman.5829

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:no wonder warrior is the worst DPS class in GW2.

Warrior is1) The best duelist in sPvP, with literally 0 losing matchups and is found on every tournament team.2) Is the backbone of WvW frontlines. (Spellbreaker's elite skill pretty much singlehandedly forced the pirateship meta)3) Is a mandatory pick for all upper level pve.

Can confirm warrior is the worst.

hahahaha my post was before PoF, funny how people now think warrior is a god, bla bla bla... Warrior is finally in a good spot and wvw is proof of that because now there is diversity. Before PoF warrior was nowhere to be found, nobody played warrior. Now, you see 5 spell breakers maximum in squad. However, necro is still the most powerful class in GW2

@Hitman.5829 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:

Warrior is1) The best duelist in sPvP, with literally 0 losing matchups and is found on every tournament team.2) Is the backbone of WvW frontlines. (Spellbreaker's elite skill pretty much singlehandedly forced the pirateship meta)3) Is a mandatory pick for all upper level pve.

hahahaha my post was before PoF, funny how people now think warrior is a god, bla bla bla... Warrior is finally in a good spot and wvw is proof of that because now there is diversity. Before PoF warrior was nowhere to be found, nobody played warrior. Now, you see 5 spell breakers maximum in squad. However, necro is still the most powerful class in GW2

hmm, scourge is out of raids because far away from top dps. it is obvious that necro has less mobility and sustain than many other classes like warriors. why you said necro is most powerful?? plz explain, what exactly (which skill) is so powerful on scourge.

@Miko.4158 said:spellbreaker forced the pirateship meta? not the millions or red rings or uncapped condi then? you learn something new everyday.

I always thought the pirate ship meta came about because of the stability nerf waaaayyyy back when that made stability a stacking boon that negated 1 CC per stack. Well plus all the boonstrip available nowadays.

debateable, I'd argue frontline has disappeared because its not possible to run toughness , health, cleanse and turn up with anything more than a slap.Whilst aoe has increased exponentially and is easier to play and tags more loot. Stab was definitely an issue and I build around it, but boon strips been about for ages.without boon strip we'd be back to all guard zergs

@Opopanax.1803 said:Didn't they just release an infomatic saying warrior was in fact the most played class? I love my longbow warrior, nothing else is as fun for me :D

They never said it was the most played class, they said it was human warrior was the most common created class. By in large, makes a lot of sense. Warrior across games is commonly seen as a straight forward class that is easy to pick up and understand. Pick up a weapon and hit things. If that players chooses to stick with the game, they normally switch to something else.

So created class, yes. Most played though - especially among veterans... not as much. There is no info on it, but just by see what you come across, you don't really see a lot of Warriors these days.

@Hitman.5829 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:

You're wrong, warrior is absolutely not the least played class. See the last question in part 1 here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6610yn/dev_answering_fun_questions_about_stats_in_raids/

I think the issue with Warrior is that it doesn't feel very Warrior-ish these days. For a starting out player that is leveling, they will get that Warrior feel, but if they stick and become more knowledgeable about the game - they start to ask questions and look into the what endgame looks like for Warrior - and I think a lot of people get turned off by what they find out. Pretty sure a lot of veteran Warrior players have been turned off as well through personal experience and have long changed classes.

After the power nerf, PvE Warrior uses a Longbow and Torch... to play a burn condition spec... not exactly what most people were expecting. Most people were expecting to use a 2h sword or 2h mace or a 2h axe (which doesn't exisit >.>) - but don't really get any of that outside of PvP. Instead of that front line brawler, they got a back of the line fire arrow dude. Basically in PvE, you don't end up being William Wallace, but rather the guy that sets the battle field on fire for William Wallace to run through.

In PvP - I personally like the idea of a dual dagger warrior - especially on charr - sounds quite savage to me personally. However, its not even d/d spellbreaker, its dagger/shield... which just feels strange. Whereas I can imagine a close range d/d warrior slicing up a bunch of dudes... what pop culture figure can they even relate to that fights with a dagger and shield? Its just weird. And I get people do not have to play the optimal builds or plays style, but a lot of players do prefer to use optimal builds so its another turn off to find out optimal pvp build is dagger/shield. On top of that, a lot of people still don't think Warriors should even use daggers to begin with.

So overall, I think there are a lot of turns offs about the endgame warrior. Though pve Berserkers are still very good, its a longbow/torch condi spec, not a frontline brawler spec as both the name of the class and epec suggest. And for pvp (also very good), they are a dagger/shield spec which again, just sounds off. The endgame warrior just doesn't feel very warrior-ish. For a role playing game, it doesn't role play very well for what most people would commonly think of for the Warrior class.

