Aurene outfit code during stream

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Tiviana.2650 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:The shirt is nice but I dislike those pants with their modesty flaps before and aft.

Yeah not a fan of the shorts.

Agreed. I'm unlikely to wear any of the t-shirt outfits on any of my characters for exactly this reason; the shorts just look odd on my characters.

I'd prefer some plain trousers, like many of the medium leggings. (Not the weirdly baggy riding trousers so many of the clothing outfits use.) Or the bottom half of the racial common clothing...although that wouldn't work on sylvari unless I wanted to RP them having a day off at home in a t-shirt and underpants. =)

They did announce the winners in Twitch chat, amidst all the spam. Of course that was Twitter names not GW2 names. Still, if there's a VoD that includes the chat you can probably find it, it was towards the end of the pre-show when chat was full of !aurene keyword entries.

@Mewcifer.5198 said:I expected them to do the code multiple times in the stream, but nope, they only did it once and it was during the preshow when I wasn't fully paying attention so I missed my chance. All the other giveaways were not in-game things.

There was a second during the announcement itself, but yeah, I'm pretty sure only 10 codes were given out.

Lesson learned - don't try to see ArenaNet events live for the chance to win something. The chance of doing so is N0BSI, and honestly, the outfit probably wasn't worth staying up late for anyway.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@"Ashantara.8731" said:Subscriber on Twitter means payment, right? Bummer. ;)

You only needed a Twitch account (free to create) to be eligible for the give-aways, if that's what you are referring to.

I was logged in but constantly got a message telling me that "only Subscribers to the Channel" were allowed to participate.

@"Tiviana.2650" said:I couldnt see nothing with the spam going.

That is Twitch in a nutshell and one of the reasons aside from the fact that it's owned by Amazon and the double sided morale for nsfw content (you know about all the girls and their streams) why I hate using that site. It used to be a good site once but now it's completely toxic and full of spam and cringe.

But back to the initial topic: Not only 5 got a code. There were streams on YouTube and Facebook as well plus everyone who attended the event in person got a code. But yeah, it's still a bit of a shakedown especially if you're playing for so long and hope to get an "actual" veteran reward. It's simply weird when someone who's new gets something exclusive while someone who's been there the entirety of years gets nothing.

@MissMijo.3048 said:Ofc this happened while I was away from home. Anyone got a spare key to share?

20 codes on stream and 500 for the people live at the event.Do you really think anyone of those would say their key is a spare?Maybe you can get someone of the live participants to sell their key to recoup some of the cost of going to the event.