Just let us load equipment from our own personal bags for Build templates.

Nebilim.5127

Pretty much let us use like how arcdps is used. I'm sure a lot of the drama here would be over in an instant, and would turn into praise if Anet did this. Just charge for the equipment bag slots as it should, since it frees up space for the character, there is no reason why we can't use our own bags.

@"Cronospere.8143" said:Was a new topic truly necessary?

Ontopic though.A helmet will go into a helmet slot. Just like it does now. If you have a second helmet it will go into the second helmet slot. And stay there until you take it out.Why is that bad i dont get it.. ?

Anet decided to take the gear away from the inventory and have it be stored in the equipment tab. The technical limitation of this implementation puts the limit of allowed templates to 6.

A person can have more than 6 builds, especially so if legendary armour comes into play.

Removing the "gear is stored in the template, and not in players inventory" removes this limitation just like ArcDPS templates did. There you can have "infinite" templates because the gear is being replaced from inventory to the template.

tl;drCurrent implementation prevents you from having more than 6 builds because gear is taken away and stored in the template itself. Removing that feature allows people to have unlimited builds just like ArcDPS templates did.

@Cronospere.8143 said:A helmet will go into a helmet slot. Just like it does now. If you have a second helmet it will go into the second helmet slot. And stay there until you take it out.Why is that bad i dont get it.. ?

1. Because it complicates finding your gear in the equipment storage in order to take it out and swap it between characters. It also complicates using one slot for several equipment variants (only in your own inventory can you place items where you want them, thus find them more quickly).
  2. Also, you will have to redo your template each time you do as mentioned in (1), since the information isn't permanentaly saved (those 6 slots are loadouts, not saved templates). This is off-topic, but still something that's bugging people about the system.

@Nighthelm.6427 said:

@"Cronospere.8143" said:Was a new topic truly necessary?

Ontopic though.A helmet will go into a helmet slot. Just like it does now. If you have a second helmet it will go into the second helmet slot. And stay there until you take it out.Why is that bad i dont get it.. ?

Anet decided to take the gear away from the inventory and have it be stored in the equipment tab. The technical limitation of this implementation puts the limit of allowed templates to 6.

A person can have more than 6 builds, especially so if legendary armour comes into play.

Removing the "gear is stored in the template, and not in players inventory" removes this limitation just like ArcDPS templates did. There you can have "infinite" templates because the gear is being replaced from inventory to the template.

tl;drCurrent implementation prevents you from having more than 6 builds because gear is taken away and stored in the template itself. Removing that feature allows people to have unlimited builds just like ArcDPS templates did.

Okay reasonable. I understand it for people with more than 6 build options.Technically there could be more loadouts if the devs choose to. Its technically not limited. Otherwise they did a really bad coding. But i dont know how or what they exactly did in terms of coding so I dont know for now.

@Nebilim.5127 said:Pretty much let us use like how arcdps is used. I'm sure a lot of the drama here would be over in an instant, and would turn into praise if Anet did this. Just charge for the equipment bag slots as it should, since it frees up space for the character, there is no reason why we can't use our own bags.You can use your own bags as you wish. Personally I'm glad ANet has created equipment templates the way they did because it will be a lot more accomodating to the way I organize my bags. I understand some people find the other way easier, but I wouldn't count on it being more than the ones that benefit from the way the new equipment templates are implemented into the game.

@Rasimir.6239 said:

@Nebilim.5127 said:Pretty much let us use like how arcdps is used. I'm sure a lot of the drama here would be over in an instant, and would turn into praise if Anet did this. Just charge for the equipment bag slots as it should, since it frees up space for the character, there is no reason why we can't use our own bags.You can use your own bags as you wish. Personally I'm glad ANet has created equipment templates the way they did because it will be a lot more accomodating to the way I organize my bags. I understand some people find the other way easier, but I wouldn't count on it being more than the ones that benefit from the way the new equipment templates are implemented into the game.Of course more people will benefit from the new way than the old way. Problem is, the people that will benefit will almost uniformly be the people that
didn't need
the template system (and thus, generally, will not truly appreciate it anyway). The people that were truly interested in it, for the most part will
not
benefit - quite the opposite.So, basically, this is a system for noone.

