improvement to the useless chat combat

the fact is simple pp use arcdps most becouse pp need to check their personal dps and the squad dps, now if the game itself provide this we can drop the external program and some behaviours like checkin other pp dps like kharmin says can be stopped becouse we all know that pp whit that program check oters dps, in my way we can rid of this and have the personal one and the total of the squad if a squad is low on dps commie can simply decide do disband also pp that no use arc can see theyr personal ad awoid kicks

@"kharmin.7683" said:I am vehemently opposed to in-game DPS meters that others can view. If it is for personal use only, and only you as the player sees your own DPS, then that would be acceptable to me.

I disagree that we "need" these options.

We are talking about a game here, not your medical files.

@FOX.3582 said:

@"kharmin.7683" said:I am vehemently opposed to in-game DPS meters that others can view. If it is for personal use only, and only you as the player sees your own DPS, then that would be acceptable to me.

Certainly. A game where DPS meters were not incorporated from the beginning. I'd argue that was by design. GW2 doesn't require them, so there is no reason to now implement them.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:I am vehemently opposed to in-game DPS meters that others can view. If it is for personal use only, and only you as the player sees your own DPS, then that would be acceptable to me.

Certainly. A game where DPS meters were not incorporated from the beginning. I'd argue that was by design. GW2 doesn't require them, so there is no reason to now implement them.

But then, again, templates were not incorporated in the beginning, as well. Someone would argue that was by design. Yet here we are...Gw2 doesnt require a lot of things, that doesnt mean that a tool doesnt have its uses for those who need it. Wvw comms, for example, have a better view of who corrupts most, of who has most dps (hence they can change subsquads accordingly to maximize the survivability of said players eg by putting them in a subsquad with a very competent firebrand and healscrapper, thus maximizing the squad's potential), you get what i mean.

The log is useless, it can't even be made permanently visible like in other games, you have to override your chat with it. And even if they fixed that, it gets spamed too much with unimportant information because there's no grouping mechanism.

Grouping is mostly what you're looking for. Its when all the log messages are changed into sum totals over time, like if someone heals you ten times with Soothing Mist, it would say something such as "[10x] XYZ Player heals you for 12,345 (total) using Soothing Mist".

Its basic functionality in most games..