[Answered] Only 24 Builds account wide?

@vyncius.6105 said:we did not look up to metabattle or anywhere to change build. We had free, unlimited add-on which had all our saved builds available anytime

Well, I am not a fan of using overlays and plug-ins if it can be avoided, and I am not a fan of measuring the exact numbers during gameplay, either (I can see if someone is doing proper damage or not), so I've never referred to ArcDPS. I always did things manually, so this upcoming feature will be a nice addition to the game for me.

P.S. It is weird that your build storage isn't unlimited. Why can't they be saved locally like GW1's templates were?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@vyncius.6105 said:we did not look up to metabattle or anywhere to change build. We had free, unlimited add-on which had all our saved builds available anytime

Well, I am not a fan of using overlays and plug-ins if it can be avoided, and I am not a fan of measuring the exact numbers during gameplay, either (I can see if someone is doing proper damage or not), so I've never referred to ArcDPS. I always did things manually, so this upcoming feature will be a nice addition to the game for me.

P.S. It is weird that your build storage isn't unlimited. Why can't they be saved locally like GW1's templates were?

I am revenant player, i have like 8 different builds (4 raid, 2 WvW, 2 open world). I really need all of them, they have different types of stats and runes, some infusions. I also have full legendary gear, and changing stats, sigils, runes, i fusions on legendary gear is very tedious and time consuming. ARC made me not to want kill myself while changing stats. Anets template is limited to 6, which is not enough for me

Its fine since the only reason its good, for me at least, is that i only have 3 legendary sets of armor. I have 16 toons and most of them are set to exactly wht i want them to be. So only the 3 classes that i play most will use them. I think 1000 gems would be a fair price as well. So start grinding that gold or work that extra shift.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Magnus Godrik.5841" said:I think 1000 gems would be a fair price as well.

For one slot?? No way. 400g per tab, like bag slots, would be a "fair price".

They could have dodged the issue altogether if they implemented a "equipment set bag" as a special form of bag that has no inventory slots, but adds a gear tab. Sell them in game at a reasonable price (something like 30g).

See, nothing being put in the cash shop at all. Of course, if you don' t want to sacrifice 20+ general purpose inventory slots for 19 quick-swap inventory slots, then you'll need buy some bag slots. But paying for bag slots is nothing new, so why complain now?

If it was up to me, I would have implemented it like this:Build library: A free client-side list with a monetized cloud backup. Up to 1000 client-side builds technically supported. First 40 are synced to the cloud gratis (for paid accounts, natch), and you can sync more by paying for a storage expander in chunks of 40, 1000 gems for each expander.Build tabs: All characters get 4 for free. You can purchase more in groups of 4, up to 20, as an account upgrade, like extra craft licenses. 400 per chunk.Gear sets: As per above, technically not directly monetized at all. 30g each.

I usually try to Avoid complaining and being proactive instead, but yeah this feel like...too little, too late? And then the gem cost is kinda a Yikes for me. I'm not against paying for a lot of things in game, even beyond fashion. And I hate to be like "you OWE us tHis coWARDs"...but i mean, Guild Wars 1 had build templates. Guild Wars 2? 7 year later. And the gem thing kinda felt like a kick in the shin. If they really wanted us to pay for things...idk, I would have held off mentioning that. Implement and then a few months later make it a feature? idk if that would lessen the blow, it honestly just feels like a feature that should be mostly free. Maybe it's all feeling a bit off bcs there's so much merchandising advertisement lately and then this almost comes off as unsettling desperate. Like look y'all I'll sell my firstborn child for Guild Wars 2 at times to support, but I still think there's limits or better ways to manage it?

Hoping Anet and community can reach a consensus and middle-ground. Because 24 is a weird number. And I'm one of /those/ people who have like, heckin 20 characters.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Lady Kaguya.3208 said:I usually try to Avoid complaining and being proactive instead, but yeah this feel like...too little, too late? And then the gem cost is kinda a Yikes for me.

Wait, where did they state the actual Gem cost?? Are the 1000 Gems for real? Is this for storage slots or build/gear tabs?Oh, no dude, sorry, I don't think they have? I'm just meaning like, gem cost in general. So either build or storage. I'm flexible but still feels off.

@zealex.9410 said:So is there a cap to build and gear templates?

Yes you can make the 3 builds you have now wvw, pve and spvp and make 3 pve or 3 wvw or any mix of the 2 modes. ( you already had 3 builds before 1 for each of spvp, wvw and pve.)You can then buy 3 more build template per character for a total of 6.With gear templates you get 2 per character so the 1 you have now and 1 extra and can buy 4 more per character.

You get 3 account wide save slots that can store any class build template on the account and a extra 3 slots from the gemstore the first month for a total of 6 and can buy 18 more per account for a total of 24.

So what you get is really 1 gear slot per character and 6 account wide template saves per account.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

So in a group of 10 were half is dps how can you see who is lacking dps, when all are in a tight knit huddle at the boss exactly?

@Linken.6345 said:So in a group of 10 were half is dps how can you see who is lacking dps, when all are in a tight knit huddle at the boss exactly?