I would love that making it easy to use the same legendary armor or runes on different characters through Shared Inventory.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Nebilim.5127 said:Pretty much let us use like how arcdps is used. I'm sure a lot of the drama here would be over in an instant, and would turn into praise if Anet did this. Just charge for the equipment bag slots as it should, since it frees up space for the character, there is no reason why we can't use our own bags.You can use your own bags as you wish. Personally I'm glad ANet has created equipment templates the way they did because it will be a lot more accomodating to the way I organize my bags. I understand some people find the other way easier, but I wouldn't count on it being more than the ones that benefit from the way the new equipment templates are implemented into the game.Of course more people will benefit from the new way than the old way. Problem is, the people that will benefit will almost uniformly be the people that
didn't need
the template system (and thus, generally, will not truly appreciate it anyway). The people that were truly interested in it, for the most part will
not
benefit - quite the opposite.So, basically, this is a system for noone.

That's pretty spot on. We'll see how successful it is after release by how much development time goes into advancing it further. If they don't, we'll know our answer.

@Nebilim.5127 said:Pretty much let us use like how arcdps is used. I'm sure a lot of the drama here would be over in an instant, and would turn into praise if Anet did this. Just charge for the equipment bag slots as it should, since it frees up space for the character, there is no reason why we can't use our own bags.

I dont see how you are forced to use it in Equipment Templates. just equip your gear from your bag as normal.

You may be confusing build gear storage with build templates. Nothing said anywhere implies build templates will only use dedicated storage, quite the opposite. That build storage is extra space for templates to use heavily implies that where the item is stored has no bearing on its call from the template, so long as that character can access it readily (i.e. not in the Bank or equipped to another character).

@Trise.2865 said:Nothing said anywhere implies build templates will only use dedicated storage, quite the opposite.

1. Equipment isn't saved alongside build templates, so the latter have nothing to do with the former.
  2. It was explicitly explained that gear equipped on the character will automatically be stored in the equipment storage, whether you like it or not.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:I dont see how you are forced to use it in Equipment Templates. just equip your gear from your bag as normal.

The templates system was supposed to make things more convenient for people, not forcing some of them to act as if there was no templates system. Making it inconvenient for them by using templates speaks volumes for its level of QoL. Sure, people can still do things the old way, but the fact that you are forced to do it the old way under specific circumstances means the system has failed.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Trise.2865 said:Nothing said anywhere implies build templates will only use dedicated storage, quite the opposite.
  1. Equipment isn't saved alongside build templates, so the latter have nothing to do with the former.
  2. It was explicitly
    explained
    that gear equipped on the character will automatically be stored in the equipment storage, whether you like it or not.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:I dont see how you are forced to use it in Equipment Templates. just equip your gear from your bag as normal.

The templates system was supposed to make things more convenient for people, not forcing some of them to act as if there was no templates system. Making it inconvenient for them by using templates speaks volumes for its level of QoL. Sure, people can still do things the old way, but the fact that you are forced to do it the old way under specific circumstances means the system has failed.

Templates are a tool for allowing a character to quickly switch sets of gear. Not a tool for making it easier to change gear across multiple characters. It makes things a lot more quicker for me, since I plan to use the tool as it was intended and marketed as.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:Templates are a tool for allowing a character to quickly switch sets of gear. Not a tool for making it easier to change gear across multiple characters. It makes things a lot more quicker for me, since I plan to use the tool as it was intended and marketed as.

It makes it worse for a lot of players because anets design is intentially flawed to monetize it better. There are probably lots of hardcore players leaving the game with anets latest disasters. Garbage PR event + triple monetized flawed templates is too much for a lot of players.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:Templates are a tool for allowing a character to quickly switch sets of gear. Not a tool for making it easier to change gear across multiple characters.

You didn't play GW1 nor used ArcDPS templates, I take it? Information was saved non-character based. And while you are correct that the system itself is not meant to switch your items automatically between chars (and no one is asking for that!), it should not make it more complicated to swap items around, no? For that's the whole point of the complaint.