Allow all classes to use any armor class

Jables.4659

I understand that the original intention behind the three armor classes was to give each its own distinct silhouette, but we now live in a time of outfits and armor skins usable by all 3 weight classes. Since the original argument against it is no longer valid, why not make this happen? I'm not asking for the ability to mix pieces from different weight classes, as I understand that the clipping would be a nightmare for Arenanet to deal with. Rather, I'm asking for the option to use 6 medium armor skins on a light character, or 6 light armor skins on a heavy character. This is fashion wars after-all. As a side question, what is your favorite armor class and why? I love medium armor due to chest and leg skins feeling more connected in a natural way, despite the abundance of trench-coats. It also has the most diverse material options, from cloth to leather to metal.

@Taygus.4571 said:you guys totally didn't read what the OP is asking for.

They want an option that switches the armor pieces to all heavy or all medium or all light. not mix between the sets but be able to wear a heavy set on a light armoured class r vce versa.

And you didn't read the response. Armor does not attach in the same places on Light-Armor characters as it does on Medium- or Heavy-Armor characters. So, Light can't wear Heavy or Medium without the Devs creating new armors (that look the same).

And you didn't read the response. Armor does not attach in the same places on Light-Armor characters as it does on Medium- or Heavy-Armor characters. So, Light can't wear Heavy or Medium without the Devs creating new armors (that look the same).

If that is the case, why couldn't they just allow you to change the skeleton when swapping from light to medium?

@Jables.4659 said:

If that is the case, why couldn't they just allow you to change the skeleton when swapping from light to medium?

Because almost all character functionality that still exists from the launch of the game is hardcoded and changing it in any way is extremely expensive, timeconsuming and very likely to create gamebreaking bugs. It would be faster to remake a lot of the systems than to change them.

I don't agree nor disagree with you.I, myself would like to use certain armour pieces from one class in others.Example, a light reapers hood in a Daredevil.But that's why outfits exist, friend.

Not to sound hypocreetical, but I don't think it would make much sense to be honest.Imagine a ranger with full metal armour.However, I think the revenant mistwards armour, would fit them nicely.

But, no harm in asking ANet, right?You never know.

@"SoulGuardian.6203" said:Not to sound hypocreetical, but I don't think it would make much sense to be honest.Imagine a ranger with full metal armour.However, I think the revenant mistwards armour, would fit them nicely.Then you dont make any sense since we dont need to imagine. We already have it.

Either way its not going to happen, because fashion wars drive the game. Anet dont want you to use one "omni character" that can look like anything. They want you to use many classes. In fact, all of them. Because that means more characters, which means you have to buy slots, you have to buy inventory, you have to everything to support them. Then they want you to play them, so you can appreciate the difference in looks and play them even more.

@Jables.4659 said:I understand that the original intention behind the three armor classes was to give each its own distinct silhouette, but we now live in a time of outfits and armor skins usable by all 3 weight classes. Since the original argument against it is no longer valid, why not make this happen? I'm not asking for the ability to mix pieces from different weight classes, as I understand that the clipping would be a nightmare for Arenanet to deal with. Rather, I'm asking for the option to use 6 medium armor skins on a light character, or 6 light armor skins on a heavy character. This is fashion wars after-all. As a side question, what is your favorite armor class and why? I love medium armor due to chest and leg skins feeling more connected in a natural way, despite the abundance of trench-coats. It also has the most diverse material options, from cloth to leather to metal.

Simple question: you have 5 light armor pieces (all except for the helmet) and you put a heavy helmet on, would that remove all your 5 light pieces or the system will disallow a player from equipping the heavy helmet? In both cases there would be a lot of UI issues and confusion among the players. Yes those asking for something like this would use it just fine, but it would probably confuse everyone else as they will get their gear equipped/unequipped all the time.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"SoulGuardian.6203" said:Not to sound hypocreetical, but I don't think it would make much sense to be honest.Imagine a ranger with full metal armour.However, I think the revenant mistwards armour, would fit them nicely.Then you dont make any sense since we dont need to imagine. We already have it.

Either way its not going to happen, because fashion wars drive the game. Anet dont want you to use one "omni character" that can look like anything. They want you to use
many
classes. In fact,
all of them
. Because that means more characters, which means you have to buy slots, you have to buy inventory, you have to everything to support them. Then they want you to play them, so you can appreciate the difference in looks and play them even more.

Well, precisely.Obvious statement is obvious."Let's agree to disagree" sort of thing.But I couldn't agree with you more.You're right. It's not ANet is interest to have all characters looking the same.

Hence, I mentioned outfits... and that wouldn't make much sense, among other things.