Sorry, I wasn't talking about raids, where I understand the need for DPS meters, especially in teams that run raids frequently.

@Optimator.3589 said:So I'm supposed to pay extra for functionality that should have been in the game for years, and is more limited than what I've been able to do with an addon? kitten that.

Now I have to google ArcDPS' user interface for build templates. Thanks for piquing my curiosity. :p

P.S. At least, this new in-game feature will save you inventory space, if nothing else. ;)

@Optimator.3589 said:So I'm supposed to pay extra for functionality that should have been in the game for years, and is more limited than what I've been able to do with an addon? kitten that.

As usual, WvW players and raiders who have need of more build flexibility are left out in the cold.

I have 23 WvW toons, stop trying to group us up with the raid culture. Just because raiders have a gameset that they think they need that many builds on and can't beat with the same gear set, that's the raider's fault and/or the way they driven the gamemode. Leave WvW out of this.

A clear case of people so quick to judge. All we had to do is wait for the developers to give out all of the information on stream. Learn a bit of patience, people. No need to freak out over something that hasn't even come out yet. We can give feedback to ArenaNet without panicking.

@zealex.9410 said:So is there a cap to build and gear templates?Yes.Gear templates: you start with 2, cap is 6 (per character)build templates: you start with 3, cap is 6 (per character)There's also an account wide build storage, that is capped at 24 (you start with 3 slots and will be able to get additional 3 for a short while for 0 gems from gemshop)

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Lady Kaguya.3208 said:I usually try to Avoid complaining and being proactive instead, but yeah this feel like...too little, too late? And then the gem cost is kinda a Yikes for me.

Wait, where did they state the actual Gem cost?? Are the 1000 Gems for real? Is this for storage slots or build/gear tabs?They didn't mention costs yet, but they did say they think of those as similar to bag slots and bank tabs - so, between 400 to 800 gems most likely. And the unlocks for per-character gear and build template tab slots would also be on per chracter basis.And after i calculated how many tabs i'd need to buy, it turned out to be prohibitively costly. I mean, an expansion would be cheaper. Way cheaper.

Thanks for the clarification. So that is one Gear Template less than I hoped :disappointed:, did someone get if 1 build template slot is mandatory for PvP or if the current system stays in place? The shared section looks nice. I hope those numbers (free slots) will not decrease after the month of testing (if you create a character later).

I am not that much into fashion wars so I do not swap skins. But if I have a leg gear, can I have a different skin on each gear Template without using ressources to swap? If so I might start doing it to have a different skin for each build.=> Edit : Watched some parts of the Stream I missed. So the answer is around 41min. Answer is no. (shards would have no more value which seems fair)

@Ashantara.8731 said:

It was mentioned in the video that above 24, and the code became unmanageable. The only part I really don't like is that equipment can't be shared between characters, so you still have to bank and swap ascended and legendary gear. But I can understand there would be difficulty coding that, and they really hate 'touching our stuff' as it is.

@Astralporing.1957 said:Still not enough to satisfy the needs, unless you either don;t run many chars, or don't change builds too much (or both). Basically, if you do have need of this feature, it won't be enough for you. It will only be okay, if you really didn't need it.

Well, even if you do not change builds all the time this has a couple of uses. For example, no more carrying around things to equip in inventory that you MIGHT need (but probably will not). It also means during whatever festival you can have an equipment build with whatever the popular skins are loaded on trash blues/greens while keeping your real equipment ready to swap back to.

@Menadena.7482 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:Still not enough to satisfy the needs, unless you either don;t run many chars, or don't change builds too much (or both). Basically, if you do have need of this feature, it won't be enough for you. It will only be okay, if you really didn't need it.

Well, even if you do not change builds all the time this has a couple of uses. For example, no more carrying around things to equip in inventory that you MIGHT need (but probably will not). It also means during whatever festival you can have an equipment build with whatever the popular skins are loaded on trash blues/greens while keeping your real equipment ready to swap back to.

No, the 24 cap is on utility/trait templates. It's basically the same kind that GW1 had (with a much higher limit, for free), the kind that you can supposedly save and load from a text file as a chatcode.

To believe that Arenanet imposed this because of technical reasons is basically to believe that they can't save more than 24 strings per account. Even if they had some insanely broken account database, there's still nothing stopping them from reading/writing it to a file client side, same as any options settings. It's broken by design -- crippled so they can sell you the crutches, and expect you to act grateful because they gave you one crutch for free.

@perilisk.1874 said:

No, the 24 cap is on utility/trait templates. It's basically the same kind that GW1 had (with a much higher limit, for free), the kind that you can supposedly save and load from a text file as a chatcode.

To believe that Arenanet imposed this because of technical reasons is basically to believe that they can't save more than 24 strings per account. Even if they had some insanely broken account database, there's still nothing stopping them from reading/writing it to a file client side, same as any options settings. It's broken by design -- crippled so they can sell you the crutches, and expect you to act grateful because they gave you one crutch for free.

Huh? I was not saying anything about traits or how many you can have? I was saying why the equipment template was a useful feature.