If coming from WoW... Warriors were dual wielding 2h weapons and smashing bosses, or they were an unkilliable sword and board face tank, or they were charging and smashing folks in the face with a giant hammer or axe. In GW2, Warriors are lighting things on fire or jabbing at things with a dagger... Like honestly, the feel just isn't there in this game.

For those who said warrior is least profession in GW2, atm or about he is weaker ... I am sure you are just joking. Even in PVE he do a lot of damage. But, when we talk about sPVP or WvW ... cmon atm warrior is most powerful profession in the game. Is the only class who can face 5 other profession in the same time without being killed. I understand when a good player cand fight vs 2 players and maybe killed them, but when I see a warrior face 5 or 7 players and stand for more than 2-3 minutes, kill at least 1 of them (and I am not talking about noob players) this means something is broken with this class, it's just too OP. And I am not talking about 1 player, but most warriors in WvW (Spellbreakers) can face 5 ppl and after 1-3 minutes of fight he just run away if no one died ... So, please don't complain about the fact you have less posts on your forum, because like someone already said, you almost can't say nothing (complain) about Spellbreaker atm.

@Hitman.5829 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:

hahahaha my post was before PoF ......

You opened this thread on October 3rd, Path of Fire released on September 22nd.

I don't think chronology works the way you think it does.

I play warrior, revenant, and guardian. My picture does not match th> @Hitman.5829 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:Based on the fact that
show warrior is the second least discussed and has the least comments.Also, based on the fact that people identify themselves with their profile picture, it is safe to assume that warrior is the least played class in GW2.

That assumption is a pretty big leap. Having the fewest discussions and comments over this short a term (since the new forums have been up) could simply mean that Warriors as a group currently have the least to complain about. I mean, your assertion isn't the MOST baseless thing I've ever heard, but calling it "safe to assume" is a bit of a stretch, imo.

Like I said, "Also, based on the fact that people identify themselves with their profile picture, it is safe to assume that warrior is the least played class in GW2."Do you bother to read or just comment without reading?

Just go and check the necro forum or the mesmer forum, or any other forum, all of the people posting have necro profile pics, and the same is with every profession, you see their profile pictures. So, based on this and the fact that people only post in warrior forum to complain, it is safe to assume that warrior is the least played class!

I play guard, rev and war. My picture does not match that, so that point is moot.

@Dragonzhunter.8506 said:For those who said warrior is least profession in GW2, atm or about he is weaker ... I am sure you are just joking. Even in PVE he do a lot of damage. But, when we talk about sPVP or WvW ... cmon atm warrior is most powerful profession in the game. Is the only class who can face 5 other profession in the same time without being killed. I understand when a good player cand fight vs 2 players and maybe killed them, but when I see a warrior face 5 or 7 players and stand for more than 2-3 minutes, kill at least 1 of them (and I am not talking about noob players) this means something is broken with this class, it's just too OP. And I am not talking about 1 player, but most warriors in WvW (Spellbreakers) can face 5 ppl and after 1-3 minutes of fight he just run away if no one died ... So, please don't complain about the fact you have less posts on your forum, because like someone already said, you almost can't say nothing (complain) about Spellbreaker atm.

This has been doing the rounds as gospel and it's more like 'fake news'. I've seen loads of 1 vs 3 or 4 with different classes winning mostly necros, ele's and mesmers but it used to be thieves. Given the spikes and power creep its more and more possible. SB although has full counter, doesn't have the biggest spikes in the game and lets not forget all the massive tells and cast times. It does bunker very well -that's by design.Also alot of people would argue the 1 vs 4 was good thing, as it allows better players to prevail and ups the skill level of the game.so what exactly is the point?

As a Warrior/Spellbreaker main, I will say in full confidence that it is over tuned (Spellbreaker). My ability to lazily fight groups of 5+ people by myself consistently is hugely telling of how strong the class is.

I will also say the the premise of this post is the most strawman, ridiculous premise for even having a conversation about class usage and Hitman repeatedly posts complete nonsense. This same guy tried to tell me that Spellbreaker mobility was horrible.

• 2 weeks later...

To all those that say warrior is not the least played class, here is the evidence

Not only that, but my assertion that "people identify themselves with their profile picture" is also correct!

• revenant was ranked the least played class, but keep in mind that revenant was added latter to the game so that is the reason why they are the least played in this poll.
  • Engineer and warrior are the least played classes in GW2 just like it is predicted by the least amount of comments and discussions in the forums.

