Please Remove Gift of the Mists requirement for Legendary Trinkets

I understand the reasoning behind the "Play all content" requirements for the weapons, but the trinkets are basically all about living world, and yet they require you to just completely ignore their main content to go sit in WvW for 8 hours or run a bunch of fractals, etc. Meanwhile, the raid trinket and the fractal back legendaries do NOT require the gift of the mists, so this feels -really- inconsistent.

What about the rest of legendary items? The only way for a PvPer or WvWer to acquire a legendary weapon is to either buy 1st gen legi from TP, or be forced into raids and countless hours of open world content. Is this fair?Seriously, it's like the same story when a pvers complains they have to get a Gift of Battle for their pve legi armour which, forces them into WvW for a couple of hours. How dare they!

This is unrelated, because as mentioned, I have no qualms with the weapon requirements. The trinkets are specifically designed to be based on the season content, Aurora requires season 3 pve grinding, achievements, and so forth, for instance. The raid ring requires -no- pvp content, but requires similar levels of grinding, and same with the back piece for fractals. It is just extremely inconsistent. The back pieces for PVP and WVW similarly require no PVE grinding, only needing money for mats at worst.

@BarbarianAnnie.9567 said:That's a bit odd to say, when the devs have totally changed recipes and altered requirements before many times. This wouldn't be the first, and it certainly won't be the last time they'll alter things to bring them in line with other content.

Such as?

And even if they have, people have requested changes to the gift of battle since day one and perhaps for more relevant reasons. No such change has occurred.

There are things to reasonably expect them to change, I cannot possibly see this being one of them

By all means wait it out and see if they change it, but I suspect you will be waiting many, many, many, many times the length of time taken to get the gift itself

You seem pretty stuck on this gift of battle thing. It's not the thing I'm annoyed at. It's the entire gift of the mists, which requires content that is -not- related to the legendary itself. Fractals are the only thing that has any vague connection as new fractals usually are released at the same time as season patches, but that's a stretch, as the content you play in fractals is unlikely to be those new fractals to grind up the stuff you want. I'd be making this topic about the WvW back slot item if it required, say, gift of exploration. It's just bizarre.

I do think you should be able to get whatever legendary you want with resources from any game mode. However, I see a bigger issue going from PvP or WvW, to PvE.

Sure as it is now regardless of your game mode you have to semi-afk in WvW just for a gift of battle, but since most other things can be bought I hardly see that as an issue and just an annoying time sink. They could fix it by making it cost badges again like the old days, make it less of a time investment and I'd be fine with that; but it's over all a very mild issue and any pleb can run in a train and get it even if they died over and over.

What I see as a bigger issue is for PvP and WvWers: when you need things like Elegy mosaics, Trade contracts, or Crystalline Ore which are either really scarce or non existent. Also double rip when doing gift of meguma route because you need to complete the maps which you sure as hell aren't doing from the PvP lobby or WvW.

(Legit I wish you could just sell the gen 2 legendaries and be done with it.)

• Thanks 1

Legendary items are not required to do any content with in the game at best they are a quality of life items with some flare added in for visuals. They are however meant to be worked for either buy grinding the various modes for either gold to buy precrafted ones or the mats to craft it yourself. The gift of the mists is not hard to obtain at all the only component that does require a little bit of time investment is the gift of battle which is only obtained via the WvW reward track. The Gift of Glory requires 250 shards of glory which you can buy off the TP currently 66 copper a shard. The Gift of War requires 250 Memory of Battle which you can also buy off the TP for a mear 5 silver per memory, but you'll end up with 250 or more just by spending time in WvW to get your gift of battle. The last thing you need to obtain is the Cube of Stabilized Dark Energy which the Stabilizing Matrix can be bought off the TP and the Balls of Dark Energy are just from salvaging ascended weapons and armor, rings and trinkets as well but they have a very low chance of dropping a ball. Yes, the legendary items are not unified in the requirements to craft them but that's what makes then unique.

• Confused 1

It's a pity the Gift of the Mists can't be replaced by the other expansions legendary gift. So for instance if you were making a legendary using the Gift of Desert Mastery, the Gift of [insert legendary name here] would use the Gift of Maguma Mastery instead of Gift of the Mists, and vice versa. That way people that have worked their backsides off on both the expansions PvE content get something awesome too.

Yes this means only 1 legendary per character, but one is still better than none.

@"BarbarianAnnie.9567" said:I understand the reasoning behind the "Play all content" requirements for the weapons, but the trinkets are basically all about living world, and yet they require you to just completely ignore their main content to go sit in WvW for 8 hours or run a bunch of fractals, etc. Meanwhile, the raid trinket and the fractal back legendaries do NOT require the gift of the mists, so this feels -really- inconsistent.

Your argument seems to be that, because one aspect of these trinkets requires LW/achievements, then that is what they are "basically all about" and they should require no other activity.

By that logic, how do you reconcile the fact that legendary weapons require gift of mists but also require you to complete HoT/PoF content?

And couldn't we also reverse that argument? Since the trinkets require a gift of mists, then THAT is what they're "basically all about," and ANet should remove the LW/achievement requirements.

• Confused 1

Not going to happen.Not going to happen at this stage of the these items livecycle since a vast majority of players who want these items have already crafted them.Not going to happen since if Arenanet cave on this demand, the forums will get flooded with demands to alter content and recepies left an right.Not going to happen since the Gift of Battle is one of the few ways to encourage players to at least try WvW.Not going to happen since the time required to get a Gift of Battle is insignificant (as low as 4-5 hours).

In short: it's not going to happen.

• Confused 1

@BarbarianAnnie.9567 said:This is unrelated, because as mentioned, I have no qualms with the weapon requirements. The trinkets are specifically designed to be based on the season content, Aurora requires season 3 pve grinding, achievements, and so forth, for instance. The raid ring requires -no- pvp content, but requires similar levels of grinding, and same with the back piece for fractals. It is just extremely inconsistent. The back pieces for PVP and WVW similarly require no PVE grinding, only needing money for mats at worst.

Well, it looks like the this trinket is apparently not specifically designed to be based on season content. Why does everything have to be done the same? This requirement should definitely not be removed.

@ollbirtan.2915 said:What about the rest of legendary items? The only way for a PvPer or WvWer to acquire a legendary weapon is to either buy 1st gen legi from TP, or be forced into raids and countless hours of open world content. Is this fair?Seriously, it's like the same story when a pvers complains they have to get a Gift of Battle for their pve legi armour which, forces them into WvW for a couple of hours. How dare they!Cool. And that WvW player can use their mounts and unlocks in PVE. Can you say the same about a PVE player in WvW? The fact is that no matter how skilled the PVE player is at WvW, if they dont have the unlocks, they can barely keep up. The entire WvW system sucks. Like its about as unfriendly as it could be for new players. And honestly, the team behind it all, I lost all confidence in them the day I saw the man responsible for the WvW tracks system reach WvW rank 80 in a live stream this year.They dont even play the content they are suppose to manage..