The poll only had 298 votes and it corroborated my hypothesis that "the amount of comments and discussions tell which classes are the most played and the least played, not only that, but that people also identify their main characters with their profile pictures."

So, what do you have to say now warrior haters?Now I know why lots of people cry for warrior's nerfs every time a patch comes in. These are the people who play their necros, mesmers, rangers, thieves,...And these are the people, who thanks to their whining, have anet convinced that warrior is OP; no wonder warrior is the worst DPS class in GW2.

Now you know fellow warriors why your class sucks at DPS

@Hitman.5829 said:To all those that say warrior is not the least played class, here is the evidence

Not only that, but my assertion that "people identify themselves with their profile picture" is also correct!

• revenant was ranked the least played class, but keep in mind that revenant was added latter to the game so that is the reason why they are the least played in this poll.
  • Engineer and warrior are the least played classes in GW2 just like it is predicted by the least amount of comments and discussions in the forums.

The poll only had 298 votes and it corroborated my hypothesis that "the amount of comments and discussions tell which classes are the most played and the least played, not only that, but that people also identify their main characters with their profile pictures."

So, what do you have to say now warrior haters?Now I know why lots of people cry for warrior's nerfs every time a patch comes in. These are the people who play their necros, mesmers, rangers, thieves,...And these are the people, who thanks to their whining, have anet convinced that warrior is OP; no wonder warrior is the worst DPS class in GW2.

Did you see the devs reddit link I posted?, don't seem so

A lot of nonsense on that post, just to say you want more deeps.

I have seen condi warriors do pretty well, but you can always make the case that you should be able to do more deeps when not using banners.Aka you want buffs on your DPS utility skills.

See could've been more to the point.

@Hitman.5829 said:To all those that say warrior is not the least played class, here is the evidence

That's so biased...

First off, not all players come on the forum. 2nd, usually players that come to the forum are unsatisfied player that come to complain about why they are unsatisfied.

So logically, the profession subforum that have the greatest amount of comment/discussion is not necessarily the subforum of the profession that is the most played but the profession that prove to be the most unsatisfying for the majority of the players unsatisfyed.

So, instead of being a bad thing, if some subforum are less used, it mean that the user of these professions and other professions that face these professions are more satisfyed.

The sheer number of comment on necromancer and mesmer show then that either the professions is highly unsatisfying or highly disliked by other professions (or both ;) ). Meanwhile the low amount of comment and the low amount of said warrior player on the forum tend to show that most warrior player are satisfied by their profession.

NB.: You look at a part of the picture, I can look at another and deduce very different things. All of this with the exact same numbers/survey that you use to prove your arguments.

I love Necros and always tend to pick demonic or deathy displays for forums and other such places where avatars are used.. and I do consider Necromancer one of my preferred classes in Gw2..

But my absolute main character in Gw2 is a Ranger.. not a Necromancer..

Warrior is probably the third class i'm mostly familiar with but I wouldn't say I know it that well.. I do have 3 of them though.. 3 Necromancers and 4 Rangers as well.

You realize that an insignificant population of players who indicate their most played class in that poll has nothing to do with the least played class in the game overall ... nor does that poll indicate anything related to any particular classes' DPS including Warrior ... oh wait, I guess you don't. #garbagescience You non-statistical sample of the game population is in no way corroborating your hypothesis. I would say it doesn't even support your hypothesis limited to FORUM-posting players. Jeez, Warrior isn't even the least played class in your poll!!!! None of your conclusions or your hypothesis makes ANY sense.

There are many reasons for people choosing a class over another. Here is my hypothesis: Forget you know the minuscule details about DPS for classes and your an average Joe player .... you need to pick a class; I think it's safe to assume most people will pick classes that are easy to play, have very high performance or familiarity or have 'cool' themes. Your poll supports MY hypothesis more than yours. So no, I don't think you can so simply conclude such a complex decision is based on the SINGLE factor of DPS.

Here is a not-illogical way to assess your classes DPS ... by PLAYING the game.

Guardian was 9% on the poll, Warrior 8%Engineer 5%, and Revenant 4%

You can't base a statement of fact that warrior is the least played off of that. Also having the most posts in a profession forum can be due to a number of things. Those players might be the most vocal about their class, OR people that don't play the class are making posts and commenting on how it should be nerfed.

OP has nothing to back up this statement that Warrior is the least played class."Real warriors don't waste time talking out our problems, we just smash things"

Archived